sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Specifically, setCaptive sets the Player to Side Civilian, which in ALiVE's case means the Player will no longer be able to access BLU/RED/GREENFOR Combat Support as it's restricts players to only using assets of their Side. Technically it's not broken, since the player could still call Civilian CS assets (if there were any on the map). We'll look into a workaround that enables shared assets or something similar.

However, that said if CS is staying 'broken' after the Player is revived from an 'unconscious' state, then they may not be returning to the BLU/RED/GREEN side correctly. Would be easy to check with the debug console.

Really impressive stuff so far with this mod X39!

X39 would it be possible to return the players side after he's revived?

Friz, if I understood you properly, that would fix it, yes?

Specifically, setCaptive sets the Player to Side Civilian, which in ALiVE's case means the Player will no longer be able to access BLU/RED/GREENFOR Combat Support as it's restricts players to only using assets of their Side. Technically it's not broken, since the player could still call Civilian CS assets (if there were any on the map). We'll look into a workaround that enables shared assets or something similar.

However, that said if CS is staying 'broken' after the Player is revived from an 'unconscious' state, then they may not be returning to the BLU/RED/GREEN side correctly. Would be easy to check with the debug console.

Really impressive stuff so far with this mod X39!

if you guys provide me the specific references i would need to check if Alive is running and how to change those changes that are broken

i also can do a fix in here

X39 would it be possible to return the players side after he's revived?

Friz, if I understood you properly, that would fix it, yes?

if arma is not doing it automaticly its a bug of arma if you mean the Alive thingy (not checked ALIVE yet as i dont got the time to see those vids and no headset currently ...) see the quote at the top of this post

I think we'd be going round in circles if you tried to change XMed to accommodate ALiVE tbh - feels a bit clunky! It's probably best we look at it from our side.

Worth checking to see if the Player side is returning properly after Revive though, cos that could be an awkward bug (whether it's a BIS one or otherwise).

Well I was bringing up more of an additional string of code after the player is revive to set his side back to whatever side he was originally on.

Unit setCaptive true turns the unit to Civilian.

Unit setCaptive false will make the unit join his own side again. If it does not then either ARMA or Alive is broken.

I have however seen that sometimes after unit respawn the unit remains captive!

when youre getting a bit creative youre alrdy able to disable the broken legs :F

X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageMultiplicator = 0; and everything will be like you expect

no broken legs

sadly i cant fix those things because the event handler of arma im using is broken (but others are too so ...)

meaning that the EventHandler needs to get fixed before you can rly use the broken legs feature at all ( http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16460 )

The SP should work at the end like the MP meaning that youre also should report those bugs at http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de at the XMedSys project

hope this feedback was what you expected

X39

Thank you, that is exactly the feedback I was hoping for. I feel a bit foolish now for not trying that myself before posting, as I was trying to do it through 'X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageBeforeProneOnly'. :confused:

Great mod and appreciate the help.

Easy way around the setcaptive stuff is for scripts reliant on the players side to instead use 'side group player' instead of 'side player' as group player always returns the REAL side of a unit regardless of captive state

Unit setCaptive true turns the unit to Civilian.

Unit setCaptive false will make the unit join his own side again. If it does not then either ARMA or Alive is broken.

I have however seen that sometimes after unit respawn the unit remains captive!

Hi,

Just as a headsup, ALiVE Combat support module checks for side of the player object. So if the player was captive he could only use civilian assets (of which we know how many of those are available in A3).

I changed that to check for the models side and not side player to avoid that (will be available in the ALiVE upcoming update).

However, "sometimes after unit respawn the unit remains captive" this would be an issue that isnt related to ALiVE, i suggest to replicate that and provide a sample mission for the mod author so he can take a look!

thanks!

Highhead

Hi,

Just as a headsup, ALiVE Combat support module checks for side of the player object. So if the player was captive he could only use civilian assets (of which we know how many of those are available in A3).

I changed that to check for the models side and not side player to avoid that (will be available in the ALiVE upcoming update).

However, "sometimes after unit respawn the unit remains captive" this would be an issue that isnt related to ALiVE, i suggest to replicate that and provide a sample mission for the mod author so he can take a look!

thanks!

Highhead

well i will be on that Capative thingy anyway

because if its true that a unit can remain capative then its an arma bug we need to report

see you after next update (XMedSys)

X39

No the issue of a unit remaining captive is a problem with XMedSys. The line that resets captive status (_unit setcaptive false) is not always done. It happened for us when a unit Died from headshots, and we had a 5 - 10 second respawn time set in description.ext.

if!(local _unit) then
{
_res = [_this, "X39_MedSys_fnc_knockOutUnit", _unit, false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP; 
}
else
{
_isUnitPlayer = (_unit == player);
if(_flag) then
{
	if(_unit getVariable "X39_MedSys_UnitKnockedOut") exitWith {};
	_actionToUse = "";
	if(_isDead) then
	{
		_actionToUse = "die";
	}
	else
	{
		_actionToUse = "unconscious";
	};
	DEBUG_LOG(_unit)
	DEBUG_LOG("knocking out unit")
	//if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	//{
	//	true call X39_MedSys_fnc_FadeToBlack;
	//};
	_unit allowDamage false;
	_unit setCaptive true;

