nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this problem. This script loads up until a point but the frequency assignments don't seem to be recognised:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", false, false,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

tf_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc148jem";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestPersonalRadio";

tf_defaultWestRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc148jem";
publicVariable "tf_defaultWestRiflemanRadio";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest = [0,7,["260","261","262","263","264","265","266","62"],1,"SSQN",7,2,getPlayerUID player,false,true];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";

_settingsLRWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings;
_settingsLRWest = [1,6,["52","62","72","82","0","0","0","0","0"],2,"SSQN",0,2,false,true];
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLRWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";

As I said the radio types are assigned but the frequencies aren't being loaded.

Thanks!

Are you using 0.9.12 or 1.0?

8 hours ago, EddiePrice said:

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this problem. This script loads up until a point but the frequency assignments don't seem to be recognised:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", false, false,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

_settingsSwWest = [0,7,["260","261","262","263","264","265","266","62"],1,"SSQN",7,2,getPlayerUID player,false,true];

_settingsLRWest = [1,6,["52","62","72","82","0","0","0","0","0"],2,"SSQN",0,2,false,true];

Thanks!

In your generate settings,

can you set a radio out of allowed frequency? the lr is set to 0. set it to 99 instead?

can you set the active channel to "0"? the SR radio active channel is setting to 0, Is the number allowed to be zero?

is the object owner allowed to be "false"?

the speaker mode is set to "true", the code requires a numeral.

the lr settings command only has 8 (0-7) entries, the sw 9 (0-8) the lr settings has one too many settings.

6 hours ago, karlmoebius said:

In your generate settings,

can you set a radio out of allowed frequency? the lr is set to 0. set it to 99 instead?

can you set the active channel to "0"? the SR radio active channel is setting to 0, Is the number allowed to be zero?

is the object owner allowed to be "false"?

the speaker mode is set to "true", the code requires a numeral.

the lr settings command only has 8 (0-7) entries, the sw 9 (0-8) the lr settings has one too many settings.

Nope, that seems to be fine in and of itself. With the scripting commands you can pretty much do anything, like cranking your radio up to 11.

Here's what I've been using, worked flawlessly:

Spoiler

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) exitWith {
	//für zusätzliche variablen/functions: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables

//general
	tf_terrain_interception_coefficient = 3.0;
	tf_speakerDistance = 10;

//radios
	TF_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";
	TF_defaultEastPersonalRadio = "tf_fadak";
	TF_defaultGuerPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc148jem";

TF_defaultWestRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc154";
	TF_defaultEastRiflemanRadio = "tf_pnr1000a";
	TF_defaultGuerRiflemanRadio = "tf_anprc154";

//tfar serious mode
	tf_radio_channel_name = "TaskForceRadio";
	tf_radio_channel_password = "123";	

//frequencies
	//blufor
	_settingsSwEast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
	_settingsSwGuer = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
	_settingsLrEast = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
	_settingsLrGuer = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;

_settingsSwWest set [2, ["41","42","43","44","45","46","47","48"]];
	_settingsLrWest set [2, ["51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58","59"]];
	_settingsSwWest set [4, "_bluefor"];
	_settingsLrWest set [4, "_bluefor"];
	tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

_settingsSwEast set [2, ["41","42","43","44","45","46","47","48"]];
	_settingsLrEast set [2, ["51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58","59"]];

_settingsSwGuer set [2, ["61","62","63","64","65","66","67","68"]];
	_settingsLrGuer set [2, ["71","72","73","74","75","76","77","78","79"]];

_settingsSwEast set [4, "_opfor"];
	_settingsLrEast set [4, "_opfor"];
	tf_freq_east = _settingsSwEast;
	tf_freq_east_lr = _settingsLrEast;

_settingsSWGuer set [4, "_indfor"];
	_settingsLrGuer set [4, "_indfor"];

tf_freq_guer = _settingsSwGuer;
	tf_freq_guer_lr = _settingsLrGuer;

true;
};

Any ideas why mine isn't working anymore since the update? Any tweaks that you can see need doing? Only main difference that I can see is my setup changes speaker and stereo settings for each player.

I'd appreciate any help to get this working again exactly as it was. This took me forever originally - scripting isn't my strong point!

Hello,

A friend of mine is having an issue where every time he launches his vanilla Arma 3, using the play without mods option on the launcher, his TFAR is still enabled and trying to initialize. We couldn't figure out where the problem was especially since he selected to launch without mods.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, hoping someone can help. I have searched this topic for a while but its just to large and the search function seems to be flaky and timing out. Running TFAR and everything seems to be working good except the radio_sound-pack that adds radio clicks and add great immersion. Running the latest TS3 and TFAR, does this sound-pack still work? If so has the install/setup changed?  

Thanks...

I have given up and need help.  I have tried to get this working on one of my PCs for a while now with no luck.  I got it TFAR working fine on my other two PCs.

1. Team Speak says Connected Y Play N

2. I have always had this issue on the specific machine it is installed on.  Even after updates nothing changed.

3. I have deleted the TFAR @ folder inside of ArmA 3 in Programs 86x and re installed them.

4. I have tried both plugins for TS.

Any ideas?

