nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

These aren't appearing on the mod news on the site?

Yes, they indeed do not appear.

So is TFAR now broken and should we keep to our old versions?

Any reason why it no longer loads the userconfig settings ?

Because it is not possible to distribute userconfig on Steam + some security reason. Need to think about other solution here (probably some settings menu).

It doesn't seem like the voice volume setting (ctrl+tab to switch between whisper, regular and yelling) have any effect. Latest version.

Quick question, why are you not updating the file on your website nor the information about the new version? 

Because it is not possible to distribute userconfig on Steam + some security reason. Need to think about other solution here (probably some settings menu).

Then why not simply use the old fashion way, for instance updating your website with the latest version (google drive link does the job as well)? It's still in 0.9.8 ;)

In our little community of 4 players, we cant get taskforce radio to work after the new update. We have updated it with pws. When we launch a game on my server we cant hear each other in the radio only when we are talking free of the radio we can hear each other.

Other than that, thanks for a great and importent mod.

Sixt

Good day here, having strange issue, and i'm new in TFAR, so sorry if it was answered.
Problem : people dont hear me while i'm speaking.
What i have done: Installed TS, installed plugin from TFAR, activated it in TS. My microfone is working, as Configuration of TS showed this. When finded server, connected to it, looked at channels, ip for TS, and connected proper IP to TS, setted channel, frequency in TFAR, pushing button - transmitting, but people dont hear me. Already disabled key for default arma communications, muting default VON, microfone, Unmuting it - no effect.

Microphone is connected via USB sound card, but its recognized in TS. TS runing in tray.

Try running TS3 as an administrator

Already tried, NVM, it started working after i deleted one of plugin (32bits) and disabled all record devices escept USBcard w/ microphone. Problem is i hear now only static sounds of radio (when you push/release ptt button) when someone is saying something.

Any plans for vehicle intercom system? It has been mentioned a few times and i think ACRE has one? So i assume it is do-able. It is the main thing missing from this mod in my opinion.

So I'm confused. Is the latest TFAR:

1. Complete

2. Stable

3. With or w/o userconfig?

• Like 1

I think that everybody is a bit confused right now and waiting for some clarification. I assume that nkey has more important things to do elsewhere. 

I think the Armaholic guy just reposted the link on Armaholic even if there hasn't been any update.

I posted my question a week or two ago but, I'd like to know if anyone has knowledge on how the Terrain Interception Coefficient in the Enforce Usage module works exactly? Also, is it possible to have a LR radio with zero terrain interference or have one that is pretty much limitless on distance? Example would be for Command to reach their guys out in the battle with clarity even if those guys are more than 40KM out. Anyone's help/input would be very much appreciated :)

Latest version works fine. I dont think the .dll was updated but we overwrote it with the one in the download anyway and there have been no issues.

As.for userconfig, we just left it there as im pretty sure its still required. Nkey said he is going to make it so it is not required as it conflicts with steam workshop but i didnt see that in the changelog.

There's been an issue that's 50/50 on the reproduction rate, some of the guys in our unit make a new profile in ARMA 3 that isn't the default so that we can get their names changed to match our unit. This has broken TFR for some of those members that made a new profile, and they have to go back to their default profile for TFR to work properly. We've thought it was userconfig doing it, but taking a look at it doesn't seem to be the reason why it happens. Any ideas for fixing this? We really need our guys wearing the right name and tags.

U arent supposed to change your name just to get the right squad tag. Use a squad XML. Research it and you will find a hosting site that makes it very easy.

Sorry, just need a bit of help.

When I go to reconfigure the keys, the visual dispaly itself is offset to the left, but it's still registered at it's normal position. Not sure if this is my fault or something to do with Apex. 

https://s32.postimg.org/67exjmo4l/Bug.jpg

EDIT:

Since fixed, believe it was an error with the version of CBA I was using.

U arent supposed to change your name just to get the right squad tag. Use a squad XML. Research it and you will find a hosting site that makes it very easy.

But you are supposed to be able to change your profile name nonetheless.

I'm so confused atm is there an update or not, because i'm using playwithsix and it's version 0.9.9

• Like 1

My intention is to be a civilian Zeus as a game moderator.

Is it possible to configure TFAR or TS to listen and communicate with all sides (op, blue, guerilla, civilian) using long range radio.?
Of course i don't want to talk to all sides at once (only hear all communication).