nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Is there currently any way to have the AI be alerted to TFAR sounds? ie people talking on normal or yelling?

Would be cool if we had to whisper when sneaking around etc :)

Same here, already asked but seemed no one was having the problem.

Which Operating System and TS3 version are you using?

No, the voices are absolutely quieter since the last TS update. I think people are just living with it instead of complaining. I think it should be fixed.

• Like 2

Am i wrong or TFAR lower general ts sounds?

Playing arma with TFAR i need to lower general volume too much to be able to hear not radio comms.

Thx for your attention!

Probably it is done by Windows because it knows you are talking online

So we use a template for our init.sqf for our mission builders and somehow it doesn't for CSAT forces and I'm completely stumped why.

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

tf_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;
publicVariable "tf_give_microdagr_to_soldier";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";

_settingsLRWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings; 
_settingsLRWest set [2, ["50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58"]]; 
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLRWest; 
publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";

_settingsSwEast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;                          // pre define the SW freqs
_settingsSwEast set [2, ["210","211","212","213","214","215","216","217"]];
tf_freq_east = _settingsSwEast;
publicVariable "tf_freq_east";

_settingsLREast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings;                            // pre define the LR freqs
_settingsLREast set [2, ["20","21","22","23","24","25","26","27","28"]]; 
tf_freq_east_lr = _settingsLREast;
publicVariable "tf_freq_east_lr";

This is the code used, works fine for WEST, but not for EAST (CSAT) forces. This leads to radios and backpacks! being removed, even though teamleads should not be getting backpacks in the first place.

Somehow it works (sporadically), but I'm still not sure that this is the right way to do this - any help would be appreciated.

Probably it is because of order of execution... Is it it the top of init.sqf?

will work this code on dedicated server?

init.sqf

if (isNil "tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator") then {

if (side player == West) then {    

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        player addEventhandler ["respawn", {player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];}];
    };
};
};

};

if (isNil "tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator") then {

if (side player == West) then {    

player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        player addEventhandler ["respawn", {player setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1,true];}];
    };
};  
};

};

Then later in mission, when player deploy a radio tower, radio send/receive range increase

radio.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {}; // Server only
{
 if (side _x == West) then {    
_x setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];
_x setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];

if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        _x addEventhandler ["respawn", {_x setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];}];
        _x addEventhandler ["respawn", {_x setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];}];

};
};
};

} foreach (playableUnits + switchableUnits);

Use

_x setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator", 0.6,true];

_x setVariable ["tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator", 1.5,true];

instead

When is this expected to be released on steam workshop?

Last time I checked it was not possible because some technical limitations. Need to recheck.

Is there currently any way to have the AI be alerted to TFAR sounds? ie people talking on normal or yelling?

Would be cool if we had to whisper when sneaking around etc :)

We were thinking about it, but technically it is possible and probably should be located in some AI addon in script.

No, the voices are absolutely quieter since the last TS update. I think people are just living with it instead of complaining. I think it should be fixed.

Are they quiter only while TFAR running or just with TS?

We currently have a weird problem with the serious mode. At the beginning of the mission only a certain group of players is being moved to the serious-mode channel. I double checked the group rights on our TS server, but so far I haven't found a setting that should prevent other groups from being moved. Has anyone else had the same problem or knows the setting I have to change?

We currently have a weird problem with the serious mode. At the beginning of the mission only a certain group of players is being moved to the serious-mode channel. I double checked the group rights on our TS server, but so far I haven't found a setting that should prevent other groups from being moved. Has anyone else had the same problem or knows the setting I have to change?

have you tried with vanilla mission? maybe something scripting related (because looks like it works for 100+ sessions)?

have you tried with vanilla mission? maybe something scripting related (because looks like it works for 100+ sessions)?

No, not yet. I set up our serious-mode channel with this simple piece:

tf_radio_channel_name = "Arma3-TFAR";

tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

This is executed before initialisation on server and every client. But the problem is that the serious mode is triggered on every client, but not every TS client is moved in TS. Only one specific TS-group is being moved - all other groups (like guests or normal groups) are not being moved. That's why I don't think it's something scripting related.

