sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

thanks for this. it's definitely improving. just one thing: is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to save people now? it always says "no pulse" or "irregular pulse" and I just can't bring anyone back. CPR and defib don't work, they wake up for a second and then pass out again. I tried it on myself and my friend could stop my bleeding, but couldn't bring me back from unconsciousness

I'm really glad to see more work being done, maybe I just don't know what to do in that situation. thanks man

edit: Also, I don't know what "Fixed: Unit always gets knocked out" means, but people still get knocked out even from grenades. not sure what that's about, maybe I'm not reading it right. it seems they start bleeding faster if I shoot them on the ground, so at least something is going on

We are having the same issue. Tried it with several people and all have the same problem.

After some correspondence with X39 the "can't wake up" problem is fixed but you don't get any information that applying medkits has any effect after "broken legs" msg disappears. If you still continue using medkits it will eventually work and the patient can be brought back with defib. Hopefully more information msgs will be show in next version.

okay, I'll try using the medkit more then. seems things are going in the right direction

We've been having problems with the "knockout" thing ever since the patch with the UI change. We tested the latest update today and still can't get people up the majority of the time. They get stuck in a constant revived/back down state even when there are no other ailments affecting them. I'm hoping you guys get this sorted out soon.

We are experiencing the exact same thing as Tritonv8 - since the patch that changed the menu the xmed system has not been working very well at all. Last night we had 3 guys downed by getting within 20m of a burning vehicle and then get stuck in the perpetual knock out loop no matter what anyone did to try to revive (and no, the fire was not still burning - but thats a whole different issue with the sensitivity to vehicles burning)

V

We've been having problems with the "knockout" thing ever since the patch with the UI change. We tested the latest update today and still can't get people up the majority of the time. They get stuck in a constant revived/back down state even when there are no other ailments affecting them. I'm hoping you guys get this sorted out soon.
We are experiencing the exact same thing as Tritonv8 - since the patch that changed the menu the xmed system has not been working very well at all. Last night we had 3 guys downed by getting within 20m of a burning vehicle and then get stuck in the perpetual knock out loop no matter what anyone did to try to revive (and no, the fire was not still burning - but thats a whole different issue with the sensitivity to vehicles burning)

V

It works but it takes a looooooot of medkits, even after you don't get any messages that they do any good, keep using them anyway. I experimented yesterday and it took me 7-13 medkits to get a victim struck by a grenade back to life.

If you can edit the missions you play I recommend adding this to yout init.sqf:

X39_MedSys_var_Action_CheckUnit_OutputRealValues = true;

That way it will show health, pain... in percentage instead of cryptic messages "light pain..."

You can also increase the amount of health every medkits restores with:

X39_MedSys_Healing_MedKitValue = XX;

The settings we use in our missions for now:

// XMedSys Tweaking
X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime = 1800;
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 3;
X39_MedSys_BandageBleedingHeal = 2;
X39_MedSys_Healing_MedKitValue = 20;
X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 30;
X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout = 30;
X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageMultiplicator = 2;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut = 4;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut = 8;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead = 10;

It works but it takes a looooooot of medkits, even after you don't get any messages that they do any good, keep using them anyway. I experimented yesterday and it took me 7-13 medkits to get a victim struck by a grenade back to life.

If you can edit the missions you play I recommend adding this to yout init.sqf:

That way it will show health, pain... in percentage instead of cryptic messages "light pain..."

You can also increase the amount of health every medkits restores with:

X39_MedSys_Healing_MedKitValue = XX;

The settings we use in our missions for now:

// XMedSys Tweaking
X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime = 1800;
X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 3;
X39_MedSys_BandageBleedingHeal = 2;
X39_MedSys_Healing_MedKitValue = 20;
X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 30;
X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout = 30;
X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageMultiplicator = 2;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut = 4;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut = 8;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead = 10;

just to let you know

you also just can apply a maxDamage cap to all units through setting the X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage variable (but you should be carefull as this needs to be >= X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead!)

sorry but I really don't think we should have to input so many config changes to correct this issue. The idea of Xmed as I understood it, was to make something comparable to @ACE wounding. I think that X39 has done far more than this (which I like, especially having the blood bags, morphine effects and working tourniquets) but since the UI update it has made this system too onerous to use in missions or training.

Simply put, we can't carry enough medical supplies to treat anyone, and taking 10-15 minutes of combat time to treat someone who eventually is just going to have to ctl-alt-del to get out of the 'loop' is just wrong. Also, as I said before, its demoralizing because now I have members second guessing what they did and why their "buddy" died.