On 2017-5-23 at 7:10 PM, EddiePrice said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi again all,

Sorry to bump but still made no headway with this. If anyone can assist please PM me! I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I've asked the same question on the ACRE2 thread, but I'm hoping it's okay that I post it here as well: 

Looks like I might be playing with two groups, one of which uses ACRE2, the other TFAR - which is why I was wondering: can I leave both plugins enabled in TS3 and just switch between mod profiles, or does this cause any problems?

We did a test of TFAR on our server today, but we ran into two problems:

1) One of the three people in on the test kept hearing error messages, and in their TS3 chat windows it said: "Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again." The TS3 server's anti-flood settings are at 5/150/250. Do I need to change them, or is there another way to get around the spam protection thing?

2) Positional audio chat worked, but radioing didn't seem to work; we got the radio clicks and the radio box in the lower right-hand corner, but the others heard me in direct chat only. I have to admit that we only tested very briefly due to the "spam protection" error; is it possible that the radio audio was simply not audible because of the direct chat?

On 31.5.2017 at 10:55 AM, thirith said:

can I leave both plugins enabled in TS3 and just switch between mod profiles, or does this cause any problems?

No.

1 hour ago, thirith said:

1) One of the three people in on the test kept hearing error messages, and in their TS3 chat windows it said: "Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again." The TS3 server's anti-flood settings are at 5/150/250. Do I need to change them, or is there another way to get around the spam protection thing?

2) Positional audio chat worked, but radioing didn't seem to work; we got the radio clicks and the radio box in the lower right-hand corner, but the others heard me in direct chat only. I have to admit that we only tested very briefly due to the "spam protection" error; is it possible that the radio audio was simply not audible because of the direct chat?

TFAR can't work properly, if the antiflood settings of your server aren't properly set up.

Either raise it to 5/5/9999 or set b_client_ignore_antiflood for each applicable client/group.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:28 PM, EddiePrice said:

Hi again all,

Sorry to bump but still made no headway with this. If anyone can assist please PM me! I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

all the cba options are now configured at map screen in a multiplayer session under configure addons. the settings should be persistent. u cant do the frequencies there tho, to do that do the following:

put this in initserver.sqf or similar

private _time = time;

waituntil {sleep 1; ((call TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio) || (time > _time +60))};

_Channels = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9];
_frequencySW = 311;
_frequencyLR = 50;

{
    if (call TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio) then 
    {
        [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _x, str _frequencySW] call TFAR_fnc_setChannelFrequency;
    };

if (call TFAR_fnc_haveLRRadio) then 
    {
        [(call TFAR_fnc_activeLRRadio), _x, str _frequencyLR] call TFAR_fnc_setChannelFrequency;
    };

_frequencySW = _frequencySW + 1;
    _frequencyLR = _frequencyLR + 1;

} foreach _channels;

thats with the latest TFAR from git (v1.0.245) and the latest CBA. unsure if the latest version on withsix is the same

Quick update: after changing the anti-flood settings, everything seems to be working fine, at least in the two-player test I just did. Thanks for the help, belbo! I'll want to do another test with 3-4 people, but I'm thinking that TFAR will be a great addition to our coop sessions.

I have another beginners' question: I should be able to override the mission and clients and give everyone a radio in any mission via the addon settings, right? We tried one mission where the override didn't seem to take, but perhaps it deactivated in between missions?

On 2017-6-4 at 0:51 PM, Azza FHI said:

all the cba options are now configured at map screen in a multiplayer session under configure addons. the settings should be persistent. u cant do the frequencies there tho, to do that do the following:

put this in initserver.sqf or similar

private _time = time;

waituntil {sleep 1; ((call TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio) || (time > _time +60))};

_Channels = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9];
_frequencySW = 311;
_frequencyLR = 50;

{
    if (call TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio) then 
    {
        [(call TFAR_fnc_activeSwRadio), _x, str _frequencySW] call TFAR_fnc_setChannelFrequency;
    };

if (call TFAR_fnc_haveLRRadio) then 
    {
        [(call TFAR_fnc_activeLRRadio), _x, str _frequencyLR] call TFAR_fnc_setChannelFrequency;
    };

_frequencySW = _frequencySW + 1;
    _frequencyLR = _frequencyLR + 1;

} foreach _channels;

thats with the latest TFAR from git (v1.0.245) and the latest CBA. unsure if the latest version on withsix is the same

Thanks but can you confirm what this does? The script I had set all the frequencies for all the channels as well as additional channel options and stereo settings. Is it still possible to do that?

I've cruised this thread and the main files and couldn't find the answer, so apologies if this question has been answered.

Is there any way to remove the speaker icon at the bottom corner of the screen. A new community is about to start using this latest version of TFAR, is the speaker icon crucial during gameplay?

kYce7k.jpg

That icon is only suposed to pop up and then quickly dissapear when you change your voice volume

That screenshot was taken in the editor. I guess I should check for any key confilct.

Thanks

• Like 1

You can remove it under config addons /tfr

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, michael poole said:

is V1.00 out yet or are we still using V0.9.8

The opening post says 0.9.8 - so its safe to say we are.