sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Really love it til now. Theres just one problem left.. During testing it occured that someone just died, so he respawned automatically. Is this normal? So you can just bleed to death if your injuries are to bad, or is it a bug? I hope its the later one.. :D

I've been trying to use this mod in conjunction with BTC revive. Specifically trying to utilize the respawn at base and mobile respawn features of that mod (While trying to disable it's revive options, which seems to be causing issue). Unfortunately it seems like while running the XMedSys the respawn dialogue dissapears. There are no error messages and I have very little experience dabbling with script. You wouldn't happen to know any glaring issues between the two mods that might be causing this, would you? Thanks!

I just got rid of the BTC revive and am now using a different system. That being said, I am now having some issues editing the variables of the mod itself for my mission.

I've tried putting this in the init.sqf, am I doing something wrong?

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 5;
X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout = 1;
X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableLegView = false;
X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableHealthView = false;
X39_MedSys_Display_Overlay_EnableBoodView = false;

tell me what you want to do and i can tell you whats correct

Really love it til now. Theres just one problem left.. During testing it occured that someone just died, so he respawned automatically. Is this normal? So you can just bleed to death if your injuries are to bad, or is it a bug? I hope its the later one.. :D
Its not a bug, its a feature!

When you bleed out

youre dead ^^

no point of return if your body has no blood left

you can change some mod internal variables to make this bleeding thingy last longer

tell me what you want to do and i can tell you whats correct

I am trying to get the respawn function to appear almost immediately as well as get rid of the medical icons on the right hand side. Thanks.

I am trying to get the respawn function to appear almost immediately as well as get rid of the medical icons on the right hand side. Thanks.

yes you did it correctly

but i broke the disable health/blood/... thingy in last patches

its already fixed on local branch (update will come in the next few days as i need to finally fix one thing before release)

It seems, unfortunately, the the respawn settings are not working either. At least, it's taking over 100 seconds still for the respawn option on death to show up. Not sure why this would be happening.

Edit: There seems to be a lot of strange stuff going on with the mod right now. I am trying to run an ALIVE mission. Currently all that is running on it is BTC Logistics, Mobile Supplies (Which allows for mobile respawn points), the Alive Modules, and the XMedsys. At first it seems like the xmedsys is functioning properly, but after a time it starts to act weird. Our players will actually die instead of being in the "surrender" state, which will send them back to the main spawn, but still stuck with the respawn dialogue for a certain time until they have to click it. Sometimes, when the xmedsys declares a player "dead" it will start the countdown function, as it normally should, but then the player will randomly respawn back at the main base - the countdown timer freezes and the person cannot do anything to get out of it other than forcing the game to shut down.

This isn't frustration or anything, just letting you know. I wish you luck with your mod, and it seems to be functioning fine on it's own when we aren't trying to use missions with respawn.

Edited by NuclearDruid

It seems, unfortunately, the the respawn settings are not working either. At least, it's taking over 100 seconds still for the respawn option on death to show up. Not sure why this would be happening.

Edit: There seems to be a lot of strange stuff going on with the mod right now. I am trying to run an ALIVE mission. Currently all that is running on it is BTC Logistics, Mobile Supplies (Which allows for mobile respawn points), the Alive Modules, and the XMedsys. At first it seems like the xmedsys is functioning properly, but after a time it starts to act weird. Our players will actually die instead of being in the "surrender" state, which will send them back to the main spawn, but still stuck with the respawn dialogue for a certain time until they have to click it. Sometimes, when the xmedsys declares a player "dead" it will start the countdown function, as it normally should, but then the player will randomly respawn back at the main base - the countdown timer freezes and the person cannot do anything to get out of it other than forcing the game to shut down.

