nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I was hoping to run a session today using serious mode; I created a channel called TaskForceRadio with the password being 123, but the game behaved exactly as it did before. Is there a step that we’ve forgotten? As far as I can tell from the TFAR site, that should do the trick.

Edit: Please ignore - user stupidity. No, Thirith, TaskForceRadio and TeamSpeakRadio aren't the same channel name. :-/

Hi, trying to use TFAR for an RP community. Was wondering whether the relay/repeater system had been introduced and if so how to use it.

Hey there, could you some ideas on my issue.

So cliff notes version is, I have Teamspeak 3.1.6, downloaded TFAR mod, load up all the mods for a public server that uses TFAR, get in, TFAR does not work, I can hear everyone on global, bottom right of screen is slightly opaque (where you would see yourself keying up for the radio)..TeamSpeak shows :

Task Force Radio Status (1.-1.0.259):

Connected to Game: Yes

Playing: Yes

Plugin version: 1.-1.0.259

Addon version: unknown

Reloaded plugin, alt tab back in, reconnected, now I can't hear everyone on global, but no one else can hear me either, the status box which shows radio connectivity on the bottom right and or whenever you use the radio is slightly opaque, if I exit out of Teamspeak, it says "Not connected to Teamspeak"...I am at a loss, keeps showing my addon version as unknown.

I deleted the plugins just in case in my appdata folder and reinstalled them again, no success, rebooted, no success

I ran TS as admin, installed the plugin for TS from the Task Force Radio folder in Arma 3 with no success...

Mods used:

RHSUSAF

RHSAFRF

RHSGREF

CUP Terrains Complete 1.3.0

RHSSAF

Task Force Arrowhead Radio 1.-1.0 (dev)

CBA_A3

ACE

Any help is appreciated.

11 hours ago, kai817 said:

Hi, trying to use TFAR for an RP community. Was wondering whether the relay/repeater system had been introduced and if so how to use it.

That is in TFAR 1.0. Though not thoroughly tested. Would be happy to have some people test it out and report to me. But that's not something you should do on a "production" server.

43 minutes ago, kelldore said:

Hey there, could you some ideas on my issue.

So cliff notes version is, I have Teamspeak 3.1.6, downloaded TFAR mod, load up all the mods for a public server that uses TFAR, get in, TFAR does not work, I can hear everyone on global, bottom right of screen is slightly opaque (where you would see yourself keying up for the radio)..TeamSpeak shows :

Task Force Radio Status (1.-1.0.259):

Connected to Game: Yes

Playing: Yes

Plugin version: 1.-1.0.259

Reloaded plugin, alt tab back in, reconnected, now I can't hear everyone on global, but no one else can hear me either, the status box which shows radio connectivity on the bottom right and or whenever you use the radio is slightly opaque, if I exit out of Teamspeak, it says "Not connected to Teamspeak"...I am at a loss, keeps showing my addon version as unknown.

I deleted the plugins just in case in my appdata folder and reinstalled them again, no success, rebooted, no success

Teamspeak is not the issue. I would assume Battleye is randomly blocking the task_force_radio_pipe.dll in your @task_force_radio folder.

The opaque box shows a error message. In your case it just shows an empty text. Because that's what Arma returns if it can't reach the extension.

1 hour ago, dedmen said:

That is in TFAR 1.0. Though not thoroughly tested. Would be happy to have some people test it out and report to me. But that's not something you should do on a "production" server.

I'd be glad to test it... But up until now I didn't even know it was implemented. :D How does it work and what should I look for when testing?

16 minutes ago, belbo said:

I'd be glad to test it... But up until now I didn't even know it was implemented. :D How does it work and what should I look for when testing?

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/tree/1.0/addons/antennas

You can just place down the " Communication Tower (TFAR) " Which will rebroadcast all signals to a 50km range.
Or you can use https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/antennas/functions/fnc_initRadioTower.sqf

in the init box of any object in the editor and turn it into a radio tower.
If your tower moves you have to call initRadioTower again so that TFAR updates it's position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dedmen said:

If your tower moves you have to call initRadioTower again so that TFAR updates it's position.

Continuously?

Are there any variables I could check for that show me that something has changed by activating a tower?

I suppose "all signals" means signals from all tf_*_radio_code-encryptions?

20 hours ago, dedmen said:

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/tree/1.0/addons/antennas

You can just place down the " Communication Tower (TFAR) " Which will rebroadcast all signals to a 50km range.
Or you can use https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/1.0/addons/antennas/functions/fnc_initRadioTower.sqf

in the init box of any object in the editor and turn it into a radio tower.

Is it poseble to use this with a frekvence?

so the tower only works on 1 frekvensce?

On 27.9.2017 at 1:20 PM, belbo said:

Continuously?

Are there any variables I could check for that show me that something has changed by activating a tower?

I suppose "all signals" means signals from all tf_*_radio_code-encryptions?

All signals means everything. The radio tower doesn't care about encryption code.
Not really. Everything is handled inside the TS plugin. You can radio someone far out of range and he should hear you.

On 28.9.2017 at 5:04 AM, kelldore said:

Hey Dedmen thanks for the reply, should I just reinstall battleye?

Could help. But it should really fix itself after a while

On 28.9.2017 at 7:20 AM, loopdk said:

Is it poseble to use this with a frekvence?

so the tower only works on 1 frekvensce?

frekvence? kawufle frganke lakfvansc! etmejdu uctukval alsrakt.

No.

