sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Is anyone else having problems with the players inventory being reset to the initial state when they respawn? I can't seem to get them to keep their gear.

Im I suppose to get icons on my HUD because I don't.... Sorry I wasn't clear I can open the menu so I can study a player,use medical supplies but I do not get any notifications when checking a player/using medical items.... Example: He his bleeding,he has broken legs ect... I do NOT get any of this information when finishing the examination.

Im I suppose to get icons on my HUD because I don't.... Sorry I wasn't clear I can open the menu so I can study a player,use medical supplies but I do not get any notifications when checking a player/using medical items.... Example: He his bleeding,he has broken legs ect... I do NOT get any of this information when finishing the examination.

check your userconfig (or disable addons which keep calling "hint '';" ^^ just kíding XD no addon will ever do (hopefully)) if you disabled the output (there are two output options at "x39_settings>>general": "outputMessagesAsHint" and "outputMessagesAsSystemMessage" one of them NEEDS to be set to true)

also the icons are mission/userconfig depending

you can disable them manually (check "x39_settings>>overlay": "Allow..." variables + mission module & mission variables (if you change them))

Thanks a lot. I had a really old version so the config did not change.... I deleted all the mods files and redownloaded it form play with six and it works fine thanks a lot :D

Is anyone else having problems with the players inventory being reset to the initial state when they respawn? I can't seem to get them to keep their gear.

its not a 'respawn' script but a medical mod. It changes how you treat wounded players but wasn't meant to be a respawn system. It's a bummer, but really the idea here is to keep your team alive by rapidly treating them for injuries.

Hey X39

Me and the guys i'm playing with really appreciate this mod and I think it brings a lot more to Arma. We're having some strange mirroring bugs though. Basically we all experience the same view changes. For example my friend overdoses on morphine and we all see the funky effects. Someone gets shot all our screens shake and go red. Is this a known bug or is their something I can do to fix it? I am running the most recent version as far as I know but we have seen his happen on previous mods.

Cheers :)

Ed

Hey X39

Me and the guys i'm playing with really appreciate this mod and I think it brings a lot more to Arma. We're having some strange mirroring bugs though. Basically we all experience the same view changes. For example my friend overdoses on morphine and we all see the funky effects. Someone gets shot all our screens shake and go red. Is this a known bug or is their something I can do to fix it? I am running the most recent version as far as I know but we have seen his happen on previous mods.

Cheers :)

Ed

please send me your mission (as youre the only one who reports such issues) + a list of mods youre using (PN)

usually it just cant happen

so maybe you did something wrong in your setup

its not a 'respawn' script but a medical mod. It changes how you treat wounded players but wasn't meant to be a respawn system. It's a bummer, but really the idea here is to keep your team alive by rapidly treating them for injuries.

I personally would like to see Xmed (optionally) deal with respawn load outs. BTC revive does, and although the intention of Xmed is to keep players alive,it is a mod that deals with damage, life and death and I'd hate to use a separate mod for this and find a conflict.

I personally would like to see Xmed (optionally) deal with respawn load outs. BTC revive does, and although the intention of Xmed is to keep players alive,it is a mod that deals with damage, life and death and I'd hate to use a separate mod for this and find a conflict.

XMedSys will never do

It is designed for a one life thingy

so

each life = seperate "xmedsys session"

also

believe me

it WILL create more conflicts if XMedSys deals with the respawn loadouts then when any other script does!

pretty simple :F

sorry

X39

Thanks for the definitive answer however so I can look for a solution elsewhere for load outs, and not wonder if/when Xmed deals with it.

keep up the good work on this excellent mod!

It has happened in all missions I have done including playing straight from your demo mission.

My mods are as follows:

Joint rails

Blast core

CBA

FFIS AI mod

FHQ accesories

FHQ M4

JSRS2 sound mod

African conflict

Nato Russian SF Weapons

Mag RePack

PLA

Benelli M4

Super Flash

TPW Mods

UnusedAnimations

VTS Weapon resting

Event System

MedSys

As it would most likely be much easier for you (if you believe it is a mod issue) I can test this for you and get back to you?

Ed

It has happened in all missions I have done including playing straight from your demo mission.

My mods are as follows:

Joint rails

Blast core

CBA

FFIS AI mod

FHQ accesories

FHQ M4

JSRS2 sound mod

African conflict

Nato Russian SF Weapons

Mag RePack

PLA

Benelli M4

Super Flash

TPW Mods

UnusedAnimations

VTS Weapon resting

Event System

MedSys

As it would most likely be much easier for you (if you believe it is a mod issue) I can test this for you and get back to you?

