sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

hello. great mod, but to me it does not work. I set the keys, but it does not work for me. it works with my other friends. Can you help me?

I have find the problem !!!!

When the player host the mission, he can't use the mod.

But i have find a bug, sometimes a player die, he turn automatically (like bayblade XD)

If you're on singleplayer you need to add the line to the player's init, if you're on a listen server the players need the line too, but luckily if you're hosting a dedicated the fine and smart module works fine.

New mod version with some important feature implementations

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wr8c4zpf9uo6rdv/Mirror.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7tks47ms1vq7x65/XMedSys_Alpha_0.4.0.zip

Updated the mod to 0.4.0

Changelog:

* Removed the disableUserInput dummy implementation for KnockedOut/Dead units and added the first version of the BlackScreen
* Module is now also usable for singleplayer (removed both limitations from previous versions)
* added exception for isMoveProneMove function if given string is not in correct length
* added first version of DevReadMe

*Note to the BlackScreen:

The black screen has a Respawn button on the right side

The button will be enabled automaticly after a delay (see devReadMe for the variable to change please. It is planned to add that option to the Module )

New mod version with some important feature implementations

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wr8c4zpf9uo6rdv/Mirror.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7tks47ms1vq7x65/XMedSys_Alpha_0.4.0.zip

Updated the mod to 0.4.0

Changelog:

* Removed the disableUserInput dummy implementation for KnockedOut/Dead units and added the first version of the BlackScreen
* Module is now also usable for singleplayer (removed both limitations from previous versions)
* added exception for isMoveProneMove function if given string is not in correct length

*Note to the BlackScreen:

The black screen has a Respawn button on the right side

The button will be enabled automaticly after a delay (see devReadMe for the variable to change please. It is planned to add that option to the Module )

awesome :)

will test ASAP

the Userinput bug threw me a bit off, but since it is disabled, i will give it a second go :)

Really appreciate your work

Updating before I go to bed? How terrible, sleep is for the weak and I am so.

still awesome and much needed.

BUT

3 Small things:

1st: when your legs are hurt and you try to kneel while crawling forward, the stancesystem bugs out, resulting in a stancechange every 10 milliseconds or so (wich never gets executed) and therefor i was not able to move. repeatedly hitting "y" (german keyboard) to get up solved it, so no biggie right now.

2nd: the medical equipment gets recognized as FAK (am pretty sure you are aware of that ;)), i think this is not the best idea... (but that's a design choice, not a bug)

3rd (actual bug. encountered in your test mission): i can not equip the defibrillator, even if it shows me that i could (white square on the backpack slot instead of the red one).

and one personal request: could you put in a variable that disables the "dead unit revival" like, units can get knocked out, but not when hit with a .50 cal right in the face from point plank range?

like in ACE, when you did not set a revivetime.

that would be great :)

Edited by TheSystem

still awesome and much needed.

BUT

3 Small things:

1st: when your legs are hurt and you try to kneel while crawling forward, the stancesystem bugs out, resulting in a stancechange every 10 milliseconds or so (wich never gets executed) and therefor i was not able to move. repeatedly hitting "y" (german keyboard) to get up solved it, so no biggie right now.

2nd: the medical equipment gets recognized as FAK (am pretty sure you are aware of that ;)), i think this is not the best idea... (but that's a design choice, not a bug)

3rd (actual bug. encountered in your test mission): i can not equip the defibrillator, even if it shows me that i could (white square on the backpack slot instead of the red one).

to 1: its reported on feedback tracker as its a ArmA 3 bug http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15962 normally you can move after ~ 10 s without doing anything (including moving mouse)

to 2: there was a reason why i did it like that but i cant remember : /

it may change soon ^^

to 3: i will check that in a few seconds (strange because i havent changed anything on the items config Oo)

---edit---

checked and cant reproduce 3 so maybe you executed other steps too?

