sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

vbw_logos3pio.png

XMedSys v0.3.6 Beta by X39

The XMedSys was designed to fill the giant blank ACE left after ArmA 3 came out but ACE did not. Controling everything works in the same way like in ACE to make a move over as simple as possible (may change in the future) so that everyone who knows ACE should be able to use XMedSys!

The XMedSys are developed and maintained by X39, he has the lead about this Project in the vBundeswehr Team. I am the vBudneswehr Project Lead, and manage all releases and public realtions. So the Credits for this Addon goes to X39 not to me.

How To Install:

1. Unzip the file
  2. Move the "@XMedSys" folder to your ArmA 3 dir (or to the directory you move your mods to by default)
  3. Move the "userconfig" folder to your ArmA 3 dir
  4. Add "-mod=@XMedSys" to your launch parameters OR start the game and enable the mod at "Configuration>>Expansions"
  5. Have fun

Features:

• - Units are bleeding
    • - Bandage bleeding units to prevent death
    • - If bleeding too long you will die
    • - Use Tourniquet to stop the bleeding until its removed

[*]- Knockout

• - Unit can get knocked out if too much damage received
    • - Unit can get perma knock out or temporary knock out (temp knock out is calculated everytime!)
    • - Epinephrine can be used to get knocked out units back

[*]- Custom death

• - Unit can be revived with a dephibrilator (After Bleeding is stoped)

[*]- Broken legs

• - When you receive too many hits in your legs you wont be able to move anymore until a medic heals you with a MedKit

[*]- Drag/Carry KnockedOut / Dead units

[*]- A Module for simple implementation

• - Just add the module to your mission and every player will get initilized after join

[*]- Put dead/knocked out units into vehicles and pull them out from there

Known bugs:

- Custom userkey (enabled by default) needs to be a single key (without CTRL/ALT/Shift, you still can double assign it)

- You sometimes stand up after getting knocked out and keep running (only when your leg is broken)

- When someone drives over you while youre knocked out you will stand up again

Limitations:

- Currently you receive damage on all HitZones at the same time

This is not expected behaviour of the mod but of ArmA (bug: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16460 )

Download: XMedSys v0.3.6 Beta

Requirements: XActionUI and XLib

Feedback Tracker: feedback.vbundeswehr.de

Changelogs

0.3.6 BETA 
* 0000075: Volume level attenuation is not natural (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/1 ) 
* 0000072: Earplug not affect in-game volume (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/2 )
* 0000078: Localize action menu (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/4 )
* 0000082: it is possible to use xmedsys button in BIRD spectator (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/5 ) 
* 0000067: having sidearm selected and trying to drag/carry a unit after that will prevent player from movements (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/6 ) 
* 0000081: Script error after killking unit (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/8 ) 
* 0000065: Incorrect frag handing (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/9 ) 
* 0000066: Buttons not works after CPR (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/13 ) 
* 0000077: X39_MedSys_var_allowSpeedLimitations_forceWalkAtXD  amage not works (thx to nkey: https://github.com/X39/XMedSys1/pull/12 ) 
|-	New function: X39_MedSys_fnc_TH_walkingHandler  /-	X39_MedSys_var_Bleeding_Tourniquet_DamagePerTick has new default. Old: 0.1, New: 0.001

Edited by sancron
0.3.6 Beta

I can't get it to work. it's not clear what keys I need to use. I tried user action keys 1 & 2, tried changing the 'key' in the userconfig to my desired key, nothing works. only thing that happends is the piece of code comes up in the text when someone gets hurt.

in-game items look good though!

Nice one, we encountered some bugs tough.

1. I am unable to revive other players and AI units. I tried basically everything from Epi to Medkit and nothing happend. The status message only shows: "Target is unresponsive".

2. Few undefined variable errors

3. While trying to get revived the player exits the "unconscious animation" but can't do anything after that. You are not able to use mouse or any keyboard key.

Looking forward to a finished version and thanks for sharing!

Does it work for all units ? AI included ?

the system itself was designed like so meaning it should work also for AI (just the AI will never revive you but in theory you should be able to revive the AI) but currently im not developing for the AI as target (but i was testing it on the AI untill now)

I can't get it to work. it's not clear what keys I need to use. I tried user action keys 1 & 2, tried changing the 'key' in the userconfig to my desired key, nothing works. only thing that happends is the piece of code comes up in the text when someone gets hurt.

are you using singlePlayer? the example mission is for MultiPlayer implementation purpose (see the limitations in readme or this thread ^^ you need to init the player for SP in another way sadly : / hopefully i will find a solution for this soon)

Nice one, we encountered some bugs tough.

