sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Thanks for informing us about the new version and sorry for the delay :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi- great mod :)

Sorry if this was asked before- but can I get a classlist of the medical items? no unit spawns with those and the MCC wont recognize any.

In addition- drag/carry animations are messy- is this known issue?

Hi- great mod :)

Sorry if this was asked before- but can I get a classlist of the medical items? no unit spawns with those and the MCC wont recognize any.

In addition- drag/carry animations are messy- is this known issue?

The ClassNames are found in the mod directory, in a text file called "devreadme". Additionally, the mod adds an ammo box called xmedsys supplies (or something like that) that spawns with 100 of each medical supply.

Hey X39,

The mod is activated in-game.

I put the .hpp in my userconfig folder.

XMedsys and XEventSystem's folders are both in my main game folder.

Then I typed this init line: this call X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit ... to all units and to my player, but they still can't use anything, and now even the default healing is not working, is there something else I need to do or missing?

I also changed the keys to Delete (action1) and Insert (actions2)

It seems I might have complicated things though lol, but anyway, thanks for some help!

Edited by JDFreeSoul

Hey X39,

The mod is activated in-game.

I put the .hpp in my userconfig folder.

XMedsys and XEventSystem's folders are both in my main game folder.

Then I typed this init line: this call X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit ... to all units and to my player, but they still can't use anything, and now even the default healing is not working, is there something else I need to do or missing?

I also changed the keys to Delete (action1) and Insert (actions2)

It seems I might have complicated things though lol, but anyway, thanks for some help!

please always use http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys as reference (devReadMe is outdated and will be removed when the wiki is 100% compleete)

"X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit" is not the right function

you want "X39_MedSys_fnc_initializeUnit"

also

please take note that X39_MedSys_fnc_initializeUnit should only be used for initializing AI (which is not recommended) or when used in connection with other commands (to assign all players the XMedSys)

if you dont want to use the module

please use

"player call X39_MedSys_fnc_initializePlayer"

inside of the init.sqf or a gameLogics init

please always use http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys as reference (devReadMe is outdated and will be removed when the wiki is 100% compleete)

"X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit" is not the right function

you want "X39_MedSys_fnc_initializeUnit"

also

please take note that X39_MedSys_fnc_initializeUnit should only be used for initializing AI (which is not recommended) or when used in connection with other commands (to assign all players the XMedSys)

if you dont want to use the module

please use

"player call X39_MedSys_fnc_initializePlayer"

inside of the init.sqf or a gameLogics init

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it!

EDIT: Ok it's working! I believe it was a syntax mistake :p

Now is it normal that when I fall unconscious (blackout) I have to wait until I bleed out? it's nice in MP but respawn is inactive in SP and I have to wait a long time.

Oh also is there a list of classnames somewhere for your mod? I know the backpacks but i'd like to remove or add morphines, etc.

EDIT2: Nevermind I found them in the devReadMe.txt my bad.

So far so good, I really love your mod, thanks a lot!

Edited by JDFreeSoul

hi! I'd like to adjust the time for when you are hit??

sorry if this has been mentioned before but I don't really know what I am doing if I was to adjust it for my mission. As good as it is, I don't want the players waiting 600secs if they are hit and have to wait that long if no one is around until they respawn.

Is this the line I need to change??

X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime default: 600

I'd like to have 180secs or maybe, 240secs if at all possible.

If this is correct, where is the file I change it in??

Thanks

Works great, thank you for making this. As a paramedic IRL I really enjoy seeing such an adult medical system!

Thanks for those Xmed settings. Feel good.

Meanwhile, any chance of some kind of body/death cam after the player hits respawn and waits for whatever timer? It would be neat to float a camera up, see the body, and fade to black before respawn.

I am sure people have done this, but my copy-paste scripting skills have not been able to find a good source to steal from.

I don't know if this helps, but here is the script error log thing when I bandage someone.

http://i.imgur.com/ThMA5te.jpg (882 kB)

Is this an issue? I've used the init.sqf settings posted a couple of pages ago.

Also, here's me TRIPPIN' BALLS!

http://i.imgur.com/AI5kr4l.jpg (560 kB)

Edited by TinyPirate

I don't know if this helps, but here is the script error log thing when I bandage someone.

http://i.imgur.com/ThMA5te.jpg (882 kB)

Is this an issue? I've used the init.sqf settings posted a couple of pages ago.

Also, here's me TRIPPIN' BALLS!

http://i.imgur.com/AI5kr4l.jpg (560 kB)

It is an issue but of the BIS_fnc_param

So

Nothing to fix from my side

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Thanks for those Xmed settings. Feel good.

