sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

there are only PAA files for the items

please ask the developer of LEA about how to fix this (as im not the original creator of LEA)

LEA converts PAA files into PNG. But it seems to fail in converting Morphine and Epi files. Is it possible to get those to files from you, so I manually can put those pictures into LEA?

LEA converts PAA files into PNG. But it seems to fail in converting Morphine and Epi files. Is it possible to get those to files from you, so I manually can put those pictures into LEA?

extract them and do it by yourself

i wont upload theese pictures seperate for some external tools ^^

dePBO the resources part

and use texview2 to do so

extract them and do it by yourself

i wont upload theese pictures seperate for some external tools ^^

dePBO the resources part

and use texview2 to do so

Thanks though. Didnt know i could do that. Fixed my problem, and i´m now back to creating loadoutss. Many thanks for a cool mod X39

the bleedout is epic

i got hit by a quad wich was driving too fast and hit an earthbump, so he jumped me right in the face, injuring me so hard that i wasn't able to bandage me enough to stop my bleeding before i bled out.

great work, we love your mod.

the bleedout is epic

i got hit by a quad wich was driving too fast and hit an earthbump, so he jumped me right in the face, injuring me so hard that i wasn't able to bandage me enough to stop my bleeding before i bled out.

great work, we love your mod.

Next time

Use the tourniquet :F

* ^ext: you now can edit some more HUD things AllowHealthView

* ^ext: you now can edit some more HUD things AllowBoodView

* ^ext: you now can edit some more HUD things AllowLegView

* ^ext: you now can edit some more HUD things AllowTourniquetView

This is great but how do I force it off for all players?

My guess is in the userconfig file?

Next time

Use the tourniquet :F

Yeah, just place the tourniquet around the patient's throat, tighten, and apply bandage to wound. Should work just fine for you. BUT....please reply back on the final results. :)

My guess is in the userconfig file?

The userconfig says that is is local, unless overridden by server, so there should be a command for it :/

edit:

To remove the overlay globally, add this to your init.sqf:

X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableLegView = false;

X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableHealthView = false;

X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableBoodView = false;

Edited by Pellejones

X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableHealthView

X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableBoodView

X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableLegView

X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableTourniquetView

theese are the ones to force it ^^ (only disable is forceable)

Hey guys
First of all
Merry christmas ^^

I got some presents for you :F

XMedSys ALPHA 0.7.0 --> BETA 0.1.0
Yep
We reached BETA state :F

DOWNLOAD

this update brought new features to the userconfig file so please update it :F

Changelog
0.7.0 ALPHA --> 0.1.0 BETA
* Changed Following item mass values:
- x39_bandage (5 -> 10)
- x39_morphine (2 -> 4)
- x39_epinephrine (2 -> 4)
- x39_defibrillator (60 -> 50)
* X39_MedicBackPack now contains a different itemSet:
- 6|x39_bandage
- 3|x39_morphine
- 2|x39_epinephrine
- 1|x39_tourniquet
- 1|x39_bloodbag
- 1|x39_medikit
- 1|x39_defibrillator
* You now can pull units out of a vehicle
* You now can put units into a vehicle
* CamShake wont be carried over a death (sorry for this stupidness of mine ^^)
* new StringTable entry: STR_X39_MedSys__VehiclePut_Put
* new StringTable entry: STR_X39_MedSys__VehiclePut_IntoVehicle
* new StringTable entry: STR_X39_MedSys__VehiclePut_NoVehicleInRange
* new StringTable entry: STR_X39_MedSys__VehiclePut_VehicleIsFull
* Added XMedSys requirement: 'XEventSystem' (useCases will follow soon)
* new Variable to allow/disallow broken legs: X39_MedSys_Legs_AllowBrokenLegs (default: true)
* new HitZone usage: Head 
* new Variable for damageMultiplication on head: X39_MedSys_Head_DamageMultiplicator (default: 1)
* new Variable for setting HeadShot limit: X39_MedSys_Head_HeadShotDeathLimit (default: -1 (-1 = disabled)) //Experimental! Please test and give feedback about how well it works
* Now all IO with messages happens in the central new function X39_MedSys_fnc_OutputMessageToPlayer
* !updated userConfig file!
* ^ext: you now can set the output method by yourself with theeese UC entries:
		- outputMessagesAsHint				(default: true)
		- outputMessagesAsSystemMessage		(default: false)
* Fixed: Only one AI can be knocked out temporary (during that all other AIs cant be knockedOut/Killed)

for putting/pulling units into a vehicle you need to use the others interaction key on a vehicle

I hope you enjoy this update like me sharing it with you
X39

Thanks again for the headsup about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Merry Christmas X39.

