nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Does someone else has the problem that you have to push the personal radio button twice after you have used your long range radio?

For me the first push on the personal radio transmit button does nothing, directly after using the long range radio.

My short range transmit button is CapsLock and my long range transmit button is Tab.

EDIT: There is another bug when I dont have a long range radio and then press the long range radio transmit button (CapsLock) my personal radio starts sending and locks this state.

This problems startet with 0.9.12 for me,  with 0.9.10 everything was fine.

There is a known Problem when using a button without Modifier for the LR Radio. Arma hotkey handling is not as nice as I'd like it to be.

HI,

I have a question, 

I have a public server, and i want to use TaskForceRadio on it, but i also want people who dont have taskforce to be able to join the server and not beeing kicked because they dont have tfar.

If you have an idea tell me :)

Thx 

if your server is not setup so the clients must have the same mods as the server, then anyone should be able to join the server without mods unless the mission is dependent on TFR (modules placed).

Is anyone else having difficulty getting Task Force to stop replacing Unit leader backpacks?

I have tried both disabling this feature in the server/user config settings as well as attempting to disable it through the actual TFAR module within the editor.

Both ways have been unsuccessful.  All friendly AI units that spawn in (using ALiVE), have a backpack at the foot of the unit leader.

Is this a known issue?  Is there something I'm missing?

Is anyone else having difficulty getting Task Force to stop replacing Unit leader backpacks?

I have tried both disabling this feature in the server/user config settings as well as attempting to disable it through the actual TFAR module within the editor.

Both ways have been unsuccessful.  All friendly AI units that spawn in (using ALiVE), have a backpack at the foot of the unit leader.

Is this a known issue?  Is there something I'm missing?

as of TFAR 0.9.10 this is disabled by default.

Code:

if (tf_no_auto_long_range_radio or {backpack TFAR_currentUnit == "B_Parachute"} or {player call TFAR_fnc_isForcedCurator}) exitWith {};

any of these is true equals no backpack replacement.

Check with the Debug console or any other means that the Variable tf_no_auto_long_range_radio is really set to true when ingame.

I have recently tried downloading this mod from both the author site, and armaholic (both sources offering version 0.9.12), but in either case when I unzip the file all that I get out is a folder called @taskforceradio. The installation guide on the author site mentions that the download zip should include an arma 3 folder (which I would move to my steamlibrary arma 3 folder) and a teamspeak folder (which I would move to my root teamspeak client folder), but neither of these show up in the download. Am I doing something wrong during extraction, or what?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it now. I realize that I copy the entire @taskforceradio folder into my arma folder, and that the teamspeak bit is taken care of by the executable.

We got it all working as intended. This code is in our init.sqf. Combined with using the CBA settings ( loggin in as admin --> map screen -- > configure addons ) seems to have made it all work including setting the frequencies to 311, 312 etc

One thing that is not working is the volume setting, which by default is now at 80 which is very load for most players. Will be great once that is working.

Cheers for progressing the mod!

private _settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, 
["311", "312", "313", "314", "315", "316", "317", "318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

private _settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings; 
_settingsLrWest set [2, 
["50", "51", "52", "53", "54", "55", "56", "57", "58"]]; 
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest; 

k so i have a question that i can not find an answer to anywhere. my unit just got a second server and we want to setup tfar on it and we are running into an issue where tfar will work for about 10 sec. then stop and you just hear everyone as if your just in teamspeak. anyone have any clue as to how to fix it? we installed it through the mod installer on host havoc and it works like stated when we try to replace it with a newer version it doesnt work at all.

cba versin 3.1.1

tfar version 0.9.11

Hmm its give a new tfra version

have the client and the server the same version? we have no problems all works well

I'm going slightly mad. I'm usually not that fatalistic, but the change to cba settings was such a huge mishap... The frequencies are set the way I want it. But the first lr radio a player receives (way after setting the frequencies) has the wrong settings. Readding the lr radio updates the frequencies to the correct values.

The settings are defined in a function that gets called for dedicated server right at the top of init.sqf and for the client at the top of initPlayerLocal.sqf. The lr radio is added after the call, with a waitUntil {player == player}; and a sleep 1; in between - there's literally no reason whatsoever why the lr radio shouldn't have the right values. But it does anyways...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Before the conversion I could simply set a few variables on preInit and everything was fine. With all those changes everything's messed up when it comes to tfar settings...

