Sign in to follow this  
alduric

ASM - Arma Samples Mod

Do you plan on adding PIP mirrors/monitor screens in future versions after your initial release?

It would be pretty awesome for the vehicles that use them to have proper gunner/commander TVs instead of static textures.

I don't care how it's packaged and just because it has weapons doesn't mean you have to use them, and I see no problem with bringing over some classic standard weapons that BI released for ArmA 2
We see the problem. It's not the only addon we're gonna use and every gun addon clutters and lags (one of) the best things about A3 - VAS, VTS Shop or any other loadout editor. There's more to say, but I doubt any of those will actually convince You, so I'm dropping this here.
so much as the attitude that sometimes goes with it, people act entitled and you can see it by the sheer amount if BI bashing that sometimes goes on and I sometimes (sadly)
Blah, blah, blah. Are You working in EA, by any chance? Of course we SHOULD feel entitled. You pay for something someone promised You = You SHOULD feel entitled. Esp. when someone charge You 50 $ for the goddamn 50 % finished beta! So stop that right there, we have the very right to do so. We aren't talking about some small indie studio, we're talking about the veterans of the gaming industry.

Esp. what BIS gets is really... 15 % of what they could get*. Look at all the hate Takedown got, or other, more popular games...

*I think that's just enough

see it being swung towards modders
I disagree. And when someone does something hmmm... controversial, You've the right to tell him so. You know, that's what forums are about. And pointing out someone's might be wrong is giving him the chance to improve (themselves, their opinions, their products).

It doesn't mean we aren't grateful for doing the job.

But more options is always the best solution. You won't give us options because You're lazy? That's fine.

But when You do extra work to scramble the content in the pbo's so the people can't choose what they want to use, because *something*?

People gonna question it, because *something* doesn't seem convincing, doesn't seem to have sense.

It's like "Hey, I'm gonna give You something, but also limit You in using it, because I like to limit people".

Yeah, he has the right to do so. But it won't go unnoticed.

Edited by JonPL

Well its nice to see that Alduric is in good shape. Calling him a guardian of BIS property would be a good omen atm. Don't you think doing everything to advertise your brand may change the way how people will percipe you in the future? :)

That's your business and beside your addons politics I'll keep fingers crossed for you, keep up good work.

Well its nice to see that Alduric is in good shape. Calling him a guardian of BIS property would be a good omen atm. Don't you think doing everything to advertise your brand may change the way how people will percipe you in the future? :)

That's your business and beside your addons politics I'll keep fingers crossed for you, keep up good work.

I'm doing this for myself, like other mods im working on. So i dont care about opinion or anything else. Anyone who will use my work, just will have to press 'download' button, nothing more, and noone will care how much time i spend on making this stuff. DATS LIFE GUYZZ

Edited by Alduric

not wishing to poop on anyone's parade. But with LEA why are people still even using VAS ?

LEA is so much easier to configure, arrange by Unit profile and indeed takes about 0.5 seconds to activate once you're ingame with no more waiting at the VAS box..

JMHO :)

All in one for me please, easier to get most communities to actually use a mod if it's one big pack.

SJ

Because VAS is a script and you don't need a Addon to change your loadout in game.

Not sure what your point is ? :)

Being a script doesn't make VAS any better.... not if it's taking people 10 minutes to access their stuff. If admins are worried about people joining with mods, well, that kinda solves the VAS problem as a vanilla only VAS box doesn't take 10 mins to load.

Got lots of mods, use LEA (or insert equivilent here). Want to restrict weapon and loadouts, stick with Vas - and avoid the loadout wait.

It's slightly off topic I suppose, but I would still rather have less but BIGGER all inclusive mods - than literally hundreds of potentially conflicting smaller packs. My community would 100% back that up. It's almost impossoble to get more than 10 or 20 mods locked down as requities as it is..... sigh

SJ

Not sure what your point is ? :)

Being a script doesn't make VAS any better.... not if it's taking people 10 minutes to access their stuff. If admins are worried about people joining with mods, well, that kinda solves the VAS problem as a vanilla only VAS box doesn't take 10 mins to load.

Got lots of mods, use LEA (or insert equivilent here). Want to restrict weapon and loadouts, stick with Vas - and avoid the loadout wait.

It's slightly off topic I suppose, but I would still rather have less but BIGGER all inclusive mods - than literally hundreds of potentially conflicting smaller packs. My community would 100% back that up. It's almost impossoble to get more than 10 or 20 mods locked down as requities as it is..... sigh

SJ

lets just get back on topic

Great progress alduric, you have come a long way and i hope your AH-1Z does not have the weird problem ours has with the folded rotors for some odd reason appearing at a far range

Alduric can you release a beta version of @ASM ? i would really enjoy these vehicles in some missions... thanks :) and congratulations for you great work !

Alduric can you release a beta version of @ASM ? i would really enjoy these vehicles in some missions... thanks :) and congratulations for you great work !

He already is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta version is almost prepared of public release.

What it will include:

- AH64D

- Black Hawk

- Black Hawk Med

- BRDM

- 3 types of Humvee's

- BRDM

- Bradley

- Some Russian weapons

Some Info

- PhysX supported Ofc :)

- There are some know bugs, and it will be fixed in main release

- This stuff is 100% playable (comfortable gameplay)

- You will not be able to edit this stuff

- With beta updates i will update new content step by step

- I will run place to give me official feedback, id like to make it 100% usable and comfortable for you guys.

not wishing to poop on anyone's parade. But with LEA why are people still even using VAS ?

LEA is so much easier to configure, arrange by Unit profile and indeed takes about 0.5 seconds to activate once you're ingame with no more waiting at the VAS box..

JMHO :)

All in one for me please, easier to get most communities to actually use a mod if it's one big pack.

SJ

Personally my group avoids it due to abuse in the past (Back in A2 there where players who figured out you could carry an M82 and two machine guns plus all the ammo in a rucksack using the presets), the ability to limit VAS's content and also it only being a script which can be added or removed easily rather than making everyone download and install LEA.

LEA is mainly useful for mission maker, it was designed for that at the beginning. Not for domination mission like. The tool is not the problem, the players are.

We should get back on topic after this ;)

@Alduric, do you know how big (in Go)your ASM mod is?

Beta version have now 600mb atm ( But im not sure about public release ) Full 3gb +/- maybe more

I think he means, he's not sure how big the full public release is going to be. Otherwise if this was a private mod, this would be in the wrong section of forums. I think he is going to have a Beta public release any day now.

Beta version have now 600mb atm ( But im not sure about public release ) Full 3gb +/- maybe more

How will you be hosting this time? Just wondering because I remember what happened with your A3MP release :p

So, any updates on this? And guesstimate on possible release date?

I miss my Apache, badly.

Rages, this Apache is for ArmA2, not for ArmA3. ;)