nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hey Dedmen. I just wanted to ask if you continue to work on this great mod? The last update seems to be a long time ago?!

Thank you for this fantastic mod and all the time you have invested in it. 🤗

19 hours ago, Knight81 said:

ey Dedmen. I just wanted to ask if you continue to work on this great mod?

Yep.

19 hours ago, Knight81 said:

The last update seems to be a long time ago?!

Yes, severely lacking the free time and joy of working on it sadly. I'd say I'd push a new update soon but I don't want to make any guarantees that I can't live up to.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Yep.

Yes, severely lacking the free time and joy of working on it sadly. I'd say I'd push a new update soon but I don't want to make any guarantees that I can't live up to.

What are your plans for the future of the mod?

Good news 🙂 Thank you Dedmen! You rock!

I usually find this error can be resolved by reloading the plugin in TS or restarting TS...and of course having TS running while you are testing.

Afraid I'm not aware of the technical aspects, that's just my experiences as a user.

16 hours ago, kyranpabla said:

initllay normal TFAR didnt work

why not?

16 hours ago, kyranpabla said:

and it worked but it says Pipe was closed by TS

You mean it works but it doesn't work? So.. in the end it doesn't work? right?

**SOLVED** - The @ZKs_iBuild mod was interfering with it - works since removing the mod....

Hi,

Altis Life v5

TFAR v0.9.12

TS v3.5.1

MODS - 

D3 Cars pack

CBA_A3

Australia 5.0.9

JSRS Sound Mod

CUP Weapons

iPhone X

My first question is how to set the SW radio to unlimited distance / or 50klm distance - i assume it is in the task_force_radio.pbo/functions but cannot figure it out. I am using the Australia map and it is huge - players are often the otherside of the map and need to communicate with each other.

I have found this - fn_getTransmittingDistanceMultiplicator there is this code - 

private ["_result"];
_result = TFAR_currentUnit getVariable "tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator";
if (isNil "_result") then {
    _result = 1.0;
};
_result;

would i adjust this -     _result = 1.0;?

I have looked for this - tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator and cannot seem to find it.

I have found the - fn_radioRelay.sqf script but this either requires pre-spawned vehicles or objects with  - [this, 10, 20000] call adv_fnc_radioRelay; in the init section and players need to manually activate it.

I would prefer that the players did not have to do this.

Yes there are LR radios but this takes away the backpack from the players.

I am looking for away to hard code the SW radios distance.

I have gone through all the functions in the .pbo and cannot seem to see where i would do this. (I am going through each function again)

Testing with the help of this - https://forum.the-programmer.com/post/install-tfar-on-your-server.218/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first in game problem i and other players are having is that we can CTRL+P and open the radio interface once. After it has been opened it will not open again.

I assume this next problem is related to the above mentioned one - When CTRL+ TAB players can only set the volume once - yelling then it does not change/adjust after that.

Things we have tried -

Have gone through this post for any answers/solutions -  https://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/104-tutorial-install-task-force-radio-dedicated-server-client-side/

Relogging - this does bring back up the radio interface and volume control  but again only once.

Rebinding keys - same result

Reinstalling TFAR on all sides. - same result

Tried in all factions same issue across all.

root/Userconfig/task_force_radio/radio_settings.hpp

// =================================================
// Server side only
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0;
TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;
TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = 1;
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = 0;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = 0;
tf_same_dd_frequencies_for_side = 0;
// END: Server side only
// Client side
tf_default_radioVolume = 7;
// END: Client side

Hoping someone can provide guidance as we really love the quality of this mod/addon and it is adding an immersion value to the experience.

Thank you.

@Dedmen is TF_terrain_interception_coefficient not used anymore? When I try to get the variable from the player, I get NULL in MP (started from Eden as MP). Is this normal? 
I am trying to make a jammer and thought I can play with this variable assigned to players to give noise effect to their radios. Is this variable suitable for that? How is it adjusted by TFAR during the game? Whenever a transmit or receive happens it recalculates this value?

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

is TF_terrain_interception_coefficient not used anymore?

its still used

When I try to get the variable from the player

why are you trying to get it from a player? its a global variable.

Is this variable suitable for that?

not really, receiving/sending range is better, or globalRange for 1.0

How is it adjusted by TFAR during the game?

not at all

Whenever a transmit or receive happens it recalculates this value?

no, its a coefficient, it doesn't change.

now checked the tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator and tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator and they return also null in MP (started over Eden). Are these values not initialized by the mod?

hint format ["%1", player getVariable "tf_sendingDistanceMultiplicator"]

On 4/13/2020 at 7:59 PM, Devastator_cm said:

I tried to get it from player because in Wiki it states so

http://prntscr.com/rylxvn

But.. it doesn't..

On 4/13/2020 at 8:28 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Are these values not initialized by the mod?

No they aren't. Defaults are used when they are not set.

I am, as a few others as i understood from what i've found in this thread and elsewhere - looking to make some sort of "command/communication center" where I want to have one or several long/short range radios transmitting on stereo. 

I've understood that there is something called "Static Radio", or was perhaps, as i cannot find any modules or Zeus options for this in game currently. I've looked into certain work arounds, but before digging deeper into potential work-arounds i'd like to check if there is any function or setup for where i can set an object/TFAR object to be a source of transmitting live radio feed from the players. I read somewhere that you were going to make a video tutorial of how to set up Static Radio, but cannot say i found any when googling for it. 

