sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

You can disablee the bleedout part

The people who dont get an output of the mod should check the following entries in the userconfig file:

x39_settings-->general-->outputMessagesAsHint

x39_settings-->general-->outputMessagesAsSystemMessage

one of theese need to be true

or you wont get any output

Okay. I need to be sure about the bleeding and bleedout. Bleedout is that wich makes you respawn right, the bleeding is what you can treat with bandages? If I modify "X39_MedSys_Bleeding_BloodLossPerTickModificat or" what do i need to write in it, so i only stop people from dying complete a.k.a bleeding out, and still keep the bleeding for treatment?

We also had an issue with badly hurt and not being able to make that status go away. Dedicated MP 30+ players. We tested medsys by shooting a player in the butt with a .45 pistol. Some players collapsed and broke their legs, got deadly hurt, others only light hurt an bleeding..

Second, the morphine effects kicked in for some players on the fist administration of morphine.

Two feature requests:

1) Showing the name in the hint, of the person you are treating, because sometimes when many players are close to each other you can treat the wrong person by accident.

2) Add a function that requires a player to actively accept/deny morphine when a player is awake... Yesterday i sneaked up on a guy and administered seven morphine in a guy before he had time to react and move away. His screen looked funny after that :P

Serf, glad you also encountered the hurt to non-hurt issue Ive been reporting. Also, the burning vehicle issue - are you guys also running Blastcore? We may have experienced that as well on our end. Not sure if BC is the culprit though.

Some of us are running BC, but not all of us.

Well, I encountered the problem with the hurt-status too in the current dev-Version. Shot the NPC in the show mission (coming with the mod) and couldn't clear the Deadly Hurt status afterwards. Everything else was curable, but even after 10 Medkits nothing changed for the status.

I used Blastcore too.

And another bug from version 0.1.2 I encountered with 2 other people:

after a certain time we just didn't consume bandages anymore, even when using the "bandage"-option while healing someone. I could even bandage (and stop bleedings!) when I hadn't bandages in my inventory. This effect appeared to all three of us - but we couldn't reproduce the bug. Also, this appeared once before in version 0.7.x (don't know the exact number anymore), then too without a remarkable explanation (so to speak: out of the blue).

Otherwise a fine mod :) Thanks!

X39, I cleaned up and clarified my above post. I hope it makes it easier to read/understand. You're doing a great job so far. Keep it up.

And, I'm still not convinced that X39 is the culprit of the very big burn radius. I could be wrong, but something tells me its Blastcore. I guess we'd have to hear from X39 on that one, although there may be something BC altered that effected the XMedSys unknowingly.

Hey, thanks for the work X39.

I just wanted to report, that I get a "No entry"-message with version 0.1.2 beta.

It says 'No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/x39_MedSys_Module_BasicModule/Arguments/DialogOptions-EnableHealthView/values/opt_true.default'

Can you tell me what's it about? Is it a little bug or may I did something wrong? Thanks!

Where you get this issue? in RPT log? (could be possible as i never checked the result of trying to enable variable usage at the module (i failed there till now -.-*))

At training tonight we had major problems with getting people from deadly hurt to non-injured. We also discovered that we could be killed by burning vehicles up to 100+M away! My entire squad was killed by vehicles on fire on the other side of a wall 100M away. Not sure if this is an Xmed problem or just something new - but it really was a problem.

The mod uses the "HandleDamage" event handler of ArmA itself

meaning

if BC or the fire triggers the EH (EventHandler) then this happens

you or me (will take for me ages as i gut much stuff in RL too currently to do : / (holidays are over D:) + the dev. of the mod) should check on this more deep and report to the corresponding tracker

For the non-Hurt issue

i have no idea how that happens currently (as i never was able to reproduce)

Okay. I need to be sure about the bleeding and bleedout. Bleedout is that wich makes you respawn right, the bleeding is what you can treat with bandages? If I modify "X39_MedSys_Bleeding_BloodLossPerTickModificat or" what do i need to write in it, so i only stop people from dying complete a.k.a bleeding out, and still keep the bleeding for treatment?

