nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

19 hours ago, Dedmen said:

They are in the Radio sounds folder next to the Teamspeak plugins.

Doesn't sound like it. "TeamSpeak 3 Client" is not the name of the appData folder.

I am in \This PC\Local Disk (C:)\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugins and inside I made a 'radio-sounds' folder and placing the sound files in there doesn't do anything. Inside 'radio-sounds I have the following folders: ab, dd, lr, sw and folowing files: off.wav, on.wav. For now I am using crosstalk that way it sounds like people are talking over a radio but I am trying to get my Caps Lock key which is Short Range Radio transmit to sound different than TFAR sound, don't know if that make sense. Am I placing the files in the correct folder? If so, is there something else I am missing?

Have you given the radio sounds the right names (have to be the ones from the original folders) and have you created the wavs in the right length and in 44.1kHz?

I made a couple of sounds myself and noticed that the sampling frequency had to be exactly 44.1kHz.

By the way, my radio-sounds are still only in C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config\plugins\radio-sounds

On 5/19/2018 at 2:16 AM, Belbo said:

Have you given the radio sounds the right names (have to be the ones from the original folders) and have you created the wavs in the right length and in 44.1kHz?

I made a couple of sounds myself and noticed that the sampling frequency had to be exactly 44.1kHz.

By the way, my radio-sounds are still only in C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config\plugins\radio-sounds

I downloaded someone else's sounds and it just says to extract the files into the radio-sounds folder and it should work. I am not sure if there is something else I have to do. I tried the files in both types of file paths and I couldn't get it to work. The only thing that I managed to get to work is the cross talk addon for TS3

On 19.5.2018 at 4:01 AM, Strider08 said:

I am in \This PC\Local Disk (C:)\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugins and inside I made a 'radio-sounds' folder and placing the sound files in there doesn't do anything.

You said "Teamspeak 3 Client" folder. That is "TS3Client" though. If you had to make the radio-sounds folder yourself then you are in the wrong place. The Teamspeak plugin installer automatically creates that directory.

If your sounds were in the wrong format like @Belbo says they wouldn't play at all. And you wouldn't just hear the ol sounds.

Greetings, I come seeking some help. Tried searching the forums and Google as well as the Wiki but I'm stumped. Asked my community if anyone knows the answer but sadly, no.

We script our channels and frequencies for each player and I've encountered something odd. The SW Radio is set to the correct channel but the freq is random. This is an example of the script we have... Playing as OPFOR. LR Radios work perfectly.

Script used to set channel: https://pastebin.com/LNrDHxRB
TFAR.sqf (TFAR Settings): https://pastebin.com/sA9E16qZ

Any help would really be appreciated.

On 25.2.2018 at 11:10 AM, thirith said:

Another question from me: in a bunch of missions I've downloaded, we encountered the problem that TFAR stopped working when one of us was down; as soon as they were revived, it worked again. Those missions didn't use the default revive system but a mod (possibly AIS).

I've not done any consistent testing yet - but is this something others have encountered? Are there known conflicts between TFAR and certain revive systems?

Usually AIS has nice configuration file that mission creator uses to set can downed unit use the radio. Most times its good when unit cant, our team loves it and helps us keep chatter up that we will notice fast if someone has dropped from comms and might need help. Sometimes as Zeus i use it as advantage to see how well teamleader is actually keeping count of his team. 

If all players get the "you cannot use radio in bleedout" message, it might be a bug in somewhere how mission was done... Contact the mission creator and ask them to check their AIS configuration. 

I come seeking help with a bit annoying .. bug?

Sometimes when my other squad members use TFR, I experience double voicing. Especially if he uses the long range radio (LRR). First I hear him on the LRR with the sound effect. Then after 2-3 seconds I hear him again, as if he was right next to me. We've all in my squad disabled VON in ARMA3 by muting or changing hotkey. 

Could this be due to latency? We use a 'local' TS-server (I'm hosting it). Or is there an another possible explanation? 

Problem with transmission beeps.

Sound that plays every time I send a radio message or somebody send me a radio massage just disappeared 2 months ago.

I really need that because I am RTO in my squadron and I can't recognize LR transmission from SR transmission.

Is there any way to turn it on BECAUSE I TRIED IT SO MANY TIMES IT MAKES ME CRAZY.

Thanx for your time if replyed.

15 hours ago, CH33KI GUY said:

I can't recognize LR transmission from SR transmission

LR and SR also have different sound effects.

You could try reinstalling the Teamspeak plugin. The radio sounds are supposed to be in your plugins directory. The sounds can't be turned off so it's probably failing to load them.

9 hours ago, ski2060 said:

What happened to cause a revert on update?

People reported problems of the Short Range radios being replaced every 2 seconds. But after the revert other people reported everything was working fine for them..

Honestly the issue sounded like they didn't properly update TFAR. But I know they know what they are doing so I reverted it for now. If I can't reproduce tomorrow I'll update again.

Better go the safe route than break TFAR completely for 2 days till I can fix it.

Thanks for the response.  Everything seemed to be working fine for my unit using the newest version, but like you said, better safe than sorry.

I had another weird situation yesterday with TFAR. People could not hear me over direct communication but only over radio. I never had this in the past. Any idea what can be the issue?

Hi I've been having issues with TFAR Beta with the new update because my addon version says it's unknown and I think it's the one causing my tfar to not function properly. Is there a fix for this?

Task Force Radio Status:Connected to Game: Yes
Playing: Yes
Plugin version: 1.-1.0.298
Addon version: unknown

On 14.7.2018 at 7:36 AM, zivooo said:

because my addon version says it's unknown

That means the TFAR plugin hasn't yet been connected to your game.

