nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

So,where does one place the temp fix DLLs?  The installer for TS3 from the Steam version doesn't show where the plugins are being sent,  and I cannot find the TFAR plugin location on my system.

same, Its like it TFAR disappeared :p from my C:\Program Files\Teamspeak\plugins

New addons location:

The new location for custom Addons is the config folder for the client.
%appdata%/TS3client/Plugins
%appdata%/TS3client/Translations
Etc.

=== Client Release 3.1 15 Dec 2016
+ Added support for myTeamSpeak. Signing up for a myTeamSpeak account will
  allow you to synchronize your bookmarks, identities, hotkeys, whisper lists
  and channel subscriptions. Upcoming myTeamSpeak features will include addons
  synchronization, addons update management, and more.
+ Added IPv6 support
+ Filetransfer backend rewritten
+ New improved echo cancellation implementation
+ Addons now install into user directory by default, where no UAC is required
  unless using a portable installation.
+ All backend for bookmarks, identities, hotkeys, whisperlists, subscriptions,
  addons etc. rewritten, using new storage system across all devices.
+ New implementation of TSDNS. Important change: The client now only looks for
  a TSDNS server on a toplevel SRV record. For server name a.b.c.d.e the client
  will only search for a TSDNS server with a SRV record named _tsdns._tcp.d.e
+ Added russian and japanese translations.
+ Upgraded C++ runtime to Visual Studio 2015. Added support to install the
  Microsoft C++ runtime package on demand during update process.
+ Added whisperlist import/export to textfile, see contextmenu on the
  synchronized/local lists in whisperlists dialog. Requested by users for
  easier sharing of complex whisperlist setups.
+ Added badges system. Redeem a code to receive special badges. Configure which
  of these badges should be shown in the client. See Options / MyTeamSpeak page
+ Added -safemode commandline parameter to skip loading any plugins.
+ Added check for injected Ad-Aware dll which may crash the TeamSpeak client.
! In recent OS X versions, hotkeys may stop working after using the built-in
  updater. When installing from a disk image, they work fine. We are currently
  evaluating this issue.
  If you are an OS X user and require hotkeys, consider using the disk image
  installer instead of the updater.
! TSDNS now uses the list https://publicsuffix.org/list/public_suffix_list.dat
  to determine at what level the client should query for a TSDNS server. It
  will pick the domain 1 level below the domains on that list. For example: for
  a.b.c.co.uk it will pick c.co.uk since co.uk is on that list.
* Do not consider a teredo tunnel as a routable ipv6 address. If there is no
  other routable ipv6 address, this means the client will not try to resolve
  ipv6 addresses.
* Submenus temporarily removed from Self menu on OS X until we find a
  workaround for Qt 5.6.1 issue with submenus not updating properly.
* Overhauled Windows sound backend.
* Plugins can now load dynamic libraries from a subfolder with same name as
  plugin library (Windows only).
- Added missing 16x16_myts_account.png to "Origin" iconpack (gfx/default.zip)

My community is also having the problem where Remote Control units cannot hear other players and the players cannot hear the Remote Control character. This happened after we upgraded to 0.9.12, so two of us performed a test. We downgraded one client to 0.9.8 and that client used RC. The RC character could hear players, but the player on v.0.9.12 couldn't hear the RC character. Only when we downgraded both of us to 0.9.8 could both player and RC character hear each other.

I wanted to clarify for Dedmen how the Remote Control function usually works: it doesn't usually involve syncing any units to Zeus or another module. In general, this is how RC occurs in many multiplayer missions:

1. A curator joins the game as a playable unit with Zeus access.
  2. The curator ascends to/becomes Zeus and navigates to some far off location on the map where other players are. His player character is left behind.
  3. Curator places a unit.
  4. Curator switches to the Modules tab and twirls down the Zeus section.
  5. Curator selects Remote Control and clicks on the unit.
  6. After an onscreen effect, the curator "wakes up" inside the selected unit.

With past versions of TFAR, the Remote Control character could hear everything around them and be heard by everyone around them, as if they were just another player. Meanwhile, the curator's player character couldn't hear or be heard, and was effectively "offline." Once the RC character died or you were finished, you could select another one, and it would have the same audio properties. This was a tremendous boon for Game Masters.

