sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Not sure how to reproduce this apart from using the same mods and playing a bit. But after a few bandages etc on a downed team mate and getting downed myself. The Self Interaction menu and the second menu for others disappears and you can no longer bring it up and thus heal anyone. We tested a bit and noticed at least sometimes using the FAKs and going (Treat Yourself) sometimes removes it, but it's sketchy at best.

Mods we were using.

@TMR

@Task Force Radio

@CBA_A3

@FFIS (Fire Fight Improvement System)

XMedSys ALPHA 0.5.0 - Public Release

Just found a release on my HDD

thought you all may could be interested :F

hf

Required Testing scope

As we are comming closer to the beta (where only small bugs should exist + textures etc. which are misplaced or something like that) i need to define some testing scope for the alpha!

I would please you to test the following (and when you find a bug, then write down how to reproduce (or make a YT vid :F))

- Behaviour of the mod when respawn is enabled

- Medical limitation implementation

- Overlay (this is no real testing ^^ just controll it sometimes when using the mod to make sure everything is working (Health, Blood, Leg currently))

Also there are the first videos up on youtube which describe how to install the mod + use.

(currently all are german ... but thats something you all can change ^^)

here is the best of all till now (!GERMAN!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2w_cbAxio

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xbi06a8qyaqvkrt/XMedSys_Alpha_0.5.0.zip

ChangeLog:

* MedicalLimitation v1 has been added (see devReadMe 6.A)

* Initilizing mod variables works now in a better way (first checks if variable is already set)

* XMedSys Overlay v1 has been added

* ^ext: added new variable to config file (transparency - Manipulates overlay transparency (does not includes the total screen overlay! Only the icons))

* ^ext: added new variable to config file (refreshRate - Overlay refreshRate in seconds (can increase performance if set to higher values))

* ^ext: added new class to config file (bleeding - Options for the blood status pic. Usualy you can leave this like it is shipped)

* ^ext: added new variable to config file (enableCamShake - if enabled, your cam will shake when you have taken a hit)

* Added optional shaking when hit (thx to Tinter for adding an implementation)

* Changed some internal stuff (ordering files etc., cleaning up some code)

* Changed classParent of x39_medikit to itemCore

Translating the german subtitles into English is hilarious! We can get the idea however.

New Version available: v0.5.0 Alpha

Now 0.5.0 Alpha is available and ready to download. First post also Updated

Changelog

* Initilizing mod variables works now in a better way (first checks if variable is already set)

* ^ext: added new variable to config file (transparency - Manipulates overlay transparency (does not includes the total screen overlay! Only the icons))

* ^ext: added new variable to config file (refreshRate - Overlay refreshRate in seconds (can increase performance if set to higher values))

* ^ext: added new class to config file (bleeding - Options for the blood status pic. Usualy you can leave this like it is shipped)

* ^ext: added new variable to config file (enableCamShake - if enabled, your cam will shake when you have taken a hit)

Many thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working (I think?) we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I found a bug. Trying to give someone blood will result in bandaging them, since the bandageUnit function runs instead of the give blood one.

Line 49 in otherInteractions.sqf looks like this.

[([bLOOD, typeOf player] call X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse), true, false, "Blood", "_res = [0, cursorTarget] spawn X39_MedSys_fnc_BandageUnit"],

It should look like this.

[([bLOOD, typeOf player] call X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse), true, false, "Blood", "_res = [0, cursorTarget] spawn X39_MedSys_fnc_BloodUnit"],

I found a bug. Trying to give someone blood will result in bandaging them, since the bandageUnit function runs instead of the give blood one.

Line 49 in otherInteractions.sqf looks like this.

[([bLOOD, typeOf player] call X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse), true, false, "Blood", "_res = [0, cursorTarget] spawn X39_MedSys_fnc_BandageUnit"],

It should look like this.

[([bLOOD, typeOf player] call X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse), true, false, "Blood", "_res = [0, cursorTarget] spawn X39_MedSys_fnc_BloodUnit"],

thx for that

i think i need to release a small hotfix for that today

Edited by X39

New Version available: v0.5.1 Alpha (Hotfix Release)

Now 0.5.1 Alpha is available and ready to download. First post also Updated

Changelog

* Fixed Others blood interaction

* Fixed camShake to act local only

* Fixed camShake to act only if unit is player

I noticed you are modelling this after ACE2 because it seems that ACE3 will not happen. But Nou spilled the beans here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149946-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-for-Arma-3&p=2567249&viewfull=1#post2567249 That ACE3 is under development at the moment.

What are your plans for this mod regarding the information I just gave you?

I noticed you are modelling this after ACE2 because it seems that ACE3 will not happen. But Nou spilled the beans here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149946-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-for-Arma-3&p=2567249&viewfull=1#post2567249 That ACE3 is under development at the moment.

ehhh? nothing will change?

i continue developing

i wont repeat my current plans for the future here (as if you would be really interested in already have asked).

