Getting a script error when using any medical item:

Error in expression <ypename _value;
_typeDefault = typename _default;

if !({_type == typename _x} c>
 Error position: <_default;

if !({_type == typename _x} c>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _default
File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_param.sqf, line 73

Hi installed the XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3 placed the module in my map and placed the ammo box with the supplied but only can check self and not other players is it because i dont have a other human player with me or must i script something ?

plz help loved this stuff in Ace :)

Hi installed the XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3 placed the module in my map and placed the ammo box with the supplied but only can check self and not other players is it because i dont have a other human player with me or must i script something ?

plz help loved this stuff in Ace :)

Please check the demo mission

AI needs to be initiated seperated ( demo also makes it wrong as you always should make sure that only the server initiates AI units and its not possible for players as that can lead into desync and unexpected behaviour)

Ohh and just because a community asked me for help:

NEVER EVER initiate units inside of the init file or call for rach unit initializeUnit seperatly while JIP is i progress!

This will lead into unecpected behaviour and desync!

Always use the module/initMod function for player initialization and make sure its executed on all clients a single time ( simply place the module or place the initMod function into a gamelogic/ the init.sqf file)

kindly regards

X39

Release: 0.3.0 beta

Download:

Changelog:

0.3.0 BETA
* changed module category to seperated one
* added new modules for limitation system (currently just eyecandy ... not working at all (no idea how to get the synced units))
* fixed: While performing CPR you are able to sill do other actions on the wounded soldier. [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=13 ]
* fixed: overlay is only shown in first mission played/edited
* fixed: "String STR_X39_MedSys__Items_BackPacks_Defibrillator not found" error message
* fixed: MedicalMenu can be opened inside of a vehicle
* removed pain effect limitation at 0.1 (no magic disappear of the entire effect)
* X39_MedSys_fnc_runCamShakeThread is now guaranteed local!
* corrected many header comments
* removed obsolete function X39_MedSys_fnc_fadeToBlack (not in use since ALPHA 0.idk ^^)
* as XActionUI finally got its initial release! Its now seperated from XMedSys (added XActionUI as requirement)
* removed old clunky UI from vehicle interaction and now also using here XActionUI
* renamed functions:
- X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass						-->	X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation
- X39_MedSys_fnc_dropLimitationFromClass					-->	X39_MedSys_fnc_dropLimitation
* removed functions:
- X39_MedSys_fnc_isMoveProneMove
* added functions:
- X39_MedSys_fnc_resetEffects
- X39_MedSys_fnc_isUnitInProneStance
- X39_MedSys_fnc_isValidLimitation
- X39_MedSys_fnc_registerLimitation
* added GERMAN language to scripting stringtable (thx to kampfverband-13)
* added HUNGARIAN language to scripting stringtable (thx to www.arma3.hu)
* renamed variables:
- X39_MedSys_Keys													--> X39_MedSys_var_Keys
- X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_Transparency							--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_Transparency
- X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_RefreshRate							--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_RefreshRate
- X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_Blood_PictureValues					--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_Blood_PictureValues
- X39_MedSys_Settings_EnableCamShake								--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_EnableCamShake
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowHealthView						--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowHealthView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowBoodView							--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowBoodView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowLegView							--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowLegView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowTourniquetView					--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowTourniquetView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowMorphineView						--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowMorphineView
- X39_MedSys_MedicalMenu_PutUnitIntoVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder	--> X39_MedSys_var_MedicalMenu_PutUnitIntoVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder
- X39_MedSys_Display_BlackOut_Open									--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_BlackOut_Open
* Removed variables:
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Bandage
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Blood
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Dephibrilate
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Epinephrine
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Morphine
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_MedKit
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Tourniquet
* new variables:
- X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_showRespawnButton								(true)			//Enable/Disable the respawn button (if false it is hidden!) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=15 ]
- X39_MedSys_var_MedicalMenu_PullUnitFromVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder	(objNull)		//Internal variable
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations											(default: [])	//Internal variable
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_MaxHeal									(default: 0.3)
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowHealingLegsInField					(default: true)
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowBloodTransfusionInField				(default: true)
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable										(default: false)
* added modules:
- X39_MedSys_Module_EnableLimitationsSystemModule	-	Enables the limitation system
- X39_MedSys_Module_AddLimitationModule				-	Adds given limitation to synched objects

