sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

using the default modset (only XMedSys + requirements) there is no blur effect

to disable the blur effect you need to modify

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur

I have disabled all mods other then XMed + requirements and I have taken two screen shots.

This is one taken without the module.

http://www.gol-clan.co.uk/R4IDER/2014-03-20_00001.jpg

This is one taken using the module.

http://www.gol-clan.co.uk/R4IDER/2014-03-20_00002.jpg

Adding X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur = false; didn't solve the issue.

EDIT: Never mind, had a problem with X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable on serverconfig completely disabling the xmed interface, but I just removed it from the serverconfig and now everything seems to work

also, does X39_MedSys_var_KillUnitWhenMaxDamageReached actually work? it doesn't seem to be killing, but I'm only testing by myself so I'm not sure yet

Edited by GDent

I have disabled all mods other then XMed + requirements and I have taken two screen shots.

same problem here

XMedSys is a great mod with good intentions

but it growing out from a medical system to a complete immersion mod with to many settings to explore and to deal with

for us the reason to go back to a simple revive system

pretty sure you did anything so no pure setup as my results are as clearly as i expect them to be

check RPT log for any output and make a VALID check that you only got XMedSys addons inside

The mod had never and will never have such an issue as that is something that is pretty easy to spot even for those small tests i do before the release

EDIT: Never mind, had a problem with X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable on serverconfig completely disabling the xmed interface, but I just removed it from the serverconfig and now everything seems to work

also, does X39_MedSys_var_KillUnitWhenMaxDamageReached actually work? it doesn't seem to be killing, but I'm only testing by myself so I'm not sure yet

it is working

but it still will allow fake kill (read the wiki article to it and/or [<-- forgot to update it ... me stupido :F sry] the changelog. both say that it will enable a kill when a units damage hits X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage (also possible when a unit is dead)

same problem here

XMedSys is a great mod with good intentions

but it growing out from a medical system to a complete immersion mod with to many settings to explore and to deal with

for us the reason to go back to a simple revive system

well then its good that you leave

if you feel some kind of angry to me and my system because i add features to it you dont understand and dont want to understand/disable

its your fault.

there is the wiki (incomplete but ALL missing variables got a changelog entry which is basicly like that what will be put into the wiki), the changelog AND this forum where i answer every question if it is not already answered the last 3 pages about 1000000000 times (felt)

also you dont need to edit all missions as i added the server config

so

is it my problem that youre not able to do some easy steps?

nope

it is not

((sorry for writing such a rage post but it just shows again that people are not whilled to use the ways to contact me i provide! THERE IS EVEN A STEAM GROUP ... so yeah you WILL find a way to contact me to get your help! But if i need to write to the same person "its a setup issue. You will see if you just use the example mission with default settings" then im just getting more then just simply angry ...))

PS

just repeating me over and over (just saw another tutorial suggesting this)

DONT PUT ANYTHING INTO THE PLAYERS INIT TO INIT FROM THE MOD UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE DOING!

In nearly ALL cases this will create unexpected behaviour!

the InitializeUnit function JUST needs to be callen if you want to use AI which is a pretty stupid implementation as its more intended for testing then for usefull use as the AI wont use the system at all!

Just place the module down OR (if you dont want to use the module) call the X39_MedSys_fnc_initMod function AND ONLY THIS FUNCTION in any module/unit/WHATEVAR (without parameters)

There is no need to call anything else but this simple function for EVERY player ONCE (so simply place this function inside of the init.sqf or a game logic if you really dont want to use the module)

Edited by X39

Would anyone be able to point me towards an example serverconfig file?, i see all the variables in there, just need to know how to manipulate them.

btw, a big thanks to x39, despite the rage going around i'm sure all are appreciative of your hard work..

Gav

Hi X39,

First off, thanks for making such a cool mod!

We enabled the mod just using the module in game to test it out. Let me tell you, that was the first time that I thought I might enjoy the medic role again!!!

There are a couple of us researching this, and we've been looking for a couple of days. Our largest problem is not understanding much of what has been written on the system currently.

Is there a way that a community member could write a "X39 MedSys for Dummies" guide? I fully realize that all of the information has been provided somewhere. Finding it has been a chore, and for people (like myself) who are not scripters, what is available is cryptic.

I understand that variables should be placed inside the server config file? Then this config file goes into the userconfig folder in the dedicated server correct?

