nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

It's not working with the last version of the mod.

Did u have update it?

Ah! I forgot. You need to enable the mod in the mod/command line of the server. And add the mod files and key to the server as per usual. It will appear as a "required mod" in the server browser but it will not be required for players. For reference, my server is running the "verfiySignatures" line at a value of 2.

My server is running TFAR 0.9.12. 

For additional reference here's a Google Drive link to the file I made.

Hi there !

Is there a known issue about Zeus not able to talk to players with TFAR Plugin 0.9.12 installed?

We noticed that the virtual Zeus is no longer able to hear and speak to other players when flying in close distance. Also units captured by Zeus are can no longer be used for roleplay purposes.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, we had this problem recently as well.

We have exactly the same problem. We need to teleport the GM near to the NPC to make it talks again.

What we actually found : 

- If the GM in Zeus is near some players and is taking control of an unit somewhere else, he will hear the players talking.
- If the GM in Zeus takes control of an unit and isn't near of this unit, he will not be able to talk with this unit (even its lips will not move).

- If the GM in Zeus is near an unit and takes control of it, then the unit will be able to talk, the lips will move, but audio (and spacialization) will be glitched.

Is there any solution at this moment ? 

Thanks a lot !

Any word on a volume fix for tfr? Everything is working really well except for the occasional transmit on wrong radio bug, and the elevated volume since the last update.

Default volume has risen from 7 to 8 which almost blows your head off for most players. Yes its not hard to change it once at the start of a mission, but we play many types of game mods including TVT will many respawns, so having to lower your volume after each spawn is getting old quick.

Ive even tried to edit the mod by looking in every single config for the word 'volume' and changing the default to 6, but this approach doesnt seem to have any effect.

Cba settings menu at map screen on server has no effect for the volume option either.

So can we expect this to fixed or at least a work around in the next update? Or can anyone suggest a work around for the time being?

Cheers

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio/functions/cba_settings.sqf#L9

This is where the setting is defined. So its actually default 9 right now. Players can set that in their own settings. Under Options -> Game Options -> Addon options.

the second 9 in the array is the default value. It is already set back to 7 for the 1.0 release.

Hi. I noticed that when im using TFAR. Offroad (armed) is always RED. And if i try edit vehicle appearance in editor, in camo it show N/A. But when i remove TFAR. I can see all the normal camos.

Always same thing when i downloaded TFAR and CBA from Steam workshop or armaholic.

• Like 1

Hey,

I am hoping to get some help with a couple things I am trying to implement in a mission.

I am trying to add LR radio to a couple of CUP Land Rovers that don't already have them:

CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W

CUP_B_LR_MG_GB_W

I have looked at this example and used the class names of the vehicles I want to use but I am not really sure how to implement it as everything I have tried has failed to work.

class MyVehicleWithRadio: LandVehicle {

tf_hasLRradio = 1; // 1 = true, 0 = false
};

I want to have all vehicle radios to default to speakers so we hear comms coming from all vehicles.

I have found this [_object, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers; but I can not seem to get this working either.

Hopefully someone has a solution :)

Thanks.

Hey,

I am hoping to get some help with a couple things I am trying to implement in a mission.

I am trying to add LR radio to a couple of CUP Land Rovers that don't already have them:

CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W

CUP_B_LR_MG_GB_W

I have looked at this example and used the class names of the vehicles I want to use but I am not really sure how to implement it as everything I have tried has failed to work.

class MyVehicleWithRadio: LandVehicle {

tf_hasLRradio = 1; // 1 = true, 0 = false

};

I want to have all vehicle radios to default to speakers so we hear comms coming from all vehicles.

I have found this [_object, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers; but I can not seem to get this working either.

Hopefully someone has a solution :)

Thanks.

Both your config and script are actually correct...

To check if the config setting on the vehicle is correctly applied you can sit in the vehicle and call "player call TFAR_fnc_vehicleLr" If vehicle doesn't have an LR Radio this will return an empty array. Meaning something with your config is not alright.

Thanks dedmen but I'm still having no luck.

I need steps for dummies I know nothing of this stuff I just a copy and paste.

I have tried 

class CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W: LandVehicle {

tf_hasLRradio = 1// 1 = true, 0 = false
};

and

class CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W: Car_F {

};

and I get error undefined base class :  LandVehicle or Car_F.

I have also tried null = [this, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers; in the vehicle init and not working for speakers. Ideally I'm hoping to find something I can put in the mission init.sqf that will set speakers on for all vehicles but will be happy with any working command.

Thanks.

Thanks dedmen but I'm still having no luck.

I need steps for dummies I know nothing of this stuff I just a copy and paste.

I have tried 

class CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W: LandVehicle {

};

and

class CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W: Car_F {

};

and I get error undefined base class :  LandVehicle or Car_F.

I have also tried null = [this, "driver_radio_settings"] call TFAR_fnc_setLrSpeakers; in the vehicle init and not working for speakers. Ideally I'm hoping to find something I can put in the mission init.sqf that will set speakers on for all vehicles but will be happy with any working command.

Thanks.

You have to use the correct base class CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W is inheriting from. You can use the ingame config Browser to check that. then you use

class parentClass;

class CUP_B_LR_Transport_GB_W : parentClass {

};

Are you trying to enable speakers for a vehicle that already has a radio? Because it would be obvious that it doesn't work for a vehicle that doesn't have a radio.

To get quicker help feel free to join our discord https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/1116

Just message me in the scriptingsupport channel. Live support is easier than here on the forum.

Hi there !

We have exactly the same problem. We need to teleport the GM near to the NPC to make it talks again.