Hmm its give a new tfra version

have the client and the server the same version? we have no problems all works well

host havoc gives the 0.9.8 version and the first cba as well it still wont work that way then we tried to use the updated versions of both and it doesn't even try to work. yes the server and client are running the same version and even if they weren't the same it would still work ive run the newer version with servers that have older versions

I'm going slightly mad. I'm usually not that fatalistic, but the change to cba settings was such a huge mishap... The frequencies are set the way I want it. But the first lr radio a player receives (way after setting the frequencies) has the wrong settings. Readding the lr radio updates the frequencies to the correct values.

The settings are defined in a function that gets called for dedicated server right at the top of init.sqf and for the client at the top of initPlayerLocal.sqf. The lr radio is added after the call, with a waitUntil {player == player}; and a sleep 1; in between - there's literally no reason whatsoever why the lr radio shouldn't have the right values. But it does anyways...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Before the conversion I could simply set a few variables on preInit and everything was fine. With all those changes everything's messed up when it comes to tfar settings...

CBA settings is not really a conversion. We had to do it because the userconfig had to be removed for security reasons. And without CBA settings there wouldn't be a way to set serverside settings without script addons.

For set frequencies to apply you also need to enable same frequencies for Side. Set that in CBA's serverSide or MissionSide Settings and force the setting. Just talked about the frequencies problem with a guy a few hours ago. His scripts weren't working correctly but when he set the serverSide CBA Settings everything was fine.

For set frequencies to apply you also need to enable same frequencies for Side. Set that in CBA's serverSide or MissionSide Settings and force the setting. Just talked about the frequencies problem with a guy a few hours ago. His scripts weren't working correctly but when he set the serverSide CBA Settings everything was fine.

They are set correctly. That is the problem that's bugging me out.

The serverside settings are: same frequencies for each side on every kind of radio, no auto lr radio, no personal radio for regular soldier and no microdagr. What else do I have to do to get it working?

Please, take a look at this: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_MissionTemplate/blob/master/adv_missiontemplate.altis/functions/preInit/fn_tfarSettings.sqf

It's being called in init.sqf and initPlayerLocal.sqf (since they latter is executed before init.sqf in MP) and via preInit - and it still doesn't work reliably at all. All the server side lr radios (in vehicles for example) and the sw radios have the right frequencies, but the first lr radio a player receives is set to the wrong frequencies.

Additionally I have set the basic settings in the mission screen for the server - the "mission settings" are greyed out.

I think it would be nice if someone writes a readme after figuring out how to set up the new version :huh:

• Like 1

Hey guys I've noticed the give players squad radios global variable no longer works. Is this just me or is there something i need to change in the missions (I really don't want to add TFAR to a pub servers requirements)

Github Issue

Is there a known issue about Zeus not able to talk to players with TFAR Plugin 0.9.12 installed?

We noticed that the virtual Zeus is no longer able to hear and speak to other players when flying in close distance. Also units captured by Zeus are can no longer be used for roleplay purposes.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also units captured by Zeus are can no longer be used for roleplay purposes.

Yes, we had this problem recently as well.

Does someone else has the problem that you have to push the personal radio button twice after you have used your long range radio?

For me the first push on the personal radio transmit button does nothing, directly after using the long range radio.

My short range transmit button is CapsLock and my long range transmit button is Tab.

EDIT: There is another bug when I dont have a long range radio and then press the long range radio transmit button (CapsLock) my personal radio starts sending and locks this state.

This problems startet with 0.9.12 for me,  with 0.9.10 everything was fine.

I can confirm this, V & B are my short & long, with ctrl being the modifier for both. And I too have to double tap key to transmit when moving from one of the four options. Quite a pain.

TFAR removes Local Markers?

Edit: Found the problem. My mission uses onEachFrame. Fixed.

HI,

I have a question, 

I have a public server, and i want to use TaskForceRadio on it, but i also want people who dont have taskforce to be able to join the server and not beeing kicked because they dont have tfar.