I think quite a few questions would stop showing up if we had a resource to look at that includes a full sample of a setup with limitations ect. I realize that you probably don't have the time to do that. Maybe someone in the community could write it up and send it to you to post on your wiki?

Something like:

***Server.cfg***

//This config file will give a default setup for a typical setup

//All Players can bandage and apply tourniquets

//Only medics can blood bag, use medic bags and revive

//Copy paste this into your server.cfg then place this file into the userconfig folder under your Arma 3 directory

{A whole bunch of code and variables that I am still trying to learn about

[even more stuff that I don't understand]

}

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur = false;

ect ect.

It's just a thought. Then when someone (like me) asks a stupid question you can simply cut and paste the webpage link

Me - "Hey X39 I can't get limitations to work!"

You - go to here: X39wiki.com/IDIOTS_GUIDE_TO_SETUP_FILES

I think initially it would take a bit of time, but in the long run who knows how much time you would save instead of answering every persons questions individually!

And if that's not possible, could I get someone to post up a server config that works for them? So I can look at a functional .cfg setup and learn how to modify it for our needs?

Thanks again for taking the time to make such a in depth modular system!!!

it is working

but it still will allow fake kill (read the wiki article to it and/or [<-- forgot to update it ... me stupido :F sry] the changelog. both say that it will enable a kill when a units damage hits X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage (also possible when a unit is dead)

I'll keep messing with it, thank you. I tried unloading a whole mag into the test AI in the sample mission and he never died, but maybe it's different on players, or maybe I just have to change the different kill variables

stuff...

Why not use the wiki ?

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The server config - bit here

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig

You can use our one if you like :)

/*
*	See
*	http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig
*	to find out how to setup this!
*/

X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_enable = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Action_CheckUnit_OutputRealValues = true;

X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut = 5;
X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut = 8;
X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforeDead = 10;

X39_MedSys_var_BandageBleedingHeal = 5;
X39_MedSys_var_Healing_MedKitValue = 30;
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 5;

X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_MinTimeBetweenTempKnockOuts = 20;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 10;
X39_MedSys_var_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout = 20;

Why not use the wiki ?

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The server config - bit here

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig

You can use our one if you like :)

/*
*	See
*	http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig
*/

X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable = false;

Thanks for throwing that up!

I looked through the wiki, and the comments, and the devlog in the download, the problem is that there is quite a bit in there that I am not understanding, I just don't have the background knowledge. So since I am in over my head already... I figured the best way to learn to swim is to jump in the deep end!

For instance, in the wiki, I don't see how to setup limitations. And once I figure that out. Now how do I setup limitations to be pushed server to client side. A working example helps, then I can pick it apart, see what breaks when I change stuff in it. With no working example to play with, I just start broken :butbut:

I saw the posts on setting up limitations earlier, but those were written by someone who knows what they are doing, for someone who knows what they are doing....

I'm a reasonably intelligent guy.. but I have Zero experience with mods, scripting ect. So I am at the very bottom of the bell curve!

I'll keep messing with it, thank you. I tried unloading a whole mag into the test AI in the sample mission and he never died, but maybe it's different on players, or maybe I just have to change the different kill variables

for the default setting (no changes at variables) it works fine through simply setting the variable to true with AI

maybe you did not updated correctly? or set the X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage to something a way to high?

could help if you post your setup/server config (just to note here: the serverconfig file is required by clients and by servers but only executed on all computers where isServer returns true so its also possible to work with this inside of the editor)

to be honest, I haven't been able to do a whole lot of testing, so it might be working and I just don't know it. I'll post my server config anyway, maybe there's a problem with it.

X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_showRespawnButton = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotFakeKilling = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotDeathLimit = 0.6;

X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime = 180;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_EnableHealthView = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_EnableBoodView = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_EnableLegView = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_EnableTourniquetView = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_EnableMorphineView = false;

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 6;

X39_MedSys_var_Healing_MedKitValue = 12;

X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_showAbortButton = false;

X39_MedSys_var_KillUnitWhenMaxDamageReached = true;

Thanks for throwing that up!

I looked through the wiki, and the comments, and the devlog in the download, the problem is that there is quite a bit in there that I am not understanding, I just don't have the background knowledge. So since I am in over my head already... I figured the best way to learn to swim is to jump in the deep end!

