sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

well that didnt work... *pokes finger in ear and shakes head

read the last post by x39 man.

Earplugs...? EARPLUGS? EARPLUUUGS!!! Woohoooo! :D

Forget about ACE, X39 with XMedSys is going to rule Arma3 :P Keep going like this and get some dudes to help you with this mod! I would, but i totally fail at scripting. But if you need some custom audio files for the mod, i`m your man...

One little suggestion... Is it possible to add a counter to the respawn button like "Respawn avaliable in X-sec"?

Earplugs...? EARPLUGS? EARPLUUUGS!!! Woohoooo! :D

Forget about ACE, X39 with XMedSys is going to rule Arma3 :P Keep going like this and get some dudes to help you with this mod! I would, but i totally fail at scripting. But if you need some custom audio files for the mod, i`m your man...

One little suggestion... Is it possible to add a counter to the respawn button like "Respawn avaliable in X-sec"?

should be possible

but im planning to close the developement of XMedSys 1 soon so that i can start rewriting the entire code (~3 weeks)

rewriting the code like XMedSys2, a optimized version of the actual XMedSys?

rewriting the code like XMedSys2, a optimized version of the actual XMedSys?

actually more

already wrote many pages back

through the complete rewrite, the entire code will be more flexible and (the most important thing) interesting features like timed effects (instead of letting morphine effects being instant (for example) they can be timed; Same for everything) will then be possible and many other things will get more clean and more easy to upgrade

but the biggest benefit will be at the end that it will (hopefully) be more accesable for other modders (without them dePBOing the entire mod 1000 times)

X39 - we got it up and running great again on the dedicated. Thanks for your patience in helping me to get it sorted (and to the other posters who pointed the way ) Good job!

For V2 Will you create this as a new mod ?

My thinking behind why that would be a good idea is to allow simple use of your excellent system (i.e. it's tested, robust and relatively simple now to get going-ish) and then allow us to test the new version in a sandbox environment without risking the current Simple V1 version?

Sj

ok, i`ve almost no idea what you are talking about, but i guess for those who will work deeper with the mod this sounds awsome :D I'm curious about what it will look like in a mission. I`m going to stay tuned!

X39 - we got it up and running great again on the dedicated. Thanks for your patience in helping me to get it sorted (and to the other posters who pointed the way ) Good job!

For V2 Will you create this as a new mod ?

My thinking behind why that would be a good idea is to allow simple use of your excellent system (i.e. it's tested, robust and relatively simple now to get going-ish) and then allow us to test the new version in a sandbox environment without risking the current Simple V1 version?

Sj

XMedSys v2 will come into a seperated thread and developed independent from XMedSys 1 (its just that XMedSys 1 developing will be focused on fixing instead of rly developing then)

Release 0.3.3 BETA

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mca75eoc8xhd9ya/XMedSys_BETA_0.3.3.zip

Changelog:

0.3.3 BETA* fixed: setting X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable to true DISABLES the limitation system instead of enabling it
* fixed: X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse script issue at line 144 <es = (([_medicalOption, typeOf _object] call _fnc_scriptName)); breakTo format[">
* fixed: XMedSys items are not showing up in ZEUS [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=38 ]
* fixed: X39_MedSys_var_allowSpeedLimitations is not defined
* fixed: playearringingsound of userconfig is not working
* should be fixed: Carry animation is not always correct as the locallity is not right [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=36 ]
* reorganized ActionMenu ("after death/knockOut" options are now in a single menu)
* You now can stabilize units instead of performing a CPR (takes 20 seconds!) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=21 ]
* new variables:
   - X39_MedSys_var_KillUnitWhenMaxDamageReached                            (false)            //When a units damage value reaches X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage then the unit will be killed when this is true (instant kill! Not fakeKill of XMedSys!)

Edited by X39

Could someone explain to a dummy what I need to do in editor, serversettings... to get it working with 0.3.3 on dedicated server?

Using the latest version is anyone else seeing blur around the edges of your screen?

There also seems to be a few problems such as an error appearing when you give morphine to someone and currently your unable to move when dragging someone.

Edited by R4IDER

Using the latest version is anyone else seeing blur around the edges of your screen?

Do you happen to use the Super_Flashbang mod? This is a known issue due to conflict of PPEffect priority.

Thank you very much for informing us about the updated release mate :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

XMedSys v0.3.3 Beta

required_addons.png

XActionUI (included)

XLib (included)

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Do you happen to use the Super_Flashbang mod? This is a known issue due to conflict of PPEffect priority.

No we're not using that mod I have only really noticed the blur since updating to BETA 0.3.3.

Check your RPT file and see if has anything about PPEffect failed to be created or similar.

Really love this mod but since 0.3.1 wtf has been going on?