Thank you for your continued work on this outstanding mod. It's an amazing addition to any group's collection, and I hope you're able to work up a solution to this particular issue. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

• Like 1

@nkey When I start using tfar I dont have radio on me yet, so I add there sleep for 5 seconds to wait that tfar is initialized.

waitUntill { tfar_radio_init_done };
//do stuff with radio after ...

in  TFAR_fnc_TaskForceArrowheadRadioInit you used 

[] spawn TFAR_fnc_ServerInit; 

and

[] spawn TFAR_fnc_ClientInit; 

How to check if addon is initializated at mission start? Is there any variable to check of maybe function?

Are you guys planning on adding zeus compability? So when you take control over a unit you can actually use direct speech and radio off the guy your controlling and also hear the other players near the person you took remote control over?

Are you guys planning on adding zeus compability? So when you take control over a unit you can actually use direct speech and radio off the guy your controlling and also hear the other players near the person you took remote control over?

Honestly man I don't know what is wrong with your game. My group uses 9.12 and we have no problems in Zeus hearing players, communicating with players even when remote controlling AI.

This is not an uncommon thing.  My unit has the same problem on all of our servers using  0.9.12.  We cannot talk in direct or use radio while remote controlling an AI with Zeus.
You mind posting up your module settings?

the only module setting we use is the Force TFAR module

we have no long range radios, sw and lw radio frequencies the set to synced and rifleman radios set to NO - all players get a PRC 152.

I lost my bookmarks when I reinstalled ts. Other team members do not want to take that risk :)
I will try the new plugin

we had someone last night have trouble with their TS plugin all they did was go into the new plug in settings on ts and click reload and their plugin worked fine.

I have problem

When i press CAPS instead of radio channel i hear direct TS conversation. TFR initialized both on server side and client, everything seems like working, can manage radio interface, change frequency etc.

PTT button moved from CAPS in TS3 and ARMA3

Do i have to create special channel in TS3 to make it work correct? Imade one "TaskForceRadio", when i load in the game TS3 automaticali directs me there

Used with latest v. of TS3 3.1.0.1, with fix (.dll) and without.

Need suppot please...

On 12.1.2017 at 4:33 AM, diehardfc said:

My community is also having the problem where Remote Control units cannot hear other players and the players cannot hear the Remote Control character. This happened after we upgraded to 0.9.12, so two of us performed a test. We downgraded one client to 0.9.8 and that client used RC. The RC character could hear players, but the player on v.0.9.12 couldn't hear the RC character. Only when we downgraded both of us to 0.9.8 could both player and RC character hear each other.

I wanted to clarify for Dedmen how the Remote Control function usually works: it doesn't usually involve syncing any units to Zeus or another module. In general, this is how RC occurs in many multiplayer missions:

2. The curator ascends to/becomes Zeus and navigates to some far off location on the map where other players are. His player character is left behind.

With past versions of TFAR, the Remote Control character could hear everything around them and be heard by everyone around them, as if they were just another player. Meanwhile, the curator's player character couldn't hear or be heard, and was effectively "offline." Once the RC character died or you were finished, you could select another one, and it would have the same audio properties. This was a tremendous boon for Game Masters.

Thank you for your continued work on this outstanding mod. It's an amazing addition to any group's collection, and I hope you're able to work up a solution to this particular issue. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

I see that somebody listed this above. So I guess there's more people having problem with it.

On 13.1.2017 at 10:03 AM, perfectum said:

On 13.1.2017 at 5:03 PM, rekkless said:

Honestly man I don't know what is wrong with your game. My group uses 9.12 and we have no problems in Zeus hearing players, communicating with players even when remote controlling AI.

Do you guys have a own Zeus slot or do you take control over zeus after joining as a player? That's atleast what we do. It sounds like the audio is locked the to character you orgianlly joined with and not the one your remotely controlling so they hear you from the orginal player and not the person your remotely controlling.

Perfect please disregard my post. I hadn't yet updated Teamspeak. Now everyone has updated to the latest version it is now impossible to communicate with players when remote controlling AI.

Thx for you jobs, it's very good !

And I have a question: Can you add the possibility of hearing the players via the radio task force without being beside them, but via the camera zeus ? Please ?

Sorry for my bad english..

On 11/15/2016 at 9:53 AM, Tuntematon said:

Hi. I noticed that when im using TFAR. Offroad (armed) is always RED. And if i try edit vehicle appearance in editor, in camo it show N/A. But when i remove TFAR. I can see all the normal camos.

Always same thing when i downloaded TFAR and CBA from Steam workshop or armaholic.

Hi we have the same problem. I think we found why the Task force Radio give us this effect. Everything is due to the vanilla Offroad_01_base_f class. This base is use for every offroad on the game. It's the primary class.  In the vanilla game the offroad_01_armed_base is the  subclass of the Offroad_01_military_base_01 and not of the Offroad_01_base_f. To create the camo offroad this military class is the subclass of the offroad_01_base_f_class.