I really think that the intent of Xmed should go back to its original idea - which is to bring back ACE wounding - so get rid of the death stuff altogether so it fosters teamwork to get them back up and also allow players who are down to respawn after a certain amount of time, which is what ACE did.

sorry but I really don't think we should have to input so many config changes to correct this issue. The idea of Xmed as I understood it, was to make something comparable to @ACE wounding. I think that X39 has done far more than this (which I like, especially having the blood bags, morphine effects and working tourniquets) but since the UI update it has made this system too onerous to use in missions or training.

Simply put, we can't carry enough medical supplies to treat anyone, and taking 10-15 minutes of combat time to treat someone who eventually is just going to have to ctl-alt-del to get out of the 'loop' is just wrong. Also, as I said before, its demoralizing because now I have members second guessing what they did and why their "buddy" died.

I really think that the intent of Xmed should go back to its original idea - which is to bring back ACE wounding - so get rid of the death stuff altogether so it fosters teamwork to get them back up and also allow players who are down to respawn after a certain amount of time, which is what ACE did.

you can disable the bleedout ^^ (+ the health regen which was introduced with the 0.2.0 update which causes the "problems")

just set those variables to false and it wont be there anymore

X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_Allow

X39_MedSys_var_HpRegenOverTime_Allow

when doing this

the entire routine for those will be skiped on call

also

im still searching for the escape menu (as i need the UI config of it but im just to stupid to find it ...) to let it popUp when in knockedOut state (i also thought about enabling the chat at missionDesigner intention)

Is it intentional that some hints like "target stopped bleeding" are not localized by stringtable.xml? I added polish to the stringtable.

Is it intentional that some hints like "target stopped bleeding" are not localized by stringtable.xml? I added polish to the stringtable.

nope

please report ALL those things you find as they should already be inside of the stringtable

Are there plans to have better medikits take up more room?

Great mod. The community thanks you.

Are there plans to have better medikits take up more room?

Great mod. The community thanks you.

Nope

But there will be a small patch today with some fixes + a default value change of maxDamage + checking if unit is in a health state where it cant knockout again( so you guys stop reporting expected features to me )

In the latest update from SIX (0.2.2) we're still experiencing the constant death loop on respawn. Reviving some players also seems impossible - "Target has no pulse" yet they are not dead - all med supplies seem to do nothing except bring the player back for about 1 second before falling unconscious again.

Rolling back to 0.1.3.2-beta.

I'm sure the XMed team are dealing with this as a number 1 priority.

Submitted issue on feedback tracker.

Keep those updates coming, our unit greatly appreciates your efforts!

Edited by GDSN

In the latest update from SIX (0.2.2) we're still experiencing the constant death loop on respawn. Reviving some players also seems impossible - "Target has no pulse" yet they are not dead - all med supplies seem to do nothing except bring the player back for about 1 second before falling unconscious again.

Rolling back to 0.1.3.2-beta.

I'm sure the XMed team are dealing with this as a number 1 priority.

Submitted issue on feedback tracker.

Keep those updates coming, our unit greatly appreciates your efforts!

closed the corresponding issue as its an dup of issue ID #3.

Also

the constant loop is not a bug

its a feature (or better: something which is implemented currently to work like so)

as the max damage cap (X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage) has been disabled with version 0.2.1 BETA by default, you can receive up to ∞Damage + allowDamage has been removed so that knockedOut units still can receive damage

in next patch (comming today) this will be set by default again as i dont want those wrong issue reports anymore

OLD Changelog 0.2.1 BETA

0.2.1 BETA* fixed: wrong pain overdose messages are outputted
* fixed: script error message when something called fakeKillUnit.sqf [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=77&project=2 ]
* [color=#ff0000]fixed: allowDamage is callen when getting knockedOut [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=71&project=2 ][/color]
* fixed: insta death after respawn
* Respawn button now is as accurate as the death time [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=67&project=2 ]
* Deathtimer will now always be shown
* only ONE keyhandler should now be attached to player per session
* new default values:
   - X39_MedSys_var_DamageMultiplicator                    (1        ->    2)
[color=#FF0000]    - X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage                                (5        -> -1) //caused some problems after the rebalancing as the damage was not able to go higher then this[/color]
* new stringtable entries:
   - STR_X39_MedSys__msg_cprInProgress

