Sign in to follow this  
spencefoz

Issue - AI won't attack in Single or Multiplayer

Hey everyone,

Running into an issue where the AI (OPFOR and BLUFOR) will not attack each other when the mission is saved & played from multiplayer or singleplayer. The mission works fine when you preview it within the editor. Also, it was working before and then it just started to happen and I cannot get it to work.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Spencer

My guess, to many AI groups and/or to many waypoints on the map. Your CPU is probably borking out due to the heavy load.

I have no ai-specific addons enabled

There are a lot of units, groups and waypoints. I will try removing ones that are unessential or just random and see if I can get the issue to resolve with less.

Make sure it's not anything else game related first by throwing two opposing groups on stratis and see if they engage, be a shame to water down your mission if not required.

Edited by Katipo66

Hey, so the AI spawned into another map worked.

I have fixed/found the issue. When I start the mission and rush out to AI as fast as I can, they do not attack me. The AI/game seems to need a little bit of time to initialize everything before they engage and what not - it's a rather large mission. I went ahead and removed some unneeded units and streamlined the mission, without watering it down noticeably to the player, and it is running pretty quickly and smoothly. Thank you for the suggestions.