Meanwhile, any chance of some kind of body/death cam after the player hits respawn and waits for whatever timer? It would be neat to float a camera up, see the body, and fade to black before respawn.

I am sure people have done this, but my copy-paste scripting skills have not been able to find a good source to steal from.

Possible? For sure it is

But i wont create the required stuff for this as it would be just a too high worktime i need to invest there

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Works great, thank you for making this. As a paramedic IRL I really enjoy seeing such an adult medical system!

Youre the first one who says that those things which are not realistic are not totally destroying the immersion or "makes the mod as useless as ace was" (end of quote)

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

X39, again, some variables you should hardcode and not allow people to change. You'll get more consistent test results and the entire system as a whole won't change from mission the mission and from unit and unit. I understand the need for flexibility, but you're making this entire thing be so hard to configure out of the box.

as i havent took an action on this important post till now

Here is it:

Youre right that behaviour can change from unit to unit but the plan was to make this mod as flexible as possible so that even mods up on this mod would be possible!

For the outofthebox thingy

Its beta and tweaking is not done yet ^^

additional note to outOfTheBox

i thought about creating a small webpage where you can setup your specific settings so that its possible to make different configs with easy

just to make it more easy for people without any scripting knowledge

Edited by X39

Unfortunately I was running -nologs at the time, but here's a video to show the respawn bug in XMed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pEwLoj7oYA

This has been reported by a few of our community members as well, all running stable build.

please see

http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=12

for further bug handling

thx

X39

X39: thanks for the reply. Understand completely.

Now, another voice here in the "this mod is really great" camp. I have been exploring it with some friends and it really changes how firefights work and how we think about the game.

In standard ARMA or with a "lighter" revive script it is easy to recon-by-body. You don't have to think too much about how you approach an objective, nor about over watching and bounding as someone will be up pretty quick if they do go down.

However, with Xmed you can't take these things lightly. The other night four of us patrolled down a hill, through woods, to an objective town. We got owned - once one of us dropped we couldn't get them up in time before we were flanked and destroyed. Really, that approach was poor and we didn't take advantage of ingress routes with better visibility.

The other nice thing Xmed does is make players think about whether they can afford to try and save someone who is down, or whether they will need to win the firefight first. The tensions feel very similar to the tensions I trained for when I was in the army reserves here. Yes, the system isn't a perfect medical simulator (snore - fun for a medic and no one else, I expect) but it does drive the right sort of thinking into player heads, and make them balance a lot of issues at once - especially for the section commander.

Note: we have paired Xmed with the TPWCAS AI suppression system as you really can't afford to take hits in Xmed and the way to prevent hits is to win the firefight, and the way to do that is to suppress and destroy the enemy - TPWCAS makes that possible (I change the configs to make 3 bullets suppress rather than 7).

For those trying Xmed, do consider working TPWCAS into your missions, the two go together really well.

Thanks, X39, Xmed is a really lovely system! I just wish I understood what role CPR and tourniquets played!

X39: thanks for the reply. Understand completely.

Now, another voice here in the "this mod is really great" camp. I have been exploring it with some friends and it really changes how firefights work and how we think about the game.

In standard ARMA or with a "lighter" revive script it is easy to recon-by-body. You don't have to think too much about how you approach an objective, nor about over watching and bounding as someone will be up pretty quick if they do go down.

However, with Xmed you can't take these things lightly. The other night four of us patrolled down a hill, through woods, to an objective town. We got owned - once one of us dropped we couldn't get them up in time before we were flanked and destroyed. Really, that approach was poor and we didn't take advantage of ingress routes with better visibility.

The other nice thing Xmed does is make players think about whether they can afford to try and save someone who is down, or whether they will need to win the firefight first. The tensions feel very similar to the tensions I trained for when I was in the army reserves here. Yes, the system isn't a perfect medical simulator (snore - fun for a medic and no one else, I expect) but it does drive the right sort of thinking into player heads, and make them balance a lot of issues at once - especially for the section commander.

Note: we have paired Xmed with the TPWCAS AI suppression system as you really can't afford to take hits in Xmed and the way to prevent hits is to win the firefight, and the way to do that is to suppress and destroy the enemy - TPWCAS makes that possible (I change the configs to make 3 bullets suppress rather than 7).

For those trying Xmed, do consider working TPWCAS into your missions, the two go together really well.

