nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I followed instructions for installing this mod, yet I dont have radio on/off effect sound when pressing Caps Lock. It says Transmitting alright, but I dont have those radio sounds despite having plugins copied into my TS. I tried Steam Workshop version of the mod as well, but it doesnt produce those sounds either. What could be the problem? Thanks.

I have a similar problem, at least up to 0.9.10. If I use certain keybindings for radios that do not contain qualifier keys, then I get something like this:

• Press SW key -> Normal short range radio talk
  • Release SW key
  • Press LR key -> Beep and everything sounds like LR, but the transmission goes to the local channel
  • Release LR key
  • Press LR key -> Correctly goes to the long range channel

I have no idea how to reproduce this problem, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I think it depends on what kind of keybinding you are using.

That is a known problem when using keys without modifiers for LR radios. Someone already made a supposed solution for that but it brought other problems that made that fix not that good. We are definitely aiming to fix that. Our keyHandling functions all end with "hack" so you can imagine how wonky our implementation is.

Sorry for being vague, but it was during the version that did not change for about a year, which raises the point that i dont think it was a version change that instigated the problem.

I remember being forced to set the SW additional channel because of a specific mission setup, and it probably sounds wierd but after i did that i started noticing some strange behaviour like what i posted before. I got rid of the additional channel key but the problem persisted.

Maybe it was an arma patch that changed things?

BTW while youre taking requests, the only thing ACRE does better than TFR is let you hear players talking in the 3d space when you are spectating them. any plans for that?

Fixing spectator is planned. We just got a request from another player two days ago about that. For progress check https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/1151

I followed instructions for installing this mod, yet I dont have radio on/off effect sound when pressing Caps Lock. It says Transmitting alright, but I dont have those radio sounds despite having plugins copied into my TS. I tried Steam Workshop version of the mod as well, but it doesnt produce those sounds either. What could be the problem? Thanks.

Its not enough to copy the plugins you also have to copy the radio-sounds folder. If you are using the workshop version just run the plugin installer and it should handle everything.

Hi :-)

I've noticed that all our pre-configured radio frequencies have been broken with the last TFAR update.

Currently our code in the Init looks like:

// Task Force Radio Settings

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;

_settingsSwWest set [2, ["31.1","31.2","31.3","32.1","32.2","32.3","33.1","33.2"]];

tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;

_settingsLrWest set [2, ["31","32","33","40","50","51"]];

tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

Could anyone kindly tell me what it should be now with the new version ?

Cheers

SJ

tf_freq_west_lr are only generated when the serverSide variable doesn't exist. Meaning if you code runs client-side only, the server will overwrite your setting. So as long as you place it in init.sqf instead of initPlayerLocal.sqf it should be fine. Also dont use "#include" there. That will break your mission when 1.0 comes out. Use "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers" which will error out on 1.0 but not kill your arma.

tf_freq_west_lr are only generated when the serverSide variable doesn't exist. Meaning if you code runs client-side only, the server will overwrite your setting. So as long as you place it in init.sqf instead of initPlayerLocal.sqf it should be fine. Also dont use "#include" there. That will break your mission when 1.0 comes out. Use "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers" which will error out on 1.0 but not kill your arma.

Hi Dedmen, sorry just to be clear that code is already in the init.sqf... ?

Hi Dedmen, sorry just to be clear that code is already in the init.sqf... ?

Okey good to know. We already have a report about that here https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/1058 But that guy didn't reply.

Would be nice if you could join our Discord and provide a test mission for us so we can reproduce the Problem. It's already on my todo list for the next few days but you could make my work easier ;)

The mission is complex with over 40 mods. Not something you want to be testing with. I will try and port it to something more simple. Bear with me

I am making a mission where I don't want the squad leader to have a long range radio. You use to be able to put  "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;"  in your mission init file to prevent the squad leaders having their backpack replaced and spawned with a LR radio. However it doesn't seem to work anymore. Has it changed, am I doing anything wrong?

I am making a mission where I don't want the squad leader to have a long range radio. You use to be able to put  "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;"  in your mission init file to prevent the squad leaders having their backpack replaced and spawned with a LR radio. However it doesn't seem to work anymore. Has it changed, am I doing anything wrong?

