sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

thanks Spectre I'll give that a try. Me and my team love XmedSys - its just a bit of a logistical nightmare right now with the amount of gear we have to carry.

X39 - I'd recommend making things a lot more effective. A 10% decrease in pain per morphine injection is just way off base.

thanks Spectre I'll give that a try. Me and my team love XmedSys - its just a bit of a logistical nightmare right now with the amount of gear we have to carry.

X39 - I'd recommend making things a lot more effective. A 10% decrease in pain per morphine injection is just way off base.

at the end you got it in your hands

as you see

there are variables to modify the behaviour of XMedSys ^^

Yeah but X39, this is a beta and although you don't want to tweak thing you may want to standardize stuff later on or else every version of Xmed will be different from mission to mission and from unit to unit. Not saying do it now, but for testing purposes and the sake of beta, it's something to consider. You'd get better feedback if everyone was commenting on the same standards.

Case in point, in addition to the stuff I told Serf earlier, we have our pain threshold variables jacked way up - we still found ourselves dying almost every time being shot and couldn't really use any of the medical items! Lol. Still testing and I'll get ya some more feedback next week.

Hey X39, great work.

But i have a problem. I can´t change the variables, so that my missions have different values. Do you could explain it shortly, whether (dokument) i can should change the values?

Error on respawn, X39: Click here for error Screenshot

Also, I have a few questions:

- Does health gradually (slowly) improve over time? In my opinion, if you're bandaged and able to walk/run the health should rise over time; or at least have a variable so that this could be enabled. This should be slow for all purposes.

- Not being medically trained with tourniquets IRL, shouldn’t you be able to apply a tourniquet on yourself?

- What’s the difference between the Knockout and PermanentKnock out? I’m confused as to which is which.

As for recommendations so far – is it possible to have the morphine set your pain level to major intervals?

For example if you have a pain of 37%. If you use one morphine, with your current settings, it will remove let say 10 percent. So it’ll move the 37% to 27%. I suggest it even out to intervals of 5. So, it’ll even out to 25%. This may make the pain easier to manage. I suggest doing this with health as well.

Second suggestion is to make some sort of status feedback to notify if you’re under the influence of morphine. I want to check someone and be able to know how much morphine he’s under the influence of..

I tested this mod as soon as it came out and naturally it wasn't usable enough at the time. How would you guys say it is now?

Well it certainly isn't for the faint hearted - or single player. I tweaked the values of the items a little (thanks SpectreRSG) and me and my team are very happy with the feel of the mod. There are bugs here and there (untreatable injuries sometimes), but overall; really adds a lot to a mission or training session.

that sounds pretty sweet. I'll look through this thread for the tweaks. maybe my group and I will try it soon.

No problem serf glad to hear it's better. I have some more tweaks I've done in our missions but am not home now to send then over; however if you join my server (filter for JSAF) you can get the mission; just take a look at the init.sqf. We have bandage, medikit and morphine settings that are working decently well enough.

And with a little tweaking this will be a damn good medical system. Totally usable thus far with some mission variable alterations.

@Spectre: could you give a download to the mission? I tried to join JSAF servers but both were locked.

Just started trying this mod out - looks good.

Agree with a few posts above about it uses too much equipment to get people up, need to carry a truck load of medic equipment everywhere.

Is there a respawn loadout option to maintain the equipment you died with/started with? I guess I'm used to BTC revive handling it (and VAS) so now I've tried something without them, I miss that feature.

Are there plans to leave discarded bandages and blood on the floor after a healing session?

So, how does one change the variables concerning the respawn? I don't, nor know of anyone who would, want to wait a lot of time on the respawn timer. The devreadme only says to change the variables, that i am willing to do, but in what folder, file, or pbo do I look into?

So, how does one change the variables concerning the respawn? I don't, nor know of anyone who would, want to wait a lot of time on the respawn timer. The devreadme only says to change the variables, that i am willing to do, but in what folder, file, or pbo do I look into?

