sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

I'm digging this mod, though I have a question. Is there any way at all to force it on the player in single player content without setting it all up in the editor? I believe some basic functions are introduced, but none of the healing items are. Are there any plans to force and override BIS' system? I think by enabling it and using BIS' system, it totally prevents any form of healing unless you're using XMedSys items.

Either that or a grenade explosion really is deadly! :P

Hey X39,

Sorry to bug you with this again, but I can't for the life of me get this to work.

I can't remove the pain effect from the spectator camera (after respawning to spectator).

[player, 0] call X39_MedSys_fnc_setUnitPain;

Works fine on a living unit, but not on the spectator camera (while in spectator, I've checked and player getVariable ["X39_MedSys_Pain",0 ]; equals 0).

I can't see a way of calling XMedSys functions on the Spectator Camera itself, and I can't see where the functions I can directly manipulate the pain effects.

I've tried messing with these functions too, but got nowhere.

X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayCreateDisplay
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayHideAll
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayInitOverlay 
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayOverlayThread 
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayUnloadOverlay

Thanks again.

the function which changes the screen effects is runned only when the player is still alive to prevent unexpected behaviour

so you need (as there is currently no function for this) to override the effects manually (maybe i will add a function for this in the next version)

the PostProcessing effect handles are located inside of theese variables:

X39_MedSys_var_ppEffects_ColorCorrectionsX39_MedSys_var_ppEffects_Blur
X39_MedSys_var_ppEffects_ColorInversion
X39_MedSys_var_ppEffects_ChromAberration

to get in knowledge what you need to set them to

check out the code of the function

X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_painHandler

hope this is enough ^^

if you got problems

pls add me in steam (as it would blow the scope of this thread)

I'm digging this mod, though I have a question. Is there any way at all to force it on the player in single player content without setting it all up in the editor? I believe some basic functions are introduced, but none of the healing items are. Are there any plans to force and override BIS' system? I think by enabling it and using BIS' system, it totally prevents any form of healing unless you're using XMedSys items.

Either that or a grenade explosion really is deadly! :P

you can edit the config to enable it

but youre right

there will be no items then

you can edit the config to enable it

but youre right

there will be no items then

Indeed, this is why I was asking is if there was a way to force the player to have a few healing items if the mod is forced. 1 Morphine, 1 Healing bandage, and 1 Tourniquet is what many units defaulted to with my experience with ACE. It's a very simple and loose solution instead of editing missions to get a rough effect of it in play.

Indeed, this is why I was asking is if there was a way to force the player to have a few healing items if the mod is forced. 1 Morphine, 1 Healing bandage, and 1 Tourniquet is what many units defaulted to with my experience with ACE. It's a very simple and loose solution instead of editing missions to get a rough effect of it in play.

problem with this is the possible "cheating" + how to get the items into the game AFTER all mission scripts changed the players inventory ^^

many things to take care about which is pretty insane if you think about

the cheating part covers the MP

when you enable the option just to get the items at the beginning of a PvP trip for example

wont be a good solution right?

Edited by X39

problem with this is the possible "cheating" + how to get the items into the game AFTER all mission scripts changed the players inventory ^^

many things to take care about which is pretty insane if you think about

the cheating part covers the MP

when you enable the option just to get the items at the beginning of a PvP trip for example

wont be a good solution right?

I hear you. I was asking more on the SP front. I can clearly imagine the campaign being far more intense with more realistic damage systems, which is why I want to use it! :P

I didn't take into account how it would be used in MP. My apologies.

Hi X39,

Just to add a me too to the spectator pain effect issue, it would definitely be appreciated if there can be a solution for this.

Cheers

C.

Hey

As I really love this mod I have been messing around trying to work out a fix or anything that could be related to my problem of seeing other players effects and I noticed this. It works perfectly the first game I play. After that it stops working properly and i get these problems that I was talking about. in the video notice how the first time I start the game the icons on the right are there and then instantly after when I restart they are gone with no changes to the mission. This is the same with the bugs on a dedi server. First game everything works fine and after that there are problems until i restart the game. Any ideas?