Thx 

Setup an IF statement to check if client is running tfar then place the required modules locally? I don't know it this will work just a guess. Think it at least might help you come closer to a solution. 

I think you just need to have the server key set on your server, place mission modules, but not run TFAR on the server.  My unit has TFAR set like this on our public Zeus server I believe, to let people join without TFAR.
I'll see if I can get the exact setup from the guys.

Any word on a volume fix for tfr? Everything is working really well except for the occasional transmit on wrong radio bug, and the elevated volume since the last update.

Default volume has risen from 7 to 8 which almost blows your head off for most players. Yes its not hard to change it once at the start of a mission, but we play many types of game mods including TVT will many respawns, so having to lower your volume after each spawn is getting old quick.

Ive even tried to edit the mod by looking in every single config for the word 'volume' and changing the default to 6, but this approach doesnt seem to have any effect.

Cba settings menu at map screen on server has no effect for the volume option either.

So can we expect this to fixed or at least a work around in the next update? Or can anyone suggest a work around for the time being?

Cheers

HI,

I have a question, 

Thx 

For Marc and anyone interested,

I just recently discovered how to do this. TFAR, and mods like it, use a variable input system to call the mod (Or at least that's how I understand it). Effectively, the modules placed down on the map do this; which is just the super fast, dirty method of installing TFAR into a mission file.

The way to install TFAR without requiring it as a mod for all players involves a little bit of code.

Simply add a section like this to your init.sqf in your mission before exporting it to multiplayer. I used this on 10/30/2016 and it is still working. 

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) then {
	//TFAR:
	//für zusätzliche variablen/functions: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables
	compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_radio_channel_name = "TaskForceRadio";
	tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
	TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = false;
	TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;
	tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
	tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
	tf_terrain_interception_coefficient = 7.0;

//radios
	TF_defaultWestBackpack = "tf_rt1523g";
	TF_defaultEastBackpack = "tf_mr3000";
	TF_defaultGuerBackpack = "tf_anprc155";
	TF_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";
	TF_defaultEastPersonalRadio = "tf_fadak";
	TF_defaultGuerPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc148jem";
	TF_defaultWestAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc210";
	TF_defaultEastAirborneRadio = "tf_mr6000l";
	TF_defaultGuerAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc164";

OPF_F_personal_tf_faction_radio = "tf_fadak";
	OPF_F_rifleman_tf_faction_radio = "tf_pnr1000a";

//frequencies
	//blufor
	tf_freq_west    = [0,7,["131.5","132","132.5","133","133.5","134","134.5","135","135.5","136","136.5","137","137.5"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_west_lr = [0,7,["42","42.5","43","43.5","44","44.5","45","45.5","46","46.5","47","47.5","48"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_name    = [["131.5","Alfa"],["132","Bravo"],["132.5","Charlie"],["133","Delta"],["133.5","Echo"],["134","Foxtrot"],["134.5","Golf"],["135","Hotel"],["135.5","India"],["136","Juliett"],["136.5","Kilo"],["137","Lima"],["137.5","Mike"]];

//opfor
	tf_freq_east    = [0,7,["221.5","222","222.5","223","223.5","224","224.5","225","225.5","226","226.5","227","227.5"],0,"_opfor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_east_lr = [0,7,["31","31.5","32","32.5","33","33.5","34","34.5","35","35.5","36","36.5","37"],0,"_opfor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_name    = tf_freq_name+[["221.5","Alfa"],["222","Bravo"],["222.5","Charlie"],["223","Delta"],["223.5","Echo"],["224","Foxtrot"],["224.5","Golf"],["225","Hotel"],["225.5","India"],["226","Juliett"],["226.5","Kilo"],["227","Lima"],["227.5","Mike"]];

//Indfor
	tf_freq_guer    = [0,7,["341.5","342","342.5","343","343.5","344","344.5","345","345.5","346","346.5","347","347.5"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_guer_lr = [0,7,["52","52.5","53","53.5","54","54.5","55","55.5","56","56.5","57","57.5","58"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_name    = tf_freq_name+[["341.5","Alfa"],["342","Bravo"],["342.5","Charlie"],["343","Delta"],["343.5","Echo"],["344","Foxtrot"],["344.5","Golf"],["345","Hotel"],["345.5","India"],["346","Juliett"],["346.5","Kilo"],["347","Lima"],["347.5","Mike"]];
};

I had to compile information from other posts from at least a year ago. Back then the variables like "TF_defaultWestBackPack",etc. all were labeled differently. Some of the variables may still not be correct, but this works.