On the task force radio mod we could finds a vehicle.hpp file where the TFR team configure the vehicle.  In this file we could see this parameters : 

class Offroad_01_base_f;
class Offroad_01_armed_base_F:Offroad_01_base_f
{
    tf_hasLRradio = 1;
    tf_isolatedAmount = 0.25;
};

In these line we could see that the offroad_01_armed_base_F is now a subclass of the offroad_01_base_f ( the primary class)  and not of the offroad_01_military_base_01 , its normal class. 

The color of the offroad_01_base_f class is RED.

To found again the camo offroad vehicle and to get the configuration of TFR, I replace these line by : 

class Offroad_01_military_base_F;
class Offroad_01_base_f
{
    tf_hasLRradio = 1;
};
class Offroad_01_armed_base_F:Offroad_01_military_base_F
{
    tf_hasLRradio = 1;
};

I test this modification on my local computer and it works again. 

I did not test the Task force parameters as I was alone. 

I let you see if it correct this problem ,

I will not modify the Mod by myself so we will still using the official Mod but now I kwow  that I do not need to modify the color of my screen.

• Like 1

On 13.1.2017 at 9:16 AM, M1ke_SK said:

@nkey When I start using tfar I dont have radio on me yet, so I add there sleep for 5 seconds to wait that tfar is initialized.

How to check if addon is initializated at mission start? Is there any variable to check of maybe function?

There is a OnRadiosReceived Event. you can listen to it using TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler. It will fire after Your Radios were instanciated.

This Event may only fire once and there is no Variable set after it. So you have to add the Eventhandler as soon as possible in your init.sqf or anything else.

On 3.1.2017 at 2:20 PM, Johnny Drama said:

any intel on the 64bit version? couldnt fint anything in github/website...

The 1.0 Pre-releases have 64bit support. They are on Github under Releases ^^ But the Changelog is still missing the Entry for 64Bit support.

On 9.1.2017 at 4:44 PM, Iceman2004 said:

Does anyone have issue with TFAR saying wrong version after a dedicated server has been running for An extended period of time on their server

Yes that also happens to my quite often.. I always just click it away because i know it's wrong. That Problem has been fixed in 1.0.

The bug with the only Red Offroader was Fixed last Week. The Bug with Zeus remote Control only happens if you have the Game Master Module attached to a Unit. If you use a Zeus Logic it works fine.

I am rarely checking this Forum thread and it's kinda hard to keep Track of stuff. If you always want to get the latest News or Live support you can get both in our Discord https://discord.gg/8emCVsz

Many of the bugs you guys report have already been Fixed in our new 1.0 Update. But that will only be released when it's done and there will be no 0.9.x release anymore because we are putting all work into 1.0.

It's also always a good Idea to check our Github. You can get the 1.0 Pre-Release there and also updates on latest issues like the Teamspeak 3.1 thingy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dedmen said:

There is a OnRadiosReceived Event. you can listen to it using TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler. It will fire after Your Radios were instanciated.

This Event may only fire once and there is no Variable set after it. So you have to add the Eventhandler as soon as possible in your init.sqf or anything else.

Thank you, perfect.

i have a script that adds a loadout to units, but sometimes the short range radio gets replaced by some item from tfar.. its some radio frequency setter.. how can i disable that?

also one more thing.. the short range radios have an id attached to the name (for example tf_anprc152_3). Can this be removed? I store the loadout in a database and when 2 people have the same id, it creates a problem when one of them is switching the frequency

Just for the same reason like you experienced, I adjust the required radio via loadout editor otherwise frequencies are getting mess due to colliding radio IDs :/

On 26.1.2017 at 3:47 PM, tebbbs said:

i have a script that adds a loadout to units, but sometimes the short range radio gets replaced by some item from tfar.. its some radio frequency setter.. how can i disable that?

also one more thing.. the short range radios have an id attached to the name (for example tf_anprc152_3). Can this be removed? I store the loadout in a database and when 2 people have the same id, it creates a problem when one of them is switching the frequency

No the ID cannot be removed. BI doesn't offer a better solution.

You can check the config entry of that radio for the tf_parent entry. It contains the base classname.

ex. (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "tf_anprc152_3" >> "tf_parent") -> "tf_anprc152"

you can use the TFAR_fnc_isRadio function to check if a classname is a Radio.

On 12/01/2017 at 4:33 AM, diehardfc said:

How to slove this problem ? please?