sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

-vote is closed (since 4h or something like that but dont found the time to post this till now ^^)-

The morphine implementation won

So something about the current progress?

well

the implementation is done :F just testing is left (which should consume only another day) so be happy that another update is following soon

X39

----------edit----------

created a small InDev release for you guys:

0.1.3 BETA INDEV-RELEASE

The following things need to be tested as they changed:

- Bleeding

- Tourniquet

- Everything what has to do with damage

the rest is pretty easy:

Test the new morphine implementation and give feedback

Changelog till now:

0.1.3 BETA DEV-RELEASE
* Bleeding now can knock you out (only when youre below the defined level)
* removed variable: X39_MedSys_Healing_MorphineValue
* new variable to change tickRate (min. time between ticks): X39_MedSys_var_TickRate (default: 0.25)
* new variable to (dis)allow bleeding: X39_MedSys_Bleeding_Allow (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Allow (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overlay indicator: X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableMorphineView (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow health overcharge when using morphine: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_AllowHealthOvercharge (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow healing when using morphine: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineAlsoHeals (default: true)
* new variable to change pain addition: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Modificator (default: 1)
* new variable to change morphine overdose reduction: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineEffectReducedPerTick (default: 0.001)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain blur: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_Blur (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain ColorCorrections: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_ColorCorrections (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain RedScreen: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_RedScreen (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow pain GreyScreen: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_GreyScreen (default: true)
* new variable to (dis)allow morphine overdose: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_AllowMorphineOverdoseEffect (default: true)
* new variable to change max morphine overdose: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MaxHealthOvercharge (default: 1)
* new variable to change morphine overdose effect manipulator: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_HealthOverchargeEffectManipulator (default: 1)
* new variable to (dis)allow blending of pain GreyScreen: X39_MedSys_var_Pain_GreyScreenManipulator (default: 1)
* new variable to change the max pain a player can receive (gets calculated to a percentual number): X39_MedSys_var_Pain_minPainToMaxPain (default: 10)
* new variable to change tickRate (min. time between ticks): X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MaxBlur (default: 1)
* removed function: X39_MedSys_fnc_runCamShakeThread
* removed function: X39_MedSys_fnc_runBleedingThread
* removed function: X39_MedSys_fnc_stopBleedingThread
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_runTickThread
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_registerNewTickHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_bleedingHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_tourniquetHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_painHandler
* added function: X39_MedSys_fnc_setUnitPain
* updated userConfig to correct default value:
- enableOnAllMissions	(true -> false)
* fixed "Captive after Respawn" ( http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=43 ) 

Please remember

this release is InDev! Meaning that you could find bugs!

This release is mainly published for testing purpose

thx

X39

Edited by X39

Doing some dedicated testing of the mod today, X39. Not sure what would cause that to be honest. I'll edit this post if we find anything else.

• So far we've noticed that your medical items dont show up in the VAS menu.
  • The respawn button the bottom left corner is a poor choice. Overlaps with the chatbox
  • Unable to click the respawn button, but I have a time left option.
  • I'm able to carry a perfectly fine person and with hilariously kinky results (link here, steam screenshot big file)
  • Please add more morphine overdose coloring and PP effects. It was awesome being on the verge of ODing but still being somewhat playable. Screw up the vision nice and good not just through coloring - add some actual distortion.

Thank you so much for this.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Great work :) Can i ask you a list with the names of the things you added in arma 3? or can you tell me where i can find one? For example the name of the bloodbag in the game...so i can put it directly in the equipments of players when i edit a mission without take it from the supply box :) thank you :)

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

solved...

just add x39_ before the name

"x39_BloodBag" ecc ecc ;)

Cant remember if there has been a solution to this. My clan played with Xmedsys for the first time last night. We ecountered something a bit annoying. When someone got shot, died, the Arma respawn count began. I would love if you got the choice, and wasnt forced to respawn. The Xmedsys timer hadn´t run down, it happend after a few seconds. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Doing some dedicated testing of the mod today, X39. Not sure what would cause that to be honest. I'll edit this post if we find anything else.

• So far we've noticed that your medical items dont show up in the VAS menu.
  • The respawn button the bottom left corner is a poor choice. Overlaps with the chatbox
  • Unable to click the respawn button, but I have a time left option.
  • I'm able to carry a perfectly fine person and with hilariously kinky results (link here, steam screenshot big file)

1. Its more or less a known issue

but as VAS is not my script its not my job to fix this ^^ sry

2. acknowledged

3. Please give more info about this as the respawn button gets available after a mission depending interval (or never if the mission creator wanted it like so)

4. Yep ... its not final implementation ^^ and there are many other things to do on this

but one question: how to reproduce?