• Like 1

Is there are reliable way of setting the side frequencies for LR radios to be the same in 1.0? Currently trying during postInit:

TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

And on the server:

["TFAR_SameLRFrequenciesForSide", true, true, "server", true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

But still the same thing, everyone has their own frequencies - it's pretty damn frustrating. Would really appreciate some help on this one, thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, Nife said:

Is there are reliable way of setting the side frequencies for LR radios to be the same in 1.0? Currently trying during postInit:

TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

And on the server:

["TFAR_SameLRFrequenciesForSide", true, true, "server", true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

But still the same thing, everyone has their own frequencies - it's pretty damn frustrating. Would really appreciate some help on this one, thanks in advance!

postInit is too late. CBA_settings_fnc_set is 1. not a officially supported way to set settings, 2. postInit is too late.

Just set CBA settings like you are supposed to and it should work.

49 minutes ago, dedmen said:

postInit is too late. CBA_settings_fnc_set is 1. not a officially supported way to set settings, 2. postInit is too late.

Just set CBA settings like you are supposed to and it should work.

Thanks for the reply. Is there an example of what the CBA settings should look like and where should I put them? Or will just run these scripts on preInit fix it?

2 hours ago, kerozen said:

Is there a release date for TFAR 1.0?

When work on 1.0 started the release date was... about a year ago from today.
So no, not really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys, I'm in need of some help.  For the life of me I cannot get the mod to function at all.

I've tried:

Re-installing plugin.

Running TS as admin.

Re-installing addon.

Re-installing TS.

Re-starting computer.

Nothings worked.

When you click on my name in TS, it show this, even in game and in the server.

Connected to Game: No
Playing: No
Plugin version: 1.-1.0.262

I've run out of idea on why it isn't working.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

36 minutes ago, JerkinMerkin said:

When you click on my name in TS, it show this, even in game and in the server.

Connected to Game: No
Playing: No
Plugin version: 1.-1.0.262

I've run out of idea on why it isn't working.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Battleye randomly blocking TFAR?
Mod nor running ingame? wrong version running ingame?

Hope someone can help me here, 

I have installed TFAR onto my gaming PC and everything works a treat, when I host we all can chat, all radios work etc perfectly.

HOWEVER, my problem lies in TFAR on a dedicated server. I have searched for current instructions on how to setup dedicated server but I am unable to get it to work. I have copied tfar across to the server as per normal mod, it is loading and I can get the long range radio to work but none of the short range radios work and I cannot get Cntrl-P to bring up the short range radio....Ive check the server log and cannot see any issues related to TFAR at all....

Please please please can someone tell me what I am missing...its driving me crazy...

5 hours ago, Rockapes said:

Hope someone can help me here, 

I have installed TFAR onto my gaming PC and everything works a treat, when I host we all can chat, all radios work etc perfectly.

HOWEVER, my problem lies in TFAR on a dedicated server. I have searched for current instructions on how to setup dedicated server but I am unable to get it to work. I have copied tfar across to the server as per normal mod, it is loading and I can get the long range radio to work but none of the short range radios work and I cannot get Cntrl-P to bring up the short range radio....Ive check the server log and cannot see any issues related to TFAR at all....

Please please please can someone tell me what I am missing...its driving me crazy...

"gaming PC" ahhh..

Try to only run CBA+TFAR. Mods like Exile and Life crap really like to mess up TFAR and then blame TFAR for their idiocy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dedmen said:

"gaming PC" ahhh..

Try to only run CBA+TFAR. Mods like Exile and Life crap really like to mess up TFAR and then blame TFAR for their idiocy.

But if it works as it is when I host with other players ( local ) shouldnt it work the same on dedicated?. Thats why I thouggt I may have missed something different on the setup / config of dedi with respect to TFAR?

17 minutes ago, Rockapes said:

But if it works as it is when I host with other players ( local ) shouldnt it work the same on dedicated?. Thats why I thouggt I may have missed something different on the setup / config of dedi with respect to TFAR?

If you run a Mod on the Server that breaks TFAR then.. no.. Then it won't work.
Check your server and client logs.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:40 PM, dedmen said:

Battleye randomly blocking TFAR?
Mod nor running ingame? wrong version running ingame?

@dedmen I am in the same community with @JerkinMerkin and we have gone through this with a fine tooth comb but haven't been able to get to the bottom of the issue. I think it might be version related now that I look at it. However my plugins are Version 1.-1.0.245 and I am functioning correctly. We are using the Beta build off Steam Workshop for our server so we can test things and this is the biggest issue we are having right now.

3 hours ago, Nichols said:

@dedmen I am in the same community with @JerkinMerkin and we have gone through this with a fine tooth comb but haven't been able to get to the bottom of the issue. I think it might be version related now that I look at it. However my plugins are Version 1.-1.0.245 and I am functioning correctly. We are using the Beta build off Steam Workshop for our server so we can test things and this is the biggest issue we are having right now.

I asked 3 questions and got a somewhat answer to one of them.
Battleye? Send me RPT logs. Feel free to PM me so we don't spam this thread.

So I just tried TFAR loaded only with CBA and still I only can get the long range radios to work...  I must be missing something ( config or whatever ) on the server side. Do missions have to be edited to work with dedicated servers and TFAR?

thanks again

EDIT - No server issues or errors in RPT

2nd EDIT - So I just realised it keeps taking short range off me when I leave arsenal...what is going on?

3RD EDIT - So now its working but some keys arent...very weird