This isn't frustration or anything, just letting you know. I wish you luck with your mod, and it seems to be functioning fine on it's own when we aren't trying to use missions with respawn.

yeah im working on the respawn part currently

in the next update there is already an important patch for this

but as told

i need to fix something different first

before the release (hope im able to release on wednesday)

also i plan to work at least 8 hours on monday next week on the mod (but planning is not made for reallife :F)

XMedSys 0.6.2 ALPHA

A Release with many important updates :F

to extend this release i please you ALL (and to the community managers or whatever you are in your group: tell them this! Its important)

to post the big bugs to the feedback tracker (http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/ registration required) or at least PN them to me! (also small bugs! but mark big important bugs first! As i want to move into beta stage next week)

I will take care about them on next monday/tuesday

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b3df70t68bp33xe/XMedSys_ALPHA_0.6.2.zip

Changelog:

0.6.2 ALPHA
* Fixed: KnockOut GUI wont close when respawn appeared before timer run out
* Fixed: You need to have a Tourniquet to remove a Tourniquet
* [url="http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?do=details&task_id=31&project=2"]Fixed: Units fall out of vehicle[/url]
* Fixed: Units get knockedOut when damaged too high and getting bandaged
* Fixed: CamShake is not working
* Fixed: Youre not able to disable the health/blood/... view by mission with the variables
* New Variable: X39_MedSys_Force_CamShake (boolean)
* new StringTable entry: STR_X39_MedSys__VehiclePull_Pull
* new StringTable entry: STR_X39_MedSys__VehiclePull_OutOfVehicle
* Added first hooks for pulling units out of a vehicle (use OthersAction menu on a vehicle and you will see an empty GUI appears (only empty when no units inside which are knocked out))
* Now using PlayAction instead of PlayMove (currently somehow without smooth transition)
* Shortened the KnockOutCheck value to 0.25

Edited by X39

Hello there!

Thanks for the kind christmas wishes! Eventhough i'm asking myself where you found our TS.. hm.. :D

Still lovin ur mod!

X39, any word on when you'll be able to disable the default 'Treat <class>' functionality?

It will comw as soon as i know how to disable it

But still was not able to : /

Well i fear i recognized a new (?) bug..even with full health i got that "shake cam" thingi. Thats really annoying and also..where the hell can i change the bleed-out-time? because we think that the medic has really no chance of healing two wounded soldiers without one bleeding to death...and do i need to change the mod on the server, or does everybody needs the changed mod?

AAAAAND, we personally think that some stuff is to heavyweightes..with the big carry all-backpack our medic couldn't take as much stuff as needed on the battlefield to heal 3-4 completly hurted soldiers..

Greetz, Don!

Well i fear i recognized a new (?) bug..even with full health i got that "shake cam" thingi. Thats really annoying and also..where the hell can i change the bleed-out-time? because we think that the medic has really no chance of healing two wounded soldiers without one bleeding to death...and do i need to change the mod on the server, or does everybody needs the changed mod?

AAAAAND, we personally think that some stuff is to heavyweightes..with the big carry all-backpack our medic couldn't take as much stuff as needed on the battlefield to heal 3-4 completly hurted soldiers..

Greetz, Don!

yeah the camShake thing was reported to me and is fixed (so it will be in next patch). Disable the feature inside of the userconfig till then (or stop respawning :F) or force it via the mission.

For the bleedout thing i please you to check the devReadMe next time. Then you would have known that there is no timer for this :F

isntead its some sort of counter.

the variables you may want to change at mission start would be:

X39_MedSys_Bleeding_BloodLossPerTickModificator - Multiplicator for bloodloss (calculated like so "damageReceived * Multiplicator")

X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartingBlood - Blood value you start with (also defines the MAX)

also you should put a tourniquet onto a bleeding soldier first so that he stops bleeding (you then got a chance to heal everyone)

the weight will be modified but not in a smaller direction! instead i will make the items mass higher

Current changelog for next patch:

* Changed Following item mass values:
- x39_bandage (5 -> 10)
- x39_morphine (2 -> 4)
- x39_epinephrine (2 -> 4)
- x39_defibrillator (60 -> 50)
* X39_MedicBackPack now contains a different itemSet:
- 6|x39_bandage
- 3|x39_morphine
- 2|x39_epinephrine
- 1|x39_tourniquet
- 1|x39_bloodbag
- 1|x39_medikit
- 1|x39_defibrillator
* You now can pull units out of a vehicle
* You now can put units into a vehicle
* CamShake wont be carried over a death (sorry for this stupidness of mine ^^)

