Sign in to follow this  
abs

[Tutorial] New Oxygen2 Install Guide

Hi all,

After all the troubles that I had installing the new Oxygen2 (o2) and getting the buldozer viewer to run error free, I thought that I would write a guide that talks about how to install it from scratch.

This guide assumes no existing o2 install, and is aimed at new modders.

As someone who is not a new modder, I completely uninstalled my old BITools and removed my existing P: drive (keeping in mind not to uninstall TexTools. Doh!). This guide should help anyone get started from scratch.

Please comment here if you find an error with the guide, and I'll work on fixing it as soon as possible.

Abs' Install Tools and Configure o2 Tutorial

Much thanks for all those in the forums who have helped with troubleshooting. Not sure that I would have been able to do this without you all.

Abs

PS: All troubleshooting questions should be posted to this forum: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?174-ARMA-3-BI-TOOLS-TROUBLESHOOTING

Edited by Abs

Excellent job well done, thanks a lot, gentlesir :icon_twisted: I failed to bring something of this scope sooner, but people like You make us proud of the whole community, thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words, Pettka. I only hope that it's error free!

Abs

Thanks for the kind words, Pettka. I only hope that it's error free!

Abs

sure is, tried it myself, worked first time :clap:

Glad to hear it, Meatshield. :) I can rest easy now.

Abs

Edited by Abs

HUGE thx to you mate !!!

3 days that i tried to solve my textures problems in the viewer... and here you are with your tutorial !

Thx thx thx thx !!! :yay:

I will not be so gratfull with BIS... :mad:

I still have External viewer: TIMEOUT - operation takes a long time... but if I start oxygen as administrator External viewer: unable to create viewer ... nothing work... I don't know how to fix it

Edited by The7even

Nice work Abs! :D

BTW your tutorial works if you substitute P drive directories with custom locations like the desktop etc, if you don't want a P drive.

This is excellent Abs. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Just one question I have a 60gb main drive for arma3 and just the os which is tight on space I have my main p: drive set off my d: drive for a2 but when i do the guide for the subst (I changed p for q so not to mess my a2 p: drive up) q: users\smokedog\documents\A3Work it creates the q: drive off my c: drive leaving me no space, would you or anyone else mind letting me and others know a way to have two virtual drives a2 p: drive and and q:drive for arma3 not linking to c: drive or d: drive I got a new HD so i can just have a3 work on it cheers for the help and guide.

Just one question I have a 60gb main drive for arma3 and just the os which is tight on space I have my main p: drive set off my d: drive for a2 but when i do the guide for the subst (I changed p for q so not to mess my a2 p: drive up) q: users\smokedog\documents\A3Work it creates the q: drive off my c: drive leaving me no space, would you or anyone else mind letting me and others know a way to have two virtual drives a2 p: drive and and q:drive for arma3 not linking to c: drive or d: drive I got a new HD so i can just have a3 work on it cheers for the help and guide.

Not going to lie, it's kinda hard to understand your post, bro.

I'm going to assume that you said that you have a new hard drive for just A3 work (like a removable HD)...if that's the case you shouldn't even need a virtual drive. They key thing used to be that o2/bulldozer/other tools needed a root drive to work. If you have a removable drive just for modding, you can skip the P: section of it all.

Abs

Be aware that some tools acutally require a P: such as visitor and Mat editor

simplest way is to have two root folders and name them Armawork only when you want to work on that iteration so when you click P: drive it is only the contents of the root armawork folder that is Subst

Yes sorry was getting lost writing it what I mean is to have 2 virtual drives one for a2 one for a3 mirrored off two different hard drives D: drive = P:\ and K: drive = Q:\ should of explained myself better

my set up is this for hard drives

C:\ os and arma2 game and all dlc only 60gb ssd

D:\ arma3 game toh arma1 plus its mirrored my virtual P:\ 500gb

E:\56gb

F:\176gb

G:\65gb

H:\64gb

I:\64gb

K:\ arma3 hard drive and I would like to mirror a virtual Q:\ .250gb

I know it wasn't needed but it keeps it tidy the way its been cheers for the reply

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

As Sealife said, some apps still require P:, like Visitor....seems like you're an island maker. It's best to take his advice.

Abs

Cheers for the help Abs and sealife now the models our out I want to crack on porting what we need for terrains to work.

Oh my God, this helped so much. Normally I'm bumbling around aimlessly before giving up but I came in from scratch and actually installed O2.

Now to figure out what comes next.

Alright, so I just had to do a clean reinstall of O2 after I screwed something over last time, and it won't let me load anything other than the sample models. It just crashes.

One thing I found that really helps: Set your personal mod folder as the P: drive and buldozer viewer. My .bat file looks like

subst p: "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@sakumods\AddOns" 

Then buldozer is installed in my Addon folder. The end result is no need to copy files as you can load your P: drive directly into ArmA.

One thing I found that really helps: Set your personal mod folder as the P: drive and buldozer viewer. My .bat file looks like

subst p: "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@sakumods\AddOns" 

Then buldozer is installed in my Addon folder. The end result is no need to copy files as you can load your P: drive directly into ArmA.

That's a really great tip! Mind if I incorporate it into the tutorial?

Abs

I wouldnt recommend that method. Unless Im not seeing the point clearly. How can you access other source files that you may use from default A3 files since you wouldnt want to extract source files into your mod/addons folder? But thats your choice of course, just saying the work flow is alot easier when its all on a drive an setup properly. But hey if it works then thats all that matters.

Edited by NZXSHADOWS

Hello in the tutorial see a folder called "addons - shortcut" and does not explain from where I check when I put this in the Star bulldozer try to start and get error

Can you help me?

Thanks for all