sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Ah yes just saw that you left a comment on the thread I made.

it's funny, some people want better respawns and defibs, but I want harsher permadeath and more ACE-like system. like headshots = death or shot while on ground = more damage or death

i'll just wait eagerly for changes, but no need to rush lol

Is there an way to get only some people be avaible to use it on the server?

I would like todo so only some players can use it trought there Arma 3 UI or something

Is there an way to get only some people be avaible to use it on the server?

I would like todo so only some players can use it trought there Arma 3 UI or something

Ehhh

What?

Please say clearly what you want to do

Have you see my message, X39 at the page 45 ?

nope

thx for the headsup

but pls post bugs and feature requests at the feedback tracker to give me a chance to actually track them

http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?project=2

thx

x39

Edited by X39
added link to FBT

How do I eliminate instant deaths and make all deaths a result of the death timer reaching zero. I recently did a training with my unit using this mod and a fireteam was hit with enemy mortar fire and they all instantly died. I want to be able to still get them back up until the death timer reaches zero.

How do I eliminate instant deaths and make all deaths a result of the death timer reaching zero. I recently did a training with my unit using this mod and a fireteam was hit with enemy mortar fire and they all instantly died. I want to be able to still get them back up until the death timer reaches zero.

I have no idea what "instant death" youre talking about

X39 - any word on when we will see an update to this mod? My team still is having the 'down' and 'up' and 'down' and 'up' issue. No matter what we do to treat an injured team member they come conscious for a few seconds and then go back down. This is after stopping bleeding, removing tourniquets, checking for bleeding, applying a medkit, morphine and eppy. No matter what we do and in what order some people seem to get locked in the endless cycle. This happened after the last update - and no - we can't go back unless we host an older version of the mod as we use play with six and it gives us the latest version.

Is there a change I can make in my .init to fix this? Or to remove the greyed out 'respawn' so at least the guy can respawn and try again?

X39 - any word on when we will see an update to this mod? My team still is having the 'down' and 'up' and 'down' and 'up' issue. No matter what we do to treat an injured team member they come conscious for a few seconds and then go back down. This is after stopping bleeding, removing tourniquets, checking for bleeding, applying a medkit, morphine and eppy. No matter what we do and in what order some people seem to get locked in the endless cycle. This happened after the last update - and no - we can't go back unless we host an older version of the mod as we use play with six and it gives us the latest version.

Is there a change I can make in my .init to fix this? Or to remove the greyed out 'respawn' so at least the guy can respawn and try again?

revert the balancing or downgrade (XMedSys 0.1.3 BETA)

both should work fine

the update

well

im working on it

cant say more ^^ (current dev. version is not running as expected: XMedSys 0.2.1 BETA DEV1)

When a unit with a killed eventhandler attached to it goes down and dies, is the killer correctly returned?

short update:

think i located the spot

if thats true (checking currently)

then the next update will follow soon!

fix works

was a timing issue ...

seems like they improoved some things in the SQF code speed

for those who need the patch this week:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uwdaava1746300s/XMedSys_0.2.1_BETA.zip

hf

for the rest

full release post will follow soon

Edited by X39

Probably reported before but we discovered some problems:

First of all: We start with an extrem morphin overdose.

And there is: After somebody got hit and gets unconscious he keeps getting unconscious since then.

That are the most annoying ones

We use 0.2.0.1...

One thin I notice is, when I give someone a morphin a console message pops up...something about "Remote" something....

I was just thinking sending a Bug report

Probably reported before but we discovered some problems:

First of all: We start with an extrem morphin overdose.

And there is: After somebody got hit and gets unconscious he keeps getting unconscious since then.

That are the most annoying ones

We use 0.2.0.1...

One thin I notice is, when I give someone a morphin a console message pops up...something about "Remote" something....

I was just thinking sending a Bug report

Then submit one via proper channels as requested? over and over and.......

Then submit one via proper channels as requested? over and over and.......