"X39_MedSys_Bleeding_BloodLossPerTickModificat" is the right modificator for the bleedout

it is simply multiplied

so if you enter a 0 you will loose X * 0 blood per second

We also had an issue with badly hurt and not being able to make that status go away. Dedicated MP 30+ players. We tested medsys by shooting a player in the butt with a .45 pistol. Some players collapsed and broke their legs, got deadly hurt, others only light hurt an bleeding..

Second, the morphine effects kicked in for some players on the fist administration of morphine.

Two feature requests:

1) Showing the name in the hint, of the person you are treating, because sometimes when many players are close to each other you can treat the wrong person by accident.

2) Add a function that requires a player to actively accept/deny morphine when a player is awake... Yesterday i sneaked up on a guy and administered seven morphine in a guy before he had time to react and move away. His screen looked funny after that :P

for the first part you should blame Bohemia :F

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16460

cant do anything to fix that

for the second part

this depends on the current morphine value

per default a morphine adds -1 pain to the player

the max/min is 10

so at 10 you will have max hurt and at -10 you will have the max overdose effect

Its an easy calculation which happens in the back so when the effect applies at the first morphine

its correct (you should not take morphine when youre not hurt or a junky :F) but it should not be that extreme :F

for both feature requests

Please post them at our feedback tracker as i cant take care of all feature requests here and you guys need to start shifting to there for bugs/feature requests

Well, I encountered the problem with the hurt-status too in the current dev-Version. Shot the NPC in the show mission (coming with the mod) and couldn't clear the Deadly Hurt status afterwards. Everything else was curable, but even after 10 Medkits nothing changed for the status.

I used Blastcore too.

And another bug from version 0.1.2 I encountered with 2 other people:

after a certain time we just didn't consume bandages anymore, even when using the "bandage"-option while healing someone. I could even bandage (and stop bleedings!) when I hadn't bandages in my inventory. This effect appeared to all three of us - but we couldn't reproduce the bug. Also, this appeared once before in version 0.7.x (don't know the exact number anymore), then too without a remarkable explanation (so to speak: out of the blue).

Otherwise a fine mod :) Thanks!

first bug

see comments above

second

should not happen

there is no limit and the routine is always the same

please provide RPT logs of those sessions

X39, more feedback for you.

1. Medikits should be used 5 times, not consumed on single use. IRL, there are multiple items in each medikit for reusability. (We thought 5 would be an appropriate number based on the amount of 'stuff' you can put into an IRL medikit and balancing out some effective gameplay tests and based on it's in-game weight. The point being, it should be reusable up to a certain amount.)
  2. We still run into the same problem when us being hurt and not being able to clear that status. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can go through 4 medikits and everything else and it wont change. Edit: and were not the only ones apparently from below.
  3. One or two morphine should be good enough to treat patients. We had someone's pain modifier get all the way up to 7 and had to issue 7 morphine to compensate without any repercussion. You may want to double or triple their effectiveness, as 7 morphine would presumably kill anyone IRL. (Would like a real EMT to chime in if we have one lurking)
  4. The AED/Defib should be increased in weight. Almost to the point where they are a bit impractical for a real combat medic to bring in the field with them - they should prefer to use Epipens because they're lighter weight - there's no point for epipens because of how light the defib is and that its NOT consumed on use AND how its effective 100% in our testing.
  5. I used the epipen on injured people 3 to 4 times last night and only did it take effect once or twice. Should this be that way? I believe should be more effective than that - its pure adrenaline as far as I know and should be almost as effective as a defib.
  6. Do you plan to add an epipen adrenaline ppEffect? Would be interesting to see since you did it with the morphine - it should however, make you almost improved in combat as its adrenaline - maybe a slight color change without any blurry effect.
  7. Is it possible to increase the amount of damage someone takes before they go down? It's almost instantaneously that someone is incapacitated with a bleed timer when shot. With the AI accuracy and other issues with AI and the personal armor issues in game - it'd make sense to compensate to give the player somewhat of a chance when in a firefight. I'd recommend increasing the damage threshold in the vanilla mod but would also like to know if there's a variable to set to change this.
  8. And is it possible to make the AI at the very least bleed out/go incap - possibly with an animation? This is more of a feature request than anything else really. Would be nice to see.
  9. In the bleedout countdown sometimes people just... respawn 1/3rd of the way down their timer (based on severity of wounds received?). Is this by purpose? Is it possible to make the countdown timer actually reflect the severity of the wound?
  10. How about adding a CPR option to a player who is with a bleedout timer to increase the timeout. But more importantly, it may be wise to have that timer reflect the damage received on an injured player.