Thanks again! :) Ed

Hey

As I really love this mod I have been messing around trying to work out a fix or anything that could be related to my problem of seeing other players effects and I noticed this. It works perfectly the first game I play. After that it stops working properly and i get these problems that I was talking about. in the video notice how the first time I start the game the icons on the right are there and then instantly after when I restart they are gone with no changes to the mission. This is the same with the bugs on a dedi server. First game everything works fine and after that there are problems until i restart the game. Any ideas?

Thanks again! :) Ed

just a small note ^^

he means a different thing :F

strange issue which is ArmA related:

the rsc display gets propper callen with its onLoad code (config) when the mission starts but

onLoad = "_this call X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayInitOverlay";
onUnload = "_this call MedSysOverlayUnloadOverlay";

stopping it in editor (not tested normal mission) it seems like the code is NOT callen anymore

this is a big problem as the overlay is checking for a variable which is set in the uiNamespace ...

if its already set it will prevent the creation to prevent unexpected behaviour

seems like i need to switch it to missionNamespace till thats fixen on ArmA side

so

fixed in next update

GNARGH -.-* forgot that missionNamespace is not supporting serialization ...

known that there was a reason for using the missionNamespace -.-*

need to find a workaround

but please report issues ALWAYS to the feedback tracker

its more easy for me to manage them there

Edited by X39

I've come across a annoying problem. It seems that most of the times that we stop a bleeding on a player, the second after the player dies. Don't know whats causing this.

Also I was thinking if anybody is running a good setup for Xmedsys, they wanted to share?

Lastly, does anyone have a good fix related to respawning with same gear, as when you died, using this mod?

Where abouts do I need to put that script to fix this problem? Note that it is not just the icons that go funny on the second load. This video was in a dedicated server with one friend (having already played one game since restart the icons are not there). I shot him once and notice I as well am experiencing the shaking effects from being shot even though I have not sustained any injury's. Could it be how I have the mod set up? I have both @ folders in my main arma 3 directory but I have the mods turned on from the extensions option in game not via the steam launch options. Could that be a problem?

I

Also I was thinking if anybody is running a good setup for Xmedsys, they wanted to share?

Lastly, does anyone have a good fix related to respawning with same gear, as when you died, using this mod?

Don't know about respawning. I tried a script that logged what the player had on every two seconds and the set it when you respawned but with Xmed on it caused an odd freeze/jerk as it did the saving. In the end I settled for a quick-load VAS-related script which also helps people for whom VAS takes a long time to load.

As for setups, a few pages back were some ini settings that modified the death/respawn timer, healed damage amount, etc, and we have found it to be perfect.

Note, we also run with TPWCAS AI suppression system to reduce the incoming rounds substantially - which is important when one bad shot can take you down hard. Also, suppression gives MGs a purpose in A3! Note, I set bullet suppression to 3 from the default 7.

Edited by TinyPirate

I've come across a annoying problem. It seems that most of the times that we stop a bleeding on a player, the second after the player dies. Don't know whats causing this.

for the bleeding part:

dont forget to give him blood again

"fix respawning gear" part:

you never spawn with the gear you had before in ArmA (per default! mods like VAS will change that)

Where abouts do I need to put that script to fix this problem? Note that it is not just the icons that go funny on the second load. This video was in a dedicated server with one friend (having already played one game since restart the icons are not there). I shot him once and notice I as well am experiencing the shaking effects from being shot even though I have not sustained any injury's. Could it be how I have the mod set up? I have both @ folders in my main arma 3 directory but I have the mods turned on from the extensions option in game not via the steam launch options. Could that be a problem?

sorry for the need of repeating myself but

PLEASE

report bugs to the feedback tracker

registering is free and just required for additional communication when you report tickets and i need more info for example (also you will be kept up to date just like with the ArmA 3 feedback tracker)

http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de

Hey mate brilliant mod loving it totally. However i have had a weird issue i hope u can help with. I have made a pvp mission where opfor and blufor have lots of respawns and 4 blufor guys have in essence none. They respawn locked out as it were and get to spectate using splendid cam. Now the problem is when blufor respawn they instantly die again and it just keeps going on and on. If Opfor respawn they are fine. If you want i can pm u and get a coppy of the mission to you or if you want the RPT logs i can do that.

