nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

On 25.4.2017 at 7:17 PM, RichDahmer said:

Does anybody know how to add a vehicle radio to something? We're trying to add a \Blufor radio to some modded cars but we're not quite sure how and I can't seem to find a guide of it anywhere. Thanks!

this setVariable ["tf_side", west];
this setVariable ["tf_hasRadio", true];
this setVariable ["TF_RadioType", "tfar_rt1523g"];

Do you guys want to make a "BROADCASTING TO ALL CHANNEL" button ? :))
I think it awesome if you do.

On 27/4/2017 at 8:21 AM, loopdk said:

ENy ETA one 1.0???

?

46 minutes ago, Lý Nhân said:

Do you guys want to make a "BROADCASTING TO ALL CHANNEL" button ? :))
I think it awesome if you do.

alternate channel is not doing something in that way already?

46 minutes ago, loopdk said:

?

a) Asking for updates is against the forum Rules

b) NKey has stopped developing it, but its open source and 3rd party development has continued on the Git. 

And anyway, why are you so hung up on a number? you don't know what was planned for 1.0 so how can you ask for it? current is working and fine. Whats the issue?

36 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

alternate channel is not doing something in that way already?

I think he means broadcast across all available frequencies

it does that already if everybody sets the same alternate chanellen and someone speaks at that channel everybody hears it no matter to which frequency they set their radio at that moment or am I wrong?

51 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

it does that already if everybody sets the same alternate chanellen and someone speaks at that channel everybody hears it no matter to which frequency they set their radio at that moment or am I wrong?

Alternate channel is so you can listen to a second frequency. So it acts exactly like your main channel (can only hear that exact frequency on that side) 

But hes asking for a function to transmit across all frequencies available to the radio. So if no matter what channel people are on they'll hear it. Kind of like an emergency broadcast 

you can speak to alternate channel which transmits to all others who set the alternate frequency in their radios

so what he is asking is already there

Yeah, that's basically how we do it in missions with eg. air support. All players who are somehow attached to anything remotely related to air traffic share the same additional channel.

Making a function to transmit on all frequencies is something that I wouldn't want for my life. There's always at least one player who hasn't got a clue about anything, who can't tell if he's transmitting right now, who can't turn his microfone down and so on. These clueless people would find a way to wreck the whole mission.

Plus: I have never heard of a radio that can transmit or even receive on all frequencies.

Emergency broadcast channels are usually on one frequency that has to be set up for the radio specifically. Emergency broadcasting doesn't happen on all frequencies. It's not Star Trek.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, belbo said:

Yeah, that's basically how we do it in missions with eg. air support. All players who are somehow attached to anything remotely related to air traffic share the same additional channel.

Making a function to transmit on all frequencies is something that I wouldn't want for my life. There's always at least one player who hasn't got a clue about anything, who can't tell if he's transmitting right now, who can't turn his microfone down and so on. These clueless people would find a way to wreck the whole mission.

Plus: I have never heard of a radio that can transmit or even receive on all frequencies.

Emergency broadcast channels are usually on one frequency that has to be set up for the radio specifically. Emergency broadcasting doesn't happen on all frequencies. It's not Star Trek.

Yeah I had the exact same thought, I feel like people would accidently use it, or abuse it. 

I've always just used alternate channels to listen to infantry comms when I fly. Just in case their Signaller goes down and they don't change Freq. or pick up his radio. It's a handy feature and I wouldn't change it for anything

Before a mission we'll usually designate frequencies anyway, and make sure everyone knows exactly what they are, so if something happens you can always jump on the frequency you know other people are on.. 

Not sure why he wants it implemented, but I could see how it could be helpful for a commander in a public server. But even then, more work than play. 

Anyone use taskforce with the latest TS version with no problems?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

is there a link to the BETA V1.0 and also a change log so we can see what is changing and also updated or added 

TFAR beta 1.0 is up on Steam. Check in Workshop

thanks i found it theres nothing worth the update for apart from 64bit compat thoguht there might be some new stuff 

It would be great if someone can become the thread owner so he could update the first post accordingly since Nkey is not working on TFAR anymore. 

Hi I am currently running a dedicated server, Bit new to this. But how do i get Taskforce working with my server?

We are running BMR Insurgency. 

I have my TS Server Ready and mods loaded in correctly. The server is giving me a "No TaskForceRadio Deployed on server message" Any fix for this?

Remove Divers radio functionality and give the SW and LR radios the ability of transmit underwater

Does that mean that the wonderful sound effect of the underwater transmission will be removed and underwater transmissions will sound just the same as transmissions made in the SR radios?

49 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

And changing the variable/class names will break a couple of missions

For now the old classnames are still - as deprecated remnants - available. A couple of function names and functionalities have of course changed.

7 hours ago, Luke Hutchinson said:

Hi I am currently running a dedicated server, Bit new to this. But how do i get Taskforce working with my server?

We are running BMR Insurgency. 

I have my TS Server Ready and mods loaded in correctly. The server is giving me a "No TaskForceRadio Deployed on server message" Any fix for this?

are you running @Task_force_radio on the server mod line?

And have you tried with a different mission? I seem to remember BMR doesn't support TFAR. That could have been an old version tho.

We are running it in the Mod line not the server mod line. 

Should i be in the server mod? (may be where i have gone wrong)

I have seen it work on BMR in other servers, but maybe its just the mission we are on? 

TFR does work with BMR Insurgency since version 1.45 and yes it must be installed on server and client.