Sign in to follow this  
xaithe

7 Commando Royal Marines (Recruiting)

Welcome to the 7 Commando Royal Marines *RECRUITMENT Thread*

>If you just want to join straight away read *How to join*.

>If you need persuading read everything further down.

> We work in the 00:00 GMT timezone. We accept all nationalities.

How To Join:

- Come onto the JOC (Joint Operations Command Teamspeak (IP: 192.223.27.244))

- Scroll down to the "7 Commando Royal Marines Section" and look for any of these members: Turner, Scotty, Gillard or Gully

- Message them or join they're channel and they'll sort you out. If they are not online, speak to Kurlz, Riggi or Pool and ask to join 7CDO.

What we do:

- We are a British based realism unit currently using ARMA II to replicate Military engagements accurately using many mods including ACE/ACRE. We conduct weekend training sections in-between operations to ensure all our guys have the skills to pay the bills. We cut out the BULLSH*T that a lot of other units come with (Arguing over power etc) and focus on an enjoyable experience. We use real military tactics, use convoys, helicopter extractions etc... This provides epicness!

What you need:

- ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

- 6GB of free space

- Teamspeak (IP: 192.223.27.244) Scroll down to the 7 Commando Royal Marines Section

- Headset/Microphone

- A Brain

Why is this thread so long?

Recruitment is a key part of any unit and so I take great care in putting together recruitment threads. If you dotn have time to read it all I'll make a quick join section at the top if you just want to get on the battlefield.

Why not ARMA 3?

- Well, ARMA 3 is very buggy at this point and not ready for realism unit use. It does not have enough mods to replicate the awesomeness we get on ARMA 2 OA.

What Can I Excpect To Do In An Operation?:

- Anything from: A personal recovery, defensive/offensive tasks, extractions, ambushes, hostage taking to clearing a town or locating hidden IEDs.

- Because we run ops with other units from JOC, we get a a wide variety of things coming through.

What Makes This Unit Stand Out?

- We are part of JOC (Joint Operations Command) which is a group of realism units that share the same teamspeak. This means there are ALWAYS people online to talk to and play with, even if they are not part of your unit.

- Especially good for Europeans as we work in the GMT 00:00 timezone as we are a British (UK) unit. We also take on U.S players but as you are 5-6 hours behind us, training and ops may be earlier in the day for you. However, there will still be U.S residents on from other units in JOC to play with in the US evening.

- We use a relatively large amount of mods allowing us to take full advantage of ARMA. All the mods are tested individually for problems to ensure no game-breaking mods are downloaded. I have over 140 mods, and my game still works as well as it did new. You of course will only have to download the necessary mods for the unit (About 6.0GB).

- The best Realism Unit training map including over 50,000 custom placed items and a CQB City/indoor shooting range/Driving range/Airfield and many more locations available to you in order to test and refine your skills.

- Play with the best. Our members are very experienced and will get you to grips with things right away!

Social Aspect:

- Our members don't just play ARMA. like all gamers we play a wide variety of games like Battlefield, Real time strategies, Dayz/Wasteland, MMOs etc...

- Also you could get on Youtube if in one of our recorded operations.

Kind Regards, [sgt] T. Gully [7CDO]