1. Im not sure if it is possible to assign an item some special data to do like so (so far i saw from acre it is not ...) it would be possible but as it is a feature request i please you to post it to the feedbacktracker
  2. See top comments: known issue but cant reproduce somehow (thats why you added me :F so i hopefully can see the issue)
  3. You can modify this by yourself editing the following variable: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue (default: 1)
  4. There was a community vote which decided to make the mass smaller so ... no : / sry ( i can start a new vote but im not sure if the result will change)
  5. epi is not reviving you! Epi is only bringing you back from knockedOut state (not from dead state) you can see the difference when checking the messages (deadly hurt = defi needed)
  6. There are plans for further usage of epi but i just dont got enough time for doing the thoughts about this :F
  7. The damage should be the same per default like you receive in ArmA origin ^^ (the used event handler should act like this ... but yeah SHOULD) if you dont like the current health values then you also can edit the following variables to change it:
    X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageMultiplicator
    X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut
    X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut
    X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead

the the devReadMe about more info from this

8. Not sure what you want to say with this
  9. Please create a ticket in the feedbacktracker for this
  10. again: feedbacktracker

needed to wait till im back at home ... stop writing that much guys XD cant write that much with my mobilephone : / (this was written on PC)

X39

Point 8: he means basically that AI should be able to bleed out too.

they got the same conditions attached like the players

the only thing that currently is not happening is that the AI is disabled)

Where you get this issue? in RPT log? (could be possible as i never checked the result of trying to enable variable usage at the module (i failed there till now -.-*))

I first got it when I joined our clan server. There's a mission uploaded using your XMedSys. The error message shows up when the mission is loading (after the lobby).

I created an empty map in the editor and selected modules (F7). As soon as I select the xMed-Module from the list the error message shows up.

'No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/x39_MedSys_Module_BasicModule/Arguments/DialogOptions-EnableHealthView/values/opt_true.default'

I first got it when I joined our clan server. There's a mission uploaded using your XMedSys. The error message shows up when the mission is loading (after the lobby).

I created an empty map in the editor and selected modules (F7). As soon as I select the xMed-Module from the list the error message shows up.

'No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/x39_MedSys_Module_BasicModule/Arguments/DialogOptions-EnableHealthView/values/opt_true.default'

cant reproduce

reinstall

maybe something moved wrong there

We did some tests today with Blastcore disabled. It seems under 30m you take damage that gets greater the closer you get to the burning vehicle. You can see the cross go from green to yellow. It seems the closer you are to the burning vehicle, the faster you go down. 30m may or may not be magic number for taking damage from a burning vehicle. The only thing is, other than looking at the health cross, you have no idea you're taking damage until it's too late and you're dead. Maybe some other visual indication you're taking fire damage as in a game, you can't tell you're burning.

Yep it seems to be a huge fire damage area. I was on the other side of a building from a burning transport truck - saw my cross going yellow so I ran away - then I dropped about 3 seconds later. I was able to be revived by 2 bandages, a medpack and a defibrillator. I then used Mophine to get back to full health.

Curious - have you tried to see if the radius was bigger with BC enabled?

X39, what are the current default values for:

And for X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death, the time is in seconds - correct?

... it may be very helpful for future users to see all the default values in your devReadMe.

Lastly, all these go into the missions init.sqf, correct?

Edited by SpectreRSG

We did some tests today with Blastcore disabled. It seems under 30m you take damage that gets greater the closer you get to the burning vehicle. You can see the cross go from green to yellow. It seems the closer you are to the burning vehicle, the faster you go down. 30m may or may not be magic number for taking damage from a burning vehicle. The only thing is, other than looking at the health cross, you have no idea you're taking damage until it's too late and you're dead. Maybe some other visual indication you're taking fire damage as in a game, you can't tell you're burning.
Yep it seems to be a huge fire damage area. I was on the other side of a building from a burning transport truck - saw my cross going yellow so I ran away - then I dropped about 3 seconds later. I was able to be revived by 2 bandages, a medpack and a defibrillator. I then used Mophine to get back to full health.