Any way i realize u are probably real busy so if you can help thanks and if not just keep making awesome mods :P

X39 Could you do us, mainly me a favor?

I'm creating a sektion on our units manual, descriping First Aid basics.

We're using your mod, and equipment, so it could be cool if you would describe the basic functions and in what order your items are used? Just very short and simple?

KLV

X39 Could you do us, mainly me a favor?

I'm creating a sektion on our units manual, descriping First Aid basics.

We're using your mod, and equipment, so it could be cool if you would describe the basic functions and in what order your items are used? Just very short and simple?

KLV

there is no order in what the items shall be used

you need to use them depending on what output you get

basicly:

target is bleeding?

Bandage, Tourniquet

targets blood is low?

Bloodpack

target has pain?

morphine

target is not at 100% health?

medikit

target is JUST knocked out?

epinephrine

target is DEAD?

defibrillator

should have covered all current items

ands basicly

thats it

basicly:

target is bleeding?

Bandage, Tourniquet

targets blood is low?

Bloodpack

target has pain?

morphine

medikit

epinephrine

target is DEAD?

defibrillator

ands basicly

thats it

Thx Mate. I'm guessing its prefered to use the Tourniquet as a first option? Does it stop the bleeding/bloodloss?

Thx Mate. I'm guessing its prefered to use the Tourniquet as a first option? Does it stop the bleeding/bloodloss?

it does

100%

problem is

that you will slowly take damage and in theory youre still bleeding (at some point in dev. i will add that your leg will be "perma broken" because the muscles etc. have not got enough blood anymore)

so

best way to do is (if unit is not only hit by a single bullet or something like that):

tourniquet --> bandage him to 100% --> remove tourniquet

basicly:

target is bleeding?

Bandage, Tourniquet

targets blood is low?

Bloodpack

target has pain?

morphine

medikit

epinephrine

target is DEAD?

defibrillator

ands basicly

thats it

So, your system is purely game based and not really on reality? Did you not mean for it to be reality based? It's ok if you didn't, I was just under the impression that your goal was to make it such. Can units "full heal" out in the field? Can just anyone administer blood IVs out in the field?

In my 12 years of experience as a medic, I've never administered Epinephrine to someone that was "knocked out." I guess that's a carry-over from ACE and PR in BF2?

Anyways, read your post on reddit.com about blowing CMS away :)

Good luck with the work.

So, your system is purely game based and not really on reality? Did you not mean for it to be reality based? It's ok if you didn't, I was just under the impression that your goal was to make it such. Can units "full heal" out in the field? Can just anyone administer blood IVs out in the field?

In my 12 years of experience as a medic, I've never administered Epinephrine to someone that was "knocked out." I guess that's a carry-over from ACE and PR in BF2?

Anyways, read your post on reddit.com about blowing CMS away :)

Good luck with the work.

well

short review for you (and those who read) on the roadmap for XMedSys :F

XMedSys: ACE wounds remake with a few features i was missing

XMedSys 2 (development starts when XMedSys 1 is finished): modular medic system base designed as API for other modifications (featuring all needs basic medical system requires but without any items to treat etc. ^^ and ... well maybe you already saw that i started to push out many limitations in XMedSys (see signature) which are nothing else but development fragments of XMedSys) (XMedSys REAL which will be my implementation of a realistic medical system + XMedSys ARC which will be the ... yeah updated XMedSys 1 variant :F)

so

yeah

next year (Q3 2014 - Q1 2015)

me and CMS will have a nice fight :F

me and CMS will have a nice fight :F

mike_tyson.jpg

Question: is it possible to configure at what range burning vehicles will injure you - 25-30 metres seems a little excessive to say the least and is mighty frustrating.

Cheers for any pointers as to how to fix this to 2-3 metres max ?

Thanks

SJ

Question: is it possible to configure at what range burning vehicles will injure you - 25-30 metres seems a little excessive to say the least and is mighty frustrating.

Cheers for any pointers as to how to fix this to 2-3 metres max ?