Edited by X39

Current changelog for next patch:

* Changed Following item mass values:
- x39_bandage (5 -> 10)
- x39_morphine (2 -> 4)
- x39_epinephrine (2 -> 4)
- x39_defibrillator (60 -> 50)
* X39_MedicBackPack now contains a different itemSet:
- 6|x39_bandage
- 3|x39_morphine
- 2|x39_epinephrine
- 1|x39_tourniquet
- 1|x39_bloodbag
- 1|x39_medikit
- 1|x39_defibrillator
* You now can pull units out of a vehicle
* You now can put units into a vehicle
* CamShake wont be carried over a death (sorry for this stupidness of mine ^^)

Will that be so we cna change that our self.. for the medic gear allready puts alot of toll on our medics... if it will be "heavier" then we cant use it.. way too many people need to be carrying alot. Since there is so much needed to heal a man.

Will that be so we cna change that our self.. for the medic gear allready puts alot of toll on our medics... if it will be "heavier" then we cant use it.. way too many people need to be carrying alot. Since there is so much needed to heal a man.

The object mass for most of the items is far to low. A medic is meant to be able to stabilize a casualty in the field, not be a full blown walking hospital. With the current system I am able to carry the following.

1x M4

10x mags

10x Grenades

20x Bandages

15x Morphine

15x Epinephrine

4x Medikit

2x Bloodbag

That is far to much. A medic should not be carrying that much supplies on them. Instead of having a person act as a mule for medical supplies split it up among the team. 1x Medic and 1x combat life save is all you need to carry a good amount of medical supplies. If you run out then you should A. Call for a resupply, B. Stop getting shot. May I also recommend having each soldier carry some bandages so they can stop there own bleeding if still conscious.

First sorry for my low level of English, the latter would like to know how to do that on a mission when the doctor will cure 2 times without dying you can not come back at all thanks in advance and great job.

This looks like a great mod, I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet but I'm very excited to do so. I just want to first point out a mistake that has been made, and is commonly made outside of the medical community:

A bandage is not used to treat bleeding, that's the job of a dressing. Dressings go over the open wound, the bandage goes over the dressing to hold it in place. A combat dressing is a dressing with a built in bandage that can be quickly applied all in one go ahead. Dressing are usually square and made of multiple layers of gauze that to absorb the blood and facilitate clotting. Dressings are rolls of a very thin gauze, because of how thin they are they are not adequate to stop bleeding even when wrapped around the injured area multiple times.

That is far to much. A medic should not be carrying that much supplies on them. Instead of having a person act as a mule for medical supplies split it up among the team. 1x Medic and 1x combat life save is all you need to carry a good amount of medical supplies. If you run out then you should A. Call for a resupply, B. Stop getting shot. May I also recommend having each soldier carry some bandages so they can stop there own bleeding if still conscious.

I can tell you from my experience in wilderness rescue with the National Ski Patrol combined with conversation I've had with a fellow patroller who is a former Navy Corpsman who did several tours in the sandbox (he was discharged due to wounds suffered in his second IED explosion) that you're not even close. These guys carry ALOT of gear, you'd be surprised how much you can cram for emergency medicine and trauma stabilization. In my patrol belt (approximately 14"x5"x3" in dimension) I carry the following with room to spare:

x2 SAM Splints

x10 Cravats (twice the size of military spec as we've got to get them around thick winter clothing) These server multiple roles as Slings, tourniquets, bandages, and non-Sterile dressings.

x5 4"x4" Gauze Dressings

x5 2"x2" Gauze Dressings

x5 2" Wide Bandages

x5 4" Wide Bandages

x1 Roll Medical Tape

x1 Pen Light

x1 Rescue Breathing Mask

x5 Pairs of Exam Gloves

x100 6" Industrial Zip Ties (We have to repair a lot of storm fences) :)

The fellow patroller carries, what he defines as, a small rescue pack. He carries easily twice the quantity of the supplies I listed along with stethoscope, BP Cuff, full set of adult and pediatric nasal airways, and a full set of adult and pediatric oral airways, and other assorted goodness that I have yet had time to discover in exploring his pack. His combat pack was usually twice the size of his patrol pack, plus his vest, and two leg packs. The key to surviving is to keep the air going in and out and the blood going around and around. The supplies needed to do this are very small and very lightweight (bandages, dressings, tourniquets, airways, chest decompression needles) this means you can carry a lot of them.