The variables are decided by the mission, so if you were to make a mission, you would follow the instructions and edit the variables that way.

@Spectre: could you give a download to the mission? I tried to join JSAF servers but both were locked.

You need to join the TFApache.net server - in the server name shows the mods you need to join. If you can wait a few hours I can get the init.sqf alterations I did, if you dont want to join.

If anyone has been able to alter this respawn function of the mod, could you be so kind as to post an example or link a file as to what you did.

Respawn as in what exactly? A few pages back X39 stated the variable that you can set to enabled that Respawn button after you're permanently knocked out. If not I know its in the devReadme file of the download. Just put the variable I'm your init.sqf of your mission with the time that you want the Respawn button to become usable.

Respawn as in what exactly? A few pages back X39 stated the variable that you can set to enabled that Respawn button after you're permanently knocked out. If not I know its in the devReadme file of the download. Just put the variable I'm your init.sqf of your mission with the time that you want the Respawn button to become usable.

Thanks, that was all I needed to know; to put the variable in the Init.sqf.

This is what he has in the devReadMe: X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death - Time before respawn is available after death (-1 to disable).

According to your statement, all I have to do is to just place this line into my init.sqf as so: X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death -1?

Edited by chondo999

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = timeinseconds;

If you never want that respawn button to pop up, then yes -1. I have mine set to 30 seconds as there's not always a medic online and it still an option. If we do have one, I don't need to click the button.

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

So I've gotten a few PMs. Heh. This is the init.sqf file (you may have to create it if you dont have it). I recommend using Notepad++, when you save it, make sure it's file type is set to All files and manually put the .sqf extension at the end of the filename field (EG: init.sqf).

Here's the variables we've fooled around with so far:

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 3; // Default 1
X39_MedSys_BandageBleedingHeal = 2; // Default 1
X39_MedSys_Healing_MedKitValue = 5; // Default ?

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 30; // Default 600

X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageMultiplicator = 2; // Default 1
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut = 4; // Default 1
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut = 8; // Default 1.5
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead = 10; // Default 2

The reason we have our Damage variables jacked up so high is to simulate battlefield adrenaline rush, compensate for the fubar personal protection system, the sheer amount of AI we deal with and the actual AI hivemind itself. I believe the PermaKnockOut is when you have that respawn button/bleed timer.

I'd like to see the potency of the morphine jacked up as well. Giving someone 3 morphine currently seems to be a bad idea IRL due to a slowing of the victims pulse rate - the reason I haven't is simply because we have no way (yet, hopefully) to know how much morphine an individual has received. I'm curious to know if a individual lurking this part of the forum is able to explain how a GSW victim under an IV morphine drip given epinephrine would react (non-allergic). Shouldn't the epi compensate for the slow down of the heart rate and reverse the lethargic responses of the victim?

... as noted by X39, those defaults will be changing. I hope this helps those-who-know-who-they-are.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Hi,

Could you explain how to disable the icons on the right hand side of the screen?

In the userconfig I set the variable like:

-AllowHealthView = false;

-AllowBoodView = false;

-AllowLegView = false;

-AllowTourniquetView = false;

for both server and client sides but I still get the icons :confused:

Hi,

Could you explain how to disable the icons on the right hand side of the screen?

In the userconfig I set the variable like:

-AllowHealthView = false;

-AllowBoodView = false;

-AllowLegView = false;

-AllowTourniquetView = false;

for both server and client sides but I still get the icons :confused:

seems like i broke it somewhere

good that you found it ^^

use the ServerVariables instead (they are working ^^)

assignVariable(X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableHealthView, true)
assignVariable(X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableBoodView, true)
assignVariable(X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableLegView, true)
assignVariable(X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableTourniquetView, true)
assignVariable(X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableMorphineView, true)

Can't you hide/unhide those in the actual module options?

yes you can ^^

Could you make some 3d/map markers for the injured units? or maybe make it a option for those who want to use them?

Thanks for this great medic system! we are currently using it and we are really pleased for such mod.