Thanks

SJ

already said

ArmA related

as im just using the HandleDamage event handler (which is broken but the only one which IS working in the way i need) there are some parts which are not working like we all want them to

fire is one of those things

Ah, ok thanks X39. Actually I did read something on the dev blog about fire damage model I think.. interesting. Oh well our colleagues will need to suffer their fiery fate until we can get close enough to heal them

SJ

Hey guys

short update for all of you!

XMedSys BETA 0.3.0 will hopefully come next week (depends on what this weekends progress will be :F)

and (just to let you being a part of the developing)

here is the current changelog:

0.3.0 BETA* fixed: While performing CPR you are able to sill do other actions on the wounded soldier. [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=13 ]
* fixed: overlay is only shown in first mission played/edited
* fixed: "String STR_X39_MedSys__Items_BackPacks_Defibrillator not found" error message
* fixed: MedicalMenu can be opened inside of a vehicle
* X39_MedSys_fnc_runCamShakeThread is now guaranteed local!
* corrected some header comments
* removed obsolete function X39_MedSys_fnc_fadeToBlack (not in use since ALPHA 0.idk ^^)
* as XActionUI finally got its initial release! Its now seperated from XMedSys (added XActionUI as requirement)
* removed old clunky UI from vehicle interaction and now also using here XActionUI
* renamed functions:
- X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass						-->	X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation
- X39_MedSys_fnc_dropLimitationFromClass					-->	X39_MedSys_fnc_dropLimitation
* removed functions:
- X39_MedSys_fnc_isMoveProneMove
* added functions:
- X39_MedSys_fnc_resetEffects
- X39_MedSys_fnc_isUnitInProneStance
- X39_MedSys_fnc_isValidLimitation
- X39_MedSys_fnc_registerLimitation
- X39_MedSys_fnc_resetEffects
* added GERMAN language to scripting stringtable (thx to kampfverband-13)
* added HUNGARIAN language to scripting stringtable (thx to www.arma3.hu)
* renamed variables:
- X39_MedSys_Keys													--> X39_MedSys_var_Keys
- X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_Transparency							--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_Transparency
- X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_RefreshRate							--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_RefreshRate
- X39_MedSys_Settings_Overlay_Blood_PictureValues					--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_Overlay_Blood_PictureValues
- X39_MedSys_Settings_EnableCamShake								--> X39_MedSys_var_Settings_EnableCamShake
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowHealthView						--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowHealthView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowBoodView							--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowBoodView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowLegView							--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowLegView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowTourniquetView					--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowTourniquetView
- X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_AllowMorphineView						--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_Overlay_AllowMorphineView
- X39_MedSys_MedicalMenu_PutUnitIntoVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder	--> X39_MedSys_var_MedicalMenu_PutUnitIntoVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder
- X39_MedSys_Display_BlackOut_Open									--> X39_MedSys_var_Display_BlackOut_Open
* Removed variables:
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Bandage
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Blood
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Dephibrilate
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Epinephrine
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Morphine
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_MedKit
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_Tourniquet
* new variables:
- X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_showRespawnButton								(true)			//Enable/Disable the respawn button (if false it is hidden!) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=15 ]
- X39_MedSys_var_MedicalMenu_PullUnitFromVehicle_TempObjectsPlaceholder	(objNull)		//Internal variable
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations											(default: [])	//Internal variable
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_MaxHeal									(default: 0.3)
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowHealingLegsInField					(default: true)
- X39_MedSys_var_Limitations_allowBloodTransfusionInField				(default: true)

as you can see a GIANT bunch of stuff at the background :F

ohh and a small hint on a future feature (maybe already in 0.3.0 ... but im not sure at all):

serverconfig

stay tuned

X39

PS

if someone wants to start updating the wiki for this (pretty much to do there ...)

feel free to do

but for the variables please ONLY do those ones which already got the var prefix (X39_MedSys_var_...)

the plan is to add the prefix to all those variables

so if I'm not mistaken, this is the beta version that will introduce actual death (not just being unable to revive someone) when shot too much or shot on the ground, correct? because I think that's the only real missing feature for my group

serverconfig is very exciting

can't wait to see what comes up