What we actually found : 

- If the GM in Zeus is near some players and is taking control of an unit somewhere else, he will hear the players talking.

- If the GM in Zeus takes control of an unit and isn't near of this unit, he will not be able to talk with this unit (even its lips will not move).

- If the GM in Zeus is near an unit and takes control of it, then the unit will be able to talk, the lips will move, but audio (and spacialization) will be glitched.

Is there any solution at this moment ? 

Thanks a lot !

we are a lot of players  to have the same probleme , but anyone found a solution ^^

we are a lot of players  to have the same probleme , but anyone found a solution ^^

Already posted this in the forum before

["unit", {
    //current unit changed (Curator took control of unit)

if (player != (_this select 0)) then {
        player setVariable ["TFAR_controlledUnit",(_this select 0), true];//This tells other players that our position is different
    } else {
        player setVariable ["TFAR_controlledUnit",nil, true];
    };

TFAR_currentUnit = (_this select 0);
}] call CBA_fnc_addPlayerEventHandler;

That into init.sqf and done.

• Like 1

Already posted this in the forum before

["unit", {
    //current unit changed (Curator took control of unit)

if (player != (_this select 0)) then {
        player setVariable ["TFAR_controlledUnit",(_this select 0), true];//This tells other players that our position is different
    } else {
        player setVariable ["TFAR_controlledUnit",nil, true];
    };

TFAR_currentUnit = (_this select 0);
}] call CBA_fnc_addPlayerEventHandler;

That into init.sqf and done.

Dedmen,

I tried this and didn´t work for me ...

I am having the same ZEUS problem.

Dedmen,

I tried this and didn´t work for me ...

I am having the same ZEUS problem.

Yup didn't work for me either :/

Hello,

Does anyone know why the following command is not longer working on a dedicated server? Perhaps I´ve missed something.

TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false; 

I put this always on the init.sqf mission to avoid conflicts wiht the Ace altimeter which is assigned in the same inventory player slot.

Any solution?

BR

• Like 1

dedmen, i know you are very busy but is it possible to have a mission template with your solution for zeus problem ?

thank you very much 

I don't understand the vehicle mounter Long range radios.

I added this code to my vehicles from a mod:

tf_RadioType="TFAR_rt1523g";
tf_hasLRradio = 1;
tf_range=50000;

Now every vehicle with a vehicle mounted radio has different frequencies and it's not possible to change frequency ingame

On 11/28/2016 at 10:49 AM, legio4777 said:

Hello,

Does anyone know why the following command is not longer working on a dedicated server? Perhaps I´ve missed something.

TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false; 

I put this always on the init.sqf mission to avoid conflicts wiht the Ace altimeter which is assigned in the same inventory player slot.

Any solution?

BR

Same here. I also tried to use

publicVariable "TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier";

after that but with no luck.

I got the message "LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1.1" and I got it before the briefing screen when I got the loading mission screen. So problem is I can't click on it to close it because I can't see it it's actually hidden by the loading screen.

If i shut down my server A3 detect that the server is not responding and I got the message "Server not responding" (or something) and I can see the message of TFAR.

I think I look everywhere, check everything but this message always come back, like it's random

Is there a way to deactivate it ?

For info :

I run stable branch, latest CBA, latest TFAR (0.9.12) plugin is up-to-date.

When i use my pc as server i don't have this problem only on my dedicated server.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, Having a bit of trouble getting TFR fully working on my dedicated server. 

I have done everything correctly regarding installation because I have set it up many times without fail in the past, But this time I cant work out what it is doing it so have come here seeking advice.

The mod is on the server and we have the plugin on Teamspeak. When loaded in on the server it says "No task force radio deployed on the server.".  Although the local chat works fine and we can even turn the mode from yelling, Whispering and back to normal. But when we have a radio equipped we cant seem to speak on it or even bring up the radio interface. We can get the radio up in vehicles but once set to the same channel and frequency we fail to communicate to each other.  

No mods are conflicting with it because we tested it on its own with Community Based Addons installed of course and we still had the same problem. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks 

If anymore information is required please do not hesitate to ask.

FIXED: I must of been having a moment. The mod was called @task_force_radio and in the parameters I had it as @taskforceradio. 

Edited by GibboDaBeast
Fixed

hi TFR guys,

we would like to make this amazing mod work for the unsung vietnam war mod. many of our players use TFR in their unit ops, so it makes sense to try to make them work together.

we have PRC90 (small radio item) and a number of PRC25 (backpack) models for US and T-881 backpack for PAVN.

they have GUI for calling local air support at present, and they play battle chatter, using our radio module.

example of radio models:

5.png

prc90_zpsutffohcz.jpg

I imagine we need to give you guys our models to build into TFR.

The thing i hope we could discuss is how to manage classnames, and how to manage our existing GUI functions, and how they fit into TFR code etc.

re vehicles, they work already with TFR as they inherit from BI classes.

please when you have time can you PM me so we can have a chat about it?

cheers

EB

Unsung mod team

• Like 2

Can somebody recommend a mission to download that has TFAR configured to assign radios as appropriate. No matter what I do my all players are ending up with Personal radios (when I think some should get rifleman radios) and unneeded microdager reprogrammers.

I need something to learn from.

ACE and TFR through Steam.

Does anyone have issue with TFAR saying wrong version after a dedicated server has been running for An extended period of time on their server

We have issue with ZEUS controlled units are not able to speak to players. In many cases when zeus is speaking from controled unit it will just CUT in speech and can't hear him. Any time to fix this problem?

We have TFAR v0.9.12

TFAR no longer works with the latest teamspeak 3.1. API version is not compatible: 20 (current version 21)

• Like 2