sekara74

SINGLE PLAYER - Brief Lives - A guerilla war in 10 parts

Andros Rhodocanakis has lived on Altis all his life.

He stayed on his homeland when so many fled.

Now that the NATO forces are leaving, CSAT troops are moving in.

Andros cannot stand by any longer.

He must fight for what he believes in.

No matter the cost.

Take back your hometown.

Take the fight to the invaders.

Push them back into the sea.

For honour.

For Altis.

Single Player 'campaign'

Available on Steam Workshop.

Approx 45 to 120 minutes of gameplay per episode

I'm currently in the process of writing Episode 9 of 10 -it's getting dark....

Follow the adventures of Andros (and the foul-mouthed mechanic Bastiaan) as they engage in epic, sprawling, multi-objective missions to take back Altis for the people.

Link to Andros 2020 collection - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202557301

Link to Brief Lives collection - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196310017

Edited by Sekara74
Workshop - not store....

This should be a nice campaign but could you upload all the campaign in some file hosting would be better than download one by one in the workshop thanks .

The 10 missions are saved as a collection on the Workshop. One click will subscribe you to all missions.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Well, technically 11...

Go back to the 2020's and experience some of Andros Rhodocankis' memories of his time serving as a helicopter pilot in the AAF.

This companion campaign to Brief Lives is a series of non-sequential mostly helicopter based missions set against a backdrop of rising rebel incursions against AAF control

I'll be adding to this collection as the ideas hit me....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202557301

Se'Kara.

Didn't play to much Brief Lives yet (i have A3 from few days) but nice that you have new campaign/mission pack.Downloading.

Thanks for your work.

Few suggestion:

you can polish your missions, add some pictures (short info about mission) to overview (now if we choose your mission in game menu we have empty place where we should have picture and small info), http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Overview.html

you can add also picture to info when mission is loaded, http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Overview.html (nevermind, you had this)

you could add mission name in editor (i dont know how it is in A3, but in A2 it was in Intel window-place where you set weather), now we see something like brief%20lievs%20...in SP missions menu and this dont loook so good, and if you add in editor mission name for example Brief Lives epiosode 3 - this name players will see in SP missions menu in game,

also you colud use setidentity for players unit, now we play with ingame nick, http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Edited by tom3kb

While I played a lot of Arma 2, I never touched the editor, so I'm new to it - since A3 was released - these look like great suggestions. Thanks

Also you can add to each task trigger command savegame, with this game will autosave after player will finish each task (not all play with unlimited savegames, and sometimes you forgot to save). 2nd thing, you can also you use in your missions commands donekeys and activatekey (point 1.19 and 1.20 http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#keys) with this if someone finish your mission there will be green mark in SP missions menu (its nice to know which mission we already finished, especially if you have few hundreds or more missions on your hdd).

Ps: maybe in future you can make small mission pack for AAF (green army) in next patch they will have few nice new toys. It would be nice to se them in action. ;)

I hope you do not mind a few tips from the "older" missionmaker. ;) Really like your "resistance" missions and waiting for more in future.

Edited by tom3kb

Just posted part 6 of the Andros 2020 series.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:33 ----------

I've added savegames as a few people requested them.

Also - I'm not sure if you've seen the Andros 2020 series - They're missions set during the 2020's when Andros was in the AAF, so you get to play with 'green' stuff.

It mostly follows his career as a helo pilot, but I'm trying to include a mix of mission types.

Yes i have Andros 2020 pack (i have to download that last 6 part). I like infantry missions but from time to time i also like to play as pilot or tank commander. ;)

Yes i have Andros 2020 pack (i have to download that last 6 part). I like infantry missions but from time to time i also like to play as pilot or tank commander. ;)

Do you like to play with your rubber ducky when you take a bath? Hehehe........

I have to re-download these missions from Part 3 and play it through to the end.......

Andros 2020 - mission 8's up.

Go undercover, capture and extract a rebel officer from a heavily guarded town.

And where is the link :p

If you release something its good to add links, also update your first post with the links for your missions.

Ps: i think its part 7 not 8 (or you count also Memory 7 MP version). ;)

Edited by tom3kb

My feedback for Andros 2020 - Memory 1

After a few retries, I carefully lower my speed just before the engine failure, and therefore I land way off the designated emergency LZ. But the mission still works, as the infantry squad disembarks and leads me to the intended spot where the relevant objective is ticked off. After a long march without events, the first village awaits me with a moderate infantry battle, and I am tasked to retrieve something from a fallen comrade and push on to my initial destination (where I had to unload the squad). Actually, my only other squad member refuses to board a pickup I got from the rebels, so I push on alone. At Abdera, 2 enemy vehicles vs. 1 single round in my AT launcher convince me to take a detour avoiding any roads on foot. Even this careful way makes it necessary to keep a low profile as passing rounds and grenades stress to me. Finally I make it to the outpost. Great mission, I am looking forward to the others in this collection.

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger

One of the best user made campaigns out there. Every mission practically feels like a campaign of its own! I recommend to save the mission's pbo's in your missions folder. Playing from the steam subscription my ruin your saved games.

I have given up testing on Andros 2020 since my mouse-and-keyboard piloting leads to more crashing than hitting targets or conducting precision flying. Instead, Brief Lives - Episode 1 totally blew me away. Staggering 17 objectives, no bugs, and the definition of epic. And this is just the first mission! I don't know if anybody here can still relate, but if this campaign goes on as in the first mission, it is close to the greatness of the original OFP Resistance campaign, if not better. Major thumbs up!

Brief Lives - Episode 2 appears to contain a bug.

I shall pick up explosives at a construction site and right at the spot where I would stumble over a pallet of bricks, my character says that he has found them, yet they are nowhere to be seen and no new action pops up in the action menu. Any advice?

Brief Lives - Episode 3

Right at the mission start: How do I get rid of the collar?????

Take a wonder to the pier (quoting Se'Kara in the workshop page)

Thank you variable for helping me out. I cannot beat that mission anyway, because:

At Bastiaan's location, I am down to myself and my medic, the enemy is pinning me down from 500 meters, and there is an attack boat which I cannot hit without being picked off by cunning far reaching enemies. I should have checked the ammo crate at the second objective for sniper rifles. :(

Brief Lives - Episode 3.5: This one is a nice little interlude, leaving me hungry for more. No bugs spotted.

Brief Lives Episode 4

Is a change of pace. It would be great, if BIS had not f*ed up the tank driving and command part of their game. I wish I would receive an Euro every time my T-100 is stopped dead in its tracks by a small treee... *sigh*.

Fundamental criticism apart, you did a tank mission that is very well made, considering the existing limitations.

Brief Lives Episode 5

I need another advice, this mission is simply impossible to complete for me. See spoiler:

At Neochori the strongest aid in taking a fully defended base is using a Ifrit with MG, but my plan to attrit the enemy base by circling it and firing does not work, simply the shitload of enemies kill me off. Any ideas how to beat this?