Known Issues:

• At startup there are two different script errors which popup (dont worry, the mod is still working)
  • behaviour of limitation reimplementation is not having any effect (its just not fully implemented)

Release notes:

Please do not initiate the units (putting something like "this X39_MedSys_fnc_InitializeUnit" into ALL inits line of playable units)!

use the module or a gamelogic with "[] call X39_MedSys_fnc_initMod" and ONLY initialize the AI (not in the init handler like in the example mission as its not 100% sure that only the server executes the init)

Also i want your feedback inside of the feedback tracker/forums

if you decide to use the mod, why?

if you dont want to use the mod, why?

any ideas for improovements?

kindly regards

X39

I remember that I put something about the bloodloss values and messages on the tracker once, but looking through the variable I thought I'd add this.

Default starting blood is 6000, blood loss for a knockout is 1200. Blood level was still showing as ok around 60%, but you're gonna get knocked out if your blood level is under 80%. So this was very badly communication to the players. They'd think the patient was doing ok when he was actually too low on blood to be functioning.

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Got this error on the included test mission.

http://i.imgur.com/EAAKNDV.png

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

This pops up before it and looks like the source.

http://i.imgur.com/iIPFXQD.png

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Is the test mission any good? Carrying animations are behaving very oddly and I can't remove units I've put into vehicles.

update v0.3-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@xmedsys.png

@ X39;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I just realized you have the option to give epi to yourself. How does this make sense?

I'm sorry but is this MP only?. Because i have tried with several user-made SP missions and didn't work. Is there any button to use this?.

Userkey 1 and 2 won't work anymore since the today update via withSIX...

Other thing is, when i die from bloodloss, the amout of blood drops below zero to -1% and i keep dieing after respawn...

Edited by audiocustoms

even after adding XActionUI to our server (and our mods) I cannot interact with myself or others. Seems totally pooched!

Yep broken here too - have rolled back using PWS

X39 could please repeat what you have changed so us Admins can change what needs to be changed on Dedicated servers ?

Not coming through clearly for me here.

Sj

Edited by serjames

I remember that I put something about the bloodloss values and messages on the tracker once, but looking through the variable I thought I'd add this.

Default starting blood is 6000, blood loss for a knockout is 1200. Blood level was still showing as ok around 60%, but you're gonna get knocked out if your blood level is under 80%. So this was very badly communication to the players. They'd think the patient was doing ok when he was actually too low on blood to be functioning.

Old feedback trackers tickets are lost as we had a hardware problem : /

also i already changed the messages a little (or more ... i added another one)

so that the result was the following:

_bloodLeft < X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartingBlood * 0.2 = STR_X39_MedSys__msg_bloodLeft_msg1

_bloodLeft < X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartingBlood * 0.4 = STR_X39_MedSys__msg_bloodLeft_msg2

_bloodLeft < X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartingBlood * 0.6 = STR_X39_MedSys__msg_bloodLeft_msg3

_bloodLeft < X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartingBlood * 0.8 = STR_X39_MedSys__msg_bloodLeft_msg4

Got this error on the included test mission.

http://i.imgur.com/EAAKNDV.png

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

This pops up before it and looks like the source.

http://i.imgur.com/iIPFXQD.png

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Is the test mission any good? Carrying animations are behaving very oddly and I can't remove units I've put into vehicles.

for the script errors

check the known issues ^^

Known Issues:

• At startup there are two different script errors which popup (dont worry, the mod is still working)
  • behaviour of limitation reimplementation is not having any effect (its just not fully implemented)

carry animations part ... yeah ... i know

just had no time to propper animate them (also i asked some people and they considered this as a "low prio" task as its just eyecandy and there are different spots of the mod which still require more focus)

for the vehicle put/remove:

cant reproduce what you describe there

works fine for me

I just realized you have the option to give epi to yourself. How does this make sense?

he he

no

not in current implementation

it was planned to give epi another use but ...

never got to that (and totally forgot about it after the old feedback tracker got lost)

I'm sorry but is this MP only?. Because i have tried with several user-made SP missions and didn't work. Is there any button to use this?.

check the userconfig

but there is no way to auto add the medical items to your SP mission so ...

pretty useless in SP ^^

Userkey 1 and 2 won't work anymore since the today update via withSIX...

