nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

5 hours ago, thirith said:

Thanks. That sounds strange to me, though; I understand deactivating the radio for anyone who's down, but in a couple of missions it's happened that once one person was down, *no one* could use the radio until that person had been revived, which is just weird. Might well be a bug resulting from an old version of the revive script, though.

My bad. Misunderstood I thought you ment the person that was down cldnt use TFAR not noone could use

Definitely havent seen that before. 

Any particular mission/s you can list?

The first of the Chesty Puller missions, for instance, and the first Pirog mission.

In a mission I'm working on I need some radios placed on the ground that have their speakers enabled, so players can hear radio announcements from these 'receivers'. I'm currently wondering: Is there a way to increase the volume and the sound distance from the speakers of a radio?

15 hours ago, Belbo said:

In a mission I'm working on I need some radios placed on the ground that have their speakers enabled, so players can hear radio announcements from these 'receivers'. I'm currently wondering: Is there a way to increase the volume and the sound distance from the speakers of a radio?

Yes. The TFAR 1.0 static Radio settings can set frequency of the radio on ground just as the speaker volume. They can even increase the speaker volume to levels which are usually not allowed.

In 0.9 it's not possible to increase the hearing distance above the max what would normally be possible. Don't know what the max range is right now.

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Yes. The TFAR 1.0 static Radio settings can set frequency of the radio on ground just as the speaker volume. They can even increase the speaker volume to levels which are usually not allowed.

That's set for the individual radio (I hope I can script that with some sort of setVariable or TFAR_static_radios_fnc_setVolume too?) in the eden attributes, right? Does TF_speakerDistance work for all radio speakers, no matter if static or not - thus overwriting or boosting the TFAR_static_radios_fnc_setVolume value?

28 minutes ago, Belbo said:

That's set for the individual radio (I hope I can script that with some sort of setVariable or TFAR_static_radios_fnc_setVolume too?) in the eden attributes, right? Does TF_speakerDistance work for all radio speakers, no matter if static or not - thus overwriting or boosting the TFAR_static_radios_fnc_setVolume value?

If you wanna do it via script only.
Preferably do this serverside.

Place a Radio (Only SR works reliably currently) in a weapon holder. Alone, not together with other items.

Then call https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/static_radios/functions/fnc_setVolume.sqf

on the weapon holder (yeah.. Example is broken.. oops)

Enable speakers with https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/static_radios/functions/fnc_setSpeakers.sqf (Example broken again... ugh)

And set frequencies https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/static_radios/functions/fnc_setFrequencies.sqf (Example grrr... )

Default active channel is the first one in the frequencies list. There is also a function to set active channel.

All the Eden attribute does is automate that.

Also it automatically takes care of speakerDistance (https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/static_radios/functions/fnc_setVolume.sqf#L42)

I would recommend to not touch that directly if you don't have to. TF_speakerDistance doesn't define how far speakers reach. It checks how far around the player it searches for existing speakers. Because for performance reasons it doesn't track all speakers on the entire map.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dedmen said:

If you wanna do it via script only.

I would recommend to not touch that directly if you don't have to. TF_speakerDistance doesn't define how far speakers reach. It checks how far around the player it searches for existing speakers. Because for performance reasons it doesn't track all speakers on the entire map.

Ah, good to know. Thanks for your recommendations, that should definitely do it for me. :)

I heard rumors that the Task Force Radio team has pretty much stopped working on a full version (heard from danish Arma community)
Are these rumors true? I'm not asking for a full version date, but only; Are the mod authors still working on TFAR?

Regards 

• Haha 1

where can I find the information about how to integrate TFAR to a vehicle? How can I adjust the noise of the radio by script for that specific vehicle?

15 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

where can I find the information about how to integrate TFAR to a vehicle? How can I adjust the noise of the radio by script for that specific vehicle?

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-For-developers

No you can't adjust the sound effect.

On 27.3.2018 at 11:07 AM, kennyleif said:

I heard rumors that the Task Force Radio team has pretty much stopped working on a full version (heard from danish Arma community)
Are these rumors true? I'm not asking for a full version date, but only; Are the mod authors still working on TFAR?

Regards 

Am I real? Are you real? How can we even be sure that we exist?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/27/2018 at 12:07 PM, kennyleif said:

Regards 

The development appears to be happening in TFAR discord.

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/1116 Link here.

There is currently a major bug with radio sounds popping and people sometimes not hearing eachother. Those are being worked on. The cause is not yet clear.

