nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hello everyone, i've got the following problem with the mod:

I'm currently running my server in 64 bit, i have the 64bit + the usual radio_pipe.dll in the mod's main folfer.

Everything works fine if someone runnign the 64 bit version joins the server, but the mod is not gonna work i someone running the 32 bit version joins the server, he will have the pipe error 6

any clue on how to fix this?

is that new 64 bit dll from dedman a part of the actual tfar team or just a random?

@simon1279 It's either all or nothing. Everyone does 64 bit or everyone does 32 bit. Also you will need the 64 bit .dll from the TFAR GitHub to run it on the server. You can find it here - link

@flatbear Yes it is official.

@Ma77h3hac83r yes i do have the 64 bit .dll downloaded from github.

The fact that everyone should run the same version sucks, because we do have many players without a single issue in our community with 64 bit, while we have many other players that do have lot of issues with 64 bit version of the game, mainly on laptops.

And those that are running @64 bits don't want to run the game @32 and vice versa wow such a huge chaos........

We had no problems with mixed versions yesterday. Everyone was running 1.1.0.217, some with 32bit and some with 64bit.

I have used the TFAR modules to setup the radios. In general, things work as advertised. The primary issue Ihave  is that the frequencies I set are never the ones that everyone is auto assigned. We all end up on the same frequency, just not the ones I want us to be on.

Beyond that, does anyone understand or have a decent write up on how to use the modules? I am specifically interested in how synchronization is supposed to work (on dividual objects, on, grouped objects, in triggers).

I haven't yet tested it, but does anyone know how the vehicle intercoms work with ace_hearing and crew helmets/ear plugs? Do the crew helmets/ear plugs lower the volume of the player voices in vehicle intercoms?

I'm having a problem with TFAR. When I join a server it says "Not connected to TeamSpeak". I have the plugin enabled and i'm running cba. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I have no radio transmit sounds. I started having the issue after i put custom radio sounds into the TS and mod folder. ( i did this by putting the radio-sounds folder into the TS plugins folder and the mod folder) I have deleted the custom radio sounds from the TS and mod folder along with the ones stored in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugins.

Any idea how to fix this?

[side note, does anyone know how to install custom radio sounds properly? the installation instructions say in install it by writing over the default radio sounds folder in the team speak plugins but i did not see a radio-sounds folder there even when TFAR was working properly.]

14 hours ago, vuther316 said:

I have no radio transmit sounds. I started having the issue after i put custom radio sounds into the TS and mod folder. ( i did this by putting the radio-sounds folder into the TS plugins folder and the mod folder) I have deleted the custom radio sounds from the TS and mod folder along with the ones stored in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugins.

Any idea how to fix this?

[side note, does anyone know how to install custom radio sounds properly? the installation instructions say in install it by writing over the default radio sounds folder in the team speak plugins but i did not see a radio-sounds folder there even when TFAR was working properly.]

Yes I second the question. How are we suppose to install custom sounds, since ts plugin update the old method doesn t work anymore.

Regards.

Just a question regarding the mod and vanilla campaign. One of the campaign missions in Adapt requires a generic short range radio, but every time I pick one up from the supply room, it magically turns into a tfar AN/PRC in my inventory and I'm unable to start the mission. Is there any fix to this, or does the mod just generally break the campaign? Thanks in advance for any help rendered!

Why would you have this loaded while playing the campaign?

Maybe because you can play campaign multi-player?

Maybe you could use the CBA settings to not auto assign radios.

Never the less... campaign + mods = unexpected and sometimes game breaking g problems.

Uh, isn't Adapt part of the original Singleplayer East Wind campaign?

• Like 1

True... the original campaign is SP.

Unless you are playing something MP, having TFAR active is unnecessary.  Sounds like they just need to learn how to set up profiles in the launcher for different game play.

19 hours ago, REFORGER88 said:

Just a question regarding the mod and vanilla campaign. One of the campaign missions in Adapt requires a generic short range radio, but every time I pick one up from the supply room, it magically turns into a tfar AN/PRC in my inventory and I'm unable to start the mission. Is there any fix to this, or does the mod just generally break the campaign? Thanks in advance for any help rendered!

No fix for this. If you play in SP with TFAR 1.0 your Radio won't be replaced anymore. But besides that yeah it will break such missions.

3 minutes ago, dedmen said:

No fix for this. If you play in SP with TFAR 1.0 your Radio won't be replaced anymore. But besides that yeah it will break such missions.

Thanks for the reply! It's no big thing, the campaign isn't much of a loss for me, I just wanted to know. Thanks again!

I've been trying for weeks now to set up a communications network.  Please take a peek at the attached JPEG.  I need some guidance.  The only way I get radios to work is to just make everyone a member of one super squad, assign SW and LW frequencies with the map module and then have everyone break off into groups using dynamic groups.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54l79f0676culjz/com_net.jpg?dl=0

Can I even set up a network as I have indicated using the map modules?

Better yet, does anyone know of a publically available mission with such a config for TFAR that I can pull apart and look at? There are plenty of videos to guide people through setup of TFAR from a user standpoint but I have yet to find something that approaches things from the mission makers end of things.

• Like 2

I need help with my TFR it only seem to happen on the teamspeak i play on it doesn't move me to the TFR channel

i tried reinstalling TFR completely still not work it works on other teamspeaks just not this maybe this could help

Task Force Radio Status (0.9.12):Connected Y Play Y P:0.9.12 A:    << I do not have the 0.9,12 like the other players there on ts there's works fine it should look like this -- Task Force Radio Status (0.9.12):Connected Y Play Y P:0.9.12 A: 0.9.12

but it is not please help thank you

@woods... Is the channel made or are you expecting it to move you to a channel that does not exist?  It will only move you to the channel specified by TFAR configuration if the channel has been created on the TS3 server you are on.

hi,

I have a question regarding the frequencies synchronization between radio from bluefor, opfor and independent. I recently updated my TFAR and it does not work anymore, even if i use the option for synchronizing frequencies of LR or SR for the side.

I was using the variable "tf_east_radio_code = "_bluefor" for example to synchronize frequencies but maybe i should use another variable now ?

Thx

I was wondering are you guys planning on adding Ultra high frequency radio band to the modules.hpp

as the bowman PRR (UHF H4855) for the british army as thay run on 2.4 GHz band, would be cool to see them in game

I'm sorry if I'm giving you information you already have, but we use TFAR on pretty much every mission we do in my community and we've been having issues since the 64 bit update. Sometimes one of us stops receiving any communication from a random player for a while (both local and radio). After that while, everything goes back to normal. This is not caused by signal interference, it happens even if we're in clear sight of each other and close (200m).

I also have an issue myself (only me that I know of) ever since I started using TFAR, in which I hear others with a low volume through local voice, even though their radio voice has a good volume. I have to get on their face to hear what they're saying clearly. I've lowered the volume of Arma 3 in the Windows volume mixer and increased TeamSpeak, but it still doesn't help. I look at videos from my teammates and they can hear everyone clearly.