Other thing is, when i die from bloodloss, the amout of blood drops below zero to -1% and i keep dieing after respawn...

check your userconfig file please

its not mandatory that userkey 1 & 2 are used! (you can change it inside of the userconfig and depending on from where you got the userconfig file it can be different! only the REAL official mirror on mediafire i always share is guaranted to have the correct default userconfig file!)

for the respawn issue

please raise a ticket if youre NOT using ALiVE (there is a issue on the player profile module of ALiVE which keeps synching the blood value at respawn somehow so that the mod cant do its job propper : / sadly i got no feedback of the ALiVE team on this)

even after adding XActionUI to our server (and our mods) I cannot interact with myself or others. Seems totally pooched!

check if you placed module inside of your mission

also

the serverside addons have nothing to do with client initialization!

in theory its not even required to add the addons to the server until you want to use the module

Yep broken here too - have rolled back using PWS

X39 could please repeat what you have changed so us Admins can change what needs to be changed on Dedicated servers ?

Not coming through clearly for me here.

Sj

just get the entire mod from the mediafire mirror and up it to your servers/clients (most safe variant as i try them out before pushing them)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uv53l9xyji2k2h5/XMedSys_0.3.0_BETA.zip

if that is not working you did something wrong in your setup!

Edited by X39

gnargh

just mentioned stupid me had not updated the changelog yesterday ...

corrected changelog:

((GREEN = added, RED = removed))

* changed module category to seperated one* added new modules for limitation system[s][color=#ff0000] (currently just eyecandy ... not working at all (no idea how to get the synced units))[/color][/s]
* fixed: While performing CPR you are able to sill do other actions on the wounded soldier. [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=13 ]
* fixed: overlay is only shown in first mission played/edited
* fixed: "String STR_X39_MedSys__Items_BackPacks_Defibrillator not found" error message
* fixed: MedicalMenu can be opened inside of a vehicle
* removed pain effect limitation at 0.1 (no magic disappear of the entire effect)
* X39_MedSys_fnc_runCamShakeThread is now guaranteed local!
* corrected many header comments
* removed obsolete function X39_MedSys_fnc_fadeToBlack (not in use since ALPHA 0.idk ^^)
* as XActionUI finally got its initial release! Its now seperated from XMedSys (added XActionUI as requirement)
* removed old clunky UI from vehicle interaction and now also using here XActionUI
* renamed functions:
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass                        -->    X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_dropLimitationFromClass                    -->    X39_MedSys_fnc_dropLimitation
* removed functions:
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_isMoveProneMove
* added functions:
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_isUnitInProneStance
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_isValidLimitation
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_registerLimitation
[color=#008000]    - X39_MedSys_fnc_module_BaseModule
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_module_AddLimitation
   - X39_MedSys_fnc_module_EnableLimitationSystem[/color]
* added GERMAN language to scripting stringtable (thx to kampfverband-13)
* added HUNGARIAN language to scripting stringtable (thx to www.arma3.hu)
* renamed variables:
   - X39_MedSys_Keys                                                    --> X39_MedSys_var_Keys
   - X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_Transparency                            --> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_Transparency
   - X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_RefreshRate                            --> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_RefreshRate
   - X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_Blood_PictureValues                    --> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_Blood_PictureValues
   - X39_MedSys_Settings_EnableCamShake                                --> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_EnableCamShake
   - X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowHealthView                        --> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowHealthView
   - X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowBoodView                            --> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowBoodView
   - X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowLegView                            --> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowLegView
   - X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowTourniquetView                    --> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowTourniquetView
   - X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowMorphineView                        --> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowMorphineView
   - X39_MedSys_MedicalMenu_PutUnitIntoVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder    --> X39_MedSys_var_MedicalMenu_PutUnitIntoVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder
   - X39_MedSys_Display_BlackOut_Open                                    --> X39_MedSys_var_Display_BlackOut_Open
* Removed variables:
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Bandage
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Blood
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Dephibrilate
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Epinephrine
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Morphine
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_MedKit
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Tourniquet
* new variables:
   - X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_showRespawnButton                                (true)            //Enable/Disable the respawn button (if false it is hidden!) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=15 ]
   - X39_MedSys_var_MedicalMenu_PullUnitFromVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder    (objNull)        //Internal variable
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations                                            (default: [])    //Internal variable
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_MaxHeal                                    (default: 0.3)
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowHealingLegsInField                    (default: true)
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowBloodTransfusionInField                (default: true)
   - X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_enable                                        (default: false)
* added modules:
   - X39_MedSys_Module_EnableLimitationsSystemModule    -    Enables the limitation system
   - X39_MedSys_Module_AddLimitationModule                -    Adds given limitation to synched objects

