Sign in to follow this  
OlympusMons

After last update, Game consistantly crashes upon starting Career Mode

Hey,

First off. Love the game. I look forward to it's completion!

So every time I start the game, it gets to the menu just fine, but as soon as I enter career mode it freezes. Upon returning to my desktop I am greeted with this message:

GWExJb4

http://imgur.com/GWExJb4

Any idea what this is about? The problem may be on my end since I have not yet seen similar posts by anyone else here.

I have a SONY VAIO, Windows 7, 64bit, 8GB RAM, about 100GB HDD (Partitioned with Ubuntu, if that makes any difference)

EDIT: Turns out It works fine when I start a new mission, just not when I try and play my old one. Is this a temporary error or will you be unable to play missions from prior to this update (which would not be much of a problem, I would just like to know)

Here are some error and crash logs too:

Error Log:

---------------------------------------------

Log C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\SteamIDNumber\244030\local\error.log started at 24.11. 13:57:14

Loading config '$profile:ccsettings.xml'

Missing sound shader ambients/amb_wind

!!! Warning, some error when parsing world weather effect values on world...

Crash Log:

Log C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\SteamIDNumber\244030\local\crash.log started at 24.11. 13:41:37

------------------------------------

KAYLEE, 24.11 2013 13:41:37

Unhandled exception

Program: ...)\Steam\steamapps\common\Take On Mars\TKOM.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 100025e0 at 8c00000a

[enf::Variable::GetVType]: ??? addr:0x100025e0

[enf::Variable::GetVType]: ??? addr:0x100025e0

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Runtime mode

Edited by OlympusMons

Hi, you'll have to start a new space program. Simply press Restart in the Space Program menu. Old saves are not supported as the major new update overhauls the old linear system to a new, dynamic system where you research technologies which give you access to new equipment and so on. Trust me it is worth the restart!