Ed

only can be a setup issue or something like that

its not possible that ALL units get the same pain/damage/whatever value assigned as they are handled with the ArmA own setVariable command

so

if also happens on demo missions youre doing something wrong with your setup at all or described the issue not correctly

(especially when it comes to those view changes! the locallity of a unit is ALWAYS prooven as all the commands for screen effects are local only and cant be broadcasted to any ai or the server)

It is not the damage pain etc that is changed. That all works fine. It's what we see. So if one of my friends od's on morphine i see the color effect. I have not overdosed on morphine and it does not report that. I simply see the effects. When I get a chance I will get a video recording of what we are seeing and then send it to you via a youtube upload :)

It is not the damage pain etc that is changed. That all works fine. It's what we see. So if one of my friends od's on morphine i see the color effect. I have not overdosed on morphine and it does not report that. I simply see the effects. When I get a chance I will get a video recording of what we are seeing and then send it to you via a youtube upload :)

as told

cant be

only if other mods are also affecting those things

the effect reacts on the local PLAYERs morphine level

so

you got no morphine overdose?

something is wrong with your setup

or youre running the dev version and they bugged something out again

you dont need to take a video from something which is impossible to happen if not ArmA is having a compleete fault in its very own system ^^

cant fix the unfixable

I dunno what to tell you man I ain't on the dev set up and that's what I see :P same with camera/rifle shake :P Any way il have a mess around and get back to you :)

Hi X39,

First of first, great mod, we love it. Thank you.

Ok, I'm trying lo limit the usage of certain items. In the devReadMe it states:

• X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass [string (MedicalOption), String (Classname)]

For what I've understood, first I need to define the MedicalOption (ie: #define BANDAGE "Bandage"), to use as first argument, and the second it's the class of the unit (ie: "CLASS_MEDIC"). When i put this line (extracted from the devReadMe) ["Bandage", "CLASS_MEDIC"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;, nobody can use the bandage, including the "Combat Life Safer".

So, how can I define the strings for the classnames? I want to make a class only for the medics, an another for the rest of soldiers...

Hi X39,

First of first, great mod, we love it. Thank you.

Ok, I'm trying lo limit the usage of certain items. In the devReadMe it states:

• X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass [string (MedicalOption), String (Classname)]

For what I've understood, first I need to define the MedicalOption (ie: #define BANDAGE "Bandage"), to use as first argument, and the second it's the class of the unit (ie: "CLASS_MEDIC"). When i put this line (extracted from the devReadMe) ["Bandage", "CLASS_MEDIC"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;, nobody can use the bandage, including the "Combat Life Safer".

So, how can I define the strings for the classnames? I want to make a class only for the medics, an another for the rest of soldiers...

[[color=#008000]"Bandage"[/color],[color=#ff0000] "CLASS_MEDIC"[/color]] call [color=#008000]X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass[/color];

just marked the wrong part ^^

first of all you need the class name of the medic class (usually thats not a normal class name)and put it into the position of "CLASS_MEDIC" (to actually get the class you could check the name in the top right corner of an unit menu of the editor (the thing which opens when you place a unit))

(also please note that this should be executed on all clients or (the better way) only on the server + the call of the function "X39_MedSys_fnc_pushLimitations")

anyway

with the next update the system will change and get more easy (still possible to select classes but then also objects with more options etc. ^^ part of the next big feature update "cant save in field")

Edited by X39

Ok, I had misunderstood that part.

Now I have this lines in the init.sqf

["Bandage", "B_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;
[] call X39_MedSys_fnc_pushLimitations;

And of course, all of the #DEFINE stuff.

It works, only the "Combat Life Saver" can apply bandages.

Thank you again, you're great.

Can I use an array in that class limitation? i.e.

["x39_defibrillator", ["B_mas_uk_medic_F_rec_v", "B_mas_usd_medic_F_rec"]] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;

As I have more than one classname of Medic I want to limit some equipment too. Also can the item be an array, or do I call the function multiple times?

Thanks.

Can I use an array in that class limitation? i.e.

["x39_defibrillator", ["B_mas_uk_medic_F_rec_v", "B_mas_usd_medic_F_rec"]] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitationToClass;

As I have more than one classname of Medic I want to limit some equipment too. Also can the item be an array, or do I call the function multiple times?

Thanks.

you need to call it multiple times

for the classnames and the itemname?

yep

no arrays accepted

only strings

That's fair enough and understandable, but occasions will come about where the big bad respawn button needs to be pressed. I'm moving completely away from VAS because it can't deal with the mods effectively. How can I hook into player death to keep their inventory at least somewhat the same? Should I be looking at handling the onPlayerKilled event or something? It would be a real shame to have to keep something like =BTC=Revive running behind xmed. It just confuses the players.

Hey X39,

Sorry to bug you with this again, but I can't for the life of me get this to work.

I can't remove the pain effect from the spectator camera (after respawning to spectator).

[player, 0] call X39_MedSys_fnc_setUnitPain;

Works fine on a living unit, but not on the spectator camera (while in spectator, I've checked and player getVariable ["X39_MedSys_Pain",0 ]; equals 0).

I can't see a way of calling XMedSys functions on the Spectator Camera itself, and I can't see where the functions I can directly manipulate the pain effects.

I've tried messing with these functions too, but got nowhere.

X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayCreateDisplay
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayHideAll
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayInitOverlay 
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayOverlayThread 
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayUnloadOverlay

Thanks again.