Sign in to follow this  
abs

[Tutorial] New Oxygen2 Install Guide

Hello in the tutorial see a folder called "addons - shortcut" and does not explain from where I check when I put this in the Star bulldozer try to start and get error

Can you help me?

Thanks for all

The addons - shortcut is part of the "extra credit" at the bottom of the page. It's a shortcut to your addons folder, and does not affect the operation of buldozer.

Abs

Greetings!

I followed the tutorial very carefully step-by-step and actually when I start Buldozer from O2 (with sample car file opened), it begins to load (start external viewer - wait a moment...). But every time the program crashes. Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Regards, Mac

so if you dont want to use the P drive method, what other options are there?

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

externalviewr unable to create viewer. I get that error message. I have it installed on the steam direction. Did i do something wroong?

Hey abs, thanks for this tutorial.

You might want to know, (maybe because of a recent update) it seems that the steam_api.dll is required in the P:\ drive, because if it's not present my buldozer crashes to desktop. I'm using the stable branch, dunno what happens in dev.

I'm still getting that "No entry 'Config.bin.cfgBuldozer' " error but it's working anyways :p

I do this for STEAM (without P drive) and work fine too ...

First step :

1) Create folder "A3Work" on "..Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools"

2) Extract "a3.pbo" on "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3"

Second step :

A3 Tools config

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/11/25/42/12/a3_too10.png

Oxygen2 config

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/11/25/42/12/oxygen10.png

If can help you ;)

Edited by Gonrak

Hey abs, thanks for this tutorial.

You might want to know, (maybe because of a recent update) it seems that the steam_api.dll is required in the P:\ drive, because if it's not present my buldozer crashes to desktop. I'm using the stable branch, dunno what happens in dev.

I'm still getting that "No entry 'Config.bin.cfgBuldozer' " error but it's working anyways :p

I can confirm this.

File that is needed for the viewer to not crash:

steam_api.dll

I can confirm this.

File that is needed for the viewer to not crash:

steam_api.dll

Thanks, folks. I will update this once I get the chance. Sorry for being disconnected...it's been a busy month.

Abs

Just adding to your excellent post (congrats), that all of your setup procedures for installing all mentioned items (including dll's), plus a lot more is now part of the arma3p package.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

this does a *complete* install of arma3 including extraction and derapifying all pbo's onto p:

Yea, it's in the options. Show background LOD.

Abs

hmm, look like it dont work for me.

selecting memory lod, then right click on lod 1.000, select Show at background and nothing.

Hi guys, first post here.

I was getting an error "External Viewer: Unable to create viewer".

Knowing absolutely nothing about modding/coding etc.. I assumed it was some super complex problem.

It wasn't. I was running Object Builder (Oxygen 2) as Administrator. I have a terrible habit of setting a tick in the "Run as Administrator" check box in properties/compatibility tab of the toolbar pinned application.

Do not run as administrator... Worked for me. Now I have a "Cannot load texture a3\data_f\halfa.paa" error... oh the joys... :p

I'm afraid this tutorials a bit out of date now it seems.. Or is it just a different shell?

I reinstalle tools and now can't use mouse in buldozer, only keyboard work.

Anyone know how to get back mouse control in buldozer?