Great work :) Can i ask you a list with the names of the things you added in arma 3? or can you tell me where i can find one? For example the name of the bloodbag in the game...so i can put it directly in the equipments of players when i edit a mission without take it from the supply box :) thank you :)

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

solved...

just add x39_ before the name

"x39_BloodBag" ecc ecc ;)

For the next time

you should take a look into the devReadMe.txt (file is shipped with every release) as there is no wiki currently

Cant remember if there has been a solution to this. My clan played with Xmedsys for the first time last night. We ecountered something a bit annoying. When someone got shot, died, the Arma respawn count began. I would love if you got the choice, and wasnt forced to respawn. The Xmedsys timer hadn´t run down, it happend after a few seconds. Does anyone know how to fix this?

the player who died was bleeding also

When you bleed out you cant be revived

no matter what you do ^^

In the current devRelease you can disable the bleeding (not the bleedout! GENERAL bleeding!) feature

to entirely disable the bleedout

you need to modify the "X39_MedSys_Bleeding_BloodLossPerTickModificator" variable (see devReadMe)

@All

I just need to please you again

Please ALWAYS report bugs at http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?project=2&do=index&switch=1

I will take care of them there and it is more easy for me to follow them

How to report a bug:

1. Register (click on login --> Register)

2. After you registered, login

3. click on AddTask and fill the required things in

At last for this post

i please you guys to create a good english (german, spanish, italian etc.) tutorial video and PN them to me

The reason for this is because i want to add a new file to the release zip which contains various tutorial videos about XMedSys

the current showed video is 1. in german (not usable for all languages sadly : /) 2. outdated

so we need new ones :F

also please tag all videos you create (and upload to the public on YouTube) using XMedSys with "XMedSys" to make it possible for all people to find them

thx

X39

Edited by X39

@X39 Many Thanks. Though i dont think we could live without the bleeding itself. To bad you cant disable the bleedout part only. We encounterede another problem today. Some of the players dont get the information in top right corner when doing a check on themselfes and others. We tried reinstalling userconfig and mod. Does anyone know a fix to this?

@X39 Many Thanks. Though i dont think we could live without the bleeding itself. To bad you cant disable the bleedout part only. We encounterede another problem today. Some of the players dont get the information in top right corner when doing a check on themselfes and others. We tried reinstalling userconfig and mod. Does anyone know a fix to this?

You can disablee the bleedout part

to entirely disable the bleedout

you need to modify the "X39_MedSys_Bleeding_BloodLossPerTickModificat or" variable (see devReadMe)

The people who dont get an output of the mod should check the following entries in the userconfig file:

x39_settings-->general-->outputMessagesAsHint

x39_settings-->general-->outputMessagesAsSystemMessage

one of theese need to be true

or you wont get any output

Would it be possible to add something similar than the prevtime command that was used in ACE? It allows you to set a time before a player is dying (once he's unconscious).

I also forgot to ask if we can disable those big icons on the right side of the screen (I like to keep my screen without too many informations)?

Good mod by the way, thank you for your works guys.

Edited by Papanowel

Would it be possible to add something similar than the prevtime command that was used in ACE? It allows you to set a time before a player is dying (once he's unconscious).

its already implemented X39_MedSys_LifeTime

this is where the difference starts

you can be knocked out forever

but dead only for the time given at "X39_MedSys_LifeTime"

if you die before the timer ran out

well

then your blood loss killed you before

see devReadMe.txt inside of the release.zip for more variables

(you also can disable the hud elements with those per mission, also possible per client config ^^)

Edited by X39

X39, been playing with it for a while with a bunch of us in our dedicated server - our ONLY issue thus far is the:

• Target is deadly hurt
  • Target is extremely hurt
  • Target is hurt
  • Target is lightly hurt

We can't figure out how to address these. We've treated a Deadly hurt with everything possible. Nothing. Lightly hurt took a bit to get cleared and we tried everything and we dont know what resolved it. Could you institute another item that could top off the health or allow the medikit to resolve this? I've had an entire squad get high on morphine and epi trying to resolve this.

This right now is our only concern besides the stuff in the previous post.

Edit: also, ran into this error too.

Edited by SpectreRSG

X39, been playing with it for a while with a bunch of us in our dedicated server - our ONLY issue thus far is the:

• Target is deadly hurt
  • Target is extremely hurt
  • Target is hurt
  • Target is lightly hurt

We can't figure out how to address these. We've treated a Deadly hurt with everything possible. Nothing. Lightly hurt took a bit to get cleared and we tried everything and we dont know what resolved it. Could you institute another item that could top off the health or allow the medikit to resolve this? I've had an entire squad get high on morphine and epi trying to resolve this.

This right now is our only concern besides the stuff in the previous post.

Edit: also, ran into this error too.

yeah the script error is a leftover from the changes

fixed in next devRelease

the rest of the post is not clear for me (or im not sure what you did Oo as i cant reproduce that im not able to heal myself with a medKit)

We don't want to use the default First Aid Kit or Medkit to heal ourselves back to 100%

When we get hurt, quite a few of us are running around with those status listed above. We treated ourselves with what should've been done and still end up with those statuses. We cant get rid of them. Essentially either make an item to treat those status messages, or make a current item treat those.

Spectre: there is a X39 medikit wich should help, although some times you need more than one to even get a deadly hurt soldier back to extremely hurt.

We exclusively used that medikit. I refer to the BI as a medkit and the X39 as the medIkit.

