Sign in to follow this  
alduric

ASM - Arma Samples Mod

Appreciate it Alduric. Please consider adding a few MBT's in forthcoming updates :)

btw, what sounds will you use for vehicles and weapons?

So fucking glad to hear that there will be some AKs in the beta sample. :)

sounds good! hoped to see the chinook in there though, but I guess that'll be added later. :rolleyes:

Are the weapons all going to be the base model allowing us to use the glory of A3 and just attach accessories individually? I'm so happy we are past the days of five variant for the same weapon just with different sights.

I know you stated "You cannont edit this stuff". But in the future, could you make it possible for us to use the ACSE mod from Arma 2 for the weapon sounds instead of the JSRS sound mod, or would that be too difficult. Let me know. Thanks

I know you stated "You cannont edit this stuff". But in the future, could you make it possible for us to use the ACSE mod from Arma 2 for the weapon sounds instead of the JSRS sound mod, or would that be too difficult. Let me know. Thanks

I will think how to make few sound sources and how to configure them via userconfig, but anyway i have no rights to use ACSE sounds and im sure no1 of you have :P

So, to clarify, you won't give permissions for people to use your conversions of the A2/OA/DLC files?

Ofc i will, you can download ASM and use it. You cant use part of it, or make another addon using it.

I'm finishing bradley to be useable, and i need to make translations cuz mod is in polish atm :P So beta release is close :yay:

This is incredible, Alduric. Thank you for sharing this work with us.

How large do you estimate file sizes are going to be, for both the beta and final versions?

(not that it matters, given the amount of content available haha)

Alduric, what sort of British Weapons and Vehicles are you intending on bringing over? I see the L85 already :)

Ofc i will, you can download ASM and use it. You cant use part of it, or make another addon using it.

My apologies for not making it clear, by "permissions" i meant if somebody contacted you via PM or e-mail, etc. asking for permissions to use/modify your conversions, but I think I got the answer anyways. Thanks.

Will weapons and vehicles be in seperate PBOs or will everything be in one all encompassing PBO?

Will weapons and vehicles be in seperate PBOs or will everything be in one all encompassing PBO?

What's the difference for you?

What's the difference for you?

Excuse me?

Anyways, let me rephrase what I said, with there be one pbo in the addons folder that will contain all the weapons and one pbo in the addons folder for all the vehicles?

Excuse me?

Anyways, let me rephrase what I said, with there be one pbo in the addons folder that will contain all the weapons and one pbo in the addons folder for all the vehicles?

Nope, it will be randomly spreaded around to avoid copying one pbo to another mods.

So should we get both weapon and vehicle in one pbo?

It'a cool that you convert former arma weapon, i admire your skills and effort but...

Maybe some ppl just want vehicle, because there are so many good weapon addons already, such as massi or rh or fhq etc etc.

i think having this bunch of all arma sample hand armed weapons could be burden to them

So should we get both weapon and vehicle in one pbo?

It'a cool that you convert former arma weapon' i admire your skills and effort but...

Maybe some ppl just want vehicle, because there are so many good weapon addons already, auch as massi or rh or fhq etc etc.

i think having this bunch of all arma sample hand armed weapons could be burden to them

So those ppl will have to do it by themself, i will provide ASM mod as one mod package, and no1 will be able to pick whatever they want from this mod.

Then you better let us know the class name of weapon, because i can't let them delay vas loading (VAS has not been loadede)because of them

Nope, it will be randomly spreaded around to avoid copying one pbo to another mods.

Wouldn't making only one PBO actually facilitate people using your content wholesale? Will you be locking ASM?

Apart from being a diva, what are the actual pro's of such solution?

I would have to agree of JonPL and kgino1045. Putting the vehicles and weapons in two different pbo's would be a major help for players who are not interested in say using vehicles or weapons. I would even say, put everything in their separate pbo's but if you are afraid of people steeling your work, then I understand.

I would have to agree of JonPL and kgino1045. Putting the vehicles and weapons in two different pbo's would be a major help for players who are not interested in say using vehicles or weapons. I would even say, put everything in their separate pbo's but if you are afraid of people steeling your work, then I understand.

That's not going to stop anyone

People cmon just respect Alduric's ideas.no one know how much hours of his free time he put into this project.We live in internet 2.0 era,few gb of data are not a problem to download.

When ASM will be out you'll be able to mix it whit whatever mod you prefer

I don't care how it's packaged and just because it has weapons doesn't mean you have to use them, and I see no problem with bringing over some classic standard weapons that BI released for ArmA 2, which is what this mod is about (legacy content)... I think this is one of the most anticipated mods, at least for me personally, which goes a long way into bringing back some classic content and luckily there are plenty of infantry related mods out there already to go along with these much needed vehicles.

I think instead of blatantly questioning and making clever statements on how and why a modder puts together his mod, rather sit back, relax and be more greatfull for the content a modder such a Alduric has provided/ported over (with quality) to ArmA 3. He made his statement on how he is packaging it so deal with it, he ddn't ask for your suggestions and it's not a serious problem to warrant a change of course.

The problem isn't the criticism/questioning so much as the attitude that sometimes goes with it, people act entitled and you can see it by the sheer amount if BI bashing that sometimes goes on and I sometimes (sadly) see it being swung towards modders who are the backbone of this series. But I guess we can bare in mind that there's different cultured people on these forums who carry over thoughts/words/ideas differently to others, much like in real life with actual human contact. :803: eek