Thanks, X39, Xmed is a really lovely system! I just wish I understood what role CPR and tourniquets played!

pretty easy

CPR will stop the timer instant until you stop the CPR :F

tourniquets are preventing bleeding as long as you got them on yourself (but they also damage you overtime)

Hey X39, or anyone who's tried something similar,

Another question: How do I manually remove the red and blurry "in pain/hurt/bleeding" overlay? I'm using the built-in Arma 3 spectator mode (which is awesome using "respawnTemplates[] = {"Spectator"};" in description.ext), which is fine, but my camera keeps the pain/bleeding overlay the whole time.

I tried using onPlayerRespawn.sqf with the following:

// Parameters: [<newUnit>,<oldUnit>,<respawn>,<respawnDelay>] 
// onPlayerRespawn.sqf
// See https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn for details

_player = _this select 0;

[_player] call X39_MedSys_fnc_initializeUnit;

but had no joy. Anyone have any ideas?

----------

Edited to add:

Another question I haven't seen answered (likely because I haven't looked hard enough) - is there a variable I can use to tell Task Force Radio that a unit is unconscious (e.g. mute or treat as dead)? I know that integrating the two mods is way beyond X39's scope, and I wouldn't want him spending time on that, but if theres something I can query to check and then send info to TFR myself I'd be pretty ecstatic.

Edited by 10T

Hey X39, or anyone who's tried something similar,

Another question: How do I manually remove the red and blurry "in pain/hurt/bleeding" overlay? I'm using the built-in Arma 3 spectator mode (which is awesome using "respawnTemplates[] = {"Spectator"};" in description.ext), which is fine, but my camera keeps the pain/bleeding overlay the whole time.

I tried using onPlayerRespawn.sqf with the following:

// Parameters: [<newUnit>,<oldUnit>,<respawn>,<respawnDelay>] 
// onPlayerRespawn.sqf
// See https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn for details

_player = _this select 0;

[_player] call X39_MedSys_fnc_initializeUnit;

but had no joy. Anyone have any ideas?

----------

Edited to add:

Another question I haven't seen answered (likely because I haven't looked hard enough) - is there a variable I can use to tell Task Force Radio that a unit is unconscious (e.g. mute or treat as dead)? I know that integrating the two mods is way beyond X39's scope, and I wouldn't want him spending time on that, but if theres something I can query to check and then send info to TFR myself I'd be pretty ecstatic.

first of all

NEVER reinit the player!

the mod is handling this (can lead in unexpected behaviour even if it should be safe to call ... anyway! it WILL add multiple handlers so that unneeded cpu overhead is created)

to disable those pain indicators (redscreen/strange screen)

disabling the effects is pretty complicated as there are many variables you need to check (all disable a small part)

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_AllowMorphineOverdoseEffect default: true
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_ColorCorrections default: true
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur default: true
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_RedScreen default: true
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_GreyScreen default: true
X39_MedSys_var_pain_ColorInversion default: true
X39_MedSys_var_pain_ChromAberration default: true

the TFR part

nope

but its not because i dont want to support or something like that

its more that i asked the creator of TFR if thats supported but it is not : /

still waiting for a changelog where that feature pops up ^^

maybe i can add an ACRE support but as the current ACRE is more or less a "community port" of the community mod ...

I cannot use the action menu.... I get no notification ingame when examining myself or my friends. They do but not me....

I don't know if you had this problem before but I get this problem :/

(Im hosting the game on my PC)

Try a different key. It doesn't like combinations with Ctrl, etc, I believe. I use / and * on the numpad.

Hey X39, thanks again for the help.

NEVER reinit the player!

Got it - I went down that path after doing a Team Switch to an (uninitialized) AI player and initializing on him made the overlay vanish. I thought perhaps the spectator cam would be uninitialized too, but no such luck.

disabling the effects ...

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_AllowMorphineOverdoseEffect default: true
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_ColorCorrections default: true
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur default: true

I tried this but couldn't get it to make the red/blur go away.

Setting these variables to false before getting injured prevents the red and blur - but that defeats the purpose of XMedSys. Setting them to true when already wounded makes the overlay effects appear. But setting them to false after being wounded has no effect (the red blur is still there).

I also experimented with the following functions:

X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayCreateDisplay
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayHideAll
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayInitOverlay 
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayOverlayThread 
X39_MedSys_fnc_MedSysOverlayUnloadOverlay

(yes, the ones you say in the comment "DONT use if youre not sure what you are doing!", even though I have no idea what I'm doing)

Because I have no idea what I'm doing, I couldn't get that to help at all. Any ideas?

the TFR part...

That's a bummer that they don't support it. I guess I'll try and hassle them then.

I wouldn't (personally) bother with trying to support the current release of ACRE. Most people I know are moving to TFR, and if I've judged NouberNou right he'll include a sensible handle to use in ACRE2 anyway.

Thanks again!