For instance, in the wiki, I don't see how to setup limitations. And once I figure that out. Now how do I setup limitations to be pushed server to client side. A working example helps, then I can pick it apart, see what breaks when I change stuff in it. With no working example to play with, I just start broken :butbut:

I saw the posts on setting up limitations earlier, but those were written by someone who knows what they are doing, for someone who knows what they are doing....

I'm a reasonably intelligent guy.. but I have Zero experience with mods, scripting ect. So I am at the very bottom of the bell curve!

Ruwe, I think it's probably the Blind leading the Blind. I have simply adapted other people's setup to suit ours (that's the server config I use in my original post, you're welcome to try it for size :) )

I would start with a basic setup and adjust one variable at a time to fine tune the finished result you want. I'm not running limitations for the moment, as It's a public server and most people would just be confused why they can't heal their buddies.

SJ

I find this mod very interressant but since the last ones MAJ, we have multiple problems. Among others when we die, ear plugs disappear. Of the blow we become deaf.

Has t he(it) a solution there to configure the xmedsys without ear plugs or make so that those this do not disappear when we fall to the field of honor

3CB to the rescue again, Ta James.

thanks for the server configs, and also d'oh how did i not see the wiki entry? I was only finding the variable entries which were not explained well enough for my tiny brain.

G

I can probably write a "manual" for all the variables.

That would be awesome Pellejones!

Serjames, yeah, I copied what you posted and I'm going to try to edit it and see what I can some up with. Right now we are just playing with the default setup. It's possible some of the Operation Titan guys already have a server config that they are using. Since most of this is so my unit can participate (and be trained prior too...) I'll get with them as well.

I appreciate any help you guys give! And sorry for the long delays in my responses. I'm still under suspicion and have to have a mod clear my posts until I pass 5... :p

lol ha, you'll get there. Notice that if you DO NOT want Limitations set you need to remove the module from the map AND Comment out the variable in the vconfig..

eg

/*
*	See
*/

[color="#FF0000"]//X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable = false[/color];

lol ha, you'll get there. Notice that if you DO NOT want Limitations set you need to remove the module from the map AND Comment out the variable in the vconfig..

Huh.

I just place the actual Xmed module in the mission, then load up the game. From what I understood from reading through the read me and looking at the sample mission, the limitations module is for using the AI, which I have no desire to do, they kill me enough without being able to heal themselves!

I don't mess with anything. Default for me is all players can use every option.

Is this maybe what you have to do once you start using the server config? As of now each user has their own config, I have no server config being pushed. I actually think that I am running an older version. I have a MedSysConfig.hpp in my userconfig folder. Here is what it says:

/*
*	See
*	http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ListOfKeyCodes
*	for the available keycodes
*	Please stay with the datatypes! Meaning that even if its possible to enter an integer for a boolean just
*	DONT DO IT! Its bad style... (also its harder to read)
*	---Using actionKeys---
*	Action keys are keys which you can set ingame
*	(For example "Next Target" or "Custom User key 1")
*	through a implementation limitation you only can give them single key activation
*	('A' instead of for example 'CTRL + A')
*/
class x39_settings {
class general {
	outputMessagesAsHint = true;														//Output XMedSys messages as hint
	outputMessagesAsSystemMessage = false;												//Output XMedSys messages as systemChat message

enableOnAllMissions = false;														//Force XMedSys to be enabled clientside (!WARNING! Cant be prevented by missions!)
};
class overlay {
	refreshRate = 1;																	//Overlay refreshRate in seconds (can increase performance if set to higher values)
	transparency = 1;																	//Manipulates overlay transparency (does not includes the total screen overlay! Only the icons)
	enableCamShake = true;																//if enabled, your cam will shake when you have taken a hit

class bleeding{																		//Options for the blood status pic. Usualy you can leave this like it is shipped
		bloodPic1 = 1;																	//Needed blood for the first blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
		bloodPic2 = 0.8;																//Needed blood for the second blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
		bloodPic3 = 0.6;																//Needed blood for the third blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
		bloodPic4 = 0.4;																//Needed blood for the fourth blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
		bloodPic5 = 0.2;																//Needed blood for the fifth blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
	};

