sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Hello X39,

I am part of a group of Brazilian players We are using your mod on our server, but we are facing a problem with the key provided when we put the "signature verify" in version 2, the server kicks the player and displays the following message:

Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@ XMedSys\ addons\ x39_medsys_scripting.pbo

Anyone else had this problem?

Excuse me my english, I'm using a translator.

Thank you all for any help.

Great mod!

Advice: 1) Make the Defibs portable; To be more exact, having to use that particular small backpack is extremely limiting. I know portable Defibs are not exactly small, but they are about the size of/if not smaller than a standard MIL Radio.(Not a prc152 obviously, but a prc 117 or 150) It should be able to be placed into other backpacks.

2) Most of the items are way too big. For instance, the tourniquet takes up as much or more room as a STANAG magazine. I'm holding one right now, I'm damn sure I could probably smash 30 of these into a pouch with no problems. Other items also take up too much space. I appreciate that it is not desirable to make it so that an almost limitless supply of medical equipment can be carried. I'm just asking for a balance.

Edited by Chocolate

Great mod!

Advice: 1) Make the Defibs portable; To be more exact, having to use that particular small backpack is extremely limiting. I know portable Defibs are not exactly small, but they are about the size of/if not smaller than a standard MIL Radio.(Not a prc152 obviously, but a prc 117 or 150) It should be able to be placed into other backpacks.

2) Most of the items are way too big. For instance, the tourniquet takes up as much or more room as a STANAG magazine. I'm holding one right now, I'm damn sure I could probably smash 30 of these into a pouch with no problems. Other items also take up too much space. I appreciate that it is not desirable to make it so that an almost limitless supply of medical equipment can be carried. I'm just asking for a balance.

balancing is part for Beta end

The defi will may get transformed into an item at some point but currently i got no time for creating a specific item + everything else for this

Edited by X39

XMedSys 0.5.2 ALPHA

Hey there

Saint Nicholas was at my house and gave me this for you ^^ (yeah he visits me on the 04.12 every year)

a bunch of bugFixes for XMedSys

Changelog:

0.5.2 ALPHA
* Fixed disappearing respawn screen (can still happen if damage is received in a perfect way : / but currently i got not the time to create a good fix for this (~8h work need to be spent on this which is not in timescale for ALPHA as i plan to leave alpha state soon))
* Fixed incompatibility with @Female mod
* Splitted actions and messages
* removed spelling error of (OLD) Dephibrilator (NEW) Defibrillator
* Added StringTable
* Fixed KnockOutOverlay screen sizes (before it was only playable on |1920x1280|16:9|Very small|)
* Fixed MedSysGui screen sizes (before it was only perfect playable on |1920x1280|16:9|Very small|)
* Fixed MedSysOverlay screen sizes (before it was only playable on |1920x1280|16:9|Very small|)
* Changed position of MedSysGui (Temporary! When i got time i will change this again (currently "hard coded" with config which needs to change but ... no time for this so low priority))
* Units will now get ReInitilized correctly after respawn
* Fixed userConfig file (no big changes! You still can run the old one but if youre doing you will get some RPT errors)

Get it from here

I also want to please you to check http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/index.php?project=2 as this is the official bug tracker for this project (so please try to post bugs inside of there)

+ another thing

check out the FAQ! I tried to explain when to use which items for the right revive process etc.

AND (prevention for such questions in my mail account :F) how the versions are upped?

The versions are some sort of "mile stones" meaning that each REAL feature will push the version one higher ^^ (ProductVersion, UpdateVersion, PatchVersion)

Edited by X39

Thanks a lot for the headsup :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi ! good job !

where i can found the dephibrilator ?

Hi ! good job !

where i can found the dephibrilator ?

check the example mission which is inside of the given ZIP

its not possible for me to add the backpack directly into the ammo box so you need to call a script command to add the Defibrillator backpack

X39, thanks

We did the update with this new version that was released and the key is functioning correctly.

Thank you very much.

Thanks X39.

Why you can't make the dephibrilator on item ?

Thanks X39.

Why you can't make the dephibrilator on item ?

because i got no one who could make a propper texture for it

i also would need to think about the concept of using that specific defi

(would it be consumed, would it consume bateries and so on)

if i find someone who can make propper textures (+ models for ArmAIII) i could start thinking about such things but even then its on a low prio list

if you think you need more backPack space for the Defi backpack you also can create a small addon which just adds another BP to the game

because i got no one who could make a propper texture for it

You do realize that Bohemia already has a defibrillator object in-game right?