Edited by X39

i updated my post to avoid double posting :)

thanks for the fast answer

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

---edit---

checked and cant reproduce 3 so maybe you executed other steps too?

i will check on that. perhaps a combination of actions, we'll see :)

and one personal request: could you put in a variable that disables the "dead unit revival" like, units can get knocked out, but not when hit with a .50 cal right in the face from point plank range?

like in ACE, when you did not set a revivetime.

that would be great :)

i can do but it will run at a very low priority (meaning i will add it when i just got an hour for scripting or something like that :F so it may be included tomorrow ^^ you can add me in steam if you want to get updated as soon as im done (then i can send you a devRelease so that you can check it alrdy))

seems like the good old "the box is full and now you can't equip backpacks" bug

solved it by putting it on the ground first and then equip it.

edit: i sent you a friend request on steam :)

New Version available: v0.4.0 Alpha

X39 gave me an improved Version to release. Now 0.4.0 Alpha is available and ready to download. First post also Updated

Changelog

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The weird stuck in prone with broken legs thing still happens. Morphine seems too weak, I don't think you should need up to 5 syringes to make someone not hurt. Using the tourniquet to stop all bleeding, but having to remember to take it off again would be cool.

The weird stuck in prone with broken legs thing still happens. Morphine seems too weak, I don't think you should need up to 5 syringes to make someone not hurt. Using the tourniquet to stop all bleeding, but having to remember to take it off again would be cool.

as told

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15962

its an ArmA issue (so not my problem at all because all i could do would require to disable userinput for a few seconds after and im not even sure if that would fix it)

The Morphine implementation is just a dummy one

so it will change in a future update

and yes

for the tourniquet i already thought about such an implementation (but same here: had no time yet to implement)

for the next update i plan to add the limitation thing + a better documentation of the mod for developers (so that they can use the tools i give them)

How would you feel about modifying your work? I'm interested in toying around with this. I wouldn't release to the public or claim credit for it.

How would you feel about modifying your work? I'm interested in toying around with this. I wouldn't release to the public or claim credit for it.

youre free to play around with the code but i please you to refer eveverything correctly (youre also free to join the team for XMedSys and help developing it or just help without developing ^^)

i also can provide you direct access to the source if you got problems dePBOing the pbo (just as told please give credits for everything and keep the header informations up to date :F)

Edited by X39

Hi, X39

This mod is awesome. I was waiting for an "Ace Like" medical system since alpha.

Thank you very much.

Just a short update for you

I worked today on the implementation for the XMedSys Class limitation

it is nearly finished and im able to push tomorrow a dev version hopefully for some testing (no official release!)

Please join the steam group (see: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/XMedSys) (or check the forum page tomorrow again) for the inDev version (no public release before much testing this time)!

It also could be good if you check out the devReadMe (see: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62623528/devReadMe.txt)

thx for testing and reading

X39

------EDIT------

pushed the !InDev!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/XMedSys#announcements/detail/1459460780666853143

check the steam group for download link and instructions please

Edited by X39

What's the largest amount of players you have had for testing in this?

Nice work so far, it will be nice to have a more in depth medic system like ACE for Arma 2.

A few things I noticed some a pretty low priority but I will post it.

-A count is displayed in the inventory when you are unconscious. If you are hit again is says 'knock out' then goes right back to counting down. I could see it having a use but not in the inventory.

- You cannot die, seems like you are invincible.

- Injured player with a pistol and was unable to bring up the keys to treat the player

- Missing Defib in box

- Medic box has Ammo, Explosives, and support written on the side of it.

Nice work so far, it will be nice to have a more in depth medic system like ACE for Arma 2.

A few things I noticed some a pretty low priority but I will post it.

-A count is displayed in the inventory when you are unconscious. If you are hit again is says 'knock out' then goes right back to counting down. I could see it having a use but not in the inventory.

- You cannot die, seems like you are invincible.

- Injured player with a pistol and was unable to bring up the keys to treat the player

- Missing Defib in box

- Medic box has Ammo, Explosives, and support written on the side of it.

Could you specify the first 3 a little bit more and add steps to reproduce?

Because its kinda hard for me to get retest and fix such things if those are missing ( then i consume more time in trying to reproduce then in coding)