Its ArmAs fault more or less

The range is equal to that one of ArmA (got no BC installed so i cant test it)

I also cant add an indication for fire hurtness as in theory youre not burning

instead arma just triggers the eventhandler i catch ("HandleDamage") because you take heat damage

so the only solution is

stay away from fire

or say to those arma guys that they shall make the distance fire is able to affect your HP smaller :F (also was not able to mention the hp drop untill i got to close (~8m) to the wreck so ...)

Curious - have you tried to see if the radius was bigger with BC enabled?

X39, what are the current default values for:

And for X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death, the time is in seconds - correct?

... it may be very helpful for future users to see all the default values in your devReadMe.

Lastly, all these go into the missions init.sqf, correct?

X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageMultiplicator = 1;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut = 1;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut = 1.5;
X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead = 2;

and yes

time is in seconds (default 600)

i havent added the defaults because they can change in future updates and they are just a way to easy to get (Debug console --> Watch: --> enter any variable and see the result ^^ when nothing changes them (blank mission with module only) you got the default ones)

you can put them at any place to get those variables broadcasted to all players

(you also can execute them on the server only and publish them with publicVariable or change them during a mission (again broadcast with publicVariable is required to get all clients in sync!))

Edited by X39

my problem with the fire damage is that in real life I would 'feel' the damage and move away. In arma I have no warning (in the case of the burning truck I could only see some smoke on the other side of a building) and had no way to know that the damage would occur that far from the vehicle.

Is there some way to turn the even handler down to about .25 of this? Really you should be able to move on the opposite side of a building and not be burned to a crisp by a vehicle that has been 'burning' for 5 minutes or so.

my problem with the fire damage is that in real life I would 'feel' the damage and move away. In arma I have no warning (in the case of the burning truck I could only see some smoke on the other side of a building) and had no way to know that the damage would occur that far from the vehicle.

Is there some way to turn the even handler down to about .25 of this? Really you should be able to move on the opposite side of a building and not be burned to a crisp by a vehicle that has been 'burning' for 5 minutes or so.

just need to repeat myself

talk to arma devs because of the HandleDamage event handler and fire ^^

why can I not press the respawn button during death -aka- knockout? The mod works great, but having to wait 10+ minutes for help sucks.

While testing my server and playing alone I hate restarting arma just to go back to the editor.

just need to repeat myself

talk to arma devs because of the HandleDamage event handler and fire ^^

Sorry X39 my point is without the mod I can approach fires within 'touching' distance and not get burned. With XmedSys I get fried even through buildings if within 30M. Yes, its BIS who sets the HandleDamage event handler but maybe there is a way to 'turn it down' a bit with Xmed. Otherwise anytime we destroy a vehicle we'll have to go very far out of our way to avoid it. Or worse, if your vehicle gets hit and you jump out and run - you'll still be dead due to the 'fire' damage effect.

These aren't things that happen with vanilla, but seem magnified with Xmed.

@Blackbeard06 - put this in your missions init;

//xmed timout

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 5;

--- no idea why but it puts a space between the t and the h in Death = 5 ----

Edited by 7th_Serf

Sorry X39 my point is without the mod I can approach fires within 'touching' distance and not get burned. With XmedSys I get fried even through buildings if within 30M. Yes, its BIS who sets the HandleDamage event handler but maybe there is a way to 'turn it down' a bit with Xmed. Otherwise anytime we destroy a vehicle we'll have to go very far out of our way to avoid it. Or worse, if your vehicle gets hit and you jump out and run - you'll still be dead due to the 'fire' damage effect.

These aren't things that happen with vanilla, but seem magnified with Xmed.