1. I am unable to revive other players and AI units. I tried basically everything from Epi to Medkit and nothing happend. The status message only shows: "Target is unresponsive".

2. Few undefined variable errors

3. While trying to get revived the player exits the "unconscious animation" but can't do anything after that. You are not able to use mouse or any keyboard key.

Looking forward to a finished version and thanks for sharing!

to 1: if you could make a screenshot or give me the entire "Check unit" report then i can help you what youve done wrong :F (because it should work as i tested it yesterday before the public release) because maybe the unit was dead (so that you need the backpack added by this mod instead of a epipen) or the unit was still bleeding ^^

to 2: if you could give me more info on this (because on my side there are no undefined variable messages) for example: a screenshot of the message

to 3: yeah that is known : / hoped that the last thing i changed would fix it but ... yeah seems like its still not fixed at all. I need to check through all files to check that

to thx for sharing: Nothing to thx ^^ it is needed to do things like that to make the community around ArmA 3 bigger

at the end to say is that this is also on reddit

thx for giving feedback

X39

Edited by X39

Our group will be field testing this over the next week....thank you for the mod!

Our group will be field testing this over the next week....thank you for the mod!

thanks for doing that

it would be perfect if you could give as detailed ways to reproduce all bugs as possible (perfect would be with screenshots) because that would make it easier for me to fix those bugs

to 1: if you could make a screenshot or give me the entire "Check unit" report then i can help you what youve done wrong :F (because it should work as i tested it yesterday before the public release) because maybe the unit was dead (so that you need the backpack added by this mod instead of a epipen) or the unit was still bleeding ^^

to 2: if you could give me more info on this (because on my side there are no undefined variable messages) for example: a screenshot of the message

to 3: yeah that is known : / hoped that the last thing i changed would fix it but ... yeah seems like its still not fixed at all. I need to check through all files to check that

to thx for sharing: Nothing to thx ^^ it is needed to do things like that to make the community around ArmA 3 bigger

at the end to say is that this is also on reddit

thx for giving feedback

X39

1. Trying to revive a player on a dedicated server. He wasn't bleeding anymore. Neither Epi or the backpack worked.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/451780155201856863/8C0017B2E4F57AA6A5B2727E0E366E7E2DEFD1A2/

2. The two undefined variables we encountered

a)Checking the status of the unit

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/451780155201852267/61701FA15866177477E70C3B006935D460C85964/

b)Trying to revive a unit with Epi

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/451780155201861866/00A45BFFEA774096F7B902B7D574A1ED43767F48/

Yeah, same here :) definitely sticking to this thread! :)

1. Trying to revive a player on a dedicated server. He wasn't bleeding anymore. Neither Epi or the backpack worked.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/451780155201856863/8C0017B2E4F57AA6A5B2727E0E366E7E2DEFD1A2/

2. The two undefined variables we encountered

a)Checking the status of the unit

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/451780155201852267/61701FA15866177477E70C3B006935D460C85964/

b)Trying to revive a unit with Epi

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/451780155201861866/00A45BFFEA774096F7B902B7D574A1ED43767F48/

thx for posting it ^^

(1) i need to check this : / its on the list thx for reporting

(2) assume this as fixed in next version :P

Yeah, same here :) definitely sticking to this thread! :)

sorry for asking the question another time

are you running this in MP (!meaning dedicated server! (even your local arma3server.exe would be enough))? because if you dont do you need to initilize the player by yourself

player call X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit; _res = [] spawn X39_MedSys_fnc_AddEH_KeyDown;

If you can give me the strings i would do an german translation. I owuld find them by myself but mehhhh.

regards

If you can give me the strings i would do an german translation. I owuld find them by myself but mehhhh.

regards

thx but we are also able to do the german translation :F

*GERMAN COMMENT ON*

komme nämlich aus NRW :F

*GERMAN COMMENT OFF*

also i have no idea currently how to use stringtables for translation : /

And some other Questions.

Will this work with respawn?