Sorry...but what you mean by that? ^^

no change to the endless knockout cycle - we need this fixed as it makes it impossible to treat anyone. Is there something I can change in a missions init to dump pain alltogether if it is the cause of this? It is really frustrating me and my guys to spend 10 mins + trying to get someone back on their feet only to have them keep being knocked out. This happens even with the person showing no injuries.

We've just rolled back. Really easy to do (espcially if you use six to maintain your mods) The v0.2.1-beta works perfectly.

SJ

We've just rolled back. Really easy to do (espcially if you use six to maintain your mods) The v0.2.1-beta works perfectly.

SJ

the defib kills sometimes but not often, my unit has rolled back waiting out on the next stable release. Thanks X39 were still with ya

I've set

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout = 30; // Default 600

in init.sqf but we still have to wait 600s before the respawn button is active if knocked out. Have I missed something?

I want to have the option to press respawn after 30s if noone can help you and forced respawn after 600s.

Is this possible or have I misunderstood?

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Can the damagevalues be reset via scripting and the damaged player is back to full health?

Been thinking about creating a MASH location to airlift people to if medic isn't available. Airlift victim back to base, carry him to mash-tent, trigger resets damagevalues and the soldier can join the fight again...

You should consider switching to CBA instead of adding a dependency on your own addon.

I've set

in init.sqf but we still have to wait 600s before the respawn button is active if knocked out. Have I missed something?

I want to have the option to press respawn after 30s if noone can help you and forced respawn after 600s.

Is this possible or have I misunderstood?

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Can the damagevalues be reset via scripting and the damaged player is back to full health?

Been thinking about creating a MASH location to airlift people to if medic isn't available. Airlift victim back to base, carry him to mash-tent, trigger resets damagevalues and the soldier can join the fight again...

you need to modify both variables for optimal results

there is a difference between KnockOut and Death ^^

is broken in current release (0.2.1 <-- changed to use time function of ArmA for being more accurate)

for the second part

Yes it is possible

but for that you need to check the functions (also pls. decide what you want to do exactly because setting the damage only is kinda easy done with the function X39_MedSys_fnc_setUnitDamage see http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys for a full list (currently without more informations but you can check the ingame functions list as all those functions got a header inside))

You should consider switching to CBA instead of adding a dependency on your own addon.

never ever

just hate CBA

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

XMedSys 0.2.2 BETA

Changelog

0.2.2 BETA
* fixed: overlay is not shown anymore
* fixed: unit always gets knockedOut
* fixed: you can carry people without a broken leg but not people with broken legs
* fixed: Respawn button wont be enabled anymore
0.2.1 BETA
* fixed: wrong pain overdose messages are outputted
* fixed: script error message when something called fakeKillUnit.sqf [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=77&project=2 ]
* fixed: allowDamage is callen when getting knockedOut [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=71&project=2 ]
* fixed: insta death after respawn
* Respawn button now is as accurate as the death time [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=67&project=2 ]
* Deathtimer will now always be shown
* only ONE keyhandler should now be attached to player per session
* new default values:
   - X39_MedSys_var_DamageMultiplicator                    (1        ->    2)
   - X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage                                (5        -> -1) //caused some problems after the rebalancing as the damage was not able to go higher then this
* new stringtable entries:
   - STR_X39_MedSys__msg_cprInProgress

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sh3dxbf311xwxtp/XMedSys_0.2.2_BETA.zip

Edited by X39

thanks for this. it's definitely improving. just one thing: is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to save people now? it always says "no pulse" or "irregular pulse" and I just can't bring anyone back. CPR and defib don't work, they wake up for a second and then pass out again. I tried it on myself and my friend could stop my bleeding, but couldn't bring me back from unconsciousness

I'm really glad to see more work being done, maybe I just don't know what to do in that situation. thanks man

edit: Also, I don't know what "Fixed: Unit always gets knocked out" means, but people still get knocked out even from grenades. not sure what that's about, maybe I'm not reading it right. it seems they start bleeding faster if I shoot them on the ground, so at least something is going on