current changelog for upcomming 0.2.3 BETA

0.2.3 BETA* fixed: no damage messages are shown (sorry for this)[ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=2 ]
* fixed: wrong epi texture [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=5 ]
* fixed: pain is not capped to max
* removed autoheal of epinephrine [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=7 ]
* added prevention of revive to epi/dephi so that units cant get revived anymore if not healed enough (< X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=7 ]
* new variables:
   - X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_enableChatWhenKnockedOut        (true)            //Enable/Disable chat when knockedOut
* new default values:
   - X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage                                (-1        -> 10)     //stop whining ... what you think happens if youre hit by a grenade? damage goes up to ~20 + well placed bullets are also generating the same here ... well now the max is 10
   - X39_MedSys_var_DamageMultiplicator                    (2        -> 1.5)
   - STR_X39_MedSys__msg_bloodLeft_msg4
   - STR_X39_MedSys__msg_StoppedBleeding
   - STR_X39_MedSys__msg_StillBleeding

so there is no need to rollback

just setting in the init.sqf the given var to the correct value

DOWNLOAD 0.2.3 BETA

0.2.3 BETA
* fixed: no damage messages are shown (sorry for this)[ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=2 ]
* fixed: wrong epi texture [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=5 ]
* fixed: pain is not capped to max
* fixed: Units still cant be carried like expected (only when legs are broken &| is in knockedOut state)
* removed autoheal of epinephrine [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=7 ]
* added prevention of revive to epi/dephi so that units cant get revived anymore if not healed enough (< X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/view.php?id=7 ]
* new variables:
- X39_MedSys_var_KnockOut_enableChatWhenKnockedOut		(true)			//Enable/Disable chat when knockedOut
* new default values:
- X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage								(-1		-> 10) 	//stop whining ... what you think happens if youre hit by a grenade? damage goes up to ~20 + well placed bullets are also generating the same here ... well now the max is 10
- X39_MedSys_var_DamageMultiplicator					(2		-> 1.5)
- STR_X39_MedSys__msg_bloodLeft_msg4
- STR_X39_MedSys__msg_StoppedBleeding
- STR_X39_MedSys__msg_StillBleeding

Edited by X39

X39, again, some variables you should hardcode and not allow people to change. You'll get more consistent test results and the entire system as a whole won't change from mission the mission and from unit and unit. I understand the need for flexibility, but you're making this entire thing be so hard to configure out of the box.

closed the corresponding issue as its an dup of issue ID #3.

Also

the constant loop is not a bug

its a feature (or better: something which is implemented currently to work like so)

I think you may have misunderstood - I was describing two separate issues. The first one is definitely not a feature.

The main issue is clicking "Respawn" and then upon respawning the player instantly dies - again and again and again. The only way to get out of this infinite loop it is to abort. This is definately not a duplicate "0000003: Still can't wake up knocked out victims", they are two separate issues.

I hope this has been fixed in the latest update, downloading now... ;)

Update: Just tested v0.2.3 with a few guys and it appears this issue is now fixed. Thanks guys.

Edited by GDSN

X39, again, some variables you should hardcode and not allow people to change. You'll get more consistent test results and the entire system as a whole won't change from mission the mission and from unit and unit. I understand the need for flexibility, but you're making this entire thing be so hard to configure out of the box.

SpectreRSG, I tend to agree to a certain extent. Certain variables should definitely be hardcoded. The flexibility I do like here is that units/players can simulate the amount of realism they want in their medical system.

That said, in the beta, I think it's probably the right idea to give the flexibility up front so it doesn't crash and burn in the final. Just how much though is a matter of personal taste.

I would suggest commenting out your init variables and adding them back in after checking the new release.

Death glitch is still active in v0.2.3. One of our guys reported dying three times in a row when respawning. It isn't as bad as before (used to be infinite), but the issue is definitely still there.

Yep happened to me independently GDSN on the Takistan map just after you left. Died and then died 2 more times before it let me -Re-spawn properly.

Count of 3 total deaths on the scoreboard

SJ

Hey guys, I think I installed this incorrectly on the server. I am receiving the following error from my server logs:

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\X39\MedSysConfig.hpp not found.

I am unable to join the server, and get no errors client side. I have checked and found this file as it is supposed to be located on the client. Did I miss something when transferring the files over to the server or is this some kind of error?

EDIT: resolved - you need to put a file into your dedi-server named userconfig\x39\ and import the medsysconfig.hpp to it.

Edited by thatguyeod