nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

On 7/8/2017 at 11:40 AM, Zantza said:

What is the point of writing all those fancy scripts if none of them work and are ultimately rather useless IMO? If your players can't change freqs themselves then maybe you ought to teach them.

Well, its not about teaching them. We all know how to do it. But with a complex setup, and 4 different groups, 6 or more different radio setups, its much easier with a standard setting pre-loaded.
If it works its a timesaver.

• Like 1

Please, PLEASE... can somebody who knows what they are doing make a template mission.  This would help resolve so many issues that people have... well at lest the ones related to improper setup.  There are dozens of videos to instruct people on use of TFAR from a user standpoint but none that I have found that provide reliable information on the setup and configuration of TFAR for server admins.  We are not all crack coders, slick scripters and network experts.  Some of us are simply the one who has taken on the responsibility and the knowledge just isn't there to do the job, correctly.

• Like 1

On 12.1.2017 at 4:33 AM, diehardfc said:

My community is also having the problem where Remote Control units cannot hear other players and the players cannot hear the Remote Control character. This happened after we upgraded to 0.9.12, so two of us performed a test. We downgraded one client to 0.9.8 and that client used RC. The RC character could hear players, but the player on v.0.9.12 couldn't hear the RC character. Only when we downgraded both of us to 0.9.8 could both player and RC character hear each other.

I wanted to clarify for Dedmen how the Remote Control function usually works: it doesn't usually involve syncing any units to Zeus or another module. In general, this is how RC occurs in many multiplayer missions:

1. A curator joins the game as a playable unit with Zeus access.
  2. The curator ascends to/becomes Zeus and navigates to some far off location on the map where other players are. His player character is left behind.
  3. Curator places a unit.
  4. Curator switches to the Modules tab and twirls down the Zeus section.
  5. Curator selects Remote Control and clicks on the unit.
  6. After an onscreen effect, the curator "wakes up" inside the selected unit.

With past versions of TFAR, the Remote Control character could hear everything around them and be heard by everyone around them, as if they were just another player. Meanwhile, the curator's player character couldn't hear or be heard, and was effectively "offline." Once the RC character died or you were finished, you could select another one, and it would have the same audio properties. This was a tremendous boon for Game Masters.

Thank you for your continued work on this outstanding mod. It's an amazing addition to any group's collection, and I hope you're able to work up a solution to this particular issue. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Hi.

We have solve this problem with code at initPlayerServer.sqf:

{
	if (!isnull (getassignedcuratorunit _x)) then {
		_unit = getassignedcuratorunit _x;
		if (isnull (getassignedcuratorlogic _unit)) then {
			unassignCurator _x;
			sleep 1;
			_unit assignCurator _x;
			if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) then {
				_unit call TFAR_fnc_isForcedCurator;
			};
		};
	};
} foreach allcurators;

Also solve the problem, if you are curator and you disconnect and reconnect the server you get a black screen instead of zeus interface.

Maybe it's helpfull.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom Rattler said:

Hi.

{
			unassignCurator _x;
			sleep 1;
			_unit assignCurator _x;
			};
		};
	};
} foreach allcurators;

Also solve the problem, if you are curator and you disconnect and reconnect the server you get a black screen instead of zeus interface.

Maybe it's helpfull.

Where is the initPlayerServer.sqf?

11 hours ago, Tom Rattler said:

create a blank text file in the main folder of your mission folder and rename the file into initPlayerServer.sqf. Than copy & paste the script into it. done.

Please see also BIS-wiki: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Event_Scripts

Will try for tonights mission. 
Has been a huge problem that Zeus couldn't interact with players via AI civillians and such. Hoping it works.

THX.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, Tom Rattler said:

Hi.

{
			unassignCurator _x;
			sleep 1;
			_unit assignCurator _x;
			};
		};
	};
} foreach allcurators;

Maybe it's helpfull.

Can you explain to me what this part of the code does?

};

17 hours ago, NeilZar said:

Can you explain to me what this part of the code does?

};

mhhh.... it's a good question. I think it's a misstake. normaly i would reinizialize TFAR system only on the curator unit. the line TFAR_fnc_isForcedCurator can't work... :dontgetit:

I will check the curator player if you take over a KI with TFAR-speak location on the KI unit.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, Tom Rattler said:

Hi.

{
			unassignCurator _x;
			sleep 1;
			_unit assignCurator _x;
			};
		};
	};
} foreach allcurators;

Maybe it's helpfull.

This didn't work for us.
Our zeus/gamemasters still cant talk via AI to other players.

What version are you using? We had the same problem up until version 0.9.2. After that this was fixed.