Im not sure if you want that i stop now but at all i dont care ^^

so

what now as ACE3 is in development?

Nothing changed. Ive known that ace will come my friend :F but nothing will change because nothing has changed

hope i could help

regards X39

While waiting for ACE (It'll probably be a while), we can always use this mod.

Also I wanted to ask how the script works when you commented out the

//_unitDamage = _unit call X39_MedSys_fnc_getUnitDamage;

but I can't get it to work at all.

While waiting for ACE (It'll probably be a while), we can always use this mod.

Also I wanted to ask how the script works when you commented out the

//_unitDamage = _unit call X39_MedSys_fnc_getUnitDamage;

but I can't get it to work at all.

thats because ive made a small mistake when moving the camshake into a seperate function (its not added to the game ... forgot that : /)

also

the _unitDamage = _unit call fnc is not needed for any execution (thats why i removed it)

He can do whatever the hell he wants. So what if ACE3 is in production. It does not preclude anyone to make any mod they want.

As with any mod, if you don't want to use it, move along.

thats because ive made a small mistake when moving the camshake into a seperate function (its not added to the game ... forgot that : /)

also

the _unitDamage = _unit call fnc is not needed for any execution (thats why i removed it)

Well I added it in to make sure the _unitDamage value is updated properly, so it doesn't check for the same value and repeat endlessly.

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working (I think?) we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Could you specify the first 3 a little bit more and add steps to reproduce?

Because its kinda hard for me to get retest and fix such things if those are missing ( then i consume more time in trying to reproduce then in coding)

Sorry for the late reply. The mission was just a simple test with all the medical boxes that your mod uses and two players.

- Counter displayed in inventory. I was shot by the fellow tester and when I was in an incapacitated state I opened my inventory. A small counter appeared in the left side of the inventory menu (where the list of all weapons are in an ammo box). The counter would decrease like a timer that showed how much time I had before I died. When the fellow tester shot me again while I was still incapacitated the counter changed from three digits ('240') to the word 'Knock Out' for a split second when I was hit then the counter would reappear and keep counting down.

- The invincibility bug happened like this the other player shot me and went to revive me but the medical menu would not appear for him so he shot me while I was incapacitated. He shot me with a rifle and pistol and I was unable to die from an incapacitated state.

- The pistol bug happened when I incapacitated the other player with a pistol and I was unable to bring up the medical menu. I moved as close as possible and tried both the assigned keys just to make sure it was not that issue but the medical menu would not come up at all. I had the pistol out for the entire time.

Not sure what other information would help. I was running nologs at the time so I do not have a report file. I will turn it on for the next test to provide some better information.

We were running a standard set of mods that we use I posted the list below.

ACRE

CBA

JayArma3Lib

JSRS2.075 Alpha

MRB A3 VoiceStop

Outlw Magrepack

Sthud

Sorry for the late reply. The mission was just a simple test with all the medical boxes that your mod uses and two players.

- Counter displayed in inventory. I was shot by the fellow tester and when I was in an incapacitated state I opened my inventory. A small counter appeared in the left side of the inventory menu (where the list of all weapons are in an ammo box). The counter would decrease like a timer that showed how much time I had before I died. When the fellow tester shot me again while I was still incapacitated the counter changed from three digits ('240') to the word 'Knock Out' for a split second when I was hit then the counter would reappear and keep counting down.

- The invincibility bug happened like this the other player shot me and went to revive me but the medical menu would not appear for him so he shot me while I was incapacitated. He shot me with a rifle and pistol and I was unable to die from an incapacitated state.

- The pistol bug happened when I incapacitated the other player with a pistol and I was unable to bring up the medical menu. I moved as close as possible and tried both the assigned keys just to make sure it was not that issue but the medical menu would not come up at all. I had the pistol out for the entire time.

Not sure what other information would help. I was running nologs at the time so I do not have a report file. I will turn it on for the next test to provide some better information.

We were running a standard set of mods that we use I posted the list below.

ACRE

CBA

JayArma3Lib

JSRS2.075 Alpha

MRB A3 VoiceStop

Outlw Magrepack

Sthud

thx for that

i will check over it tomorrow

and now a small general announcement!

Today i read multiple times that youre bleeding too fast out or some other crap ...

i please you to check out the devReadMe as you can find a variable which makes it possible to set the bleedOut speed exactly like you want!

(in general ... consume the devReadMe as soon as you start making a mission for the mod as it will allow you to use the mod without a need to ask how to init the system)

thx for reading

X39

Hi there again. It seems like I have an issue on the latest version where all units after about 10 seconds of being knocked out will magically get back up. They will be bleeding and have legs broken (even if shot in the head), but seem to not properly be knocked out no matter what damage is done to them. This was done in the test mission, both in editor and hosting a mission simply by shooting a unit in the head or enough to make them start the knock out animation.