I'm not trying to sound rude, as I love the mod, but using the object that's in game makes more sense to me. And as for consumption of items, I think that it's a unrealistic for a defib to be consumable. Maybe you could do 2, one that is "solar powered" but doesn't do quite as well and then one that fixes the heart right away but consumes batteries.

However, as of right now, playing a medic with the capacity you give the defibrillator backpack is so crippling, that it's an impractical mod to use. The 173rd airborne (which I am a part of) support this mod fully, and plan on using it. However, after extensive testing, in it's current state we cannot use it.

Edited by devilslayersbane

You do realize that Bohemia already has a defibrillator object in-game right?

I'm not trying to sound rude, as I love the mod, but using the object that's in game makes more sense to me. And as for consumption of items, I think that it's a unrealistic for a defib to be consumable. Maybe you could do 2, one that is "solar powered" but doesn't do quite as well and then one that fixes the heart right away but consumes batteries.

However, as of right now, playing a medic with the capacity you give the defibrillator backpack is so crippling, that it's an impractical mod to use. The 173rd airborne (which I am a part of) support this mod fully, and plan on using it. However, after extensive testing, in it's current state we cannot use it.

tell me the class name of it Oo

never noticed that somehow

anyway

as im currently the only modder working on this im not able to fix everything in the speed some of you may hope i can

so

when you find bugs

report them please

otherwhise i might never notice that they are even existing (limited time for scripting also means no time for testing : /)

Is it possible to have this work in any mission rather than having to build it in the mission?

e.g wanted to use it in the ALIVE showcase mission or the DUWS mission.

you could still depbo the mission, put the module into it and pack it again, i am sure the mission creators won't have a problem with that.

Is it possible to have this work in any mission rather than having to build it in the mission?

e.g wanted to use it in the ALIVE showcase mission or the DUWS mission.

it is possible if you wrap something around (addon)

it also could be possible to enable this automaticly when adding the following to the userconfig

(UNTESTED! NO PROOVEN FACT! So you need to check by yourself)

class CfgFunctions 
{
class X39_MedSys
{
	class initModAuto {
		file = "\X39_MedSys_Scripting\MedicSystem\Functions\initMod.sqf";
		scope = 0;
		preInit = 0; // 1 to call the function upon mission start, before objects are initialized. Passed arguments are ["preInit"]
		postInit = 1; // 1 to call the function upon mission start, after objects are initialized. Passed arguments are ["postInit"]
		recompile = 1; // 1 to recompile the function upon mission start
		ext = ".sqf"; // Set file type, can be ".sqf" or ".fsm" (meaning scripted FSM). Default is ".sqf".
	};
};
};

Thanks for the reply’s guys.

Knowing me it would probably break and explode horribly :)

When modding the medical system in Arma does it always have to be a module that you add into the editor or can it be in engine where its just part of the game?

Thanks for the reply’s guys.

Knowing me it would probably break and explode horribly :)

When modding the medical system in Arma does it always have to be a module that you add into the editor or can it be in engine where its just part of the game?

if i understand your question correct,

no its not needed to be a module

but as the system also needs to be compatible with servers where it is not installed i need to do a different init process for this

i could write a small wrapper for this in the tomorrows release (but i cant promise anything at this because im not sure when im done with school and work tomorrow)

Yes your spot on, I usually play persistent campaigns when not playing on the pub' servers (I need to find a good group here in NZ).

That would be awesome but only if you want to, its just that some missions don’t have a medical system in them and Arma's med system is not the most in depth.

Also I dont think any other mod works this way so it could be a feature of yours. ;)

Sadly I cannot make it work in any way... I have tried everything but still nothing...

I host a server, put the module and I can only access to the personal menu (and when I access there and I check my self my legs are always broken nobody knows why)

I tried with the Init string but still nothing...works fine on the example mission, but not on my missions.

The installation infos say:

How To Install:

1. Move the "@XMedSys" folder to your ArmA 3 dir (or to the directory you move your mods to by default)

2. Move the "userconfig" folder to your ArmA 3 dir

3. Add "-mod=@XMedSys" to your launch parameters OR start the game and enable the mod at "Configuration>>Expansions"

4. Edit the userconfig to your needs (or leave it like it is shipped by default and assign the CustomKey 1 & 2)

5. Have fun

5. ... have fun........I did all steps but after that? what should I do?? Nothing is on the descriptions or the other text files, it's a bit unclear or maybe it's just me not paying attention

Help me please!

The module is not init. AI

The AI needs to be init. By yourself

And what do you mean by "the AI needs to be init"?

I would really love to know how to make it work cause I'm not understanding anything!

I create a mission....what should I add to make the mod work (after I enable the mod of course)...please give me a clear sign or I will become mad here!

how can I pull the test mission apart if I can't open the mission in the editor?