I do agree with the idea of each soldier carrying some dressings and bandages for use on themselves, this is actually a common practice.

This looks like a great mod, I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet but I'm very excited to do so. I just want to first point out a mistake that has been made, and is commonly made outside of the medical community:

A bandage is not used to treat bleeding, that's the job of a dressing. Dressings go over the open wound, the bandage goes over the dressing to hold it in place. A combat dressing is a dressing with a built in bandage that can be quickly applied all in one go ahead. Dressing are usually square and made of multiple layers of gauze that to absorb the blood and facilitate clotting. Dressings are rolls of a very thin gauze, because of how thin they are they are not adequate to stop bleeding even when wrapped around the injured area multiple times.

I can tell you from my experience in wilderness rescue with the National Ski Patrol combined with conversation I've had with a fellow patroller who is a former Navy Corpsman who did several tours in the sandbox (he was discharged due to wounds suffered in his second IED explosion) that you're not even close. These guys carry ALOT of gear, you'd be surprised how much you can cram for emergency medicine and trauma stabilization. In my patrol belt (approximately 14"x5"x3" in dimension) I carry the following with room to spare:

x2 SAM Splints

x10 Cravats (twice the size of military spec as we've got to get them around thick winter clothing) These server multiple roles as Slings, tourniquets, bandages, and non-Sterile dressings.

x5 4"x4" Gauze Dressings

x5 2"x2" Gauze Dressings

x5 2" Wide Bandages

x5 4" Wide Bandages

x1 Roll Medical Tape

x1 Pen Light

x1 Rescue Breathing Mask

x5 Pairs of Exam Gloves

x100 6" Industrial Zip Ties (We have to repair a lot of storm fences) :)

The fellow patroller carries, what he defines as, a small rescue pack. He carries easily twice the quantity of the supplies I listed along with stethoscope, BP Cuff, full set of adult and pediatric nasal airways, and a full set of adult and pediatric oral airways, and other assorted goodness that I have yet had time to discover in exploring his pack. His combat pack was usually twice the size of his patrol pack, plus his vest, and two leg packs. The key to surviving is to keep the air going in and out and the blood going around and around. The supplies needed to do this are very small and very lightweight (bandages, dressings, tourniquets, airways, chest decompression needles) this means you can carry a lot of them.

I do agree with the idea of each soldier carrying some dressings and bandages for use on themselves, this is actually a common practice.

First of all: thx for the feedback

I have not yet read everythimg as im not at home but besides the balancing part i just need to repeat something i already said ^^

the mod is not supposed to be realistic currently

Its more or less a rebuilt of ace

With xmedsys 2 i will try to realize that what you imagine a medic system to be

Realistic :F

Have no idea what kind of wierd uniforms you use, but we cant have anywhere near that.... at all..

We are lucky if we can have

Weapon

MAX 10 mags.

4bangages

1 tourniquet

(dont use morphine since it has no effect)

4 epi

Maybe 2 medkit, but most of the time only room for 1.

Defibrilator.

2 bloodbags

The object mass for most of the items is far to low. A medic is meant to be able to stabilize a casualty in the field, not be a full blown walking hospital. With the current system I am able to carry the following.

1x M4

10x mags

10x Grenades

20x Bandages

15x Morphine

15x Epinephrine

4x Medikit

2x Bloodbag

I just talked to my medic buddy (who is currently sweeping crap out of vehicles today. From his experiences vs the game.

realistic 2-3 / 4-5 Xmed bandages for a wounded person

1-3 bags IV / 1-3 blood bags (honestly I wish they would switch the bags out to be IV bags, no one can carry whole blood unless you have refrigeration.)

