nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Does anybody has any jamming script for TFAR 1.0? I want to create an area where no radio communication can be done until an objective is finished.

Is such thing possible with TFAR 1.0?

I got one i found here.

it works

come over to oure ts and i can givet it to you 😄

www.3para-gu.com

Hello there @Dedmen, I'm not so good in scripting and programming, so following on github the progress, i do not understand more than nothing, but i see the milestone is about 92%...

I would ask how much is stable the current TFR release, and what is missing to be the stable (1.0) release?

I know i can't ask news about, but now it seems to be 3 months since the last update...

I know you working on other projects, so i'm not asking you to finish the mod, just status updates...

Anyway thank you.

41 minutes ago, -Lucas said:

I would ask how much is stable the current TFR release, and what is missing to be the stable (1.0) release?

Only known good builds get pushed to the steam workshop. So if you stay with the beta on the workshop you should be good.
Current build looks very stable but the previous build was horrendous, so I want some definitive "bugs are gone. All working fine" from the beta/alpha tester community before pushing it to workshop.
What's missing is still some small features and bug fixes and lots of testing till 1.0 release.

Not everything has a ticket on github. I'm being lazy and just pin messages in the discord.

Last update has been 15 days ago. But I didn't get enough "it works fine" feedback to consider it stable enough to be pushed to the workshop. If you want the latest status updates you can join the TFAR Discord.

Discord invite: 8emCVsz

• Thanks 1

we only face sometimes issue with vehicle radios. They do not transmit to long radios by infantry although other vehicle drivers can hear them.

No idea if it is an issue by the user or the mod though

3 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

we only face sometimes issue with vehicle radios. They do not transmit to long radios by infantry although other vehicle drivers can hear them.

No idea if it is an issue by the user or the mod though

Encryption code issue.
That's one of the things preventing 1.0 release.
Something somewhere is sometimes causing encryption codes to just be empty. Which causes a code missmatch and you cannot hear people anymore.

as workaround is there a way to detect with a watcher logic such empty codes in assets and assign a new code?

11 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

as workaround is there a way to detect with a watcher logic such empty codes in assets and assign a new code?

As a workaround you can just disable radio codes or set all 3 factions to the same code, if you don't actually need the encryption.

Otherwise

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/core/functions/fnc_getLrRadioCode.sqf

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/core/functions/fnc_setLrRadioCode.sqf

To get the LR Radio while player is inside vehicle:

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/core/functions/fnc_vehicleLr.sqf

You could do your check on getIn eventhandler for example. Not sure if getIn might be too soon though.

• Like 1

that is already a good solution for my case as we do coop against AI 🙂 So I will disable or set them all to same code and will get rid of mystery behind the long range radios

Hi there, I have a weird problem with TFAR.

When we use our normal mods set we have no trouble with TFAR however when we use our ww2 mods pack we get the "no TFAR deployed on this server" message.

we are using the same TFAR mod for both sets, any idea what could be going wrong? I have tried it since the latest update as well and we are getting the same message it does have TFAR in it, I put it there also it used to work fine, we have been using TFAR with it for months now with no problems, this issue has only just started in the past weeks. @Tfar is in the command line and it uses the same tfar files.

I have tried everything I can think of, starting TFAR in different spots in the load order testing on normal bis missions, nothing works, I always get the same message.

below are some screenshots of the issues

G0xud55.jpg

Hrx1wdX.jpg

yEMcaVU.jpg

exbWsa7.jpg

3V7BL2I.jpg

any help would really help. thanks in advance

8 hours ago, PSYKO_nz said:

however when we use our ww2 mods pack we get the "no TFAR deployed on this server" message.

WW2 mods break TFAR's serverside script.

The Variable "TF_server_addon_version" doesn't get set/publicVariable'd. It is usually being set in preInit.

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/core/XEH_preInit.sqf#L115

Is there a way to mute players waiting in respawn? Currently all respawning players (vanilla respawn screen) are able to communicate with each other while waiting to respawn. This  causes issues as players may freely share information that the other players should not know (enemy locations etc.).

8 minutes ago, jone_kone said:

Is there a way to mute players waiting in respawn?

Can mute them or make them deaf by setting a variable on them. Or just move them further apart.

player setVariable ["tf_globalVolume", 0]

To make a player deaf

player setVariable ["tf_globalVolume", 1]

to return to normal.

• Thanks 1

@Dedmen may i ask if you will include your retexture mod in the next release of the tfar? it's not a request, take it like a suggestion or an informative question...

7 hours ago, -Lucas said:

if you will include your retexture mod in the next release of the tfar

My retexture mod? You mean OPXT? I didn't make that I just updated it and take care of it for the author.

And no, won't be added into TFAR.

Hey lads, I've been having a problem with my task force radio. 

When I play online, everything works perfectly but I do not hear any blips or squash sounds from the radios. As you might imagine that renders identifying which radio the transmission is coming from extremely difficult. 

Has anyone encountered the same issue? I have uninstalled the taskforce and reinstalled, and reinstalled ArmA3. And the problem persists. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

23 hours ago, JPBraz said:

Hey lads, I've been having a problem with my task force radio. 

When I play online, everything works perfectly but I do not hear any blips or squash sounds from the radios. As you might imagine that renders identifying which radio the transmission is coming from extremely difficult. 

Has anyone encountered the same issue? I have uninstalled the taskforce and reinstalled, and reinstalled ArmA3. And the problem persists. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Does your windows username contain any non-english characters? If yes, then that's it.

0.9.12 has been updated with new plugins for Teamspeak 3.3.0
https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/releases/tag/0.9.12

Steam workshop will be updated as soon as possible has been updated too.
Also the 3.1 compat plugin is gone because that was actually just left in an accident and was never useful.

Keep in mind that 1.0 will be released soon so you should probably switch over to the Beta.

Also 1.0 is of course already compatible with Teamspeak 3.3.0 since last week, and I donated my multi API compatibility to ACRE team.

In other news.....

firefox_2019-06-17_19-21-35.png

huff (this now means that there won't be any updates to 0.9.12 anymore, there is no branch anymore to push that to)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Way back in the day my friend made me a script that pre defined the TFAR channels for me, including stereo and additional and life was good. At a point in time during this year, cant remember exactly when, the script stopped working for the additional and stereo settings. I would reeeeeeheheally like to get this functionality back.

Is there anyway I can preset default channels on SR and LR, including additional channel and stereo settings? Im techno handicapped so please include details if you guys have a solution. If it can still be done through a userconfig file, can someone please give me a dummy copy which I can edit since I cant find such a file anywhere on the internet.

Like this maybe?

Does the channels at least. I would think the stereo options would be a more personal choice.

Second link with a google search 😉

tfar beta has frequency setup for short and long range radios as in built functionality. You can set it easily over eden editor without any script

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, Devastator_cm said:

tfar beta has frequency setup for short and long range radios as in built functionality. You can set it easily over eden editor without any script

Even better!

What it mean this sentence? "Also it is possible to load radio settings from another radio with same encryption code."

Is at Ctrl+P and Alt+P keys combinations at TFAR manual.

4 hours ago, joaquinferrero said:

Also it is possible to load radio settings from another radio with same encryption code.

uh.. what..

I have.. no idea. You cannot "copy" radio settings directly, which is how I would understand that sentence.