I understand it would be perfect if people were more informed of these developments since this type of information is vital for long term mod decisions at communities. Changing between different radio mods is a huge hassle when missions wont work and people need to be thought to use new systems. But for now, keep an eye out on that discord.

2 hours ago, bumgie said:

There is currently a major bug with radio sounds popping and people sometimes not hearing eachother. Those are being worked on. The cause is not yet clear.

I understand it would be perfect if people were more informed of these developments since this type of information is vital for long term mod decisions at communities. Changing between different radio mods is a huge hassle when missions wont work and people need to be thought to use new systems. But for now, keep an eye out on that discord.

The current version 1.0.274 works perfectly fine, minor flaws excluded, which can be omitted easily. The decision to change to TFAR should not held back by a lack of updates (within a couple of months), given that the basal functions work perfectly fine - or at least fine enough to create an equilibrium in functionality and usability between the currently available alternatives. We work with the 1.0.XXX-versions for quite some time now, sometimes changing biweekly. For now we settled for 1.0.274 and can't complain at all.

On 28.03.2018 at 2:24 PM, Dedmen said:

Thanks for fast reply. So I can add the radio to the vehicle but I had following goal

I have an SDV and I want the LR radio to work only when the SDV is at periscope depth. Is this via scripting achieveble?

On 29/3/2018 at 1:44 AM, Belbo said:

The current version 1.0.274 works perfectly fine, minor flaws excluded, which can be omitted easily. The decision to change to TFAR should not held back by a lack of updates (within a couple of months), given that the basal functions work perfectly fine - or at least fine enough to create an equilibrium in functionality and usability between the currently available alternatives. We work with the 1.0.XXX-versions for quite some time now, sometimes changing biweekly. For now we settled for 1.0.274 and can't complain at all.

We still have the bug alot sadly

On 5.4.2018 at 8:52 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Are there no underwater vehicle mounted LR radios? :((((

Afaik the SDV has one.. If you mean that.

yeah and I am trying to add it via config but it is not transmitting as it thinks it is below sea level.. Is there a way to inherit any tfar radio config and adjust it to make a navy radio which can transmit lets say, till 10 meters deep in water?

5 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

yeah and I am trying to add it via config but it is not transmitting as it thinks it is below sea level.. Is there a way to inherit any tfar radio config and adjust it to make a navy radio which can transmit lets say, till 10 meters deep in water?

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/core/functions/fnc_vehicleIsIsolatedAndInside.sqf

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/core/functions/fnc_isVehicleIsolated.sqf

Your vehicle needs to be basically airtight and you need to have your head inside it. That should be it.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have been trying to get this sounds to work with Task Force Arrowhead Radio and I have not been able to make it work. I have made 'radio-sounds' folder in /TeamSpeak 3 Client/plugins and still nothing. I thing I was able to do is replace  my push to talk to work with it but at I don't want proximity one to activate or work (the push to talk, not radio), I want it to work only when radio activates. I have the most recent version of TS3. Anyone one have a solution to this? NOTE: The way I got the proximity one to work is by changing off.wav and on.wav to mic_click_off.wav and mic_click_on.wav and placing that into /TeamSpeak 3 Client/sound/default folder. This semi works and the reason Isay semi is because it works every time I talk regardless if it is using radio or not and it also still activates TFAR's default sounds. I want those sounds to replace TFAR's default sounds if possible. I've seen a discussion from April 2017 but everything they were talking in there did not seem to help me to fix this issue.

Edit: I went through the TFAR mod and was trying to find the transmit sounds. I couldn't find those, using PBO extractor. I did find other sounds though like the clicks for setting the radio and switching between the channels. If you can change audio files in there please let me know where I can find those sounds.

Thank you

Edited by Strider08
Adding more findings

@Strider08 Are you in the correct addon folder? TS changed where plugins are installed to. They're now located in users\*yourname*\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client rather than where the program itself is installed to.

5 hours ago, klima said:

@Strider08 Are you in the correct addon folder? TS changed where plugins are installed to. They're now located in users\*yourname*\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client rather than where the program itself is installed to.

Yes, I am in the correct folder

14 hours ago, Strider08 said:

I went through the TFAR mod and was trying to find the transmit sounds. I couldn't find those, using PBO extractor.

They are in the Radio sounds folder next to the Teamspeak plugins.

5 hours ago, Strider08 said:

Yes, I am in the correct folder

14 hours ago, Strider08 said:

I have made 'radio-sounds' folder in /TeamSpeak 3 Client/plugins and still nothing

Doesn't sound like it. "TeamSpeak 3 Client" is not the name of the appData folder.