You can manipulate this code to your needs. You can also find the comprehensive list of variables here:

Just make sure you follow the same format.

For Marc and anyone interested,

I just recently discovered how to do this. TFAR, and mods like it, use a variable input system to call the mod (Or at least that's how I understand it). Effectively, the modules placed down on the map do this; which is just the super fast, dirty method of installing TFAR into a mission file.

The way to install TFAR without requiring it as a mod for all players involves a little bit of code.

Simply add a section like this to your init.sqf in your mission before exporting it to multiplayer. I used this on 10/30/2016 and it is still working. 

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio")) then {
	//TFAR:
	//für zusätzliche variablen/functions: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables
	compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_radio_channel_name = "TaskForceRadio";
	tf_radio_channel_password = "123";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
	TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = false;
	TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false;
	tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
	tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
	tf_terrain_interception_coefficient = 7.0;

//radios
	TF_defaultWestBackpack = "tf_rt1523g";
	TF_defaultEastBackpack = "tf_mr3000";
	TF_defaultGuerBackpack = "tf_anprc155";
	TF_defaultWestPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc152";
	TF_defaultEastPersonalRadio = "tf_fadak";
	TF_defaultGuerPersonalRadio = "tf_anprc148jem";
	TF_defaultWestAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc210";
	TF_defaultEastAirborneRadio = "tf_mr6000l";
	TF_defaultGuerAirborneRadio = "tf_anarc164";

OPF_F_personal_tf_faction_radio = "tf_fadak";
	OPF_F_rifleman_tf_faction_radio = "tf_pnr1000a";

//frequencies
	//blufor
	tf_freq_west    = [0,7,["131.5","132","132.5","133","133.5","134","134.5","135","135.5","136","136.5","137","137.5"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_west_lr = [0,7,["42","42.5","43","43.5","44","44.5","45","45.5","46","46.5","47","47.5","48"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_name    = [["131.5","Alfa"],["132","Bravo"],["132.5","Charlie"],["133","Delta"],["133.5","Echo"],["134","Foxtrot"],["134.5","Golf"],["135","Hotel"],["135.5","India"],["136","Juliett"],["136.5","Kilo"],["137","Lima"],["137.5","Mike"]];

//opfor
	tf_freq_east    = [0,7,["221.5","222","222.5","223","223.5","224","224.5","225","225.5","226","226.5","227","227.5"],0,"_opfor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_east_lr = [0,7,["31","31.5","32","32.5","33","33.5","34","34.5","35","35.5","36","36.5","37"],0,"_opfor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_name    = tf_freq_name+[["221.5","Alfa"],["222","Bravo"],["222.5","Charlie"],["223","Delta"],["223.5","Echo"],["224","Foxtrot"],["224.5","Golf"],["225","Hotel"],["225.5","India"],["226","Juliett"],["226.5","Kilo"],["227","Lima"],["227.5","Mike"]];

//Indfor
	tf_freq_guer    = [0,7,["341.5","342","342.5","343","343.5","344","344.5","345","345.5","346","346.5","347","347.5"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_guer_lr = [0,7,["52","52.5","53","53.5","54","54.5","55","55.5","56","56.5","57","57.5","58"],0,"_bluefor",-1,0];
	tf_freq_name    = tf_freq_name+[["341.5","Alfa"],["342","Bravo"],["342.5","Charlie"],["343","Delta"],["343.5","Echo"],["344","Foxtrot"],["344.5","Golf"],["345","Hotel"],["345.5","India"],["346","Juliett"],["346.5","Kilo"],["347","Lima"],["347.5","Mike"]];
};

I had to compile information from other posts from at least a year ago. Back then the variables like "TF_defaultWestBackPack",etc. all were labeled differently. Some of the variables may still not be correct, but this works.

You can manipulate this code to your needs. You can also find the comprehensive list of variables here:

Just make sure you follow the same format.

It's not working with the last version of the mod.

Did u have update it?