We didn't change anything on that variable. It only moved to CBA Settings which is set before init.sqf but can be overwritten in init.sqf

2 updates ago this feature was removed (it didnt give SLs an LR by default anymore)

maybe its done a backflip in the latest version? We havent bothered updating yet coz of the reports of the frequencies not being synced.

We didn't change anything on that variable. It only moved to CBA Settings which is set before init.sqf but can be overwritten in init.sqf

Something is changed for sure. Not only that variable, but all the variables that used to control TFAR on mission editing level to make it simpler (channel synchronization, no backpack radio, no microdagr, give SL radios to riflemen). What used to work does no longer work after updating via steam a couple of days ago.

Good morning (local) team. regarding Tfar and RHS armoured vehicles, we have a constant issue with commanders/gunners in the m113 and commander in m1 abram variants not being able to communicate with guys on the ground outside the vech. ive been in contact with RHS and they believe it is more of a tfar & game issue as according to game logic even when turned out in these seats you are still inside the vehicle

mods we use. RHS,Tfar,Ace and cba. Tfar ver. 0.9.8

Something is changed for sure. Not only that variable, but all the variables that used to control TFAR on mission editing level to make it simpler (channel synchronization, no backpack radio, no microdagr, give SL radios to riflemen). What used to work does no longer work after updating via steam a couple of days ago.

Problem is we can't reproduce any of those problems. I just tested with TF_no_auto_long_range_radio and everything works as expected. Mission Module overwrites server-side settings. Init.sqf script overwrites module and server settings. And i get what i specified. It would be far easier if anyone could provide us with a repro mission so we can see where the problem lies. Just saying something doesn't work isn't helping anyone. I also tested the frequency Module and it worked fine. I didn't test script for frequencies but as the script does exactly the same as the module i expect it to work.

Are you saying we can assign multiple frequencies using a TFAR module ? Forgive the naive question it's been so long since we set it all up. Sj

Are you saying we can assign multiple frequencies using a TFAR module ? Forgive the naive question it's been so long since we set it all up. Sj

You can set an array of frequencies in the TFAR Frequencies Module. These frequencies will be the default frequencies by every group thats synchronized with the module.

But you have to sync it to every group you want to start with these frequencies. And only sync it to one unit per group else you'll get error messages about multiple frequency modules assigned.

Problem is we can't reproduce any of those problems. I just tested with TF_no_auto_long_range_radio and everything works as expected. Mission Module overwrites server-side settings. Init.sqf script overwrites module and server settings. And i get what i specified. It would be far easier if anyone could provide us with a repro mission so we can see where the problem lies. Just saying something doesn't work isn't helping anyone. I also tested the frequency Module and it worked fine. I didn't test script for frequencies but as the script does exactly the same as the module i expect it to work.

In that case ill update my squad with the latest version and let you know if everything is normal Will report back after game night (3 days from now)

Back to the problem with settings not applied.. It's actually correct but not really reproducible. Settings get overwritten by CBA after postInit. Problem is.. Sometimes init.sqf runs before that sometimes after.

The correct way is to use the CBA_settings_fnc_set for settings that are using the CBA framework. see this:

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", true, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side", false, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

The first parameter is the name of the setting(Variable) the second parameter is the value and the third parameter has to always stay true.

The settings listed are all the CBA_Settings variables. All other variables can still be set the old way you are used to. A quick fix would be to put this to the end of your variable set scripts:

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", TF_no_auto_long_range_radio, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier", TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side, true,"mission"] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

This makes sure the variables you just set will stay set.

I'm sorry for not knowing that before but the CBA_Settings documentation didn't say a single word about that.

If you are running the scripts serverside Only you have to add ,"server" as last argument to CBA_settings_fnc_set.

This is a ugly workaround and may not work all the time.. It is prefered to use the CBA Server side settings  https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/Settings-System#basics

Settings get overwritten by CBA after postInit.

That really, really, really sucks... Most of the times mission settings should be set and done in preInit. Changing anything after preInit makes these changes hardly reliable.

Hey, did a quick skim but didn't find any solution - have the newer version of TFAR done away with the Teamspeak 3 Client Folder in the download file, and have just had the one plugin file? It's been a minute since I've used TFAR, heheh.
Thanks!

Hey, did a quick skim but didn't find any solution - have the newer version of TFAR done away with the Teamspeak 3 Client Folder in the download file, and have just had the one plugin file? It's been a minute since I've used TFAR, heheh.

