sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Respawn is still greyed out after getting knocked out, so bug testing in the editor is nearly impossible to do if you get downed. All you can do is restart the game.

Respawning at all in the editor has never really worked for any mod or in-game script. You should always test it in a server.

New release: 0.1.3 Beta - Frontpage updated

New Features:

• Pain and with this also usable morphine
  • Reusable medkits
  • Real value output of checkunit
  • autoapply to all missions (optional via userconfig)
  • some settings are editable via the module

​

Changelog:
* added variable to change the "Check Unit" messages to real values instead: X39_MedSys_var_Action_CheckUnit_OutputRealValues (default: true)
* added variable to set the upper limit for bleeding rate: X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_maxBleeding (default: 10)
* added variable to set the upper limit for received damage: X39_MedSys_var_maxDamage (default: 5)
* added first basic functionallity to the module (currently only overlay settings)
* added blood view in knock out gui (when dead) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=46 ]
* XMedSys menu now outputs unit name too
* Check unit now also outputs the unit name
* new ppEffect for morphine overdose
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overdose ColorInversion: X39_MedSys_var_pain_ColorInversion (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overdose ChromAberration: X39_MedSys_var_pain_ChromAberration (default: true)
* MediKits now can be used up to 5 times (depending on the mediKit you take) [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=45 ]
* new classes:
- x39_medikit2
- x39_medikit3
- x39_medikit4
- x39_medikit5
* Bleeding now can knock you out (only when youre below the defined level)
* removed variable: X39_MedSys_Healing_MorphineValue
* added pain to game and gave morphine a use [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=25 ]
* new variable to change tickRate (min. time between ticks): X39_MedSys_var_TickRate (default: 0.25)
* new variable to (dis)allow bleeding: X39_MedSys_Bleeding_Allow (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Allow (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overlay indicator: X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableMorphineView (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow health overcharge when using morphine: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_AllowHealthOvercharge (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow healing when using morphine: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineAlsoHeals (default: true)
* new variable to change pain addition: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Modificator (default: 1)
* new variable to change morphine overdose reduction: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineEffectReducedPerTick (default: 0.001)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain blur: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain ColorCorrections: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_ColorCorrections (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain RedScreen: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_RedScreen (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain GreyScreen: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_GreyScreen (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overdose: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_AllowMorphineOverdoseEffect (default: true)
* new variable to change max morphine overdose: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MaxHealthOvercharge (default: 1)
* new variable to change morphine overdose effect manipulator: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_HealthOverchargeEffectManipulator (default: 1)
* new variable to (dis)allow blending of pain GreyScreen: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_GreyScreenManipulator (default: 1)
* new variable to change the max pain a player can receive (gets calculated to a percentual number): X39_MedSys_var_Pain_minPainToMaxPain (default: 10)
* new variable to change tickRate (min. time between ticks): X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MaxBlur (default: 1)
* removed function: X39_MedSys_fnc_runCamShakeThread
* removed function: X39_MedSys_fnc_runBleedingThread
* removed function: X39_MedSys_fnc_stopBleedingThread
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_runTickThread
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_registerNewTickHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_bleedingHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_tourniquetHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_painHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_setUnitPain
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_closeBlackOutDisplay
* updated userConfig to correct default value:
- enableOnAllMissions (true -> false)
* fixed "Captive after Respawn" [ http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=43 ]

In dev build, there seems to be no dialogue when checking myself or another unit. I'm not able to single out the issue.

In dev build, there seems to be no dialogue when checking myself or another unit. I'm not able to single out the issue.

devbuild is not part of the scope from this mod as there are various issues existing which need to be sorted out by BI

also i wont provide support for devBuild

sorry

autoapply to all missions (optional via userconfig)

It means MedSys could be applied to all missions (except if I change the userconfig not to)???? great!!!

Thank you very much for informing us about the updated release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi, thank you for the awesome mod, it is a real pleasure to have a good medical system in the game.

However, is there any chance that you make it work with Virtual Ammobox System? Being able to activate the mod on all missions via the userconfig is cool, but we can't have directly the items in-game, can we? I suppose we have to edit the mission and place a special box containing the mod's items, which is not convenient when you want to play a direct mission from the Workshop for exemple.