Hi,

Teamspeak is now up to Version 3.1.6 (64-bit).

Are there any plans to make task force radio compatible with the latest version of teamspeak 3?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Percipio said:

Hi,

Teamspeak is now up to Version 3.1.6 (64-bit).

Are there any plans to make task force radio compatible with the latest version of teamspeak 3?

Thanks,

Nothing changed on the Plugin API. TFAR is still compatible. Unless Teamspeak messed something up. Like they often do.

what about the new version in the February interview did it mean that it does not last long?

I'm feeling a bit stupid asking this, but... do I understand correctly that in order to activate "Serious mode" (in our case mainly so that the dead aren't tempted to help the living by revealing the position of enemies) all I have to do is create a channel on our TS3 server called TaskForceRadio that has 123 as its password, and the rest takes care of itself?

Also, another newbie question: if I have someone with a long-range radio set to the same frequency as infantry more than 10km away equiped with regular radios, can they radio the infantry units but not the other way around, or are long-range radios on an entirely different comms network?

We don't run in serious mode. AFAIK the only people the dead can speak with are those who are not in ArmA.

Yes, LR radios can be head on SR radios well outside the transmission range of the SR radio.  If I can tx 20km and you can only tx 5km and you are 15km away from me, I get to do all the talking.  I do not know immediately if you are listening, either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thirith said:

I'm feeling a bit stupid asking this, but... do I understand correctly that in order to activate "Serious mode" (in our case mainly so that the dead aren't tempted to help the living by revealing the position of enemies) all I have to do is create a channel on our TS3 server called TaskForceRadio that has 123 as its password, and the rest takes care of itself?

Also, another newbie question: if I have someone with a long-range radio set to the same frequency as infantry more than 10km away equiped with regular radios, can they radio the infantry units but not the other way around, or are long-range radios on an entirely different comms network?

Everything correct. Why don't you just try it out and see that it's all true instead of asking?

For instance because I only play with my group every 2-3 weeks, so I'd like to know how to make things happen beforehand. That way we can start playing immediately. It's difficult to just try something out if it depends on others trying it out with me.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:35 AM, MoaB said:

What version are you using? We had the same problem up until version 0.9.2. After that this was fixed.

The latest version i can see, is 0.9.12 on their website and on github https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/releases/tag/0.9.12
Where are you finding a version 0.9.2?

Nevermind, just realised that 12 is bigger than 2 :) 

But still have the problem, with Moderator can't talk through controlled AI.

I am in the mist of setting up a RP framework, of which it needs TFR setup, I have setup the module usage in the mission.sqm and added the .dll files into the root folder of the A3 server.  However I still get ::New Eden System - Waiting For TaskForceRadio.

What is this error and how can I fix it?  I have have googled this, so dont even ask about that thanks.

TFAR only works on a dedicated server, not while testing in editor.

1 hour ago, MoaB said:

TFAR only works on a dedicated server, not while testing in editor.

Not correct. It only works in multiplayer - no matter if hosted or on dedicated server.

• Like 1

Is anyone in here able to help me with a problem.
Our Zeus moderators are not able to speak via AI, when controlling them. We could in the past.
Does anyone have a fix too this issue?

We tried, as suggested this in initplayerserver.sqf

{
            unassignCurator _x;
            sleep 1;
            _unit assignCurator _x;
            };
        };
    };
} foreach allcurators;

1 hour ago, kennyleif said:

Is anyone in here able to help me with a problem.
Our Zeus moderators are not able to speak via AI, when controlling them. We could in the past.
Does anyone have a fix too this issue?

We tried, as suggested this in initplayerserver.sqf

{
            unassignCurator _x;
            sleep 1;
            _unit assignCurator _x;
            };
        };
    };
} foreach allcurators;

Who ever suggested this... He has no idea... fnc_isForcedCurator doesn't do anything :D It returns if the player is a curator. You can overwrite `player setVariable ["tf_fnc_position",{}]` with something. I'm sure I already posted it here earlier.

59 minutes ago, dedmen said:

Who ever suggested this... He has no idea... fnc_isForcedCurator doesn't do anything :D It returns if the player is a curator. You can overwrite `player setVariable ["tf_fnc_position",{}]` with something. I'm sure I already posted it here earlier.

You mind posting it again then? Or PM me it? It would help so much. immersion is such a big part of our game, and not being able to interact with civillians, contacts etc is a big issue for us.

7 hours ago, belbo said:

Not correct. It only works in multiplayer - no matter if hosted or on dedicated server.

I apologise, that is correct. In editor preview it still doesn't though.