sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

In your example mission, the option to treat X class still appears on the wounded individual, UNTIL you stop his bleeding. Once the bleeding has stopped the option goes away. Meanwhile, with you have the treat X class action available, it shows the number of your XMed medical items in your inventory.

I have 8 items from your box, bandages, morphine, epi, medikit, etc and while the individual bleed I have the option to Treat X Class (8 FAKs).

Was this an oversight?

i changed the baseClass to default and tested it Oo

only could imagine that something moved wrong when i put the release together

i will check on that

thx for this

youre right

still not working Oo

strange thing as i checked on this before added it to changelog ...

well

i promise you

will be fixed in next patch ... ^^

It is fixed now + the normal FAK from arma also wont create a message anymore (i also can let it disappear if you guys want but all of theese changes are non optional as they require config changes)!

Edited by X39

@X39 is it a know bug that if you die in a building (floor or bottom) your corpse is on the ground below its foundation (hence you cant be healed)

@X39 is it a know bug that if you die in a building (floor or bottom) your corpse is on the ground below its foundation (hence you cant be healed)

its something you should report to BI as im just using playAction/switchAction for the animations ^^

the only thing i could try would be to add a small height to the player corpse when you die before the animation starts (but that also could lead into some unexpected behaviour)

Edited by X39

That's a strange behavior, using a playaction on a player make him fall though a building collision ? Can't test for now, but if you can try to getposasl before playing anim then, play the anim and setposasl ? Would it fixes that issue ?

That's a strange behavior, using a playaction on a player make him fall though a building collision ? Can't test for now, but if you can try to getposasl before playing anim then, play the anim and setposasl ? Would it fixes that issue ?

cant reproduce the fall through the building

can you provide a example building?

whooops

what happens when you forgot that you fixed small issues?

you forgot that you changed the position :F

so i will take care of it now

thx for the report (next time please report it on http://feedback.vbundeswehr.com )

Edited by X39

No problem, though I know a lot of people using your mod and being aware of that (critical) bug, but were too lazy to report it . . .

Trying to test this alongside ALIVE but I'm not having any luck getting this to run at all - running both @XmedSys and the eventsystem, defined custom keys 1 &2...but it's not even loading for me - nothing showing in game apart from the default BIS medical. Nothing in my rpt file to show for it either. Any hints?

Have you placed the module inside of the mission (or called the corresponding function anywhere)?

Hi bruh, first of all great job!! I love when this game gets more realistic and we need this kind of stuff. I have a question, is it compatible with "=BTC= Revive"? What will happen if I'm using this mod and playing a mission with that script too?

Hi bruh, first of all great job!! I love when this game gets more realistic and we need this kind of stuff. I have a question, is it compatible with "=BTC= Revive"? What will happen if I'm using this mod and playing a mission with that script too?

good question at all

in theory the following will happen:

in the primary position you will mention XMedSys until you die inside of there

after that you will get the default BTC handling

at all

you should stick to one script per mission (and yes it is possible to enable either BTC revive or XMedSys per script and mission parameter :F)

Have you placed the module inside of the mission (or called the corresponding function anywhere)?

Oh yeah, that might help - missed that one in the instructions somewhere. :o

Edit: yeah, can see why not being able to disable the BIS system is a bit of a show stopper for now, especially since every XMed item seems to register as an IFAK! Hope you can find a way to stop that soon.

Edited by friznit2

May i make a suggestion,

Quik Clot is a great tool that immediately stops 90% of bleeds. The down side being it literally cooks the wound to cauterize the bleeds.

Perhaps you could add quick clot as an item but not a magic fix. Since it does burn you maybe using quick clot would cause an increase in pain. So it would only be used in extreme cases and result in the required use of morphine to bring the wounded soldier to full health.

Just a thought

quikclot_700.jpg

I like that idea. Maybe as part of a soldier's personal first aid kit. But after using still treatment of a medic needed to stop the pain and bandage it propperly.

May i make a suggestion,

Quik Clot is a great tool that immediately stops 90% of bleeds. The down side being it literally cooks the wound to cauterize the bleeds.

Perhaps you could add quick clot as an item but not a magic fix. Since it does burn you maybe using quick clot would cause an increase in pain. So it would only be used in extreme cases and result in the required use of morphine to bring the wounded soldier to full health.

Just a thought

http://olive-drab.com/images/quikclot_700.jpg

before i can start thinking about things like pain i need to get rid of the current morphine implementation (still dont rly got an idea how to do that : /)

but i will add this to the feedback tracker (http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de you also can create tickets there ^^)

Hello again, X39, been doing alot of testing with this mod along with the missions I've made and have been very pleased with the results so far, even though this has all been done in SP. Now, I know and understand that you developed this mod for MP and have no intention of fixing SP issues or implementing it for SP at the moment, but I have a request if possible. I have noticed in my time playing with this, that nearly everytime I get done with a battle, over half of my squad is disabled with 'legs broken' and many times they glitch out and wont move anymore because of this. This can be a real mission-breaker, as it seems over 50% of units that get hurt or wounded end up with their legs broke.

