nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

@GardenPT...

Are you using split squads or one super squad and Dynamic groups to split off?  I gave up on split squads and made my missions all one group and all my issues with TFAR went away.  Channel assignments are still made to SW and LW radios so there is no keying things in.  This is the ONLY way I have ever gotten TFAR to work without issue, period.

Since last updates from teamspeak, I have a problem. In the past I preferred the acre sounds in TFAR, because I found them more realistic for military-radios and used the sound data from this armaholic-mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28342

It is the same way as described in this tutorial-vid:

But since the last versions of Teamspeak there isn´t any folder for the radio-sounds to change the sounds. In older versions of tfar you have old and new radio sounds but in the actual version there aren´t any. Can anybody help me?

I ve heard news that TFAR will not be supported anymore. Is that true or it s just my guys from the community are spreading some misinformation?

I also second the @waidmann s question. Is there a way to use custom radio sounds with TS 3.1 plugin?

Regards.

@waidmann @bolo861 Did you try to add custom radio sounds folder to C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugins

13 hours ago, bolo861 said:

I ve heard news that TFAR will not be supported anymore. Is that true or it s just my guys from the community are spreading some misinformation?

The original developer hasn't been active on the forums since mid last year, nor has has he pushed any updates since October on github.

However as a open source project on Github anyone can branch off and release their own version of TFAR. In addition Dedmen appears to have taken over majority of the development as well as being active on the forum recently.

17 hours ago, waidmann said:

Since last updates from teamspeak, I have a problem. In the past I preferred the acre sounds in TFAR, because I found them more realistic for military-radios and used the sound data from this armaholic-mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28342

It is the same way as described in this tutorial-vid:

But since the last versions of Teamspeak there isn´t any folder for the radio-sounds to change the sounds. In older versions of tfar you have old and new radio sounds but in the actual version there aren´t any. Can anybody help me?

Does anyone know where I can download the sound files from that video? the link the description of the video are broken.

The sound files from the ArmAHolic link are ACRE 1 sounds and different from the ones in teh video.

@lawndartleo you ever attempted setting up different freqs with players in different faction groups? I am asking because in my current mission I can not get anything to work with the modules or otherwise for setting up frequencies for players when they spawn in to the mission with any radio. I have one group of players playing as Independents and another group playing as Blufor but they are both going against the OPFOR.

Yes but without success.  My pre configured frequencies don't work when I have more than one squad.

I wish that somebody in the know would make some basic missions with various radio net configurations for us to use as a template.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rekkless said:

Does anyone know where I can download the sound files from that video? the link the description of the video are broken.

The sound files from the ArmAHolic link are ACRE 1 sounds and different from the ones in teh video.

You can found the sounds from that video in TFAR 0.9.8. There are 2 folders, 1 for old and 1 for new radio-sounds, in one of them are this sounds.

@Horus: Its crazy but I haven´t this folder, doesn´t know why. I know only that in the past I have that, but not actual. Nethertheless I found a way to put individual sounds in TFAR, must open the data "task_force_radio.ts3_plugin" with winrar or another prog and change the radio-sounds in it. After that use the data as described and Teamspeak use the new changed sounds.

@Nichols

Negative.  Never have made missions with human opposition, at least when using TFAR.

Any plans on Discord version of TFAR? I know it will be difficult, but afaik they already have something like 3D sound support and also moddable API. or not? 

23 hours ago, waidmann said:

You can found the sounds from that video in TFAR 0.9.8. There are 2 folders, 1 for old and 1 for new radio-sounds, in one of them are this sounds.

@Horus: Its crazy but I haven´t this folder, doesn´t know why. I know only that in the past I have that, but not actual. Nethertheless I found a way to put individual sounds in TFAR, must open the data "task_force_radio.ts3_plugin" with winrar or another prog and change the radio-sounds in it. After that use the data as described and Teamspeak use the new changed sounds.

22 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Thanks for the links and info fellas, but they aren't the sounds I'm looking for. The sounds in that video are a custom sound set not the sounds from any previous version of TFAR. I used to have them back when that video was released but his link is now broken. I was just hoping someone else might have them.

For confirmation check out 0:16 of that video.

On 4/15/2017 at 11:56 AM, rekkless said:

Thanks for the links and info fellas, but they aren't the sounds I'm looking for. The sounds in that video are a custom sound set not the sounds from any previous version of TFAR. I used to have them back when that video was released but his link is now broken. I was just hoping someone else might have them.

For confirmation check out 0:16 of that video.

Here ya go: https://www.mediafire.com/?1h0l0m12esgox9k

They're under the "radio-sounds" folder. Not my upload so there's some other sounds in other folders too.

EDIT: Also don't follow that readme. It's wrong. For my installation of TS3, I replaced the "radio-sounds" folder in my installation folder TeamSpeak 3 Client>config>plugins>radio-sounds

Edited by Havok66
installation info

Can we safely update teampseak to the latest version without any trouble with the current TFAR?

40 minutes ago, Havok66 said:

They're under the "radio-sounds" folder. Not my upload so there's some other sounds in other folders too.

EDIT: Also don't follow that readme. It's wrong. For my installation of TS3, I replaced the "radio-sounds" folder in my installation folder TeamSpeak 3 Client>config>plugins>radio-sounds

You sir are a legend, and you've even added a whole bunch of other sounds. Thanks you so very much.

9 hours ago, rekkless said:

You sir are a legend, and you've even added a whole bunch of other sounds. Thanks you so very much.

Thanks for the legend status lol but I just used some internet sleuthing to find that. Can't take any credit for putting it together. Here's the site I found it on if anyone is curious: http://a3militaryradiovoipvoiceeffect.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/how-to-get-military-radio-voice-effect.html

Also, I just realized I've seen some of your YouTube videos, great vids!

16 hours ago, Havok66 said:

One sound is MIA :don8:: local_start.wav for the DD.

7 hours ago, waidmann said:

One sound is MIA :don8:: local_start.wav for the DD.

Copy over the one from "lr" I guess. The "local-end" from "lr" and "DD" sound the same so the start were probably similar.

Does anybody know how to add a vehicle radio to something? We're trying to add a \Blufor radio to some modded cars but we're not quite sure how and I can't seem to find a guide of it anywhere. Thanks!

We are currently on the latest teamspeak version 3.1.4 and have the latest task force radio with the plugin enabled..but our group has been running into issues.

Everyone in the group..whether in game or not..can hear each other at all times.  Now if we press the radio button it will speak through the radio..but if we press nothing and talk normally, that also works so that everyone can simply speak to each other whether they are a mile away from each other in game or not.

We tried multiple teamspeak rooms, making sure plugins are installed, etc...but it's still occurring.

Is this a currently known issue?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Are CBA settings static and will persist through mission changes or server restarts or can those events muck things up? We had no radio issues for weeks and now they are all wonky... preset channels are not working.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:17 PM, RichDahmer said:

Does anybody know how to add a vehicle radio to something? We're trying to add a \Blufor radio to some modded cars but we're not quite sure how and I can't seem to find a guide of it anywhere. Thanks!

There is intercom in the beta :)