AllowHealthView = true;															//Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
	AllowBoodView = true;																//Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
	AllowLegView = true;																//Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
	AllowTourniquetView = true;															//Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
	AllowMorphineView = true;															//Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
};
class keys {
	class Key1 {
		Name = "Self interaction Menu";													//Name of the key (currently no use)
		Description = "The menu for self diagnostic etc.";								//Description of the key (currently no use)
		key = 211;																		//Key code of the key you want to use
		press_ctrl = false;																//if ctrl should be pressed with the key
		press_alt = false;																//if alt should be pressed with the key
		press_shift = false;															//if shift should be pressed with the key

useActionKey = true;															//if true the upper part will be ignored and the ArmA 3 internal actionKey will be used
		actionKey = "User1";															//ActionKey to use (you can find the default value at 'Custom controls')
	};
	class Key2 {
		Name = "Others interaction Menu";												//Name of the key (currently no use)
		Description = "The menu to create diagnostics of other people etc.";			//Description of the key (currently no use)
		key = 210;																		//Key code of the key you want to use
		press_ctrl = false;																//if ctrl should be pressed with the key
		press_alt = false;																//if alt should be pressed with the key
		press_shift = false;															//if shift should be pressed with the key

useActionKey = true;															//if true the upper part will be ignored and the ArmA 3 internal actionKey will be used
		actionKey = "User2";															//ActionKey to use (you can find the default value at 'Custom controls')
	};
};
};

I configured some variables to look like this

X39_MedSys_var_Head_DamageMultiplicator = 100; //default 1
X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotFakeKilling = false; //default true 
X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotDeathLimit = 1; //default -1

Yet when I walk up to shot an unarmed civilian(Oops) in the head at point blank range with the MXC, they're still standing. Are there any other parameters I should change?

I configured some variables to look like this

X39_MedSys_var_Head_DamageMultiplicator = 100; //default 1
X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotFakeKilling = false; //default true 
X39_MedSys_var_Head_HeadShotDeathLimit = 1; //default -1

Yet when I walk up to shot an unarmed civilian(Oops) in the head at point blank range with the MXC, they're still standing. Are there any other parameters I should change?

http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=42

created bug for this

seems like its not working anymore : /

Huh.

I just place the actual Xmed module in the mission, then load up the game. From what I understood from reading through the read me and looking at the sample mission, the limitations module is for using the AI, which I have no desire to do, they kill me enough without being able to heal themselves!

I don't mess with anything. Default for me is all players can use every option.

Is this maybe what you have to do once you start using the server config? As of now each user has their own config, I have no server config being pushed. I actually think that I am running an older version. I have a MedSysConfig.hpp in my userconfig folder. Here is what it says:

/*
*    See
*    http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ListOfKeyCodes
*    for the available keycodes
*    Please stay with the datatypes! Meaning that even if its possible to enter an integer for a boolean just
*    DONT DO IT! Its bad style... (also its harder to read)
*    ---Using actionKeys---
*    Action keys are keys which you can set ingame
*    (For example "Next Target" or "Custom User key 1")
*    through a implementation limitation you only can give them single key activation
*    ('A' instead of for example 'CTRL + A')
*/
class x39_settings {
   class general {
       outputMessagesAsHint = true;                                                        //Output XMedSys messages as hint
       outputMessagesAsSystemMessage = false;                                                //Output XMedSys messages as systemChat message

enableOnAllMissions = false;                                                        //Force XMedSys to be enabled clientside (!WARNING! Cant be prevented by missions!)
   };
   class overlay {
       refreshRate = 1;                                                                    //Overlay refreshRate in seconds (can increase performance if set to higher values)
       transparency = 1;                                                                    //Manipulates overlay transparency (does not includes the total screen overlay! Only the icons)
       enableCamShake = true;                                                                //if enabled, your cam will shake when you have taken a hit

class bleeding{                                                                        //Options for the blood status pic. Usualy you can leave this like it is shipped
           bloodPic1 = 1;                                                                    //Needed blood for the first blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
           bloodPic2 = 0.8;                                                                //Needed blood for the second blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
           bloodPic3 = 0.6;                                                                //Needed blood for the third blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
           bloodPic4 = 0.4;                                                                //Needed blood for the fourth blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
           bloodPic5 = 0.2;                                                                //Needed blood for the fifth blood pic in % (max value 1 min value 0)
       };