I have looked into a VAS box but I havent found any items related to your mod. I guess it is just not compatible or something, which is weird because I have alot of other mods and I can find all their items in a VAS box. Am I doing something wrong, or is it normal? If so, is there any chance you make it work together so we can directly have everything working in a mission without having to edit anything?

Thank you again for your work, and keep up the good work!

Hi, thank you for the awesome mod, it is a real pleasure to have a good medical system in the game.

However, is there any chance that you make it work with Virtual Ammobox System? Being able to activate the mod on all missions via the userconfig is cool, but we can't have directly the items in-game, can we? I suppose we have to edit the mission and place a special box containing the mod's items, which is not convenient when you want to play a direct mission from the Workshop for exemple.

I have looked into a VAS box but I havent found any items related to your mod. I guess it is just not compatible or something, which is weird because I have alot of other mods and I can find all their items in a VAS box. Am I doing something wrong, or is it normal? If so, is there any chance you make it work together so we can directly have everything working in a mission without having to edit anything?

Thank you again for your work, and keep up the good work!

They work with VAS if they are added manually through the VAS config in the VAS folder. however they appear to be regarded as weapon attachments....

A good work around is placing the XMedBox on the ground, and attaching the VAS script to that box.

They work with VAS if they are added manually through the VAS config in the VAS folder. however they appear to be regarded as weapon attachments....
A good work around is placing the XMedBox on the ground, and attaching the VAS script to that box.

Thank you for the answers, but like I thought, both of them implies editing. I guess I will place an XMedBox and then attach the VAS script for the moment. However, I hope X39 will add an official support for VAS, that would be really awesome!

Thank you for the answers, but like I thought, both of them implies editing. I guess I will place an XMedBox and then attach the VAS script for the moment. However, I hope X39 will add an official support for VAS, that would be really awesome!

as VAS is not my modification i cant fix anything

just the VAS author is capable to fix this at all or at least to say me how to create a fix which wont break all other missions without vas

Is there an easy way to remove First Aid Kits from all players and replace them with proper medical items, or shall I have to do this all manually?

Edit: Also, switched to stable and still getting no info after checking a unit or myself. Will further test.

Edited by Miyelsh

Is there an easy way to remove First Aid Kits from all players and replace them with proper medical items, or shall I have to do this all manually?

Edit: Also, switched to stable and still getting no info after checking a unit or myself. Will further test.

Yes you need to remove them by youself

For the missing ouput:

Check your userconfig file

At general the hint and/or the systemchat output method needs to be true or you wont get any output

what's the deal with the drag and carry system? it works okay on the BTK revive scripts but seems to be broken with X39 med?

please provide a RPT log

that error should not happen if your installations are not corrupted or another mod is overwriting everything

my fault. I didnt place the modul "require cba" first. with it no error appears.

X39, I´ve tried to use your medical system with all missions (enableOnAllMissions = true in the userconfig) but I had two problems:

1-) Except for the X39 medsys sample mission, all other missions only displayed selfcheck (the bots could heal themselves and other but I couldn´t help them) in the Medsys UI (the sample mission work alright, thou)

2-) Neither the respawn not the menu buttons work, so If I was injured and had no bot closeby, I had to wait for all my blood to drop out so I could respawn or quit the mission, which was fiercly annoying...

as a third problem, as I´ve changed the config to enableOnAllMissions = false; the vanilla medkit didn´t work in any mission, so I had to disable your mod on my launcher =/

I´m playing with lotsa mods, but mostly weapon mods, except for ZeusAI, Blastcore, Redfield´s Adjusted Damage (for 5.56 and 7.62mm) and JSRS, they doesn´t seem to conflict with your mod...

Hope to see your mod working fully with all missions, so we can appreciate your mod in the fullest lol ;)

cheers

what's the deal with the drag and carry system? it works okay on the BTK revive scripts but seems to be broken with X39 med?

Youre kidding right?

BTC and XMedSys are using different scripts for drag/carry

As those things are custom stuff (and i wont steal from other mods) they are working different also

Raise a bug if things are not working but i please you to differ between all mods/scripts

thx

X39

;2598898']X39' date=' I´ve tried to use your medical system with all missions (enableOnAllMissions = true in the userconfig) but I had two problems:

1-) Except for the X39 medsys sample mission, all other missions only displayed selfcheck (the bots could heal themselves and other but I couldn´t help them) in the Medsys UI (the sample mission work alright, thou)

2-) Neither the respawn not the menu buttons work, so If I was injured and had no bot closeby, I had to wait for all my blood to drop out so I could respawn or quit the mission, which was fiercly annoying...

as a third problem, as I´ve changed the config to enableOnAllMissions = false; the vanilla medkit didn´t work in any mission, so I had to disable your mod on my launcher =/

I´m playing with lotsa mods, but mostly weapon mods, except for ZeusAI, Blastcore, Redfield´s Adjusted Damage (for 5.56 and 7.62mm) and JSRS, they doesn´t seem to conflict with your mod...