Are only Medics able to revive? if yes where i define what classnames are medics?

do i have to add init="this call X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit"; to every unit?

When you are considered as completely dead? No revive possible? --> Respawn with timer??

thanks in advance

And some other Questions.

Will this work with respawn?

Are only Medics able to revive? if yes where i define what classnames are medics?

When you are considered as completely dead? No revive possible? --> Respawn with timer??

thanks in advance

Are only Medics able to revive?

Currently all are able to revive (organize yourself ^^ i dont think that there will come a limitation on this that soon)

Yes and no! It depends on what you want to do ^^

if you want to create a MP mission and add the MedSys to AI then you need to add that line to all AI units (also it could be helpfull to use if(isserver) but the server should execute first so ... yeah just to make it call safe) and add the Module to the mission (workaround if you dont want the module: add a gamelogic object and put this into the init line: "[] call X39_MedSys_fnc_initMod")

for a SP mission you need to add the call to every unit PLUS the player (see limitations of this mod and you should know why)

When you are considered as completely dead?

First of all: The mod will not let you die totally (meaning even if you got hit by 2000000000000 MT bomb you would be still alive for the game)! Everytime youre above a specific value you will be knocked out/die.

When you die a counter will appear and AFTER that counter reaches 0 youre really dead (meaning that using "alive unit" would return false)

hope i was able to help

(i will add this to a file callen FAQ inside of the zip in next release)

------EDIT-------

I will push a update on this mod today (containing a new icon, a few smaller bug fixes and the correct module name (currently its not the right one meaning that this update will remove the old module and to prevent broken missions in large scale this is required))

Edited by X39

1. Making medics the only one that can revive would be great (other can stop bleeding and using EpiPens), since everyone can do everything will make the specific medic role useless.

2. It´s an Coop mission without AI on our side. So i don´t have to add anything im right?

3.Ok thanks. Is there respawn timer after considered as really dead? Can you "kill yourself" while knocked out, or "death".

regards

Features:

• Units are bleeding
    • Bandage bleeding units to prevent death
    • If bleeding too long you will die

[*]Knockout

• Unit can get knocked out if too much damage received
    • Unit can get perma knock out or temporary knock out (temp knock out is calculated everytime!)
    • Epinephrine can be used to get knocked out units back

[*]Custom death

• Unit can be revived with a dephibrilator (After Bleeding is stoped)

[*]Broken legs

• When you receive too many hits in your legs you wont be able to move anymore until a medic heals you with a MedKit

[*]Drag KnockedOut / Death units

[*]A Module for simple implementation

• Just add the module to your mission and every player will get initilized after join

Known bugs:

• Custom userkey (enabled by default) need to be a single key without CTRL/ALT/Shift

Limitations:

[*]Its currently not possible to use X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizePlayer for SinglePlayer (use player call X39_MedSys_fnc_InitilizeUnit; _res = [] spawn X39_MedSys_fnc_AddEH_KeyDown; as workaround)

[*]Its currently not possible to use the Module for SinglePlayer

I find your use of medical gear odd in some parts of the mod, this would be a bit better:

1. Bandages: It is used to stop minor bleeding.

2. Compresses: In case of heavy bleeding bandages are just not effective. In real life you need to apply pressure to stop the bleeding. This is done by using compresses and securing them in place.

3. Morphine: Drag used to reduced the pain, usually has instant effects.

4. Epinephrine: Epinephrine is adrenalin, which helps restart your heart.

5. Med Kit: after all the above measures are taken then a med kit can be used to fully heal someone (there are occasions where one can only be fully healed next to a medical facility i.e. mash, hospital, ambulance etc.)

6. CPR: CPR is used to extend the lifetime of the casualties.

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Also why do you assume ACE is not coming to Arma 3? They last officially said it was coming to Arma 3 but never said they changed their mind or that it's not coming.

Edited by ProGamer

This is truly great. Being a medic will be fun again.

Shame about Arma3 hitpoint system still being broken though http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8047

Is there a way to leave a chat channel open when you are knocked out so that players can type in #vote mission etc?

Can you even exit the game?

I also prefer only medics being able to perform these actions and other players just stop some bleeding.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Looking forward to future updates.