So, whats the latest and greatest on this particular function?

12 hours ago, Ulfgaar said:

i'd like to check if there is any function or setup for where i can set an object/TFAR object to be a source of transmitting live radio feed from the players.

Transmitting and receiving are very different things 🙃

You can use TFAR 1.0 static radio (just place backpack or radio in 3den, and double click) to place down a radio and set it to speakers, but you cannot transmit on a radio thats laying on the ground.

TFAR still works pretty well and we really love it but is it correct that the last commit on github was the 03 Oct 2019? Does the mod have a future or are you busy with other topics Dedmen?

Anyway, thank you so much for your fantastic mod. We use it since the first day and it worked every time really good!

We see that there are coming a lot of new changes in ACRE and we wonder if there will be any innovations with TFAR?!

14 hours ago, Knight81 said:

but is it correct that the last commit on github was the 03 Oct 2019?

No, last was 18 days ago.

Does the mod have a future or are you busy with other topics Dedmen?

Both.

if there will be any innovations with TFAR?!

What innovations are you thinking of? There isn't that much to innovate I think.

Ah, thx for the answer! 🙂

18 days ago? Oh sorry I must have looked at the wrong place. Where can I find the last commits? I looked at this page here: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/compare/1.0-PreRelease...0bb41e261caefa3206b49ea1673cc7793e364f26

Yeah, you're right. TFAR is nearly perfect 😄 It was more a question if you have further plans and ideas (new features, improvements etc.) with TFAR like e.g. mobile antennas that can be build up or smth like that. Or maybe a (hand) gesture when someone is yelling or an indicator when someone is whispering to me. Stuff like that 😄

2 minutes ago, Knight81 said:

Where can I find the last commits?

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/commits/master

if you have further plans and ideas (new features, improvements etc.) with TFAR

Want to overhaul spectator mode, its currently way too crusty. And also add support for using other peoples radios while just standing nearby, the backend for that is already implemented but not the frontend.

e.g. mobile antennas that can be build up

Yeah i wanted that, but not the time or modelling skills, and the ILBE antenna mod already exists.

Or maybe a (hand) gesture when someone is yelling or an indicator when someone is whispering to me.

No 😄

Got a fun one for you, Dedmen.

Spoiler

I have had issues with my radios not transmitting properly. in the last three weeks I was able to test it in a controlled environment last night and discovered the following issues.

1. Long Range Radio hotkey activated and transmitted over the short range frequency.

2. When LRR activated the SRR it toggled the mic hot - meaning that the radio kept transmitting incorrectly on the SRR, even though the Transmit button was not currently pressed, until I pressed the SRR Transmit hotkey - at which point it stopped transmitting.

Control steps that were taken:

1. A total uninstall and reinstall of all Arms 3 mods, the TFAR plugin, and TS3 (literally everything except Arma 3 itself, which underwent the local verification twice).

2. Changed Transmit hotkeys to ensure that there was no digital signal interference.

3. Attempted the same without a LRR.

4. Attempted with changing TS Voice Activation through all three modes.

A further explanation of the hotkey changes and setup I use:

Primary SRR: Up

Additional SRR: Down

Primary LRR: Right

Additional LRR: Left I

have the arrow keys mapped to the side buttons on my mouse using the Logitech G Hub software.

As a control measure I changed the transmit buttons to:

SRR Primary: T

LRR Primary: CAPS

The issue persisted regardless of keybind. An interesting note is that when I put an LRR backpack on I would transmit over both LRR and SRR somehow - or at least, when I transmitted over the LRR with the backpack and I released the transmit button the SRR was already broadcasting.

This is a link to all the mods my unit is running. I do not believe it is a mod issue as I am literally the only person in my unit (100ish) having said issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=1687967275

^^^ All other mods are shown as dependencies to this mod.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:50 PM, Harvath.S said:

1. Long Range Radio hotkey activated and transmitted over the short range frequency.

whaaaaaaat the heck.

You are running old TFAR, you could try if same happens on new TFAR https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894678801

Also that modpack you linked seems to contain illegal mod reuploads to the workshop 🤔

On 8/17/2020 at 9:15 AM, Dedmen said:

whaaaaaaat the heck.

You are running old TFAR, you could try if same happens on new TFAR https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894678801

Also that modpack you linked seems to contain illegal mod reuploads to the workshop 🤔

We're looking at making the flip soon, hopefully that takes care of it. Just thought you would like knowing about the crosstalk.

As for the stuff in the pack - anything inside it is either created internally, added and uploaded with the proper permissions and authorizations from the authors, a mod that is outdated with an author nowhere to be found, or in a few cases a test version of a mod for the author before they push it globally. Our Server Shop makes sure nothing gets added that violates the EULA or the wishes of a mod author.

Hi all,

does any one know of a way to block specific radio frequencies to stop players from using that freq but not block the entire radio.

basically i want to jamm specific frequencies

On 6/28/2018 at 9:29 AM, Nutzgo said:

Sometimes when my other squad members use TFR, I experience double voicing. Especially if he uses the long range radio (LRR). First I hear him on the LRR with the sound effect. Then after 2-3 seconds I hear him again, as if he was right next to me.

I too am experiencing this issue. I'm not sure what's going on.

We've made sure to refresh the plugin, fully update, restart TS3 and Arma 3. Still experiencing this issue.

Its not the whole group, only a couple of the guys.