We exclusively used that medikit. I refer to the BI as a medkit and the X39 as the medIkit.

Just need to repeat myself

Cannot reproduce with the xmedsys medkit

Well, the medikit IS being consumed, but even for a Lightly hurt message, going through 5 or 6 medIkits, it never went away. Below there's 4 screenshots of the testing again.

I'm not using any altered variables or anything like that. We just can't fix those hurt status messages.

Here's a series of four screenshots of me using a medikit, checking him, medikit again, and the checking him again. Again I did this for two more times and it didn't go away.

[screenshots here]

Well, the medikit IS being consumed, but even for a Lightly hurt message, going through 5 or 6 medIkits, it never went away. Below there's 4 screenshots of the testing again.

I'm not using any altered variables or anything like that. We just can't fix those hurt status messages.

Here's a series of four screenshots of me using a medikit, checking him, medikit again, and the checking him again. Again I did this for two more times and it didn't go away.

[screenshots here]

was the behaviour the same in those versions before? or did it started with the dev release?

Did you gave yourself morphine? or you jumped directly at the beginning into that error?

We gave ourselves everything trying to get rid of it, even a medikit after you repeated yourself. We've never done a full scale MP dedicated test of this prior so all I can say is yes it's new to this version. I think it's less a bug but more of a design flaw. Could be wrong though.

We gave ourselves everything trying to get rid of it, even a medikit after you repeated yourself. We've never done a full scale MP dedicated test of this prior so all I can say is yes it's new to this version. I think it's less a bug but more of a design flaw. Could be wrong though.

nope

only can be a bug

but im still not able to reproduce

so please provide an exact way to reproduce

also please check the following variables before and after fixing yourself with a medikit

"X39_MedSys_UnitDamage", "X39_MedSys_Pain"

with 'player getVariable "VARIABLE"'

Hey, thanks for the work X39.

I just wanted to report, that I get a "No entry"-message with version 0.1.2 beta.

It says 'No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/x39_MedSys_Module_BasicModule/Arguments/DialogOptions-EnableHealthView/values/opt_true.default'

Can you tell me what's it about? Is it a little bug or may I did something wrong? Thanks!

X39, more feedback for you.

• Medikits should be used 5 times, not consumed on single use. IRL, there are multiple items in each medikit for reusability. (We thought 5 would be an appropriate number based on the amount of 'stuff' you can put into an IRL medikit and balancing out some effective gameplay tests and based on it's in-game weight. The point being, it should be reusable up to a certain amount.)
  • We still run into the same problem when us being hurt and not being able to clear that status. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can go through 4 medikits and everything else and it wont change. Edit: and were not the only ones apparently from below.
  • One or two morphine should be good enough to treat patients. We had someone's pain modifier get all the way up to 7 and had to issue 7 morphine to compensate without any repercussion. You may want to double or triple their effectiveness, as 7 morphine would presumably kill anyone IRL. (Would like a real EMT to chime in if we have one lurking)
  • The AED/Defib should be increased in weight. Almost to the point where they are a bit impractical for a real combat medic to bring in the field with them - they should prefer to use Epipens because they're lighter weight - there's no point for epipens because of how light the defib is and that its NOT consumed on use AND how its effective 100% in our testing.
  • I used the epipen on injured people 3 to 4 times last night and only did it take effect once or twice. Should this be that way? I believe should be more effective than that - its pure adrenaline as far as I know and should be almost as effective as a defib.
  • Do you plan to add an epipen adrenaline ppEffect? Would be interesting to see since you did it with the morphine - it should however, make you almost improved in combat as its adrenaline - maybe a slight color change without any blurry effect.
  • Is it possible to increase the amount of damage someone takes before they go down? It's almost instantaneously that someone is incapacitated with a bleed timer when shot. With the AI accuracy and other issues with AI and the personal armor issues in game - it'd make sense to compensate to give the player somewhat of a chance when in a firefight. I'd recommend increasing the damage threshold in the vanilla mod but would also like to know if there's a variable to set to change this.
  • And is it possible to make the AI at the very least bleed out/go incap - possibly with an animation? This is more of a feature request than anything else really. Would be nice to see.
  • In the bleedout countdown sometimes people just... respawn 1/3rd of the way down their timer (based on severity of wounds received?). Is this by purpose? Is it possible to make the countdown timer actually reflect the severity of the wound?
  • How about adding a CPR option to a player who is with a bleedout timer to increase the timeout. But more importantly, it may be wise to have that timer reflect the damage received on an injured player.

Edited by SpectreRSG

At training tonight we had major problems with getting people from deadly hurt to non-injured. We also discovered that we could be killed by burning vehicles up to 100+M away! My entire squad was killed by vehicles on fire on the other side of a wall 100M away. Not sure if this is an Xmed problem or just something new - but it really was a problem.

Serf, glad you also encountered the hurt to non-hurt issue Ive been reporting. Also, the burning vehicle issue - are you guys also running Blastcore? We may have experienced that as well on our end. Not sure if BC is the culprit though.