Sounds like a ts permission issue. I.e the permissions for guest and visitors are not high enough to join that channel, or the channel join permissions are set too high

Are they quiter only while TFAR running or just with TS?

Same Problems here, with some Players.

When they activate their Plugin in Teamspeak -> Everyone is silenced, even if nobody is on the Server.

Sounds like a ts permission issue. I.e the permissions for guest and visitors are not high enough to join that channel, or the channel join permissions are set too high

That's what I figured. The problem is: Which setting would that be? The admins can move every client from every group on our server. Unfortunately tfar doesn't seem to have this right - tfar only moves our admins. How would I go about changing that?

I suppose it has something to do with the i_client_needed_move_power. Every group has a value of 50 or lower. The admins have a value of 75. I always thought, a higher value would mean that a group would have to have a higher power to move someone. Could it be the other way around?

#edit: I found it out: The users didn't report their error messages. It was caused by the max_family-value of the channel which was set to 0. Therefor no server group without the needed_join_power could enter the channel if someone was already in there. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Is it possible to have a radio on table in HQ office and hear all coms between friendly units on speaker of that radio?

Same Problems here, with some Players.

When they activate their Plugin in Teamspeak -> Everyone is silenced, even if nobody is on the Server.

I had an issue that I should setup in PlayBack settings, "Mono sound Expansion", to Mono to Surround (if Avaliable). If I do setup "Mono to Center speaker" the voices where muted.

About the sound, it ONLY happens when I activate the plugin in my TS3, being or not in the game.

No, not yet. I set up our serious-mode channel with this simple piece:

tf_radio_channel_name = "Arma3-TFAR";

tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

This is executed before initialisation on server and every client. But the problem is that the serious mode is triggered on every client, but not every TS client is moved in TS. Only one specific TS-group is being moved - all other groups (like guests or normal groups) are not being moved. That's why I don't think it's something scripting related.

Probably something with permissions on TS side... Also, you could try with default channel and password.

I had an issue that I should setup in PlayBack settings, "Mono sound Expansion", to Mono to Surround (if Avaliable). If I do setup "Mono to Center speaker" the voices where muted.

About the sound, it ONLY happens when I activate the plugin in my TS3, being or not in the game.

Oh, not sure I get everyone correctly.

Looks like there two issues:

Sound of voices in TS while game not running and plugin activated

Sound of game events whille game runnin (not sure if plugin related to it)

Do you have only first issue, right?

Oh, not sure I get everyone correctly.

Looks like there two issues:

Sound of voices in TS while game not running and plugin activated

Sound of game events whille game runnin (not sure if plugin related to it)

Do you have only first issue, right?

Sound of voices when plugin activated, whereas the game is running or not. I have to upmix the TS3 voices of people to +18DB to be able to hear them again at the same percieved volumen before activating the plugin.

What can it be if:

- server and client loads the same version of the mod

- it worked before

- the clients can hear each other like TFR is not used but using the radio works

- the plugin says: not connected

never had this problem but after we restartet our root server, i cant find a solution.

We were thinking about it, but technically it is possible and probably should be located in some AI addon in script.

Would be cool if a setup can be made: ""Enemy overwatch the radio chatter in their territory. If you are using LR-Radio the enemy knows that you are here and send more patrols to that area"" ;)

Sound of voices when plugin activated, whereas the game is running or not. I have to upmix the TS3 voices of people to +18DB to be able to hear them again at the same percieved volumen before activating the plugin.

Could you try to play with TS settings? mono-to-stereo, etc...

What can it be if:

- server and client loads the same version of the mod

- it worked before

- the clients can hear each other like TFR is not used but using the radio works

- the plugin says: not connected

never had this problem but after we restartet our root server, i cant find a solution.

Would be cool if a setup can be made: ""Enemy overwatch the radio chatter in their territory. If you are using LR-Radio the enemy knows that you are here and send more patrols to that area"" ;)

Not sure I undestand you correctly..

Not sure I undestand you correctly..

- TRF is not working but the peep when using the radio works. The display also appears on bottom right for radio talk. We hear each other in TS normally, no TRF active :(