Hope to see your mod working fully with all missions, so we can appreciate your mod in the fullest lol ;)

cheers[/quote']

if you could raise some bugs at http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?project=2 i would be happy (saves me work and helps me too)

1./2. should not happen and they are bugs

That XMedSys disables the default MedKits is not a bug

its a feature

you can choose between me not disable it (and you having strange things happening while using the mod when using the default medkits)

or me disabling it, you being able to play safe with XMedSys and being in need of disabling it when youre not using it for those medKit things (which still work as item! just not with selfHeal etc.)

something for you guys :F

87E17F21852D1EC154C4C278793DCD69B67AD26D

just think away the left and right thinies (the outer ones)

they are dummies for sub menu entries

coding for this thingy is not done yet so ...

will take a while

Edited by X39

I fixed my UI issue. I believe it was because of the old X39 userconfig folder. I deleted that and everything worked.

Is there a solution in planning for paratroopers? To jump from the sky needs the parachute the hole backpack slot. So its a bit hard for a medic, no room left for medic stuff. Yes i know, its not directly for your mod, all other medic systems (beside scripted ones) have this problem.

I like your medic system, its the best out there atm. would be cool to see more stuff where you need to decide what to do next. Not only (like ace did) click from top to bottom and your finished. A good medic should need experience in what he does to do it fast.

Cool UI teaser, X39. Can you widen stuff a little bit though? It may be easier to click on stuff when you're in a hurry.

Is there a solution in planning for paratroopers? To jump from the sky needs the parachute the hole backpack slot. So its a bit hard for a medic, no room left for medic stuff. Yes i know, its not directly for your mod, all other medic systems (beside scripted ones) have this problem.

I like your medic system, its the best out there atm. would be cool to see more stuff where you need to decide what to do next. Not only (like ace did) click from top to bottom and your finished. A good medic should need experience in what he does to do it fast.

currently? no

i could think about some sort of backpack parachute but ... thats something i need to inform myself first

Cool UI teaser, X39. Can you widen stuff a little bit though? It may be easier to click on stuff when you're in a hurry.

If i do depends on what im able to realize till the release

the plan is that it works partly like BF (as i cant hide the mouse its not exactly the same ... but ... its close hopefully) the quickMenu

if i dont get it till release

it will be larger :F

dont worry ^^

We did some multiplayer testing last night and found a few things;

Explosion damage - if you are taken out by an explosion (we were approximately 20M from a suicide bomber) it can take as many as 10 Morephine to 'lower' your pain level! It also took an average 5 medpacks and about 6+ bandages to get people back up.

While I know in real life you'd be in hospital for a critical injury like a bomb it makes the medical system to item intensive to be practical. You basically have to pack 2/3 of your gear with medical equipment just to survive or continue a mission.

On the plus side; everyone really likes the 'pain' effect, though as I said, it took a lot of morphine to get rid of it (enough to kill a horse really).

I also don't seem to get the 'multiple' uses of the medpacks that others are talking about. I carried six with me and used them six times and they were gone. Does only the medic get the multiple use?

This is exactly why I suggested increasing the medikit effectiveness and and the morphine effectiveness, X39. See its not only me! :P

Serf, until X39 makes a decision on whether or not he wants to do that, I'd suggest putting these in your missions init.sqf and see if you guys like it:

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 3; // Default 1
X39_MedSys_BandageBleedingHeal = 2; // Default 1
X39_MedSys_Healing_MedKitValue = 5; // Default ?

We're still playing around with it, but we seem to like those settings a LOT more than default. Be careful with the morphine number - the effect severely messes with your sway. Or so we've noticed so far.

And you have to actually use the Medikit that says 5 person use, etc. Hold your cursor over it and it's little description will let ya know.

Hey there

Thx for the feedback but balancing is not target of currents releases

If more think that those def. Values are better

I will change them to be the default