nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

At the moment i test version 1.-1.0.245. It seems to work fine.

But sometimes TFAR is switching the TS channel and fallback in the TFAR channel while changen into Zeus.

Version 1.-1.0.244 was without this channel switching problem. So is it possible to increase the TFAR timeout?

Hi everybody, I would like to know if you will solve the problem of Zeus: When you control IA you can not hear the players, and can not talk to them ?

Thx for answers, and for you're jobs

Sorry for my bad english..

@Royal Eagles Yes, that is fixed in the latest dev build 1.1.0.245.

Also Zeus can use their original LR radios when remoting a unit

Ok more thank's for you're quickly answer ! Other question where i can download the latest dev build ?

Are there plans to make TFAR or at least a barebones version of it that doesn't use TeamSpeak 3?

4 hours ago, Fros7bite said:

Are there plans to make TFAR or at least a barebones version of it that doesn't use TeamSpeak 3?

If they won't make it compatible with Discord I don't think they are going to make it not requite TS. Anyway what's wrong with TS it is amazing.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, rekkless said:

If they won't make it compatible with Discord I don't think they are going to make it not requite TS. Anyway what's wrong with TS it is amazing.

My group doesn't want to use another external program just for radio.

The mod is free, created and managed by players like you and I. Maybe there's something in the code discord uses that doesn't make it easily transferable from Teamspeak? Maybe they don't want to manage two voice programs?

At the end of the day, players use this and other mod's at the discretion and charity of their developers. 

Your group could always consider Arma Free radio. It's script based and while it's not being developed anymore, some still use it.

2 hours ago, Fros7bite said:

My group doesn't want to use another external program just for radio. Why won't they release this for Discord?

IF your group dont want to use TFR ... dont;)

You sound like a spoiled brat!!

• Like 1

just fyi.... discord doesn't support positional audio yet. Hence no mods like this for it yet. well i read that about a month back.

TFAR rocks.

Gav

• Like 2

I figured it had to be something along those lines, neither TFAR or ACRE use it so common sense would say there's a reason.

On 8/20/2016 at 2:14 AM, zgmrvn said:

i have done a CBA Settings compatibility, i am going to test it with my team tonight then will see with Nkey how to merge it

1E54995EB12658C358B5A7DA5D91612582A50F5B

Sorry if this has been asked before, but won't you still have to re-do this every time you restart your server?

On 5.7.2017 at 9:50 AM, neodyn said:

At the moment i test version 1.-1.0.245. It seems to work fine.

But sometimes TFAR is switching the TS channel and fallback in the TFAR channel while changen into Zeus.

Version 1.-1.0.244 was without this channel switching problem. So is it possible to increase the TFAR timeout?

The TFAR timeout setting configures the TFAR timeout yes. See CBA Settings.

On 10.7.2017 at 3:11 PM, Fros7bite said:

How would you use TFAR if you were unable to communicate with other People? That's the whole point of TFAR.

On 13.7.2017 at 11:39 PM, 4 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but won't you still have to re-do this every time you restart your server?

CBA Settings are saved in the Server Profile. Just like Client Settings and Hotkeys and every other setting. I don't see how you got to that Idea that one would need to re-do setting every start.

13 hours ago, dedmen said:

The TFAR timeout setting configures the TFAR timeout yes. See CBA Settings.

I've created an cba_settings.sqf in my mission root folder with this option: TFAR_pluginTimeout = 11;

But it seems the option does not work. because in If i take a look into Game Options addon -> TFAR -> Plugin timeout in seconds is a value 4.

Do I've made the wrong way to set the CBA settings for TFAR ?

On 19/10/2016 at 7:55 PM, dedmen said:

Back to the problem with settings not applied.. It's actually correct but not really reproducible. Settings get overwritten by CBA after postInit. Problem is.. Sometimes init.sqf runs before that sometimes after.

The correct way is to use the CBA_settings_fnc_set for settings that are using the CBA framework. see this:

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

The first parameter is the name of the setting(Variable) the second parameter is the value and the third parameter has to always stay true.

The settings listed are all the CBA_Settings variables. All other variables can still be set the old way you are used to. A quick fix would be to put this to the end of your variable set scripts:

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", TF_no_auto_long_range_radio, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier", TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

This makes sure the variables you just set will stay set.

I'm sorry for not knowing that before but the CBA_Settings documentation didn't say a single word about that.

If you are running the scripts serverside Only you have to add ,"server" as last argument to CBA_settings_fnc_set.

This is a ugly workaround and may not work all the time.. It is prefered to use the CBA Server side settings  https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/Settings-System#basics

["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set Doesn't work anymore :sad:

TFAR continues to work for us until it doesn't... seriously... One day OK, the next not so much.  Sometimes even during the course of normal game play it goes bonkers.

I have placed the frequencies module (added ["30"] to both SR and LR) so that we all are on the same.  Synced to groups or synced to units.  Sooner or later somebody ends up on 387.8 or some other random frequency and has to constantly reprogram their radio.

1) What if any modules should be placed?

2) If modules are not advised, then what init strings need to be placed in what file?

3) If strings are not necessary, than what magic configuration needs to be set with CBA?  It seems self explanatory enough but apparently not.

Note: I have had everyone save their kits with nothing but the stock radio if that means anything... no other radios in saved loadouts.

I've made this request once before, I'll make it again.  Can somebody who knows how to config a mission to have TFAR work without hiccups just fire up 3Den, throw in a few squads, sync modules if necessary, write up a little note in a readme about CBA as a hint, export it and post it on Steam as a TFAR for dummies mission.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Anyone know why only my personal radio wont work ? I have to have a different radio for tfr to work? Everyone else on the server are able to use it, just not me ?

Could someone help me figure out set frequencies?

Before last update, we ran this in the init.sqf, and it worked fine on dedicated server. Everybody who joined had same frequencies.

//--- TFR
#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";
if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {
   tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
   publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";
   tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
   publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
   tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
   publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";
   _settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
   _settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
   tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
   _settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
   _settingsLrWest set [2, ["50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58"]];
   tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;
};

But after last update, i doesn't work. 
I can however, via addon options as server admin, set it so we have same frequencies, but not custom frequencies of our choosing.

Does anyone have a working solution, they might want to share, or know the fix?

I have tried syncing our groups with the TFAR module, and inputting custom frequencies there, but it doesnt seem to work on dedicated server.

Regards, Kenny

What is the point of writing all those fancy scripts if none of them work and are ultimately rather useless IMO? If your players can't change freqs themselves then maybe you ought to teach them.

• Like 2

hey TFAR-team,

I cannot find any information about using the handset of a manpack radio, which is carried by another person.
Is that possible yet or planned in the future?

saludos and thanks for this reliable mod.

hey, i have a problem with my teamspeak for the plugin of task force radio.

Once i install the plugin, it says install (run as administrator)

https://gyazo.com/a979023915cb41311f6662ca5a7941ca

then i press the button install and it gives me an error message (translation): teamspeak 3 package installer does not respond, there is an problem with the program, it will automatic close it self and that is it.)

help is welcome