nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

you give the radios via script? Maybe that causes the unique ID issue. I had such case before but it was not causing cannot talk problem but channels were getting crazy, i.e. person A who has radio ID 1 changes channel setup and person B who shares same radio ID gets that setup although he didn't want that

On 9.2.2017 at 11:14 PM, Devastator_cm said:

I don't have saitek :(

He also mentioned Joy2Key. it's Donationware. You find it on google (something joy2key.net/en or similiar)

Great tool, works with every DX Compatible Joystick. Different profiles you can switch between. Great software. IMHO a lot better and easier than those tools by Saitek / Thrustmaster and they work for EVERY device. Not just their own brand.

I forgot that I am using freepie to fix the throtle issue of Arma3 :glare:
I mapped the keyboard keys and it is working now

Since I am not getting any traction and I've found a solution myself....

Instead of 152 radios, have everyone grab a 7800.  With the modules set up to preselect frequency, nobody needs a MicroDagar or whatever it is.

Still don't understand why we cant get it to work with everyone just hauling a 152. Maybe it has something to do with how I am synching the modules (which I cant find any write up on at all, anywhere)

Also, I know I have pulled apart missions in the past that have had an init so that modules are not necessary but I cant find them any more.  Any direction that can be offered for a mission to look at how TFR is set up in a config rather than by module would be appreciated.... and not the Wiki, please, all that is just Greek to me.

And a final question... What if any effect do the modules have on inventory? I have settings for LR, PR and rifleman radios as appropriate for squad composition.  No matter what, everyone gets a 152 radio. the modules are synched to every unit placed and I have tried groups of synch'd objects as well as individual synche'd objects.

Hello, Can you fix the bug of AI remote controle ? Because zues logic it is not practical with two zeus, and for others cases ...

Thank's for you're job, and sorry for my bad english...

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:10 AM, Devastator_cm said:

you give the radios via script? Maybe that causes the unique ID issue. I had such case before but it was not causing cannot talk problem but channels were getting crazy, i.e. person A who has radio ID 1 changes channel setup and person B who shares same radio ID gets that setup although he didn't want that

After hours of bangin' on this one and coming to an understanding of how the configs work....

The init.sqf lines or the modules only apply to the initial join of any player. Those methods work for any mission that has fixed kits.  If players go to an arsenal and load a saved kit that has something other than a rifleman radio, that jacks things up.  So, everyone is resaving kits with the 7800 and things seem to have quieted down.

does this not work with new teamspeak? I get the error

plugin failed to load: api version is not compatible: 20 (minimum:21, current 22)

It would be good if Nkey update the first post. Right now it's hard to know if and when there is a new version of TFAR.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2017 at 1:49 AM, papanowel said:

It would be good if Nkey update the first post. Right now it's hard to know if and when there is a new version of TFAR.

Agreed even though we are only 166 pages into the thread an update on the first post would be awesome.

• Like 2

Hello everyone.

Every time i'm trying to launch my server, i'm getting an error saying

"Out of memory (requested 0 KB). 

footprint 3750240256 KB.

pages 32768 KB."

So what i did was i tried to remove all the PBO files, and i found out that it was "Task Force Radio" that made that error occurred. But i don't know what i should do to get it to work.  

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:47 PM, tebbbs said:

i have a script that adds a loadout to units, but sometimes the short range radio gets replaced by some item from tfar.. its some radio frequency setter.. how can i disable that?

also one more thing.. the short range radios have an id attached to the name (for example tf_anprc152_3). Can this be removed? I store the loadout in a database and when 2 people have the same id, it creates a problem when one of them is switching the frequency

Well we had the same problem. Why do you have this effect? It's easy to understand.

First thing the class name of your object is , for this radio, tf_anprc152 and not tf_anprc152_3 ( you certainly found this wrong class on your sqm file or on the editor.

How the sw radio works on task force radio addon : 

The task force radio addon works with  script which add the information "_X". So when you put for example 5 radio in a box with this command addBackpackCargoGlobal ["tf_anprc152", 5]; the TFR'script will create 5 radio from tf_anprc152_1,  tf_anprc152_2; tf_anprc152_3;... These _X number increase till you get your mission on. So normally you should not be able to get two identical radio number.

Hope this information will help you.

Edited by shaker_F

hm it does work actually. Either I am not in 64 bit or the 64bit dll is actuallty the only thing which is required to make it run

trying to get it working with 64bit on our servers.  Currently getting a "not connected to TFAR" error on connect.  Going to have to make sure TFAR on server is correctly updated.

Hello.

How do I set the default direct voice mode (whisper/normal/yelling) via init?

I've tried this but it doesn't seem to work for me:

call TFAR_fnc_setVoiceVolume;
TF_max_voice_volume = 100;

Thank you.

Ok, belay that working perfectly.  I am just not showing the "not connected to teamspeak" error.  It is still not working for my unit on the server.  It is running, but we are all getting that error now.
Just to be sure, we just need to place that 64 pipe DLL in the TFAR folder and that's it?

Tested it on our dedicated server. It is working perfectly on 64bit. Every player needs to put it in their @task_force_radio folder.

place it just in the @TFR folder its self? or in the addons or the plugins folder that are inside the @TFR folder, just to be sure?

Does it need to be done on the server also as it doesn't seem to be working?

And there is a     task_force_radio_pipe.dll     in the main folder do we delete that, or leave it in there?

======================================

Added the new 64 dll to the server @TFR & own @TFR  then removed the older .dll file from my @TFR and it all seem to work fine again.