@Blackbeard06 - put this in your missions init;

//xmed timout

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 5;

as told

im not able to reproduce it in a range of 30 m

it starts to reduce HP at about 8m away from a fire which is pretty realistic (as its just removing ~0.00001 per second) and gets higher as closer you get to the fire (up to ~1 per second)

so

nope

no issue with my mod or with the handler if you got 30m fire range (tested it today and now a second time)

Second inDev Release of 0.1.3 beta

ChangeLog

* XMedSys menu now outputs unit name too
* Check unit now also outputs the unit name
* new ppEffect for morphine overdose
* seperated pain and damage messages of check unit
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overdose ColorInversion: X39_MedSys_var_pain_ColorInversion (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overdose ChromAberration: X39_MedSys_var_pain_ChromAberration (default: true)
* MediKits now can be used up to 5 times (depending on the mediKit you take)
* new classes:
- x39_medikit2
- x39_medikit3
- x39_medikit4
- x39_medikit5

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ra34rscqcpuuiu/XMedSys_0.1.3_BETA_DEV-RELEASE_2.zip

Please mention

this is NOT AN official release and its not recommended to use this one!

It is for testing purpose only again!

Thx for your help

X39

(the lightly hurt thingy is fixed ^^ it was the problem that pain + health was added together wich results in you getting hurt = hp + pain drop, medkit etc. heals hp but not pain = youre still lightly hurt)

Edited by X39

We're still having issues clearing the new, 'Target feels kinda weird' status. Did everything under the sun to clear it too, and nothing made it go away. I know we spoke about it today, thought it had been fixed in this dev version.

Also, only thing I'd suggest is excluding the medikit2 -> 4, just leave the medikit5 and make it the weight of 3 medikits. Right now there's no point in the new ones because they weigh the same as the single medikits. The new items dont have a point at the moment because there's nothing different about them. There should be some benefit to use the reusable medikits. Ideally, IMHO, you should only have the reuseable medikit5 and have it weight the same as 3 current single ones.

Is there a way to check the morphine level of an individual? Maybe you can make it list it when you check a patient in general? Check a patient it tells you what his current condition is and how many epipen and morphine

Carrying someone, the animations are all weird and slow. And when you finally can move while 'carrying' someone, it looks like this (warning steam screenshot)

New morphine effects are good. Lol.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Placing XMed modul in editor gets me an error:

xmederrorjws92.jpg

I get this one also when i join this mission on dedi.

Yes, that's exactly the error message I get.

I downloaded v.0.1.2b again today and reinstalled it like you told me, but that didn't fix it.

Regards

Yes, that's exactly the error message I get.

I downloaded v.0.1.2b again today and reinstalled it like you told me, but that didn't fix it.

Regards

Placing XMed modul in editor gets me an error:

http://abload.de/img/xmederrorjws92.jpg

I get this one also when i join this mission on dedi.

please provide a RPT log

that error should not happen if your installations are not corrupted or another mod is overwriting everything

We're still having issues clearing the new, 'Target feels kinda weird' status. Did everything under the sun to clear it too, and nothing made it go away. I know we spoke about it today, thought it had been fixed in this dev version.

Also, only thing I'd suggest is excluding the medikit2 -> 4, just leave the medikit5 and make it the weight of 3 medikits. Right now there's no point in the new ones because they weigh the same as the single medikits. The new items dont have a point at the moment because there's nothing different about them. There should be some benefit to use the reusable medikits. Ideally, IMHO, you should only have the reuseable medikit5 and have it weight the same as 3 current single ones.

Is there a way to check the morphine level of an individual? Maybe you can make it list it when you check a patient in general? Check a patient it tells you what his current condition is and how many epipen and morphine

Carrying someone, the animations are all weird and slow. And when you finally can move while 'carrying' someone, it looks like this (warning steam screenshot)

New morphine effects are good. Lol.

comes from a currently stupid implementation of the morphine update tick (at the end you will have a pain value of about 0,00XXXXXXXXX which makes the system think you got hit and through that pain :F)

The morphine is outputed like everything else as message

it could be a thought to make a "output real values at check unit" variable to make these messages optional but ... i need to think about that then first ^^

Edited by X39

I really think this mod could do with some max values. If someone goes down due to a ton of damage, you're gonna have to spend several minutes just jabbing him with syringe after syringe after syringe.