No defibulator / Defibulator

The rest of drugs I rationalize as all the various stuff like airway equipment, etc. Stuff that would be to hard to understand for the average gamer but is being simulated by time consuming drug push.

As for your points about stabilizing someone... Yes I agree, however not every gun shot wound is life or death, or sometimes even critical. My parents were Fire Fighters, and EMT qualified. History from WWII, Mogadishu, and on into our current conflict shows that not every wound will drop someone, and sometimes things that you think would be terrible aren't. I strongly recommend reading Black Hawk down which goes into detail of people fighting while having a gun shot wound to the neck, etc. Others died, or were combat in effective. The current system allows you to get back in the fight which many times might be the case, and then they get to go to the hospital, you just don't know.

Honestly X39 I would change the blood bag to IV bag, and change the medicine to a different name, I'll have my buddy get on and recommend some replacement ideas for you if you would like.

Overall the reduction in size vs how you have to treat someone is good for balance in my opinion, its the wound system that is a bit out of whack.

I just talked to my medic buddy (who is currently sweeping crap out of vehicles today. From his experiences vs the game.

realistic 2-3 / 4-5 Xmed bandages for a wounded person

1-3 bags IV / 1-3 blood bags (honestly I wish they would switch the bags out to be IV bags, no one can carry whole blood unless you have refrigeration.)

No defibulator / Defibulator

The rest of drugs I rationalize as all the various stuff like airway equipment, etc. Stuff that would be to hard to understand for the average gamer but is being simulated by time consuming drug push.

As for your points about stabilizing someone... Yes I agree, however not every gun shot wound is life or death, or sometimes even critical. My parents were Fire Fighters, and EMT qualified. History from WWII, Mogadishu, and on into our current conflict shows that not every wound will drop someone, and sometimes things that you think would be terrible aren't. I strongly recommend reading Black Hawk down which goes into detail of people fighting while having a gun shot wound to the neck, etc. Others died, or were combat in effective. The current system allows you to get back in the fight which many times might be the case, and then they get to go to the hospital, you just don't know.

Honestly X39 I would change the blood bag to IV bag, and change the medicine to a different name, I'll have my buddy get on and recommend some replacement ideas for you if you would like.

Overall the reduction in size vs how you have to treat someone is good for balance in my opinion, its the wound system that is a bit out of whack.

feel free to add me on steam ^^

after that youre allowed to post/spam/write/ask/drink/chat whatever you want with me

also i would love to hear how you imagine i should change the blood bags to IV bags as currently you got a bloodlevel (scalar value) which gets reduced when you bleed and the bloodpack fills it up

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994307486/

ps

its me not "us" :F

there is no one behind currently but me and some communities who already use the mod all the time

Can't wait for you to figure out how to remove the treat X default action, X. :D

its kinda hard as i really have no idea where i could search anymore : /

but i also would love it when i get it removed ^^

Hey. I'm using LEA to build all my loadouts. It cant find a picture file for Morphine and Epi. Is it a problem in LEA or are there no PNG files for morphine and Epi?

Hey. I'm using LEA to build all my loadouts. It cant find a picture file for Morphine and Epi. Is it a problem in LEA or are there no PNG files for morphine and Epi?

there are only PAA files for the items

please ask the developer of LEA about how to fix this (as im not the original creator of LEA)

Bit unfair research brother. This mod is about improved medical systems, therefore you must understand it is accounting for multiple variables, not simply the combat medics role. For example a flight medic may carry blood (O neg) via an GHC refrigerator in an aeromedical evacuation helicopter. SOF medics in reality may perform field transfusions, you may have heard of it as direct or buddy transfusions. I wouldn't say replace it, I would say add onto it with the other crystalloids and colloids that could 'replace' it. When you're at a static treatment facility, you could do so there, right? Don't go on strict operational capacity only, that's up to the player and community using the mod. :)