Thanks!

its an installer file. Run it, set the path if needed and then it will install the plugins

• Like 1

Back to the problem with settings not applied.. It's actually correct but not really reproducible. Settings get overwritten by CBA after postInit. Problem is.. Sometimes init.sqf runs before that sometimes after.

The correct way is to use the CBA_settings_fnc_set for settings that are using the CBA framework. see this:

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", true, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier", false, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", true, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", false, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", false, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side", false, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

The first parameter is the name of the setting(Variable) the second parameter is the value and the third parameter has to always stay true.

The settings listed are all the CBA_Settings variables. All other variables can still be set the old way you are used to. A quick fix would be to put this to the end of your variable set scripts:

["TF_no_auto_long_range_radio", TF_no_auto_long_range_radio, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier", TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier", TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_sw_frequencies_for_side, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_lr_frequencies_for_side, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side", TF_same_dd_frequencies_for_side, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

This makes sure the variables you just set will stay set.

I'm sorry for not knowing that before but the CBA_Settings documentation didn't say a single word about that.

If you are running the scripts serverside Only you have to add ,"server" as last argument to CBA_settings_fnc_set

how would i go about setting the lower half of the following code using the cba system?

["tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier", true, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["tf_no_auto_long_range_radio", true, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["tf_give_microdagr_to_soldier", false, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side", true, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;
["tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side", true, true] call CBA_settings_fnc_set;

private _settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, 
["311", "312", "313", "314", "315", "316", "317", "318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

private _settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings; 
_settingsLrWest set [2, 
["50", "51", "52", "53", "54", "55", "56", "57", "58"]]; 
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest; 

how would i go about setting the lower half of the following code using the cba system?

You don't. You're already doing it right. As Dedmen stated, only the aforementioned settings have to be set using cba_settings_fnc_set, as the cba_settings are supposed to substitute the userconfig.

hmm, well thats not good. used that script in a coop tonight and the frequencies were not set the same each side like they used to be. 

The frequencies were set the same for each individual group, but they were random freqs.

Seems all the settings worked correctly, but setting the freqs to 311, 312 etc did not work...

hmm, well thats not good. used that script in a coop tonight and the frequencies were not set the same each side like they used to be. 

The frequencies were set the same for each individual group, but they were random freqs.

Seems all the settings worked correctly, but setting the freqs to 311, 312 etc did not work...

The rest of the script just stays CBA less.

For your set frequencies to apply you have to have tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side set to true. My workaround is very wonky.

It is way safer to just use CBA as it is intended:

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/Settings-System#basics

You can define settings mission wide or Server wide. And now that i learned that CBA overwrites settings after missionStart i also know some module settings won't work. So you have to set them the CBA inteded way. You can also go to Settings -> (forgot the name) in 3DEN and set it there for the mission but remember to set everything you wanna change to forced.

And now that i learned that CBA overwrites settings after missionStart i also know some module settings won't work. So you have to set them the CBA inteded way. You can also go to Settings -> (forgot the name) in 3DEN and set it there for the mission but remember to set everything you wanna change to forced.

I am doing just that, although I do define parameters in cba's settings.sqf (dedicated server). However, TFAR didn't set up correctly. It always fell back to default settings. From what I gathered by looking at the TFAR code was that it expects the CBA settings to be named, for example, tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side_server, however, this variable is not set by CBA.

• Like 1

I am doing just that, although I do define parameters in cba's settings.sqf (dedicated server). However, TFAR didn't set up correctly. It always fell back to default settings. From what I gathered by looking at the TFAR code was that it expects the CBA settings to be named, for example, tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side_server, however, this variable is not set by CBA.

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side_server is only used when tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side is undefined and tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side_server is defined. Which is never the case. tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side Is always defined and the _server variable is never set. Its old leftover code thats not used anymore.

Does someone else has the problem that you have to push the personal radio button twice after you have used your long range radio?

For me the first push on the personal radio transmit button does nothing, directly after using the long range radio.

My short range transmit button is CapsLock and my long range transmit button is Tab.

EDIT: There is another bug when I dont have a long range radio and then press the long range radio transmit button (CapsLock) my personal radio starts sending and locks this state.

This problems startet with 0.9.12 for me,  with 0.9.10 everything was fine.