In BTW revives solution to reviving by medics only is

BTC_who_can_revive = ["anyclassname", "anyotherclassname"];
BTC_is_class_can_revive =

{

_unit = _this select 0;

_cond = false;

{if (_unit isKindOf _x) then {_cond = true};} foreach BTC_who_can_revive;

_cond

};

BTC_can_revive =

{

_unit = _this select 0;

_injured = _this select 1;

_array_item_unit = items _unit;

_array_item_injured = items _injured;

_cond = false;

{if (_unit isKindOf _x) then {_cond = true};} foreach BTC_who_can_revive;

if (_cond && BTC_need_first_aid == 1) then

{

if (_array_item_unit find "FirstAidKit" == -1) then {_cond = false;};

if (!_cond && _array_item_injured find "FirstAidKit" != -1) then {_cond = true;};

};

_cond

};

im shure it should be pretty easy to add this system to Actions of XMED menu.

Im just really unskilled with scripting. (Reading ok, Changing or creating MEHHH)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working (I think?) we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest

1. Making medics the only one that can revive would be great (other can stop bleeding and using EpiPens), since everyone can do everything will make the specific medic role useless.

2. It´s an Coop mission without AI on our side. So i don´t have to add anything im right?

3.Ok thanks. Is there respawn timer after considered as really dead? Can you "kill yourself" while knocked out, or "death".

regards

to 1: its on the list for planned features but my implementation will not be that easy to archive (also its no rly required feature so its running on a very low priority)

to 2: just add the Module to the mission (but please wait with adding the module untill tomorrow or give me a few hours because the current module will change in next update which i will push in a few hours)

to 3: currently ... no you cant. The current implementation is just a sort of dummy implementation (a placeholder for later) because i just got no time to implement something like that (working on this mod since 2 weeks now with ~ 20h work in total)

I find your use of medical gear odd in some parts of the mod, this would be a bit better:

1. Bandages: It is used to stop minor bleeding.

2. Compresses: In case of heavy bleeding bandages are just not effective. In real life you need to apply pressure to stop the bleeding. This is done by using compresses and securing them in place.

3. Morphine: Drag used to reduced the pain, usually has instant effects.

4. Epinephrine: Epinephrine is adrenalin, which helps restart your heart.

5. Med Kit: after all the above measures are taken then a med kit can be used to fully heal someone (there are occasions where one can only be fully healed next to a medical facility i.e. mash, hospital, ambulance etc.)

6. CPR: CPR is used to extend the lifetime of the casualties.

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Also why do you assume ACE is not coming to Arma 3? They last officially said it was coming to Arma 3 but never said they changed their mind or that it's not coming.

Also why do you assume ACE is not coming to Arma 3?

we dont do

to 1 & 2: i thought about that but implementing something that is able to differ between large wounds and small wounds would be a way too much for the first version. Thats why there is only a bandage and (a not working) tourniquet

to 3: the current implementation of morphine is not final! Please remember the text at the beginning its an alpha! Everything could change and of course morphine usage will

to 4: its implemented in nearly the same way so im not sure whats the point here : /

to 5: the medkit is currently able to make a final heal but this is content to change in a future version

to 6: also planned for a future version :F

for everything which is planned in a future version means that it will come in XMedSys 2 (current XMedSys official release is planned somewhere at 2014 Q1)

This is truly great. Being a medic will be fun again.

Shame about Arma3 hitpoint system still being broken though http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8047

Is there a way to leave a chat channel open when you are knocked out so that players can type in #vote mission etc?

I also prefer only medics being able to perform these actions and other players just stop some bleeding.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Looking forward to future updates.

Please see the first quote point (3)

In BTW revives solution to reviving by medics only is

im shure it should be pretty easy to add this system to Actions of XMED menu.

Im just really unskilled with scripting. (Reading ok, Changing or creating MEHHH)

see quote 1 point 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (sancron) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working (I think?) we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

just to say

the XMedSys is not directly developed by sancron instead its developed by me (i just dont wanted to post it on bistudio forums because i wasnt sure if the mod is ready for this and well ... he did ^^)

meaning: its currently a one man project running at http://vbundeswehr.de/ which is owned by sancron (he is creating models which will come in a future version, also he created the logo of it (from 0.4.0 alpha))

Apologies, I could not find a proper credits list.

I have changed the page owner to your account and properly updated the pages to reflect the correct author and website :)

An Update was released, Version 0.3.1 is ready for testing, First post updated.