Would it be possible to add a new variable that could be used in the mission init.sqf that could disable the 'legs broken' feature entirely, so that no units would ever become glitched out and unable to move? Something like: X39_MedSys_Legs_EnableBroken

That way a mission developer could choose to have that feature disabled if they wanted, especially if using the mod for SP. As I see it now, the mod works fine in SP other than this one issue, and I would really like to include this into my SP campaign as long as it isn't going to 'break' any missions due to unresponsive AI. Whatever choice you make, I appreciate all your hard work and really enjoy using this mod. Thanks.

... i need to get rid of the current morphine implementation ...

What do you mean with that? Like another solution / medication to treat pain in general?

Hello again, X39, been doing alot of testing with this mod along with the missions I've made and have been very pleased with the results so far, even though this has all been done in SP. Now, I know and understand that you developed this mod for MP and have no intention of fixing SP issues or implementing it for SP at the moment, but I have a request if possible. I have noticed in my time playing with this, that nearly everytime I get done with a battle, over half of my squad is disabled with 'legs broken' and many times they glitch out and wont move anymore because of this. This can be a real mission-breaker, as it seems over 50% of units that get hurt or wounded end up with their legs broke.

Would it be possible to add a new variable that could be used in the mission init.sqf that could disable the 'legs broken' feature entirely, so that no units would ever become glitched out and unable to move? Something like: X39_MedSys_Legs_EnableBroken

That way a mission developer could choose to have that feature disabled if they wanted, especially if using the mod for SP. As I see it now, the mod works fine in SP other than this one issue, and I would really like to include this into my SP campaign as long as it isn't going to 'break' any missions due to unresponsive AI. Whatever choice you make, I appreciate all your hard work and really enjoy using this mod. Thanks.

when youre getting a bit creative youre alrdy able to disable the broken legs :F

X39_MedSys_Legs_DamageMultiplicator = 0; and everything will be like you expect

no broken legs

sadly i cant fix those things because the event handler of arma im using is broken (but others are too so ...)

meaning that the EventHandler needs to get fixed before you can rly use the broken legs feature at all ( http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16460 )

The SP should work at the end like the MP meaning that youre also should report those bugs at http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de at the XMedSys project

hope this feedback was what you expected

X39

What do you mean with that? Like another solution / medication to treat pain in general?

yep

a way to let the player FEEL the pain ^^

To all:

here is a small poll about what should be done next:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52c6c17ae4b0ad0b0573f864

as i dont want to decide this on my own (because all of this will take longer then a week at all)

please vote and see what you want to be done ^^

X39

PS

Current changelog till now (not sure if i should push a release already but ... yeah well see by yourself)

* this time REALLY fixed XMedSys items (see 0.1.1BETA changelog)
* When using the addon you cant get the normal medical item message anymore (cant make this optional as this requires config changes)
* Reduced default BloodLoose modificator (because of the following ArmA bug: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16460) (2 -> 1)

ohh and the glitch through buildings thingy is also fixed hopefully (just had no time to test the fix yet)

Edited by X39

So to clarify, the download available includes the stuff in that changelog?

nope

its that whats currently on my harddrive

In your example mission, the option to treat X class still appears on the wounded individual, UNTIL you stop his bleeding. Once the bleeding has stopped the option goes away. Meanwhile, with you have the treat X class action available, it shows the number of your XMed medical items in your inventory.

I have 8 items from your box, bandages, morphine, epi, medikit, etc and while the individual bleed I have the option to Treat X Class (8 FAKs).

Was this an oversight?

I encounter exactly the same problem.

X39, if I may suggest that version be released (hotfix version)? If you solved the items being treated as FAKs, then this is a substantially more useable mod. I'd love to be able to see how this interacts with ALiVE

I encounter exactly the same problem.

Already said it was ^^

It is fixed in the devVersion on my local HD now (but this time it IS fixed :F)

X39, if I may suggest that version be released (hotfix version)? If you solved the items being treated as FAKs, then this is a substantially more useable mod. I'd love to be able to see how this interacts with ALiVE

well i think i will do like so

but first i need to implement something new to the userconfig first ^^

release will come soon!

Also X39, does your mod use setcaptive at all? Someone mentioned that it may mess with Alive.

Hi..

The live timer is gone somehow.

http://abload.de/image.php?img=arma32014-01-0318-04-65uj7.jpg

I got an idea to let the player "feel" the pain: how about adding some kind of blur and camshake to the injured player as long he is in pain and not treated?

it is not gone

youre just knocked out ^^ (you can be knocked out forever and knocked out != dead :F)

Thats more or less the current way how it is (when your HP is at a specific lvl and camShake is enabled then you will get the camShake ^^)

But its not that what i really want it to be as you dont rly feel the pain (and yes ... i know its a game and you will never feel the real pain ...)

the "test test" thingy is something i forgot to remove : / (already in current changelog on HD)

Also X39, does your mod use setcaptive at all? Someone mentioned that it may mess with Alive.

yes it does

as you wont be dead for ArmA (to prevent breaking the EventHandler of arma itself) im using setCapative to let the player "disappear" for the AI ^^

if thats true

then they need to fix it