nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Yes, it does mean axactly that. We're still using 0.9.8 for this reason.

• Like 1

Yea. Seems that solidifies the same for our group.

Zeus RC <--->Radio capabilities are a big part of what we use to facilitate various aspects of our gameplay.

Shame :(

• Like 1

I have a problem with TFAR.

Long range radio does not show, however it appears to transmit (transmit window shows) and doesn't stop transmitting, causing the frame rate to seriously drop and turn red.

TFAR        v0.9.12

CBA_A3    v3.1.0.160928

ARMA3     v1.64.138497

Windows 7 64 bit, gtx980, 4790k

Any help would be appreciated.

Where can I download 0.9.8 and 0.9.11 ?

Never mind I found 0.9.8

We're using 0.9.11 and I think our curators (starting in playable curator units) are still able to talk, listen and radio through curator controlled units - that's why I ask.

Terrible news is understated, let's be honest: its curator compatibility is the major selling point of tfar. Plus, if one of the most important features for some communities gets kicked out it should maybe find its way in a changelog.

#edit: I just double checked. It's not the case. You still can talk and listen through controlled units.

• Like 3

In earlier versions, like 0.9.8, I could hear players around the unit i was controlling even when I placed a curator module synced to a playable character.

Can you please contact me on our discord https://discord.gg/8emCVsz and provide me with a repro mission for that problem?

I can't reproduce that in my tests. I though i experienced the same issue while fixing the issue that dead players could hear Zeus. I thought it was connected to that. Thats why i answered you earlier with a hotfix i made as a look into the code didn't show me any compatability for Curators using the Remote Control module, so i thought it was really broken but appears it isn't.

But even now on the current 0.9.12 release i cant reproduce that with a unit synced to a curator module. (The units variable name entered in the curator module) I'm not a mission builder maybe I'm doing it wrong. Or maybe I'm doing it just right and everything else doesn't work. I don't know. Please contact me as quickly as you can as that maybe issue is currently holding off the release to the Steam workshop. Or it would be nice if some more people using 0.9.12 can contact me and confirm that issue or not.

Hey guys, I posted my question a month or so ago but, I'd like to know if anyone has knowledge on how the Terrain Interception Coefficient in the Enforce Usage module works exactly? Also, is it possible to have a LR radio with zero terrain interference or have one that is pretty much limitless on distance? Example would be for Command to reach their guys out in the battle with clarity even if those guys are more than 40KM out. Anyone's help/input would be very much appreciated :)

Man it'd be nice to have a real radio with that ability man.... where can I get one?

Despite the sarcasm there is no real radio that can do that, unless it's airborne. I've heard fixed-wing CAS clear as day but that's because they were airborne. Quite honestly current radio tech is unable to piece through tons of rock as well as other natural terrain which realistically degrades radio performance. Probably why you didn't get a response in the first place man.

Hey guys, I posted my question a month or so ago but, I'd like to know if anyone has knowledge on how the Terrain Interception Coefficient in the Enforce Usage module works exactly? Also, is it possible to have a LR radio with zero terrain interference or have one that is pretty much limitless on distance? Example would be for Command to reach their guys out in the battle with clarity even if those guys are more than 40KM out. Anyone's help/input would be very much appreciated :)

you can use

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator",2.0];

to give him twice the normal receiving distance. or even higher numbers.

I don't really understand the terrain interception coefficient so i can't really tell you much about that.

• Like 1

If I can chip in here, if my unit needs extra long range or clearer comms between units you can-

A) Climb a really big hill and yell louder than normal,

B ) get a longer range radio pack/ longer antennas or

C) Set up a satcom antenna  ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30863) with this mod, as doubles the range of a nearby radio if you place it and then stand next to it. 

• Like 2

Can we expect a feature which prevents other players to transmit on frequency A while another one is already transmitting on it?

• Like 1

Can we expect a feature which prevents other players to transmit on frequency A while another one is already transmitting on it?

Im pretty sure the feature is more the fact that u can talk on the same frequency at the same time, because this was not possible in earlier versions of the mod.

Im pretty sure the feature is more the fact that u can talk on the same frequency at the same time, because this was not possible in earlier versions of the mod.