AllowHealthView = true;                                                            //Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
       AllowBoodView = true;                                                                //Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
       AllowLegView = true;                                                                //Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
       AllowTourniquetView = true;                                                            //Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
       AllowMorphineView = true;                                                            //Local settings are only effective if the server is not forcing false!
   };
   class keys {
       class Key1 {
           Name = "Self interaction Menu";                                                    //Name of the key (currently no use)
           Description = "The menu for self diagnostic etc.";                                //Description of the key (currently no use)
           key = 211;                                                                        //Key code of the key you want to use
           press_ctrl = false;                                                                //if ctrl should be pressed with the key
           press_alt = false;                                                                //if alt should be pressed with the key
           press_shift = false;                                                            //if shift should be pressed with the key

useActionKey = true;                                                            //if true the upper part will be ignored and the ArmA 3 internal actionKey will be used
           actionKey = "User1";                                                            //ActionKey to use (you can find the default value at 'Custom controls')
       };
       class Key2 {
           Name = "Others interaction Menu";                                                //Name of the key (currently no use)
           Description = "The menu to create diagnostics of other people etc.";            //Description of the key (currently no use)
           key = 210;                                                                        //Key code of the key you want to use
           press_ctrl = false;                                                                //if ctrl should be pressed with the key
           press_alt = false;                                                                //if alt should be pressed with the key
           press_shift = false;                                                            //if shift should be pressed with the key

useActionKey = true;                                                            //if true the upper part will be ignored and the ArmA 3 internal actionKey will be used
           actionKey = "User2";                                                            //ActionKey to use (you can find the default value at 'Custom controls')
       };
   };
};

youre wrong

the limitations system (where the modules are part of) is to limit the functionallity for specific classes

it is possible to limit the functionallity that far with those (+ some variables) that things like medEvacs can be forced because the units are not further healable and the disadvantages are to big to be ignored

you always can get your running version with this variable:

X39_MedSys_var_VERSION

also it does not matters if you got a serverconfig or not (see http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig )

as im not sure whats your problem (not inside of that post) i cant help you here further : /

sry

http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=42

youre wrong

the limitations system (where the modules are part of) is to limit the functionallity for specific classes

it is possible to limit the functionallity that far with those (+ some variables) that things like medEvacs can be forced because the units are not further healable and the disadvantages are to big to be ignored

you always can get your running version with this variable:

X39_MedSys_var_VERSION

also it does not matters if you got a serverconfig or not (see http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig )

as im not sure whats your problem (not inside of that post) i cant help you here further : /

sry

Hi, sorry, you picked that post up right in the middle of a conversation, probably didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I was asking if anyone could show how to do exactly what you described. Set limitations properly, so only medic can use medi kits, blood bags. If a unit is too damaged they require medivac ect. I can't seem to figure it out. I'm pretty new to editing so having a rough time, I've found most of the information, I just am not sure how or where to put it.

Hi, sorry, you picked that post up right in the middle of a conversation, probably didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I was asking if anyone could show how to do exactly what you described. Set limitations properly, so only medic can use medi kits, blood bags. If a unit is too damaged they require medivac ect. I can't seem to figure it out. I'm pretty new to editing so having a rough time, I've found most of the information, I just am not sure how or where to put it.

I think this should be it... I havn't gotten around to testing it yet, but according to the documentation provided this should be it.

["Blood", "CLASS_MEDIC"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;

["MedKit", "CLASS_MEDIC"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;

["Epinephrine", "CLASS_MEDIC"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;

["Dephibrilate", "CLASS_MEDIC"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;

[] call X39_MedSys_fnc_pushLimitations;

Does anyone know if there is a way to use an AI as a Aid center? So that I can have medevac set up, and have an AI doctor setup in base they can get close to.

Would "_this setdamage 0;" Work with the mod?

Edited by TG Stuffed

I think it would be beneficial if there was a small text popup that informs you when somebody does anything medical to you. It would discourage stealth CAT applications.

A great thing you could do is to not use compileFinal, that way you can mod the mod, from the mission. Replace functions so if you want a simple heal everything bandage, you could just replace the bandage function.

A great thing you could do is to not use compileFinal, that way you can mod the mod, from the mission. Replace functions so if you want a simple heal everything bandage, you could just replace the bandage function.

The mod is created using the CfgFunctions class

Also compileFinal is a good practise anyway

For further modding the events of XLib are intendend (when you need more, create tickets)