Checked it all out, and it seems as if each medical item is inheriting a First Aid Kit (BIS Vanilla one). If you can stop the inheritance and create your own, it may get rid of the Treat X with First Aid Kit (#) action option.

Link to Inventory of 6 medical items in inventory only (Steam Screenshot, caution size)

Link to Action menu giving the same amount of FAK's which, aren't in my inventory, just your equipment. (Steam Screenshot, caution size)

I also noticed that you have to press Esc to get out of the dialogues. If I may recommend allowing the self and other interaction key to automatically close down the dialogue of one another. If I accidentally hit the Self interaction when I meant for Other interaction, I have to use Esc as a stop gap. It'd be nice to just hit the Other interaction key if that mistake is made, bypassing the Esc key. Further on this, if you could allow us to hit the same key again to close the dialogue that would be awesome too. EG) Press Other Interaction key, then his it again to close it. Basically anything you could do to eliminate the Esc key would be great.

Lastly, when checking a unit the error at the bottom of this (again caution size) screenshot occurs.

Edit: also is that gigantic respawn box a placeholder? It's huge and not easy on the eyes, lol.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Merry Christmas X39.

Checked it all out, and it seems as if each medical item is inheriting a First Aid Kit (BIS Vanilla one). If you can stop the inheritance and create your own, it may get rid of the Treat X with First Aid Kit (#) action option.

Link to Inventory of 6 medical items in inventory only (Steam Screenshot, caution size)

Link to Action menu giving the same amount of FAK's which, aren't in my inventory, just your equipment. (Steam Screenshot, caution size)

I also noticed that you have to press Esc to get out of the dialogues. If I may recommend allowing the self and other interaction key to automatically close down the dialogue of one another. If I accidentally hit the Self interaction when I meant for Other interaction, I have to use Esc as a stop gap. It'd be nice to just hit the Other interaction key if that mistake is made, bypassing the Esc key. Further on this, if you could allow us to hit the same key again to close the dialogue that would be awesome too. EG) Press Other Interaction key, then his it again to close it. Basically anything you could do to eliminate the Esc key would be great.

Lastly, when checking a unit the error at the bottom of this (again caution size) screenshot occurs.

Edit: also is that gigantic respawn box a placeholder? It's huge and not easy on the eyes, lol.

hey there

first of all: thx for the deep feedback

then i need to say

No im not inheriting from the FAKs instead im using ItemCore as base class (maybe there is also the key to solve the FAK issue :U i will check that later)

but i will hopefully get rid of this stupid bug there soon ^^

the ESC thingy already was mentioned and yes ... its pretty annoying but its just a very low priority till now as it was nothing like "ohh my god i need to press ESC to get out of the menu ... cant play with this mod" if you know what i mean :F

now as we reached beta state i can take care of such smaller design issues ^^ (no that does not means i will stop adding features to the mod ^^)

So will this change?

YES it will at some point

The "scalar should be string" issue will be fixed in next patch!

thx for reporting it

Yes and no ^^

the giant respawn box is not directly a placeholder

its more or less the current state of the knocked out screen

it could change if i got the time to think about a better concept of this (you could send some ideas to me if you want as i need to take every helping hand i can get :F)

hope i was able to give you a good feedback of your feedback on my mod of mine (yep ... somewhere i lost the writing skills today ... well its christmas :F)

X39

EDIT

Ohh

and just to let you know

The requirement (XEventSystem) is not yet a requirement ^^

there have been features inside but i removed them before the update to add them in a more thought way

Edited by X39

IMHO you should just make the respawn button smaller and not tied to the edge of the screen.

I've carried field dressings and they sure as heck aren't heavy (they seem to weigh as much as a 30rd magazine in game). They should weigh in about a 1/4 of that IMO. Basically these weights make it impossible for us Light Infantry types to operate (we carry all our gear into the field) - with 10+ mags, grenades, weapons, smokes and now very heavy FA gear - we simply can't move.

Or if we get into a single firefight and have a few injured we have to re-supply.

I've carried field dressings and they sure as heck aren't heavy (they seem to weigh as much as a 30rd magazine in game). They should weigh in about a 1/4 of that IMO. Basically these weights make it impossible for us Light Infantry types to operate (we carry all our gear into the field) - with 10+ mags, grenades, weapons, smokes and now very heavy FA gear - we simply can't move.

Or if we get into a single firefight and have a few injured we have to re-supply.

specify what exactly you think needs a rebalancing

also

you all need to make a move on this (as this is something i cant make vary : /)

Bandage weight poll

Morphine/Epinephrine weight poll

Defi weight poll

MediKit weight poll

not sure if i should add a poll for bloodbags and tourniquet too

ask me to do if you want to

hf voting

X39

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the way you handle the blackout "respawn" thing disables user input right? The problem with that is if something is buggy, you have to alt +f4 out of the game. ACE did not have this issue, probably thanks to CBA which has an rsctile function (i think?). Is this anything you have thought of fixing/tweaking?

