icebreakr

Isla Duala for Arma 3 (WIP)

Psssst. All still hush hush, if BIS will present new tools for mapmaking, I'll try to release my Isla Duala for A3 conversion.

I'm waiting on new tools and putting together sketches and trying to get in contact with some talented people that would be willing to help. I think I can pull together a team and make something special.

I would like the map to be similiar to A2 version, but on the same side heavily upgrades. Since you know that BIS didn't include any new assets except Mediterranian type buildings, I plan whole new assets to go along.

isladual_01.jpg

I want the map to be the tribute to OFP Tonal island (I means so much to me, that some creators of it wrote an email to me and kept my spirits high during all the 100s of hours of work in A2).

I want the map to be truly special. I want the towns to look like African 70s/80s built/wartorn settlements. I think we can achieve that is reasonable time.

I'll keep you posted and put up a screenshot of the island when alpha version will be ready for the dev-team.

Team:

IceBreakr (team leader, creator)

Diablo (co-creator, A2 configurations, pews)

[TBA] (co-creator)

[TBA] (objects, assets)

Berghoff (A2 assets trees)

Mondkalb (A2 building set)

Until then... enjoy vanilla A3 ;)

• Like 1

This is really great news :)

Will you accompany this upcoming one with units and vehicles?

Cant wait for this, then maybe a panthera revision to come later (which i picture would be perfect with the new A3 buildings)

This is brilliant news, Isla Duala in Arma 2 was a great map :)

I particularly like this part:

Since you know that BIS didn't include any new assets except Mediterranian type buildings, I plan whole new assets to go along.

:D :D :D

Lets hope those new map-making tools get released pretty soon.

Re: new mapmaking tools, I found an answer in SITREP #00036:

OPERATIONS

We'd like to give you some idea of what we're working on adding to the tools suite. There are still some secondary tools to add, such as the FSM editor and TexView. Further away, but in the works, is Steam Workshop integration. This is more complex than scenarios have been, but we consider it an important effort. Terrain creators among you are wondering why there is no Visitor release yet. This is unfortunately not quite so easy. Visitor 4 is based on licensed technology and we are not allowed simply to release it. We need to find consent of the licencor first before we can make it available to the community. We'll keep you updated.

IceBrekr you tease! :D Oh man I really hope BIS comes through with them tools! :)

Re: new mapmaking tools, I found an answer in SITREP #00036:

Hope BI gets a license with some of the new features it has.

Cant wait for this, then maybe a panthera revision to come later (which i picture would be perfect with the new A3 buildings)

Well, I would probably need to increase the size of that island. By 2 ;) A lot of work, but we will see how first conversions go...

I am very please you started your work!

Duala was a great island for Operations in Arma, always had this amazing "Africa" feeling.

But, to be honest, I am wating for Lingor, my favourite map.

Absolutely Lingor is also my favourite island but I welcome Isla Duala anytime:)

Great news, glad to see you moving on to A3 :)

Icebreakr to Arma 3....Arma 3 is officially here :D

Just a Suggestion, but wouldnt it be more usefull if u create a "new" island and don call it "Isla Duala" ? cause i guess there could be some missunderstanding about what is what regarding the size of the map an other buildings and so on.

Beside that.....the project sounds nice :) Are there any solution for underwater objects? means could u create a nice looking underwater world too or would that take to much time?

hopefully we see soon a new island.

Edited by zelectec

Wow, this is great news! :)

Duala is definitely one of my all time favorites when it comes to Arma maps.

*endorse*

Awesome, Ice.

Will the map be bigger than your A2 one and do you have any plans to make rivers and waterways more affluent in your design? Affluent in regards to being able to safely navigate all the rivers with a CRRC with out it running aground in a middle of a river.

Edited by SpectreRSG