_unit playActionNow _actionToUse;
	_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_UnitKnockedOut", true, true];
	if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	{
		_time call X39_MedSys_fnc_createBlackOutDisplay;
		//ctrlSetText [1000, "You are"];
		//ctrlSetText [1001, "Knocked out"];
	};
	if(vehicle _unit == _unit) then
	{
		_unit setVelocity [0,0,0];
		_unit setPos (position _unit);
		_unit setDir (direction _unit);
	}
} else {
	DEBUG_LOG("unknocking out unit")
	//if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	//{
	//	false call X39_MedSys_fnc_FadeToBlack;
	//};
	{
		_unit switchAction "down";
	};
	_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_UnitKnockedOut", false, true];
	if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	{
		closeDialog 30097;
	};
	_unit allowDamage true;
	[b]_unit setCaptive false;[/b] <--- THIS does not happen sometimes
};

No the issue of a unit remaining captive is a problem with XMedSys. The line that resets captive status (_unit setcaptive false) is not always done. It happened for us when a unit Died from headshots, and we had a 5 - 10 second respawn time set in description.ext.

if!(local _unit) then
{
_res = [_this, "X39_MedSys_fnc_knockOutUnit", _unit, false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP; 
}
else
{
_isUnitPlayer = (_unit == player);
if(_flag) then
{
	if(_unit getVariable "X39_MedSys_UnitKnockedOut") exitWith {};
	_actionToUse = "";
	if(_isDead) then
	{
		_actionToUse = "die";
	}
	else
	{
		_actionToUse = "unconscious";
	};
	DEBUG_LOG(_unit)
	DEBUG_LOG("knocking out unit")
	//if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	//{
	//	true call X39_MedSys_fnc_FadeToBlack;
	//};
	_unit allowDamage false;
	_unit setCaptive true;

_unit playActionNow _actionToUse;
	_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_UnitKnockedOut", true, true];
	if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	{
		_time call X39_MedSys_fnc_createBlackOutDisplay;
		//ctrlSetText [1000, "You are"];
		//ctrlSetText [1001, "Knocked out"];
	};
	{
		_unit setVelocity [0,0,0];
		_unit setPos (position _unit);
		_unit setDir (direction _unit);
	}
} else {
	DEBUG_LOG("unknocking out unit")
	//if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	//{
	//	false call X39_MedSys_fnc_FadeToBlack;
	//};
	{
	};
	_unit setVariable["X39_MedSys_UnitKnockedOut", false, true];
	if(_isUnitPlayer) then
	{
		closeDialog 30097;
	};
	_unit allowDamage true;
	[b]_unit setCaptive false;[/b] <--- THIS does not happen sometimes
};

the reset of that code is not executed when you die

meaning that it should happen everytime

also

when you die, you get transfered into a new unit which should not have the captive mode enabled (if respawn is enabled)

so

its an arma bug as its unexpected behaviour then

I can't get this to work. Added XMedSys and XEventSystem to my mod folder and command line, started it with the module in editor. I get the personal interaction menu but the "other" interaction menu just says examine, when I click on examine it says "examining" but that's it. What am I doing wrong?

I can't get this to work. Added XMedSys and XEventSystem to my mod folder and command line, started it with the module in editor. I get the personal interaction menu but the "other" interaction menu just says examine, when I click on examine it says "examining" but that's it. What am I doing wrong?

there is no examine option in XMedSys

please check that you really assigned the correct buttons and pressed the right ones

greets

X39

----------edit----------

last chance to vote http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52c6c17ae4b0ad0b0573f864

end of poll: 5.01.2014 ~24h GMT+1

Edited by X39

there is no examine option in XMedSys

please check that you really assigned the correct buttons and pressed the right ones

greets

X39

----------edit----------

last chance to vote http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52c6c17ae4b0ad0b0573f864

end of poll: 5.01.2014 ~24h GMT+1

Hey X39,

In Arma 3 config I assigned custom key #1 to the Delete key and #2 to the Left Windows button. Do I need to change something in the userconfig file as well?

nope you dont need to

but as i told

there is no "examine" option inside of the mod

also please ensure that both buttons are not assigned with a CTRL/ALT/Shift

are you using Zam_glasses?

no need to disable, but zam glasses uses the left windows key too, so both mods override each other

just assign another key to one of the two (i just used delete and insert for xmedSys, defining user actions is much easier than defining keys by number or DIK codes in the userconfig, and i am a lazy guy :D)

no need to disable, but zam glasses uses the left windows key too, so both mods override each other

just assign another key to one of the two (i just used delete and insert for xmedSys, defining user actions is much easier than defining keys by number or DIK codes in the userconfig, and i am a lazy guy :D)

Yeah, I tried it with Delete initially but it didn't work. I'll try a different key now.

Delete should work, don't forget that there are 2 keys to be defined ;) user1 and user2, and all these shift-alt-ctrl combos don't work.

Delete should work, don't forget that there are 2 keys to be defined ;) user1 and user2, and all these shift-alt-ctrl combos don't work.

OK, loaded vanilla A3 with just XEventSystem, CBA, and XMed....still no luck. Insert (personal interaction) works fine, but nothing works for the second (other) interaction menu. Tried it with Delete, App Menu, and Left Windows Keys assignment. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

did you test it in a multiplayer mission with a friend or the sample mission provided?

AI must be intialized separately, so just placing an AI on the map doesn't work, the XMedSys won't recognize him and therefor not show the menu

BTW, X39: we had a slight problem today as one player who was carrying another got shot he didn't release him, so the second player was still attached.