And i also agree with the respawn button. it is huge and it sort of removes the game feeling.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the way you handle the blackout "respawn" thing disables user input right? The problem with that is if something is buggy, you have to alt +f4 out of the game. ACE did not have this issue, probably thanks to CBA which has an rsctile function (i think?). Is this anything you have thought of fixing/tweaking?

And i also agree with the respawn button. it is huge and it sort of removes the game feeling.

nope

there is no

disableUserInput inside of the game

it just catches the ESC button and prevents you from closing the respawn GUI

also it is not buggy anymore (update to latest version everytime a version gets out! its not final content you have here so fixes will be inside every version)

specify what exactly you think needs a rebalancing

also

you all need to make a move on this (as this is something i cant make vary : /)

Bandage weight poll

Morphine/Epinephrine weight poll

Defi weight poll

MediKit weight poll

not sure if i should add a poll for bloodbags and tourniquet too

ask me to do if you want to

hf voting

X39

Most medical supplies should be fairly small in terms of size and weight. Except for the Medkits, Bloodbags, and the Defiib. This will help most peoples game play in one of 2 ways. First it will give a dedicated medic/corpsman a role on the battlefield carrying more supplies and being able to bring people back up. The 2nd is so that the common soldier can at least stop the bleeding of his buddy who got shot next to him long enough for a medic to get to him. There are plenty of other items to fill up the inventory of the average grunt besides basic medical supplies. (Ammo, grenades, AT rounds, etc...) This is just my take on how I would run a mission.

[Don't get me wrong i understand why the values are so high to keep the average grunt from loading up on supplies.]

This is an outstanding mod. :) Thanks for making it. :)

nope

there is no

disableUserInput inside of the game

it just catches the ESC button and prevents you from closing the respawn GUI

also it is not buggy anymore (update to latest version everytime a version gets out! its not final content you have here so fixes will be inside every version)

Awesome :)

Hey there

i got a new mail and wanted to answer it here ...

I am not manipulating the respawn of ArmA itself in any way with this mod!

Meaning: if you disappear after respawn its not caused of my modification (because your character will be alive for the game all the time (when you got the blackScreen)! Even when youre knocked out youre still not dead for the game! if you dont believe me check the code or attach a respawn event handler on a unit ... I also never hide your unit in any way (the only thing what could happen would be that youre invicible or ignored by AI (both is not happening but thats everything i do for each knockOut "AllowDamage" + "SetCapative")

When you click on respawn i handle it like so that the game will take care of the rest

meaning

"unit setDamage 1;"

and its over

so

please stop sending messages about "my player respawns where he died" or "im not able to set a respawn marker like in BTC so how to set the respawn position"

and check out the BI WIKI: Description.ext

thx for reading

X39

We have tested this a lot on dedicated now :) it is awesome. Just upgraded to the 1.0 beta.

A few constructive comments!

1) The Respawn button. Make it about 1 cm high just above the Time Left. Also, please make it black instead of white, so that is is a bit hidden. That way it will still be there but not so game-breaking-looking :)

2) We do not really understand when we can press respawn or how to affect the timer. Since ESC is "locked" there is no way to exit the game or do anything while waiting. The timer just ticks down from 600 and when it reaches 300 it turns orange (and then you can press respawn). Is there a way to make it so that you can press esc and instead remove respawn from the menu add the option to punish people that press respawn on the original menu, before the respawn timer has passed the respawn-time-limit-thing (ACE does this)? Also, can I control how long the timer should be? And can I control when the respawn button becomes active?

Edited by Pellejones

2) We do not really understand when we can press respawn or how to affect the timer. Since ESC is "locked" there is no way to exit the game or do anything while waiting. The timer just ticks down from 600 and when it reaches 300 it turns orange (and then you can press respawn). Is there a way to make it so that you can press esc and instead remove respawn from the menu add the option to punish people that press respawn on the original menu, before the respawn timer has passed the respawn-time-limit-thing (ACE does this)? Also, can I control how long the timer should be? And can I control when the respawn button becomes active?

check the devReadMe

there are variables to manipulate when the respawn button is available (+ how long the time is you can be revived) [im not @home so i cant check by myself]

also

no

i cant punish people for using the real respawn (as my system is working not like in ace ^^)

im not controling the respawn itself as you wont rly die in my system

Also i dont think that its needed to have the esc. menu available (but it could get available over ESC in the future (im already working on this))