Also updated the wiki + added more wiki pages for the functions (yes i know ... there are still missing A LOT! but ... ever tried to fill just a single page? ^^ takes about 15 minutes for a function page (where everything is mostly written))

also i still have no idea when the forum adds a double post to the old post ...

gnargh -.-* sry for the double post so (just wanted this stupid "edited at babababa" part inside without manually creating it ...)

Are there any issues with using XMedSys with MCC? I really enjoy the mod, but we are having issues with it in MCC. We have not been able to get the revive to work correctly, and when someone dies, most of the time the respawn button is unavailable and they have no option but exit the game. This would not be a huge issue if we could get revives to work, but we are not able to. Do you have any suggestions?

Dsync fix plzz?

Edited by DrWub

Hey just wondering if this is an isolated incident on our side or not. We had a larger op 30+ players, one of our teams got hit by IDF and lets say 8+ guys died and there's massive dsync. This has happened in a few missions when ever we have a mass casualty event with xmed on we get lots of dsync, and it seems to last 5+ minutes till things catch back up?

Just curious if any teams have experienced issues like this before, maybe we screwed something up in our setup? thanks for you time. This is using the version of xmed before the one that was just released. Any info would be greatly appreciated we love xmed, and hope to continue using it.

It seems to me that when I made the update yesterday, PlayWithSix did'nt add XactionUI. Today I have forced the update and it works fine.

Hey just wondering if this is an isolated incident on our side or not. We had a larger op 30+ players, one of our teams got hit by IDF and lets say 8+ guys died and there's massive dsync. This has happened in a few missions when ever we have a mass casualty event with xmed on we get lots of dsync, and it seems to last 5+ minutes till things catch back up?

Just curious if any teams have experienced issues like this before, maybe we screwed something up in our setup? thanks for you time. This is using the version of xmed before the one that was just released. Any info would be greatly appreciated we love xmed, and hope to continue using it.

Please provide mission file so that im able to check your setup

( its more or less known that some things of the mod can cause a desync as many updates are driven

But im pretty sure that 2 variables changing in about 0 .25 rytm wont have a that large impact)

Isn't that two variables per player? And isn't it every tick, i.e. faster than 0.25s? If a squad does down that 16 variables updated every tick or 0.25s?

Also is it possible to have players die if they take too much damage right away, as in if they're directly hit by a GBU, they can't be revived?

Downloaded the new mod and me and 5 others played a game yesterday evening to test it out. That game turned into another and next thing I knew it was 4 in the morning. xMed brings so much more to this game! Thank you for all the work :) It didn't hiccup once ran perfectly :)

Thanks for the response, I will try to track down one of our mission guys to get ahold of their mission. We run some other mods and ect so it is entirely possible that one of them are causing a conflict of sorts. For instance the most recent mission with the mass death/dsync issue we ran ALiVE, the time before that was stock (not alive/mcc).

We've only recently started including xMed into our premade missions, they've just been putting the module down and leaving everything default, and it has been working great up until a point where one of our squads gets caught by an artillery round or some kinda mass casualty event occurs, I was curious whether maybe any other teams have encountered this before?

We tryed XmesSys and really enjoyed it :) But we think there is an ussue.Everytime someone gets shot we can wait for around 5 seconds and then he died... Everytime its the same thing is this a bug or its because the unit is too damaged ? As a Medic in my squad I only have time to get to the patient examine him and then he died..... Feature or bug ? Thanks....