@Dedmen

We in Task Force Red are loving the newest Steam Workshop release.

Once we get our new players sorted out and have them completely remove all instances of the old TFAR or the other radio mod; it works like a champ. We are typically running over 20-30 people on our milsim and antistasi servers each day any without problems for several hours at a stretch. Also the CBA settings.sqf trick to add channels to the radios is the best thing since sliced bread and keeps our players from getting channels confused and entered on the wrong frequency. Thanks for the great release and looking forward to the completed version in the future. The way the radio works over terrain is probably the best that I have seen and the ability to adjust the terrain interception coeffcient is pretty slick as well from a mission maker perspective. Having spent numerous hours learning and tweaking little things in the CBA settings has really helped create a great experience with TFAR Beta.

• Like 1

is there any way to apply a vocal effect to a voice, for example, pressing key X, and you talk over TS and others hear your voice but with the "speaker" radio effect applied to it?

if so, how would one go about doing it? 

On 21/07/2018 at 7:24 AM, dezkit said:

is there any way to apply a vocal effect to a voice, for example, pressing key X, and you talk over TS and others hear your voice but with the "speaker" radio effect applied to it?

There is a plugin for Teamspeak that make voices sound like they are coming from a radio, problem is that is works for ALL voices and not just the ones coming from the ingame radio.

Plugin name is Radio FX

On 21.7.2018 at 8:24 AM, dezkit said:

You can do the thing @kerozen recommended. Or if you know C++ you could mod the TFAR Teamspeak plugin to do that and get the exact same sound effect. I actually did that a couple weeks ago to diagnose some bugs.

Here is the code to apply a radio effect in this case "SwRadioEffect". The errorLevel is the Terrain/Distance interference.
https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/ts/src/plugin.cpp#L680-L690
And here is the function that manipulates your microphone audio before it goes out
https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/ts/src/plugin.cpp#L717
You need to also do

edited |= 3;

If you edit the audio.

• Like 2

Good morning to all, I hope you are very well, I am here because I would like to ask if this is possible to do with the current version of the radio task force, and if so, how could I do it? thank you very much 

TFAR_fnc_AddEventHandler – to add an event handler

TFAR_fnc_removeEventHandler – to remove it.

[MyID, EventName, Code, Object] call TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler;

// binding to the player object: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", { hint format ["%1 %2 speaking", _this select 0, if(_this select 1)then{"is"}else{"isn't"}]; }, Player] call TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler;

// binding to the mission namespace and not the player object in particular: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", { hint format ["%1 %2 speaking", _this select 0, if(_this select 1)then{"is"}else{"isn't"}]; }, ObjNull] call TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler;

// removing event handler that was bound to the player: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", player] call TFAR_fnc_removeEventHandler

// removing event handler that was bound to the mission namespace: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", objNull] call TFAR_fnc_removeEventHandler

16 hours ago, elthefrank said:

Good morning to all, I hope you are very well, I am here because I would like to ask if this is possible to do with the current version of the radio task force, and if so, how could I do it? thank you very much 

TFAR_fnc_AddEventHandler – to add an event handler

TFAR_fnc_removeEventHandler – to remove it.

[MyID, EventName, Code, Object] call TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler;

// binding to the player object: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", { hint format ["%1 %2 speaking", _this select 0, if(_this select 1)then{"is"}else{"isn't"}]; }, Player] call TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler;

// binding to the mission namespace and not the player object in particular: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", { hint format ["%1 %2 speaking", _this select 0, if(_this select 1)then{"is"}else{"isn't"}]; }, ObjNull] call TFAR_fnc_addEventHandler;

// removing event handler that was bound to the player: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", player] call TFAR_fnc_removeEventHandler

// removing event handler that was bound to the mission namespace: ["MyID", "OnSpeak", objNull] call TFAR_fnc_removeEventHandler

Nice copy-paste from some TFAR wiki..

16 hours ago, elthefrank said:

to ask if this is possible

What is "this"?

• Like 1

hello guys greetings to all, I had not seen that they had answered me that's why I'm giving account now @Dedmen, this is an event call to talk to the radio task force, its function is that the AI can listen to you at a certain set distance, and go to your position, but from what I have been able to review and what programmers have told me that this is for the beta version of the radio task force only, so I wanted to ask the creator directly if this is still possible with the current version of the radio task task, another thing that I wanted to ask guys, how is the radio called? blufor when we enter the map? I was checking but there are several models of the type of radio that gives you by default when entering the map but I could not know exactly what it is? thanks in advance a hug

For anyone who is still having issues with getting their custom radio key sounds working, export your custom sounds as 48000hz instead of 44100hz, this has fixed it on my end as I was using Audacity to export the sounds and it kept exporting as 44100hz even when I manually changed the setting to export as 48000hz, so I opened the sounds in sony vegas and exported as 48000hz and it worked perfectly.

• Like 1

On 22.9.2018 at 10:34 PM, elthefrank said:

but from what I have been able to review and what programmers have told me that this is for the beta version of the radio task force only

That would be very dumb though. The beta already has AI hearing integrated. Triyng to re-code something that's already integrated would be quite dumb.

with the current version of the radio task task

What?

how is the radio called

What?

blufor when we enter the map?

What?

of the type of radio that gives you by default when entering the map but I could not know exactly what it is?

What?

On 23.9.2018 at 12:15 PM, SpartanSix said:

For anyone who is still having issues with getting their custom radio key sounds working, export your custom sounds as 48000hz instead of 44100hz

To be exact. 48khz and 2 channels.

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/ts/src/PlaybackHandler.cpp#L102

• Like 1
  • Haha 1