nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

2 hours ago, michael poole said:

is V1.00 out yet or are we still using V0.9.8

V1.0.245 is available on github. Although not an official release we switched to it recently and its working well. Its much better than 0.9.12 which is the most recent stable

The changleog is quite big but the 2 things that make all the difference imo is the ability to hear players directionally when you are spectating them, and the cba settings menu is now working properly compared to 0.9.12 and has more options.

The ts plugin system has changed, there is now an installer which will put the dll in users/appdata so its worth removing the previous plugins in TS/Plugins to avoid conflict

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/releases/tag/1.0-PreRelease

thast funny i have done the full install and it doesn't seems to connect over TS 

Task Force Radio Status (1.-1.0.245):Connected to Game: No
Playing: No
Plugin version: 1.-1.0.245
Addon version: unknown

thast what i am shown with in Teamspeak

5 hours ago, michael poole said:

thast funny i have done the full install and it doesn't seems to connect over TS 

Task Force Radio Status (1.-1.0.245):Connected to Game: No
Playing: No
Plugin version: 1.-1.0.245
Addon version: unknown

thast what i am shown with in Teamspeak

Strange, none of our players had any issues. If its installed correctly then it should work. 

Try

- running everything as administrator

- updating ts

- ts instalation matches your operating system (x32 or x64)

- old plugins removed

A request....

Can somebody in the know please just make a simple mission with the necessary TFAR modules  or init scripts and advise on how the CBA hooks all work and should be configured.  Nothing else, no other mods, make it as vanilla as possible to serve as a template 

I think a lot of us limp along and struggle unnecessarily with a TFAR setup that only mostly works.  Every time I think I have TFAR figured out and working just fine it invariably kicks me in the nuts and becomes a headache for no apparent reason when it had been working ffine 30 minutes ago when the mission first started.

i have no illusions that it is likely my configuration and/or something my players are doing but we have no idea what it is causing the issues (loss of auto frequency or loss of all comms are a regular occurrence).

• Like 3

Good idea!

9 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

A request....

Can somebody in the know please just make a simple mission with the necessary TFAR modules  or init scripts and advise on how the CBA hooks all work and should be configured.  Nothing else, no other mods, make it as vanilla as possible to serve as a template 

I think a lot of us limp along and struggle unnecessarily with a TFAR setup that only mostly works.  Every time I think I have TFAR figured out and working just fine it invariably kicks me in the nuts and becomes a headache for no apparent reason when it had been working ffine 30 minutes ago when the mission first started.

i have no illusions that it is likely my configuration and/or something my players are doing but we have no idea what it is causing the issues (loss of auto frequency or loss of all comms are a regular occurrence).

On 9.6.2017 at 10:42 PM, Rich_R said:

I've cruised this thread and the main files and couldn't find the answer, so apologies if this question has been answered.

Is there any way to remove the speaker icon at the bottom corner of the screen. A new community is about to start using this latest version of TFAR, is the speaker icon crucial during gameplay?

CBA Settings. "Show voice Volume HUD" Set that to disabled and it will only show up when you change the volume. You can also set the transperency.
On 1.0.0.245 it should be automatically set to hidden.

• Like 1

That did it! Thanks!

I was wondering how do you setup the github version? I tried packing the folders into pbos but when I trey to use radios in game they que up for a second and then disappear, then the radio box outline in the bottom right corner is always there

Hi everyone

I'm having an issue where I can't switch radio channels using my keyboard keypad. I can't change the short range radio channels using the keypad or the long range radio channels using ALT + keypad. I've checked the keybinds in game and they seem correct and I've also checked the keybinds in Teamspeak which are set to default settings except for my mute button. My push to talk button in TS is set to my right ALT button.

Has something changed in either TS or TFAR that might have disrupted the proper function of the keypad with the radios. Not having this work correctly makes it a lot more difficult to use coms across multiple channels.

Thanks for any help you could provide  :)

On 6/13/2017 at 11:41 PM, lawndartleo said:

A request....

In addition to this post here would it be possible for someone in the know to give us either a script or init for a module that will allow us to set channels when players JIP within the editor and have them work in the game?

JIP seems to have something to do with our problems.... but even that is hit or miss.  Sometimes JIP fine, sometimes not.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nichols said:

In addition to this post here would it be possible for someone in the know to give us either a script or init for a module that will allow us to set channels when players JIP within the editor and have them work in the game?

That's what I use for setting the frequencies: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_MissionTemplate/blob/master/public/fn_tfarSettings.sqf

And for setting the channel of the radio according to it's groupID I use this: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_MissionTemplate/blob/master/adv_missiontemplate.altis/functions/gear/fn_setChannels.sqf

Both should be called, the first one as early as possible in init.sqf (or better yet via preInit) and the second one of course after the player received his instanciated radio.

• Like 1

eavesdropping on enemy

i would like to create an UGV like k 2000
and when the ugv is near a  person who talk, i would like to hear it

Would anyone be willing to quickly take me under their wing, and help me get TFAR playing nicely with Teamspeak? I have the Workshop version of TFAR, but in the plugins area in Teamspeak, TFAR shows up but it's grayed out. 

I'd love to be able to play with my buddies again if anyone has a second to get me going with this. I'd appreciate any help I could get.

You've installed the new plugin from the Workshop install location of TFAR right?  !Workshop folder>Teamspeak>Plugin install.  Then Teamspeak Options> Plugins> Enable TFAR plugin?
Plugin installer should be in location thus:  F:\Steam_DIR\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@task_force_radio\teamspeak. 
Pick the installer you need (3 or 3.1 compat). 

The Teamspeak>Tools>options>plugins> enable...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

You've installed the new plugin from the Workshop install location of TFAR right?  !Workshop folder>Teamspeak>Plugin install.  Then Teamspeak Options> Plugins> Enable TFAR plugin?
Plugin installer should be in location thus:  F:\Steam_DIR\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@task_force_radio\teamspeak. 
Pick the installer you need (3 or 3.1 compat). 

The Teamspeak>Tools>options>plugins> enable...

No! Lol. I had no idea I had to do this. Figured this was subscribe and play and the plugin would be recognized by default (or could be enabled easily by default). No one on the server last night had any idea how to get me going. Thanks so much for the help.

6 hours ago, superordi said:

eavesdropping on enemy

i would like to create an UGV like k 2000
and when the ugv is near a  person who talk, i would like to hear it

Is any one else having issues with macro'd multi key bindings (Like Ctrl+P to bring up Radio) and CBA's new multi key functions?

58 minutes ago, TSgt. Balzer 29th ID said:

Is any one else having issues with macro'd multi key bindings (Like Ctrl+P to bring up Radio) and CBA's new multi key functions?

No here work all like always in version 0.9.12 the dev no idea

I assume the new CBA Multi Key thing is the culprit in some way... not jiving with my macro softwear...   

Wrong place to post this..

Sry. 

Love TFAR  :D

I cannot get the add-on to work with the latest TFAR. I have placed the sounds in the appropriate folder and I still get the default sounds. How can I flx?