Hi there again. It seems like I have an issue on the latest version where all units after about 10 seconds of being knocked out will magically get back up. They will be bleeding and have legs broken (even if shot in the head), but seem to not properly be knocked out no matter what damage is done to them. This was done in the test mission, both in editor and hosting a mission simply by shooting a unit in the head or enough to make them start the knock out animation.

Thx for reporting

Will be fixed in next version ^^

http://abload.de/img/vbw_logos3pio.png

presents our first release

XMedSys v0.5.1 Alpha by X39

The XMedSys was designed to fill the giant blank ACE left after ArmA 3 came out but ACE did not. Controling everything works in the same way like in ACE to make a move over as simple as possible (may change in the future) so that everyone who knows ACE should be able to use XMedSys!

The XMedSys are developed and maintained by X39, he has the lead about this Project in the vBundeswehr Team. I am the vBudneswehr Project Lead, and manage all releases and public realtions. So the Credits for this Addon goes to X39 not to me.

How To Install:

1. Unzip the file
  2. Move the "@XMedSys" folder to your ArmA 3 dir (or to the directory you move your mods to by default)
  3. Move the "userconfig" folder to your ArmA 3 dir
  4. Add "-mod=@XMedSys" to your launch parameters OR start the game and enable the mod at "Configuration>>Expansions"
  5. Have fun

Features:

• Units are bleeding
    • Bandage bleeding units to prevent death
    • If bleeding too long you will die

[*]Knockout

• Unit can get knocked out if too much damage received
    • Unit can get perma knock out or temporary knock out (temp knock out is calculated everytime!)
    • Epinephrine can be used to get knocked out units back

[*]Custom death

• Unit can be revived with a dephibrilator (After Bleeding is stoped)

[*]Broken legs

• When you receive too many hits in your legs you wont be able to move anymore until a medic heals you with a MedKit

[*]Drag KnockedOut / Death units

[*]A Module for simple implementation

• Just add the module to your mission and every player will get initilized after join

Known bugs:

• Custom userkey (enabled by default) need to be a single key without CTRL/ALT/Shift

Limitations:

• Its currently not possible to use X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizePlayer for SinglePlayer (use player call X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit; _res = [] spawn X39_MedSys_fnc_AddEH_KeyDown; as workaround)
  • Its currently not possible to use the Module for SinglePlayer

Downloads: Version 0.5.1 Alpha

Changelog Version 0.5.1 (Hotfix Release)

* Fixed Others blood interaction

* Fixed camShake to act local only

* Fixed camShake to act only if unit is player

Changelog Version 0.5.0 Alpha

Changelog Version 0.4.0 Alpha

* Removed the disableUserInput dummy implementation for KnockedOut/Dead units and added the first version of the BlackScreen

* Module is now also usable for singleplayer (removed both limitations from previous versions)

* added exception for isMoveProneMove function if given string is not in correct length

* added first version of DevReadMe

Changelog Version 0.3.1 Alpha

* containing a new icon, a few smaller bug fixes and the correct module name (currently its not the right one meaning that this update will remove the old module and to prevent broken missions in large scale this is required)

* icons moved to own pbo

!IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALPHA PHASE!

PLEASE remember that THIS is ALPHA! ALPHA means not everything is working now and bugs WILL happen! I try to keep the standart as high as possible but im at the limit where only me testing it is not enough (thats the reason why i release the alpha of this mod). thx for reading feel free to test it (im happy about every feedback i can get!)

As we are comming closer to the beta (where only small bugs should exist + textures etc. which are misplaced or something like that) i need to define some testing scope for the alpha!

I would please you to test the following (and when you find a bug, then write down how to reproduce (or make a YT vid :F))

- Behaviour of the mod when respawn is enabled

- Medical limitation implementation

- Overlay (this is no real testing ^^ just controll it sometimes when using the mod to make sure everything is working (Health, Blood, Leg currently))

Just a question how can you set it to a side like blufor and a certain slot name like emt

Just a question how can you set it to a side like blufor and a certain slot name like emt

dont understand the question Oo

Ok with the revive is there anyway to have it work for one side like blufor?

No there is no way to do like so currently

At some point i will implement an event sysrem which makes it possible to implement such things by yourself

Edited by X39

Ok with the revive is there anyway to have it work for one side like blufor?

after back at home i remember the MLS(MedicalLimitationSystem - ModInternal) which makes it possible to do such things (just add only BluFor units to the MLS and everything will work fine ^^ to see how to do like so check out the devReadMe)

gah

damned

was not my plan to do doublePost (not even knowed it was possible : / sry for that)