1.0 Adds the possibility to disable Full-Duplex mode and use Half-Duplex only instead.

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/pull/1148

• Like 1

I installed this radio and only the SW radio works, the LW radio does not show.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

Hello,

Good work on the mod been using it for quite a while now !

Is there a intercom function for vehicle's crew to talk without to have to push-and-talk ? And while I'm at asking things, does anyone know if there is a script to jam TFAR radio ?

Hey guys,

I have a question. With 1.0 being worked on atm, are there any plans to make enemy AI react to talking? 
That's still something I'm really missing! :3

Many Greetings
Moony

• Like 1

Will this be implemented in the main mod or will it be available seperatly? Thank you for your work!

It already is Implemented in the main Mod version 1.0. But I don't know when the 1.0 release will be.

Hello,

Good work on the mod been using it for quite a while now !

Is there a intercom function for vehicle's crew to talk without to have to push-and-talk ? And while I'm at asking things, does anyone know if there is a script to jam TFAR radio ?

Intercom is highly requested and planned for an upcoming release. But I am not sure if it will make it into 1.0.

You could change the radio range via script which is effectively jamming if you set the range to 0.

player setVariable ["tf_receivingDistanceMultiplicator",0.0];

Sets the effective receiving distance to 0. Meaning player can't receive anything. Not sure about sending. You could also change the players encryption code that way nobody will hear him when transmitting. Join discord for more help.

Hey guys,

I have a question. With 1.0 being worked on atm, are there any plans to make enemy AI react to talking? 

That's still something I'm really missing! :3

Many Greetings

Moony

There are plans to implement this post 1.0. You can check progress here https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/902

I installed this radio and only the SW radio works, the LW radio does not show.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

Please join our discord at https://discord.gg/8emCVsz to get live support ;)

effn stoke that this mod is gettin some development love again. 

we have got a minor issue, hoping it can be resolved. 

A few versions back we would be able to talk on LR, stop talking and then immediately switch to SW and talk. Now we must wait 3 seconds to switch between radios otherwise the TFR dialog in bottom right sais we are transmitting on SW but the voice is acutaly transmitting on LR still. Very frustrating, any ideas?

• Like 3

effn stoke that this mod is gettin some development love again. 

we have got a minor issue, hoping it can be resolved. 

A few versions back we would be able to talk on LR, stop talking and then immediately switch to SW and talk. Now we must wait 3 seconds to switch between radios otherwise the TFR dialog in bottom right sais we are transmitting on SW but the voice is acutaly transmitting on LR still. Very frustrating, any ideas?

Can you define "A few versions back" in more detail?

I have a similar problem, at least up to 0.9.10. If I use certain keybindings for radios that do not contain qualifier keys, then I get something like this:

• Press SW key -> Normal short range radio talk
  • Release SW key
  • Press LR key -> Beep and everything sounds like LR, but the transmission goes to the local channel
  • Release LR key
  • Press LR key -> Correctly goes to the long range channel

I have no idea how to reproduce this problem, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I think it depends on what kind of keybinding you are using.

• Like 1

Sorry for being vague, but it was during the version that did not change for about a year, which raises the point that i dont think it was a version change that instigated the problem.

I remember being forced to set the SW additional channel because of a specific mission setup, and it probably sounds wierd but after i did that i started noticing some strange behaviour like what i posted before. I got rid of the additional channel key but the problem persisted.

Maybe it was an arma patch that changed things?

BTW while youre taking requests, the only thing ACRE does better than TFR is let you hear players talking in the 3d space when you are spectating them. any plans for that?

I can also attest to this specific bug. Like Azza, we use additional channels and switching too fast between these two channels has caused it. Not game breaking by any means, we are just now more attend on waiting a couple of seconds before barking orders :)

• Like 1

My workaround to this problem is that I push the transmit button twice everytime. People hear me coming. :D

But I suppose it's around since at least 0.9.7

Hi :-)

I've noticed that all our pre-configured radio frequencies have been broken with the last TFAR update.

Currently our code in the Init looks like:

// Task Force Radio Settings
#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["31.1","31.2","31.3","32.1","32.2","32.3","33.1","33.2"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrWest set [2, ["31","32","33","40","50","51"]];
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

Could anyone kindly tell me what it should be now with the new version ?

Cheers

SJ