nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

@kromka

Turn the plugin off. That's what I do. (Assuming you have the correct TS privileges, and even if you don't the TS admin or moderator can move you back into the TFR channel). 

U arent supposed to change your name just to get the right squad tag. Use a squad XML. Research it and you will find a hosting site that makes it very easy.

It's a requirement of the unit to also change name to your real last name, or one you make up. So it's not just the tags, we also really do have to change the name. Will this method work for the name as well?

@MrGamer100

I believe you, but the mod has zero reliance on your profile name so it shouldn't even be a factor. Maybe an issue with application permissions?

Both TFR and ACRE have the issue of working for some perfectly and not working for others. The reason being is because its a third party software you are now including OS and hardware issues.

I know some people where TFR only worked when permissions for TS and Arma where both at admin level, and I've know others were TFAR only worked when you started TS and Arma with no special permissions (doing so with admin would cause it to not work).

My intention is to be a civilian Zeus as a game moderator.

Is it possible to configure TFAR or TS to listen and communicate with all sides (op, blue, guerilla, civilian) using long range radio.?

Of course i don't want to talk to all sides at once (only hear all communication).

The only way is to have all sides use the same encryption (ie. they'd be able to hear each other on the radio as well). Take a look at lines 44ff here: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_MissionTemplate/blob/master/adv_missiontemplate.altis/functions/preInit/fn_tfarSettings.sqf

That's where I set my radio frequencies and encryptions for tfar.

Another way would be to have LRradios from each faction placed somewhere so you can change which side you want to talk to.

The only way is to have all sides use the same encryption (ie. they'd be able to hear each other on the radio as well). Take a look at lines 44ff here: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_MissionTemplate/blob/master/adv_missiontemplate.altis/functions/preInit/fn_tfarSettings.sqf

That's where I set my radio frequencies and encryptions for tfar.

Another way would be to have LRradios from each faction placed somewhere so you can change which side you want to talk to.

Do you mean:

_settingsLrWest = [false] call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrEast = [false] call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrGuer = [false] call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;

Should looks like;

_settingsLrWest = _settingsLrEast = _settingsLrGuer = [false] call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;

?

Can I overload settings above in my mission script? Eg. in mission.sqf?

No, that's not how it works. a = b = c = a is not a proper way to define multiple variables in sqf.

The function has to be called for every side's settings. TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings returns an array of radio settings. _this select 4 is the entry for the encryption.

Use like this in init.sqf:

_settingsLrWest = [false] call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrWest set [4, "_bluefor"];
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

_settingsLrEast = [false] call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrEast set [4, "_bluefor"];
tf_freq_east_lr = _settingsLrEast;

_settingsLrGuer = [false] call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrGuer set [4, "_bluefor"];
tf_freq_guer_lr = _settingsLrGuer;

I will try it. Thank you very much for help.

Can anyone confirm yelling/whispering/normal selection has no noticeable effect over your voice volume? I can't notice any on local talk.

It does not effect volume of your voice, but rather the distance it can be heard.

• Like 1

Where is userconfig saved if you are using the Steam workshop version of TFAR?

Why doesnt the normal userconfig work anymore?

So someone asked before but I didn't see a clear answer.  Is there an official TFAR update to 9.9? and if so is it working correctly?

• Like 1

With discord getting bigger and more people are switching from teamspeak to discord is there any chance we could get a discord extention for TFAR?

With discord getting bigger and more people are switching from teamspeak to discord is there any chance we could get a discord extention for TFAR?

Discord does not have an open API for this ability yet.

Discord does not have an open API for this ability yet.

Hopefully they get one soon so i don't have to pay for a TS anymore Cx

hqdefault.jpg

In all seriousness. Please be a bit more elaborative on versions you're using (arma, ts, tfar etc etc) and if you're using other mods, what revive system you are using (if any). A post saying "dude, lol. it is not working" is slightly worse than a worthless post ;)

• Like 1

Hello

I would like to make a little mod that would represent HF VHF and UHF radios.

Can you refer to a wiki or explain when I can change the Freq range of the radios?

No offense xconkersx, but will everyone stop with the Discord stuff!

Before anyone makes a comment about Discord and their API, can you at least go look at the their API. After like three minutes of looking at their API, your question would be answered: NO!

If you want it, then upvote these things:

https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/10587960-custom-sound-plugin-api

And

https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/14602302-api-c-similar-to-teamspeak-api

Could someone clarify something?
In our unit we have a problem with the new update. On ts, the mod says it's connected, but not in play. Radio works, however if we use talk button, then its just normal ts, and we can hear everyone. First we tried updating TS, from armaholic. We were on 0.9.8, and saw that there was a 0.9.10 update. So we did that, also on server. But still same problem.
Does anyone know whats wrong?

Kenny

• Like 1

Hey,

It seems that TFAR is causing the main menu in Apex to get partially blocked, so only the edges of the left/right block can be clicked, and the center one is inaccessible entirely. I presume this is a relic from TFAR's prior menu enhancements. Any chance of an update removing it in the near future?

Thanks

Never mind, just noticed there's already been an update. Awesome :)