0.3.2 - This feature where you get a loud ringing in your ears unless you have ear plugs? Ok yeah my player has gone deaf but i don't want the mod to make me deaf too while making the game completely unplayable because i have a ridiculous ringing in my ears. Should this feature not be defaulted to off rather than having to change the script for every game?

0.3.3 - I can't bandage myself now? I can't add bloodbags? I can't use morphine? ... What the f is going on. This otherwise excellent mod, which in my opinion only needed minor refinement after 0.3.1 is stuffed. Am i missing something or...?

Yeah i know i'm whiner!

0.3.2 - This feature where you get a loud ringing in your ears unless you have ear plugs? Ok yeah my player has gone deaf but i don't want the mod to make me deaf too while making the game completely unplayable because i have a ridiculous ringing in my ears. Should this feature not be defaulted to off rather than having to change the script for every game?

0.3.3 - I can't bandage myself now? I can't add bloodbags? I can't use morphine? ... What the f is going on. This otherwise excellent mod, which in my opinion only needed minor refinement after 0.3.1 is stuffed. Am i missing something or...?

Yeah i know i'm whiner!

Yeah we're also have a few issues with 0.3.3 but I find that it works in multiplayer -with errors- but not in the editor.

No we're not using that mod I have only really noticed the blur since updating to BETA 0.3.3.

validate your setup

using the default modset (only XMedSys + requirements) there is no blur effect

to disable the blur effect you need to modify

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur

Yeah i know i'm whiner!

read the changelog + the last few pages

many explainations for the behaviour

why the deafness is enabled by default?

because usually you need to enable EVERYTHING or no one will ever discover it exists

also check the wiki

thats why it is there

many important variables already got a page so go for it and search your problems there

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys

to disable deafness:

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_enable

to disable the sound only

check the god damned changelog + userconfig

thats why i fucking write comments everywhere!

We have tried both in editor and multiplayer, when you open the menu to heal yourself it only gives you the option for ear plugs, check self and medkits. What are you seeing?

We have tried both in editor and multiplayer, when you open the menu to heal yourself it only gives you the option for ear plugs, check self and medkits. What are you seeing?

[b][color="#FF0000"]0.3.3 BETA* fixed: setting X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable to true DISABLES the limitation system instead of enabling it
* fixed: X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse script issue at line 144 <es = (([_medicalOption, typeOf _object] call _fnc_scriptName)); breakTo format[">
* fixed: XMedSys items are not showing up in ZEUS [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=38 ]
* fixed: X39_MedSys_var_allowSpeedLimitations is not defined
* fixed: playearringingsound of userconfig is not working
* should be fixed: Carry animation is not always correct as the locallity is not right [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=36 ]
* reorganized ActionMenu ("after death/knockOut" options are now in a single menu)
* You now can stabilize units instead of performing a CPR (takes 20 seconds!) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=21 ]
* new variables:
   - X39_MedSys_var_KillUnitWhenMaxDamageReached                            (false)            //When a units damage value reaches X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage then the unit will be killed when this is true (instant kill! Not fakeKill of XMedSys!)[/color][/b]

X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable variable has been fixed

so make sure the enable limitations module is not placed on your mission and the variable is not set to true unless your mission uses the limitation system (then there is something wrong with your setup)

validate your setup

using the default modset (only XMedSys + requirements) there is no blur effect

to disable the blur effect you need to modify

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur

read the changelog + the last few pages

many explainations for the behaviour

why the deafness is enabled by default?

because usually you need to enable EVERYTHING or no one will ever discover it exists

also check the wiki

thats why it is there

many important variables already got a page so go for it and search your problems there

http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys

to disable deafness:

X39_MedSys_var_Hearing_enable

to disable the sound only

check the god damned changelog + userconfig

thats why i fucking write comments everywhere!

Thanks for the reply.

I had read the changelog, it just didnt really understand what changes would prevent a player from being able to bandage themselves. Also i immediately adjusted my script yesterday when i started getting a ringing in game (it's just a pain to do that for every mission).

I think the issue was that i had a bunch of games developed with all 3 xmed modules down. Up until 0.3.3 the module "X39_MedSys_fnc_module_EnableLimitationSystem" did not stop the player from being able to apply their own bandages etc. Now that I have deleted it i have full access to healing myself.

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Oh you beat me to it.

Thanks for you help! :)

I am not seeing the options to heal other people after I check them. All I get is Drag, Carry, And revival measures...

Any advice

lmao, that's like the 10th person to ask that. I think X39 is going to explode

- X39_MedSys_var_KillUnitWhenMaxDamageReached (false) //When a units damage value reaches X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage then the unit will be killed when this is true (instant kill! Not fakeKill of XMedSys!)

makes me very, very happy. thank you